Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Ask the Character Below you a Question!

“Easy...the Great Library located down some passageways in my own home, perks of having a home and library built in to a mountain side and in the mountain, just stay out of the enchanted section unless you want books flying off the shelf at your head the entire time because they have a mind of their own and want to bother you.”

“How do you react when you see a supposed omen?”
Stray Dog (played anonymously)

"Omens!? Ain't nobody got time for that, baby girl! You just gotta do what you gotta do! Roll that dice and see what comes, and if the going gets rough, just rely on yer skill! After all, everybody loves an underdog! Heh, see what I did there??"

"What do you think about puns?"
Warspite (played by AgitoAceXIII)

“They just exist, young lad. It can be quite humorous if executed correctly, such as the man on the chopping block! Haha!”

“Ahem! I keep being called an old lady! I’m not that old....right?”
“I vaguely remember the beheading of a certain Tudor Queen as humans call her, I think you’re the young one here.”

“Coffee or tea?”
Maisi Dennis (played anonymously)

"Tea, definitely!" Maisi responds with a bob of her head and a decided air. She seems in an exceptionally good mood. "I've never liked the smell or taste of coffee, even though I did work at a coffee shop for several months..."

The artist taps her chin thoughtfully before an idea abruptly comes to her; with a buoyant smile, she declares, "Ah, I've got another 'this or that' question--which do you prefer, cats or dogs?"
Diana (played by JetStorm)

"Dogs...I'm allergic to cats." she answered.

"Pizza or Chicken Wings?What do you prefer?" she asks
From his place in the classic cat-loaf position on the floor, Zafnir tilts his head to the side. A confused rumbling sound stirs in his throat; he doesn't understand the question.

The dragon squints. "I suspect those are colloquial names for specific dishes. I'm familiar with neither, but I'd be happy to taste both should you ever wish to have me over for dinner."

He rolls his head back and eases into a long yawn. His sharp canines catch most impressively in the light. "Right, we are playing 'This or That', or 'Would you Rather" or whatever you'd call it. Hmmm..." He reaches up with a forepaw and tugs thoughtfully at his beard. "Would you rather be impervious to fire or be capable of breathing underwater?"

As he turns to the next in line, a faint smile lights up his face; he thinks he might enjoy this game.
Greg Lestrade (played by Atheist)

Greg took a moment to gape open-mouthed at what he would have deemed as undoubtedly fantastical. A massive dragon sat before him, coiled comfortably with it's twelve plus meter wing span and ironically pleasant demeanor. Rather than flee for his life, however, the detective inspector remained stalwart, listening to the affable creature speak. Supposing the being itself was more than enough shock to Greg's system, but the even-tempered manner with which the dragon addressed him left the Scotland Yarder momentarily speechless.

"Would I rather what?" he managed to belt out, barely. "Oh, right, ah, I suppose I'd rather be impervious to fire?"

His response sounded about as certain as he felt over this whole ordeal; shaky at best, or perhaps even a bit mad.

He had seen it all, but before he'd let that hinder him from participating any further, Greg turned to the other alongside him, a pleading look about his haggard face in hopes that he was not alone in his plight. "You're seeing this right? Oh! You want a question -- right, so what's your most useless talent then?"
Tyro Desit (played by TyroDragon45)

For me? Being a soldier. I don't care how strong you are, but your country is one thing, your life is another.

If you could change any habit of yours, what would it be?
Taraviel (played anonymously)

The elf snorted. “What? How ridiculous. As if I have any habits I’d want to change. Why mess with perfection?”

Giving the question more than a moment’s consideration, however, he realized he had a better answer. “Fine. I have a habit of insulting people. Sometimes without realizing. It is, of course, always well-deserved... I am nothing if not honest. But perhaps people would be more open to my preaching if I wasn’t so quick to the rude remarks. There’s always time to make their shortcomings clear to them later on.”

Taraviel turned to the next person, bright eyes sizing them up as he fought the urge to start this off with yet another insult. “You. Tell me. What brings you the most joy in your life?”
Avessia (played anonymously)

She scowled at his rudeness, and crossed his arms. "Wouldn't you like to know, pretty boy? What are you going to do with the information?" she smirked, but decided she would answer the question anyway. She threw her long, red hair over her shoulder, and turning away from the elf. "What brings me joy? Being alone, the rain, that sort of thing... and though I hate to admit it, I do like being able to look into the future and find out a way to get revenge on my enemies," she grinned slowly. She turned on her heels to look at the next person, and with one hand on her hip, and the other giving her neighbor a finger gun asked, "And you. What would you do if you had the chance to either save a whole kingdom or your family, if one of them were to die?"
"Kingdom, huh? Sounds like the D&D game I play at my friend Gary's house. I'm Steala the thief, twin sister of Heala the cleric," Tabby said twirling a lock of hair around her finger. "Keep this between us, but I wouldn't do much to save my dad. My brother and mom, however, just about anything! Especially my mom. It's hard to think about what I wouldn't do or what line I wouldn't cross there. I'd like to think I'd be brave and be able to do whatever it took. Let's make this a bit less dark. What's your favorite color? Mine is purple!"
Maisi Dennis (played anonymously)

"All the colors," she answers, possibly a smidge too fast to be normal. The placid but sleepy expression she wore has vanished rather quickly, a spark lighting behind her eyes at the very mention of colors. A blink signals recalculation however, and her avid expression adjusts to a more thoughtful countenance.

"Well..." Maisi reconsiders her statement, settling back on her heels before rocking slightly forward again. She's probably putting far too much thought into such a simple question, but sleep deprivation has an odd effect on her mind. After a moment's contemplation she muses, slowly, "Technically, I do like all the colors--but I like different colors more on different days. Monday I might really like an emerald green, then Tuesday I'm feeling more sky blue. Then Wednesday it's back to green, but chartreuse instead of emerald. ...I don't ever really like pink, though, unless it's in a sunset." She makes a flip-flop motion with one hand, shrugging. "Today I'm liking a nice, shiny, obsidian black, even though black is technically a shade..."

A yawn interrupts her rambling, which is usually the point at which anyone subjected to her occasional rants makes an excuse and exits the scene; the artist seems to have lost her steam however, as if she'd forgotten she was tired and yawning had reminded her. Shrugging once more and smiling demurely, she questions a nearby stranger, "Hey, what do you do when you've got to ask somebody something important, but you're... mmm, let's say--a little nervous about it? Okay, maybe a lot nervous..."
"Important, huh? There's always the whole 'asking for a friend' approach. Maybe you could also get someone to ask for you if that's an option. Of course, there is the Leeroy Jenkins method where you just charge in abruptly and just ask, you know, figuratively speaking. I guess it depends on who it is, why you need to know, and what it is you are asking them as far as what tactic to use. So.... what's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?"
Alaine Barrows (played anonymously)

"Oh, geez." Alaine ran her hand up over her forehead and back through her hair, replying, "I know I've had plenty of embarrassing stuff happen, but the thing coming to mind now is the first time I tried to take my driver's test to get my license; all the time I'd been learning I never had an accident, not once, but when I went out on my test--going 25 miles an hour, mind you--I hit a mailbox. It was stupid. They had to call the police and everything, I felt so dumb."

She laughed a tad sheepishly, then asked, "Totally off-topic, but if you were were in a fight and only had the options of sword or shield, which one would you take?"
Greg Lestrade (played by Atheist)

Greg wore the expression of confusion almost constantly as of late, though it would also appear to be his default facial setting, so no real drastic changes there. The detective would have chalked up this perpetual state of disorientation to his current surroundings, because next to nothing made any sense anymore.

Upon being asked which armaments he would select, Lestrade considered his options with great effort. It was an unexpected sort of circumstance he'd likely never find himself in, yet he wanted to remain true to his capabilities. "Shield," he said with finality. "I haven't bested a sword and, frankly, I'd probably wind up hurting myself and those around me. It wouldn't end well, I think."

Greg shifted nervously in place, a hand moving upward to tug idly at his cuff while a question brewed in his mind. "As I'm sure there are plenty of these for all of us, what was one of the most important lessons you had to learn the hard way?"
Gundham Tanaka (played by SunbroTheAbysswalker)

"Hiyoko Saionji doesn't like it when you say she looks or acts like a child." Gundham sighed. "I had attempted to try and tell her that she should act like an adult, but she didn't seem to want to listen. She screamed at the top of her lungs until Mahiru had calmed her down." He sighed again.

"Erm, anyways, if you had been gifted powers from the underworld, what would you do with them?"
“Why, I’d use them! But who is to say I’m not already~?”

“So tell me! What works better, befriending your “enemies” or intimidating them? My “Commander” thought I should ask, hmm?”
Taraviel (played anonymously)

At her comment regarding underworld powers, Taraviel gives her a weary glance and takes a few steps back. Only then does he answer her question. “Well... if you can, I’d say it’s better to turn some of your enemies into friends. Means you have fewer enemies,” the priest mused. “But that’s not always possible. Some people only respond when you put the fear of the divines into them. Personally? I’m better with intimidation than the whole friendship and kindness bit. I fear it’s not a good look for a priest of Mara, though, and for her sake I’m trying to fix that.”

“Hmm... If you have the choice,” he asks, “do you prefer to go out during the day, or at night?”
West (played by Claine)

"Both have their perks, but I'm drawn to the night. The liveliness, the lights, the thrill. The wide open road when the nightlife dies away, the stars when you get away from the city."

What is this characters biggest regret?

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Ask the Character Below you a Question!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus