Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Alvara (played by AmongstTheStars)

Alvara looked around, seeing what was a beautiful Forest turn into grey. She would see the two of them move but for some reason she just couldn’t move. This was not magic?? The thought confused her... She watched as the blade turned to butterflies, causing a bit of shock. His power was great and it had to have some type of weakness. Even the greatest of spells/natural abilities had their weak points. She just had to find out what it was like he found hers...Erebus.

As the world went back to normal she could move. Alvara took a deep breath and began to look around once more. How odd... She watched as William sat down, obviously intrigued by Cyrus’ abilities. To be fair it was very intriguing but it could be used incorrectly...like to do evil or control. Alvara looked over at Dulirn, exchanging a look that meant she would attack under his command if necessary. She didn’t like this Cyrus man. He knew something she didn’t want known. Alvara straightened her position, her hand resting lightly over her dagger.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Natural... not magic. Did that mean magic had no affect on him? Or that he was defenseless against it? Really, there was only 1 sure way to find out.

"The girl is but your plaything then. It is some twisted form of necromancy you inflict upon her, even if you can contort that into doing her some favor."

He fiddled with the staff. Could he banish him to another plane of existence? Potentially worth a try, but would have a better chance of working Dulirn had something he knew was distasteful to him. Come to think of it, the effect was remarkably similar to experiencing the Ethereal Plane.

He hummed, annoyingly out of tune, focusing his spell through the staff, as he concentrated on the beings thoughts.

((Detect Thoughts))
Tenaarad (played by Gambit) Topic Starter

He turns towards William And listens and answers his question as they come.
"Yes I can alter reality."
"The only thing I changed about her was the fact that she was Sezrkan's daughter, instead now she's mine, all of her likes and dislikes are still hers, for instance she loves music, but is afraid of dogs."
"I just want to help you all."

He then shoot his eyes to Alvara as she thinks to herself and smiles. "The only weakness that I have is if someone learns of this world shattering ability, and that will never happen, I made sure of that.' He then sighs and looks down. "When I first uncovered this ability, I did use it for my hearts desire, what ever I wanted to happen, did. I remade the world three times over. First everything I ever wanted was mine, gold, women, weapons that could destroy anything, and my enemies burned for eternity. But everything lost it's novelty, life lost it's novelty. to the extent of me wishing to die. Turns out I couldn't, the one thing I couldn't will to be was my death. Then came world two. It was a simple hill of grass with blue sky, I was there for thousands of years. this was as close as I thought I could to being dead. One day however I seen a flash of red, I sat up to see what it was. It was a flower, something I didn't will to be became, I cried my eyes out for an hour, I realized that the world was beautiful if I wasn't in control. So I remade the world one last time, in it's original reflection, and it is truly breath taking." You see a single tear fall from Cyrus's cheek. "Daddy?" He wipes his eyes and looks at Silvia and smiles. "It's fine sweetie, i'm fine."

Cyrus listens to Dulirn's accusation but he does not look up at him. "Like I said before It's a shift of reality not necromancy and if you want to use magic on me, go a head, I won't stop you." As you use your magic on Cyrus you are asked a question. "How do I prove to you that i'm not the bad guy? what do I have to say? What do I have to give you?"
William (played by Treel)

William after hearing this sits there deep in thought. "So you're the creator of everything? Does that make you a god or a being of unimaginable power like Viker? what would be your purpose in making yourself known to us? why would a being of such power wish to help us?" William stares intensely at Cyrus waiting for the answers.

Alvara raised a brow as he explains, the thought of his power was a bit disturbing to her. She sighed through her nose, crossing her legs and stiffening her position. He wanted to help? Help with the quest for a pearl? She looked at William then back to Cyrus. “You seem like the person who switches between sides” she paused. “One day you’re good, one day you’re bad. Probably just depends on which side of the bed you wake up on” She stated sassily. “I can’t say much, I’m the same way but” Alvara looked around “it depends on the groups vote”. There was obviously something she wanted but she wouldn’t express it. She wanted a free life, one she didn’t have to constantly run from the guard. Even then she most likely wouldn’t be happy. There was never a point in life where you reach true happiness, it all fades away someday. Alvara sighed, looking back to Cyrus.

Cyrus laughs at Williams comment. "Wow, I hope i'm not a god, i'm horrible when it comes to responsibility. After all I need the both of you to fix the... mess... I made." He sucks in air and blows it out through pursed lips then gives you a forced smile. "The quick explanation is I screwed up, I woke up something that I for some reason can't use my abilities on. Yeah, ever been to Sallost, that black sanded wasteland? It did that. I think it's called U'tavek."

He glances at Alvara as she talks. "Yeah, I know, Mondays am I right?"

Alvara looked at him with an unamused expression. His statement was pitiful, ‘Monday’s am I right?’. She understood he was trying to be funny but it was not truly the time to the funny. Alvara stood up and walked a bit away two of them, crossing her arms. “The mess you made?” She raised a brow, “What exactly would we get in return?”. Her eyes were locked on Cyrus, showing she was slightly intrigued. They had a mission to complete but what would another one do to hurt anyone?

Cyrus Scratches his head. "Well, stopping the end of the world comes to mind. to sweeten the pot I'll throw in my Mark and hell, how about I bring back Erebus. Howe's that?

He sips from his tea waiting for a response.

"what is your mark?" William finnaly regains his composure and looks at Cyrus "and how are we supposed to defeat a creature that not even you can vanquish?"

Alvaras eyes widened, obviously showing interest to only the last part in his statement. “No one can bring back the dead, it’s impossible” she stated with a blank expression. Alvara looked over at everyone, trying to see their reaction to all of this.

"With the mark you can defeat it, simple enough, aye?" He shifts in his seat slightly. "I think people call my mark being..." He scratches head. "Gilded? Anyways it makes you untouchable by fate. So any legend or prophecy you hear about you can mud up as much as you like and it has the added effect that I can't do much to you because now your like a giant randomizer."

He then smiles at Alvara. "How about if they never died in the first place." He then snaps his fingers. Next to Cyrus a mass of vines and flowers form and mold into the shape of an elf, it then snaps from the ground and chances to the garb and complexion of Erebus.

Erebus stands and looks around scratching his head. "Where am I now?" "Just so you know he's a reward for when you defeat U'tavek, so say what you want cause he;s not staying." Erebus spins around and places a blade on Cyrus's cheek, he then cocks his head to get a better look at Cyrus. "You've got feathers?" Cyrus looks up to Erebus and smirks. "Why yes, vary perceptive of you." Erebus gives a sarcastic laugh and presses the blade in more. "Now tell me bird man, thing, where am I? Remember if you lie to me i'll..." "Do what exactly? Kill me in front of Alvara?" "Yeah! Wait... Alvara? How do you know her?" Cyrus points in Alvara's direction, Erebus meets Alvara's gaze and his face drains with blood. "A-Alvara?"

Alvara looked at the vines weirdly as the shape of a man appeared. It seemed familiar and that’s when it click...it was Erebus. She was completely speechless. She hadn’t seen him in years and yet he still looks the same. Her heart started to pound at the thought of him being here with her once more. Alvara watched as his gaze met hers, his eyes still had the same sparkle as before.

She slowly walked up to Erebus, her hands slightly shaky. “Er-Erebus?” Her voice was shaky and completely shocked. She reached out for his arm, holding it in her hands. Alvara looked at him in the eyes as she rolled up his sleeve, finding the same scar that was there years ago. She smiled at the thought, “It is you...” she pulled Erebus into a hug. He could feel her heart beating quickly and excitedly. “I-I” she was absolutely speechless. Her mind couldn’t process that he was here right now.

She pulled herself away from him to look at Cyrus once more. “We have a deal” she stated, her arms now crossed.

William stands up and looks in amazement at the sight of someone being brought back from the dead. "wow so you really do control fate itself." he then thinks for a what feels like forever to him but was actually a moment "I wish for you to give me and my contracted one more power that allows me to learn how to better use a wider variety of weapons. if you'd be so kind that is." William looks at Cyrus with a fierce determination "and if possible could you tell me if my mother made it to the heaven she always told me about?"

Cyrus thinks it over for a moment. "Not the thing I thought you'd ask for but each his own." He then flicks a finger a Viker, as he does so Viker's wing tips become a dark silver in color. "There, now about your mother." He takes a sip from his cup, "How can I explain this simplistically, the afterlife is a mess, it's a place where what you think is everything, and nothing at the vary same time. The easier question would be is, is your mother at peace." He pauses to think. "She worries for you, but she is happy about where she is, I hope that helped."

Hearing Alvara's answer, he rises to his feet once more with an excited tone in his voice. "Delightful!!!" He extends a hand to Alvara. "All you need to do is shake my hand, I know you hate touching people so, sorry." As you look at Cyrus something truly bizarre happens. A single golden tear drips from Cyrus's eye, as it slides down his cheek it shifts and shimmers into something akin to a glowing golden tattoo flowing from his cheek, to his chin, down, his neck, onto his chest, and finally onto his hand. "I give to you the power of the Gilded, the Power to tug on the strings of fate and never be shackled by it, the power to defy previous faults and sculpt the world into your own image like so many legends before you."

Alvara looked at his hand angrily. He knew she hated to touch or be touched but yet he still extended a hand. A handshake was the one thing she rarely did. Just because it usually meant you had to own up to something, take it into your own hands. Or conceal a deal...She tilted her head slightly to the side, watching as a single golden tear moved from his cheek to his hand. This caused her to grow a bit more intrigued by this man. First he made Erebus come back to where he was the same. What could be next? “Something can’t be right...” she stated while hesitating to shake his hand.

She still had the gut feeling from before. Her weakness was brought back to life and yet she didn’t feel as happy as she intended. Alvara had ran the moment through her head over and over again before this whole quest. The thought of getting back her loved one. The only one she truly cared for...Alvara looked at William then back at Cyrus. ”It’s not right...something is completely off she stated to herself.

Cyrus tilts his head to the side. "What's off?" He gives off an annoyed exasperation, he points to Erebus. "I brought him back, I'm not controlling him if that's what your thinking. What more do I have to do to make you see that I am to be trusted!" Erebus steps back. "Wait, you can control me?" "No, RAAHHG!!! Shut your mouth!" everything goes quiet. Cyrus slumps in his stature. He stares directly into Alvara's eyes. All you see on his face is tired desperation. "Please, I'm begging you, fix what I did wrong so I don't have to watch the world crumble to dust alone, please."

after hearing that his mother is happy William begins to feel at ease and when he hears Cyrus's last plea William can't help but think of his own mistakes that led him to become the person he is today "I'll accept your offer Cyrus" William then extends his hand and shakes Cyrus. "I'll slay this monster for you."

As you shack his hand the gilded essence leaps from it onto you and spreads allover your body. Your skin feels warm like you have the sun at your back. When it is complete it fades from your skin. It feels like a burden you've never known you had before. This leaves you energized but calm and your mind free to new possibilities.

(You are able to call on the powers of the Gilded to mask faults you have like not knowing how to pick locks or speak a language, and push the ones you already excel at even more. However you can only call on this ability once a day and for only one hour.)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus