Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

Zalia was startled awake by Alezander's yell. She looked around for a moment, trying to calm down, then spotted Zavien. She blinked. Then blushed bright red. He was watching them sleep?? That was rather embarrassing. And for once she really didn't know how to 'calm the waters' between the two. So finally she frowned and looked at Alezander. "I wanna know. Now. I wanna know who he is and why he's on the other side of the mirror and why you two don't get along." She was usually never so demanding. And that courage kind of petered away when she added a quiet '..please?'
Mena (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

"It is nothing, really," Alezander said, a little quickly. Zavien only smiled and pulled his hair over his shoulder to pretend to inspect the strands.

"Nothing, except, he is the reason I am stuck here on Earth." These words drew a fierce glare from Alezander. He stood, standing straight with Zavien as he frowned.

"Perhaps you should leave my room, until we are ready? I thought you slept during the night anyway?"

Zavien grinned. "I do, but I don't sleep every night. I have no reason to." He held up his hand and gave a quick wave. "Fine, fine, I'll leave."

Zalia frowned. "Okay...I want answers, Alezander! Come on! You love me, right? Then why are you hiding things from me?" She pouted at him. "Just tell me, Alezander. Please? I don't like being left in the dark! It's not fair..." She sighed. "Please? I just wanna know. It's like...after everything we've been through, and you're still not opening up to me..." She fiddled with her hair.

"Zavien is obviously important in your life somehow. I just wanna know." She tugged on her hair and closed her eyes.

When Zavien left, Alezander let out a sigh. But when Zalia questioned further, his mood suddenly soured. "He is not important in my life! I told you there were darker parts to my past, and that I wasn't ready to talk about them. I didn't force you to talk about your father, or what all he did to you. I didn't force you to tell me what it was like when you nearly lost control yesterday. Please don't ask me to tell you something I am not ready to tell you. I am ashamed of it." He took a deep breath and then lowered his head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out that way. I understand you want to know more about me, but... one step at a time. If we learn everything about each other all at once, then the mystery will be gone, and you might find me less lovable." He tried to force a smile then.

((Yay you posted <3 *loves forever*))

Zalia flinched when he yelled at her, looking away. "...you're right." she said softly, her voice just a whisper. "I'm being selfish. I'm sorry." Even when he apologized, she didn't look up, and she didn't feel any better. "I don't love you for the mystery, Alezander...I love you for who you are. No matter what you did in your past." Still, her voice was nothing but a whisper. She couldn't look at him.

"I'm...gonna go feed Shadow." She picked up the baby bunny and headed downstairs to get some lettuce. She felt like crying.

Alezander watched her leave, and sighed heavily, rubbing his hair. His heart wanted to stop her, but his mind wanted to let her go. There was just too much around this whole situation, and he didn't like it. He turned, going to shower... maybe that would clear his head.

When Zalia had gone down stairs, Zavien was sitting on the couch, watching with interest. He noticed that Alezander had not followed, and could only assume that things had not gone well upstairs. He stood up slowly, stretching a bit, before his mouth turned to smile and he made his way to follow her.

"He's a tough guy to get through to. So don't look so sad," he said, entering the kitchen and leaning against the counter top. "If you really want to know how he and I know each other, I will gladly tell you." He gave a sheepish grin toward her.

Zalia looked over at Zavien and just listened to him while she got some lettuce and set Shadow and the lettuce down. She thought over his offer, then sighed and shook her head. "...I can't. He'd get really mad at me..." She bit her lip and sat down on the floor. "I just...I wanna understand him. I don't want to be left in the dark. He's a vampire. And that hasn't made me stop loving him. There's nothing worse than that. Everything we've been through...with that woman, and his family, and my dad... I just thought...I thought he trusted me now. I thought he would know my love wasn't gonna stop because of something he did."

She hugged her knees to her chest, putting her chin on her knees. "I love him so much...but he still shuts me out. What if...what if he never truly trusts me?.."

"This," Zavien said, straighten himself up, and then coming closer to her and leaning down a little, "is not a trust issue. You need to realize this. There is a difference between being ashamed, and not trusting someone. Though I still am a little hurt that he is ashamed." He gave a sort of pouting look before placing his hand on her head and ruffling her hair.

Zalia listened to him. "...Zavien, he shouldn't be ashamed. No matter what he did, I love him. No matter what. He should know this." She sighed, looking up at Zavien as he ruffled her hair. "...are you sure? I think he's mad at me. He yelled at me for asking about it. I don't know what to do."

She chewed on her lip. "He...has every right to be mad. I shouldn't have asked. But that doesn't stop the fact that I really want to know...."

"If he is mad at anyone, it would be me. And I don't mind that one bit." He continued with his grin. It seemed as if he enjoyed getting a rouse out of Alezander. "So, naturally, he would be angry with me if I told you about our history. And since you really want to know..." He closed his eyes, giving more emphasis on that childlike expression.

Zalia blinked and looked at him. "..Eh? What? N-no, don't tell me! That would make him really mad and he'd be mad at me too for not stopping you, and that's just all around bad! Zavien, why do you always try to get him mad at you?" She just didn't understand it!
Zavien (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

"Because it is fun," he said, seeming to go into thought then. "I like to watch the emotions people give. They are a little foreign to me, as a matter of fact. But, if you don't want to hear the story, then I will not press the matter." He moved in closer to her, most likely uncomfortably close.

"Tell me... What emotions do you feel when there is another man this close to you? Uneasiness, fear... anger?" He watched her expression with curiosity.

Zalia leaned back when he got so close. She looked away. "F-..fear. Now back off." She pressed a hand against him to push him away so she could have some space. "I'm...rarely angry." It was a very foreign emotion to her. Whatever happened to her, she had to deal with it. She had to shrink into her little ball and just take it. Getting angry had always made things worse with her father.

"What...are you?"

"No anger?" He seemed a bit surprised by that. How could one rarely feel anger? Almost all he had encountered gave that emotion rather easily.

"Curious, is what I am," he said, standing up now and backing away from her. "I do not mean any harm, just so you know. I, like I said, like to see emotions." There was somewhat of a glint in his eyes.

Zalia sighed a little bit, relaxing when he moved away. "Alezander's the only one who's gotten that close to me without the intent of hurting me..." She pet at Shadow and looked back at him. "You shouldn't play with him, you know. It's cruel. You don't have to make him upset to get an emotion out of him."

"Oh, believe me, I know," he said, turning from her and giving a light chuckle. "Perhaps I wouldn't try to get that emotion out of him, if it wasn't constantly there when I am around. But I guess that cannot be helped."

He looked at Zalia, over his shoulder. "How long have you known each other? I mean, before you became romantically involved?"

Zalia sighed a little bit. "I guess not..." She stretched slightly, but looked at him as the question was asked. "Uhm...I don't know. A little while?" She wasn't sure. Time was something that escaped even her, especially when their lives were full of so much chaos.

"Why?"

"Nothing..." he said, his tone changing just a bit. "Just a question." He looked over when he heard Alezander coming down the stairs, his hair still slightly wet from the shower. The vampire had stopped at the site of the other male, and he shook his head, making his way into the kitchen. "Ah, yes, and that is my cue to leave." Zavien made his way out, and into the living room to make himself comfortable on the couch.

"I hope he didn't bother you too much," Alezander said quietly, making his way toward her.

Zalia knew that wasn't really the answer, but she was too distracted to care once Alezander came down. She watched him for a few moments, then watched as Zavien left. She was too worried at first. Alezander was surely mad at her. But when he started walking towards her, she took that as a good sign and quickly closed the distance between them, hugging him tightly. "I'm sorry..."

"Don't be sorry," he said, hugging her back. "You don't have anything to be sorry about." He closed his eyes as he embraced her, and then sighed. "I'm sorry that I'm making this all difficult on you, by not being honest with you. I just... I'm not quite ready to confess it. But I promise, when I am, I will tell you right away."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus