Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » The Mysterious Bandit OOC

I would like to add an extra post out of turn to give our new colleague Fae a chance to help??

Taff as a druid/warlock/sorcerer can summon or call upon the Faes
He doesn't want to stand by watching his uncle's barn burn to ashes
Same time he doesnt want other finding out about his powers least the king or Pentre discover this and kill him for it.

so he would seek help from Kenji Omari Nu and asking she makes it rain or raise the river or just extinguish the flames or something like that.

thoughts on this?
Posted. Jal can't help with the fire, but he sure can give the bandits a run for their money at least.

EDIT: Also I sometimes will rp him having a language barrier, mostly because he's such a quiet guy anyway that communication is still possible, if spotty. BUT if its preferred that he knows the local tongue I can make him do so and just have it be that he couldn't hear what the bandits were saying from far away.
Not sure if you should do that yet, we still have to see if she'll join or not, might be better to let her come up with her own way in but we'll see.
Hey guys! I just wanted to introduce myself here since I just joined the RP. Hello! I’m playing the fae Kenji in the RP.

My name is Jordan, or you can call me TheLittleWitch or Kenji, whichever you prefer. Im honored to get to be apart of such an interesting topic with such strong rpers.
Beetlebelle

Welcome! :)
Hello! :)

think it's my turn so time to post haha.
Welcome! Impressive entrance, by the way!
Thank you! I’m glad you liked it! I look forward to becoming more involved in the RP!
Before I post at all, is it alright if Jal has a language barrier or should I have him understand them? Just want to clear this up early in case that sort of thing annoys you guys.
oh I love twists and turns so go for the language barrier it will be fun to interact with
strawberry_champion Topic Starter

iltheyn wrote:
Before I post at all, is it alright if Jal has a language barrier or should I have him understand them? Just want to clear this up early in case that sort of thing annoys you guys.

Yeah that’s cool!
Alright, its set in stone. xP I just hope that Jalsinter's addition to this scenario doesn't actually worsen its potential.
Nah he fits right in, Iskra speaks a different language as well though she can speak the language of the area too (Though accented).

On that note didn't think of it before but does that mean the current region speaks some form of English whilst Iskra's speaks a language similar to Russian? if so I see an interesting possibility there. And it'd make sense since Quintus didn't have to learn the regions language just dialect.
strawberry_champion Topic Starter

Correct! Most of Iskra’s bandits know it as well, though Iskra’s been speaking since birth. It was her late-husband who taught her English, but she isn’t fluent, so that’s why she ignores people sometimes, so her lack of understanding doesn’t come through. She just opts to look like a prick instead.
Ahh perfect! since Quintus is from a future Earth/ from a different universe he can speak/ has knowledge of other modern Earth languages, that along with his suit's systems could help him with any Earth tongues (Not perfectly of course). Figured he could try speaking to Iskra in Russian once he recognizes the accent. Jalsinter seems to speak a non Earth language (or maybe a really old one) so Quintus wont be able to nullify that aspect, which keeps it in play.
I kinda hadn't thought much on the exact language Jal speaks in this setting, mostly because if it isn't disclosed I don't claim to know what world it is. But if it is open for him to have a non-earth language I do prefer that, since he's such a fantasy-based character. I do imagine, though, that his language is somewhat similar sounding to German. (In settings that are strictly earth-based I tend to make him German.)
Yeah like I said non-earth language is fine/best as it lets him keep the language barrier. And got, I think I'll have Quintus trying to use German but fails since its not actually German Jal speaks
Beetlebelle

I did some doodles to play around with what Atoli might have looked like when she was younger. Do you feel bad now, Iskra?! >:U

goGOdNc.png
LOOL the egg :p also her eyebrows makes me think of starfire from teen titans lol!
Beetlebelle

Oh my gosh, you're right! And the bangs make her look like Starfire too. Good catch! xD

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » The Mysterious Bandit OOC

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus