Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (IC) First impression of the character above you

“…You do realize you’re not entirely original yourself, right? No one is. But you kinda annoy me.”
James Moriarty (played by Atheist)

"Children, focus," Jim snaps his fingers in an attempt to get their attention. "First impressions, remember? Or are we going to stand around and continue to act like we're all still in primary school, hm?"

"I'll set the pace...again," he said, his tone flat and assuming it's professor-like cadence. "You are an amalgamation of multiple qualities. Though you don't have much information to go on, you seem to have a smidge of patience for others, though not much. I feel you on that. Perhaps you have a genuine heart, and you do good by others, but you seem to have a lot of soul searching to do first."
"As any general should know, the confines of the mind are far deadlier than any weapon that can be encountered upon the battlefield. Tact, guile, and cunning of an order that is as magnificent as it is fearsome, once every few centuries an individual is spawned, a scourge that humbles the gods of its time and then slays them, Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan... James Moriarty stands within this league except that he is far less reckless. On the outside, a man that impresses upon the other with a sort of orderly finesse, a dignified man of intellect who commands the admiration of many, beneath that meticulously constructed surface, however, is the devil in the guise of a man. What motive drives the psychopath? power, fame, fortune? no, he has all of these, if this query were easily answerable then the man in question would not be the enigma that is James Moriarty. Machiavelli's wet dream."
"Hhnuh, wit' all 'em due respect'n all, y'seem 'xactly like t'typa officer m'guys at Skylax'n I woulda hated t'see on t'other side'o t'field. Y'know, not t'basin' everythin' on looks'n such, but w've learnt sooner than w'knew t'wipe our ass that seein' anyone wit' an ol' face an' tired seen-'t-all eyes's a pain t'battlin' 'gainst." No mockery, no attitude. For once, every single word Sprite pushed over her lips dripped with dead seriousness. Hadn't it been for the countless chats she'd had about it with her comrades during the starry hours of another unbearably humid night, she might've worded it differently, but the idea was still there. "T'whole fact that y'pulled it t'stay alive as long as y'have jus' means that wh'tever fight w'gonna be facin' y'in's gonna be a solid bitter one, can tell y'that." Sloppy leaders send their goons to die quick, meaningless deaths. Gray-faced vets offered them slow but 'honorable' ones instead. Looking back, dodging an extended vacation in the Konian trenches'd spared Sprite's sorry backside in more ways than one.. "Havin' said all that, tho'.. I've also heard 'em grumpy ol'-timers like y' r'better company than y'trainin' 'n farin' methods're makin' guys believe. Every ol' man's an ol' man, after all. So, y'know, don' think y'safe from any scrappin' 'round jus' yet- might snatch t'fancy beast coat offa y' t'get a smile 'nto that face." Nothing quite beat the smell of disrespect in the morning! Hopefully a simple gag wouldn't cost her her head..
Jessica Griffin (played anonymously)

“My first impression of you is being reminded of a weird dream I had after playing dungeons and dragons all weekend.”
AnOnYmOoSe (played anonymously)

'you like music i guess!'
Oarai PzKpfw. IV Ausf G. (played anonymously)

"...All powerful being? I don't know..."
Kokichi Ouma (played by SunbroTheAbysswalker)

"Barely anything to say about you. I do have one question though..." His bored expression turned into a twisted smile. "How do you say that name of yours?"
“I barely even know what it is you’ve gone through. I can only assume you dealt with it like that…just remember; you’re not alone. None of you are.”
The Red Scythe (played anonymously)

"A pure hearted, bright eyed, idealist hero, ze! Oh! How I love putting upstarts like you in their place, ze!"
Kokichi Ouma wrote:
"Barely anything to say about you. I do have one question though..." His bored expression turned into a twisted smile. "How do you say that name of yours?"

“Panzerkampfwagon IV is all you need to know.”

“AHEM. My first impression of you, above me, is that you seem that you could be a wonderful servant! Doing my bidding and serving me, why, you are not just some lowly animal, hmm? I think you and I could benefit from each other.”
Fepris (played by WinterBlackDraoi)

He squinted to try to determine what breed or composition of creature this thing that spoke was. "You look like a female, but you class yourself as Shipgirl? Do you work on a ship, command such a vessel? And why all those extra appendages? You are very colourful but confusing." He shook his head, a thickly drawn look of puzzlement washed over his features. "Did I eat the wrong fungi?"
Kokichi Ouma (played by SunbroTheAbysswalker)

Ouma didn't seem to understand what was in front of him, but he began to laugh anyway. "Oh! You'd be so fun to manipulate!" His cheerful, laughing expression turned to a sinister and twisted grin. His laughter no longer sounded cheerful, but almost evil instead.
Sarahis (played anonymously)

"Hmmm? Perhaps you should have read this Fepris's biography. As it is detailed, and the majority here do read, but alas those with a mind consisting of primordial pottage obviously has difficulty. My impression of is, you are a crummy, uncivilised, nuisance, and tempestuous."
((First off: Skip this reply and answer to @Sarahis's instead which is the one in line by the time I started writing this.

It might be expecting too much from some of you but I think it's time to actually put effort into reading about who you're going to reply to. Over and over again I'm only seeing back-and-forth akin to a parallel roleplay into a thread that's supposed to be interaction with person above you. But instead the members that are actually putting effort into reading the damn profiles are getting disrespected irrelevant ramblings from people, supposedly in-character, that can't even bother to bat an eye at the other's profile. That's disrespectful, if some of you even know what that means of course.

And since there's so much irrelevant back-and-forth between the same people that is always intervening with us trying to interact with each other within the thread's rules, why don't some of you pack up and move to, say, some freeform mess of a thread in General Roleplay? That way you can stroke your egos with back and forth and leave the few of us that actually put effort into reading into each other's profiles. And that way you won't get petty replies from the people that are rightfully disgusted by your behavior.

Hell, this is not the first time this situation have plagued this thread, it got so severe back then that a mod had to step in to get things straight. Just so you know how disruptive this behavior can be.

"B-B-B-B-BUT CHURCH 'TIS JUST A FUNNY THREAD."

A 'funny thread' where I've met some of my best writing partners to date and a 'funny thread' where we could be meeting potential great writing partners if it weren't by so many of these infantile interruptions. Somebody felt the need to quote MY ENTIRE PROFILE instead of a proper reply for the sake of being pettiness, for god's sake.

PS: The Game. You lost.))
Martes Ozcuro (played anonymously)

"A most boorish and decrepit looking warlock. Really! Just because you practice the arcane arts doesn't mean you have to neglect your body, one would think one seemingly as old as yourself would know that magic flows better in a well trained vessel. Try leaving your dusty library every once a while to go outside, your complexion looks most unhealthy."
Kiran (played by Leighoflight)

"This right here-" waves his hands up and down to motion to Martes "is the reason I stay clear of the demonic arts."
A scowl would appear on his features " What manner of foul devilry is this ? if you have resolved to embrace the crutch of sorcery then atleast make it more tasteful than resorting to necromancy, i haven't much to say other than necromancers typically make good tinder, as do witches"
Veria Dazzledaze (played anonymously)

“Your combat ability and lack of scruples would make you a perfect lackey. I would much rather have you fighting for me than against me.”

“Alas, however, if our blades were to cross, you can be rest assured you would not prevail.”
" Arrogant and ambitious, largely triumphant but as with all aspiring megalomaniacs, I have never heard of one that met a graceful end. All slavers meet their Spartacus one way or the other.

You seem to be a monster that was made rather than born, beneath the unflinching visage of a cold merciless killer there is evidence of significant injury and all else is compensation. You have become the hatred, fear, and suffering once dealt to you., I do not think I would have the compulsion to do you harm or end you should we come to blows, but I would not hesitate to impose some humility, you look like you are in dire need of some.

As for the matter of lending service, there would have to be some degree of negotiation, I do not take up ventures so leisurely lest the stakes have my approval. You are a quaint and interesting oddity, equal parts amusing and tragic"

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (IC) First impression of the character above you

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus