Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Freedom's Price

Akechta Dyami (played by Ambrosia)

Before climbing up Jaiden unloaded then reloaded his guns to make sure he was set, he climbed up, pulling himself up when he got to the top then sitting besides Jester "Jessy, ya got to stop putting pressure on yourself, those wounds'll re-open" he leaned back with both hands supporting him, he looked around to make sure there wasn't anyone who spotted them. Jaiden lightly grabbed Jester's hand and stroked the back of it with his thumb.
Jester Izumi (played by StillDoll) Topic Starter

Jester looked up at him and gave him a sheepish smile. "I know Jaiden. But i've done it before..i have to take care of everyone..i dont really have time to rest.." she replied quietly. There was no one around in the tiny, field they were in. The field was next to a ghost town that had been long dead. Windows were broke, chairs, cars, all kinds of furniture littered the street. Sand coated everything in several layers and the only thing that looked remotely close to being alive was the field that Jester and Jaiden were sitting in.
Jester stayed layed back, closing her eyes as Jaiden brushed his thumb lightly along the back of her hand. It felt nice to be alone and with some one that she cared for. Staying quiet, she almost completely forgot why they came here.

(hey I'm sorry for late replys I've been really busy with school and my birthday tomorrow and stuff, sorry again!)

The cloudy grey sky was an indication of rain "babe, I have a few stuff at home that I can take back, but I really want my sister to be safe along with Benji too" he said brushing his clothes. For a few seconds he watched her lay there "how did a guy like me, get you?" he held out his arm to help her up. The wind was quite strong but it was to be expected, Jaiden's hair danced along with it.

Jester smiled and took his offer for the help up. "Aw im not all that speacial.." she replied shyly as a small blush rose to her cheeks. Then she gave him a gentle kiss and lightly ran her thumb along his cheek before pulling away. Turning towards the town, she frowned and looked pained as her eyes searched for life in the ghost town.

Taking Jaiden's hand, she pulled him gently down the small slope they were on. Taking a hesitant step onto the pavement as they approached. Nothing happened when she did and she visibly relaxed slightly. Until a silver, metal arrow flew by her. Missing her cheek by a quarter of a centimeter. Tensing up, she stood stock still and searched in the direction it came.

(its perfectly alright:) your gonna get birthday wishes from me tommorow! Promisez!)

Jaiden was pained from the sight o the ghost town in which they stood, he stayed besides her looking at the the walls that were covered in green moth and other natural growth "this place is a mere shadow of what I rememeber. The bustling streets and flashing lights. Men, women and chidren filled the streets with smiles"

His anger towards the president had gotten worse "that man's... A monster"

Jaiden closed his eyes and entwined his fingers with her's. He kept them closed not wanting to see this ghost town when he opened them but 'What's done is done'. The arrow went straight through Jaiden's shoulder after it sped by Jester's face. Jaiden wasn't ready for it since his eyes were closed "MOTHER FUUUUUUH!" he dropped to his knee in pain

Jester turned in shock and knelt down beside him an odd calm coming over her. "Stay still. I have to break the arrow and pull it out. Its gonna hurt," she warned but gently. Takin his hand, she put it on her side so he would have something to grip. Putting her hands on the pointed side of the arrow, she realized it was metal and cussed under her breath. She would have to do it the other way which would hurt a whole lot more. Moving back to the metal feathered side, she broke off the flimsy metal of the feathers. Then gripped the arrow just below the pointed head. Then started pulling it out as quickly and easily as possible.
Another arrow flew at them but Jester stopped what she was doing and caught it just before it pierced through Jaiden's skin. Throwing it aside, she jerked the arrow out of his shoulder then ripped the stomach and hem of her shirt off and quickly tied it around and on the wound. "Stay put," she ordered and stood up. In a quick second, people were swarming out of the buildings like rats and had them surrounded. Jester gripped the handle of her gun and narrowed her eyes. The people surrounding them were thin and guant not one child among them. It was both women and men alike but most were barely anything more than skin and bones. Pity clouded Jerster's eyes but she was still in defense mode.

Jaiden felt the cold metal arrow rub against the inside of his shoulder along with the pain of it being pulled out, he grabbed her tight almost too tight but the strong woman that she is she didn't feel it. He watched her rip what clothing she had in half and wrap his wound up.

He watched the dried up human beings emerge from the darkness of the buildings holding crossbows at them "Jessy, don't they've already been through hell..." Jaiden stood up and held her hand "We're not enemies" he stayed close to her trying to get her to relax slightly

Jester was atill very uneasy and it showed in her rigid movements. One man stepped forward and touched her soft flesh which instantly made her whip around and snap his frail arm in half sending him reeling back. Yelling in pain as he fell into the crowd which a few women helped him back to a building that looked to be the hospital.

Jester took a step closer to Jaiden, a wild fear in her eyes as she saw the people around her and Jaiden. She couldnt help it, the last time she had been in a situation like this the people had become cannibals from the little food close by. She had lost many people to them and not in the prettiest sight. Except this time, a man stepped forward and looked at Jester as if she was a deadly weapon that need to be destroyed. Raising his hand slightly, a man beside him pointed his bow straight at her.

Jaiden kept her close, now pointing one of his guns at the man with the bow "I guess they're a problem... Poor innocent people turned into monsters" the arrow flew at her but in mid air Jaiden shot a bullet at the it which brushed the tip making it curl past Jester's face "we have to put them out of their misery... Even if we don't like it..."

He knew that what was happening was terrible, but it was like talking to a pack of hungry wolves, you can't talk them out of eating ya, only defend yourself.

Jester watched as a woman stepped forward and she couldnt bring herself to shoot her. The eyes showed a kindness in them. A lovingness that Jester had been wishing she could see from anyone. Had been dieing to see from her mom.
Without thinking, she stepped away from Jaiden and as soon as she did, they all moved in. Filling the gap in between her and Jaiden. A small yelp left Jester's lips as she was thrust forward and hit the cement hard enough to force the air from her lungs. But she quickly had it back, the few seconds it took though gave the people the time they need to pin her down. Leaving only her heart exposed to the arrow that was now poised a few centimeters away from her skin.
The man that seemed to be the leader stepped forward to hold Jaiden back but it was a weak attempt. "You said you no enemy," he said in a dry, dusty voice. "She attack. She enemy. She must be put down." he added.

Jaiden saw Jester engrossed by the woman, but when he'd realised what she was actually doing he was cut off and pushed back away from her "Jessy NO!" his anger was mixed with worry and desperation "don't hurt her, she was only protecting herself!"
"no. She attack."
"let her go, NOW" Jaiden's gun barrel was on the leader's forehead. "I will kill you all, if anything happens to he" his anger was overflowing and it showed in his eyes.

Jester groaned once she got the air back in her lungs. The many people holding her down was enough to feel as though they were crushing her. The leader let go of Jaiden once the gun was put to his head. "Shoot." was the only command that left the leaders lips.
The man with the bow let the string go and the arrow shot into Jester's body. A pained scream left her lips and it went deadly silent. But one woman smacked the man with the bow. "You missed!" she hissed. They all backed away from Jester except for a few men and women. The arrow had penetrated just an inch or so below her heart. Air coming in short, soft pants, Jester's eyes were squeezed shut and blood leaked from the corner of her mouth. "J..Jai..Jaiden.." his name left her lips at barely more than a whisper as blood soaked into what was left of her shirt on the left side. However much she lost, she refused to die yet. The men and women stared and waited for her to die like a pack of ravenous wolves but she wasnt so a man loaded another arrow to finish her off

"JESTER!" Jaiden yelled from the top of his lungs and pulled the trigger with no remorse. The leader landed with a bang and the others seemed to feel lost with out him. Jaiden's fast reflexes allowed him to shoot each of the humans that were pinning her down, their bodies dropped like flies.
He rushed over to Jester and raised her head "Jessy, h-hang in there" he picked her up in his arms "i'll get you out of here" he was worried for her and the tone of his voice proved it, his eyes directed to the route they took to get here. Jaiden ran with her in his arms before an arrow pierced through his leg, he yelled in pain but determined to get her to safety he limped on getting another Arrow through his left shoulder next to the previous wound... "AAAHH" he yelled in pain but his determinashan to see her safe kept him going as he carried on limping on as fast as he could "I-I will... Get you to..s-safety"

Jester coughed barely and blood spilled from the corner of her mouth but not too much. Her eye sight was fuzzy as she looked up at Jaiden. Feeling him stumble and hearing his cries made her angry but she could hardly keep her eyes open as it was. "S-stop..yo-your..h-hurt.." she managed to get out before having to stop and take in as much air as she could get. Soon they made it back to the hatch and every difficult movement that it took to get inside made a whine escape Jester's lips but she was more concerned about Jaiden since he had to carry both. Making sure he closed the hatch once they got in, she could only beg him to stop in a whisper and thats what she spent her energy on was begging him to stop and worrying over his injuries.

"no... You mean the... W-world to me" he looked down at her in his hands as he carried on limping, his eyes trying to adjust to the darkness of the tunnel, the only thing he could see was some light from the tunnel door, he kept limping and slowed down as he got close to the door "we're...here" she was still in his arms, his worry only growing each minute.

The warehouse of survivors was bustling with activity, everyone had a job to do. The kids played, silence slowly creeped through the air as the orange and red rusted tunnel door creaked open "oh no..." some of the women gasped as the saw Jaiden, soaked in his own blood as well as Jester's stood there in the doorway holding her with arrows sticking out of him...

Quickly women hustled children out of the way and hid them from the sight as men came forward. Some close the door and locked it shut tightly. One took Jester out of Jaiden's arms and another helped Jaiden over to a different part of the warehouse where no one stayed but the severly injured. Jester was already there, her eyes beggining to drift shut. "Jes! Open your eyes! Dont go to sleep," a man was leaning over her and saying trying to keep her awake. Another was snapping the arrow in half and slowly removing it from her chest. A pained, barely audible cry left her lips as they pulled it out.
The man helping Jaiden helped him into a chair. They broke the arrows and pulled them out slowly and carefully. But werent nearly as gentle as Jester had been. Once they got it out of his leg and shoulder they wrapped it up tightly after applying alcohol to them.

Jaiden felt the pain of the arrow being removed from his shoulder and leg but the pain of watching her in pain killed him on the inside. "Jessy, you'll be fine, I'm here with you" he limped over to her, his arm in a make shift cast out of bandages and a sponge. He slowly slid his hand into her's to "I... I love you..."

Jester was barely awake as they put pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding, making another whine escape her as they put more pressure. A few tears pricked a the corners of her eyes and spilled over. Hearing Jaiden say that he loved her, made her look at him and a small smile to grace her lips before it vanished as they pressed down turning into a wince. She gripped his hand hard. They had already used two towels and this was theyre third. "Jaiden im not sure if she'll make it.." a man whispered to Jaiden as Jester's eyes fluttered closed. Slowly, she stopped bleeding and the third towel did the trick as they poured alcohol on it, covered both entry and exit then wrapped her up tightly. Jester had passed out just before they poured alcohol on them.

Jaiden's eyes widened as the said that "no... No she can't be..." Jaiden's heart skipped a beat, he placed his hand on her cheek "WAKE UP JESS, WAKE. UP!" tears streamed down his cheeks as he yelled at her to wake up.

One of the men held him back, he couldn't do anything... He was helpless... Just like he can't do anything for his sister... Helpless...

The man holding him back, held him tightly until he could get him to calm down. "Jes is only asleep. She'll need it after what she went through. You can be the one to keep an eyes on her for us," he said gently before letting Jaiden go. Jester's breathing was slow and even though every now and then her breathing would pause for an extra second or so but then resume.
Staying asleep for several hours, Jester finally stirred as one in the morning rolled around. A wince and hiss escaped her lips as she put her hand over her wound. The pain was just barely tolerable as she tried to move but couldnt as she felt the wound trying to reopen.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Freedom's Price

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus