Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Warrior Cats BlossomClan

Zerenia (played by Dragloak)

Runepaw padded up to Twilightpelt. “You seem like you have this under control, would you mind if I went out to collect more herbs? I don’t really have anything to do here”
All Warrior OCs (played anonymously)

Twilightpelt twitched his ear at his apprentice's dismissive reasoning. "Yes you may collect herbs. See if you can take a warrior to help carry them back...or if you want to do multiple trips you can. Whichever suits you best." The medicine cat blinked calmly at Runepaw before glancing at the kits and Redfeather, seeing that they were still okay.

Runepaw walked out of camp, and headed towards a stream where she knew that poppies grew near. She heard pawsteps behind her, and she ignored them, at least until the dog was nearly on top of her. She had been too lost in thought to smell it. If any cat had been watching, they would have found the next events very strange. Runepaw turned around to face the dog, what Twolegs would call a ‘Wolf’, and purred in delight. “Graystone! What are you doing here?” Runepaw asked happily. A short conversation followed, and she went to collect the herbs she had come for as the wolf padded into the bushes.

Twilightpelt continued to watch over the kits and queen peacefully. Though the new and unexpected kit showed up, the day was good and well overall. The tom let out a small purr.

Runepaw returned to camp with her jaws full of herbs, feeling happier than she’d been since she had joined Blossomclan. But who had she been talking to, and how did they know each other?

Twilightpelt saw Runepaw come back with the herbs and nodded to her, proud of her findings. Though an odd smell wafted his nose and he sniffed the air once more, noting it was still there. It smelled almost like a dog; causing the fur on the medicine cat's back to start standing up.

Although Runepaw had washed herself thoroughly after her meeting with Graystone, the herbs still carried his scent, as he had insisted on helping find some. Runepaw worried about this, she would much rather it not be known she could speak to dogs, it would mean revealing her past. Although she trusted Blossomclan, she couldn’t be sure they wouldn’t become suspicious of her if she revealed too much.

As worried as Twilightpelt was, he knew that there was no dogs near their camp- it was almost impossible. There was never any twoleg activity anywhere near BlossomClan territory and the cats would have scented or found the dog by now if there was one. The medicine cat shook his head to clear the scent away and nosed both Lionkit and Blue Moon up to their paws before giving them a small lick to clean the dust off of them.

Runepaw heard something. There it was again, a dogs howl. This one told her something was very wrong, she hoped the other cats hadn’t heard it. She slipped away, heading towards the source.

Twilightpelt thought he heard something but shrugged it off as the wind howling through the trees, and decided to make his way back to his den. He had to think about what he was going to tell his leader about the lone kit who had now joined the clan unofficially.

Runepaw came across the small pack of wolves deep in the forest. The body of a she-wolf lay in the dust. Rune paw recognized her, and ran to the pack. The wolves looked at Runepaw with sympathy. Runepaw sat vigil over the body of her adopted mother, yowling her sorrow into the sky.

Twilightpelt noticed that Runepaw wasn't in the den when he got there. The tom looked back outside for the she-cat but also didn't find her. Confused, the medicine cat padded around the clearing until he managed to pick up his apprentice's scent which lead out of the camp. Twilightpelt stepped out of the camp a few paw steps and called out for Runepaw. "Runepaw?!"

Graystone heard the call, and nudged Runepaw. “Someone’s looking for you, little one,” he said gently.
“I don’t want to leave her,” Runepaw replied.
Graystone sighed. “She walks with the Ancestors now. You’re the cat equivalent of our Shamans, right? I’m sure she will visit you, but you must be patient.”
Runepaw licked her mother’s head, bidding her a final goodbye. She then padded towards the sound of Twilightpelt’s meow, her tail dragging in the dirt.

Twilightpelt eventually saw Runepaw coming from the forest, looking very solemn and depressed. The tom pranced to her and feverishly checked her for injuries. "Are you okay Runepaw? Was that you wailing a while ago? Where did you go?" The medicine cat hailed the she-cat with questions impatiently, worry written all over his face.

“I’m fine. I...” Runepaw trailed off, and buried her face in her paws. “She’s dead and I didn’t even get to say goodbye!” she wailed.

Twilightpelt crouched beside Runeoaw and gave her quick comforting licks on her shoulder and head. "Who died...?"

Runepaw took a few deep breaths. She didn’t have to answer though, as Graystone had decided this was the right time to interfere. The giant dog padded lightly out of the bushes, and almost like a cat, nodded in respect to Twilightpelt.
“Come, both of you. Whitemist thinks you should be the one to say the final goodbye.”
Graystone was speaking cat, not very fluent, but it was passable.

Twilightpelt hissed in horror and fluffed his fur up to seem twice his size at the sight of the big dog. His green eyes widening and his claws stretched out fully. He could almost smell his own fear as he grabbed the scurf of Runepaw and pulled her behind him quickly away from the dog. "Stay back! Stay back or I will leave you with scars that not even StarClan could heal!" , his gruff voice with filled with threat and aggression.

Graystone made a rumbling noise. He was laughing. “Relax, I’m here to take Runepaw to say goodbye to her mother. Is this your mentor then, little one?”

Twilightpelt continued to bristle in fear and horror, but relaxed slightly.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Warrior Cats BlossomClan

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus