Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Tenaarad (played by Gambit) Topic Starter

Dulirn wrote:
Tovin wrote:
Dulirn wrote:
((gambit, Where is the ghost girl compared to the gaping hole in the stairs?))

((About 10 feet.))

((Above it or below it? - can Dulirn reach her from his location on above the gap?))

((They haven't went accost yet so yeah you can reach.))
Dulirn (played by Juls)

((Thanks! Sorry for having Alvara jump down there, Player. LOL. I wasn't envisioning the scene quite right.))

For all Tovin's struggles and the ghost's rather desperate cries, Dulirn seemed calm, as if the ghost were a puzzle to be figured out and that they had all the time in the world. After all, she'd likely been dead for at least decades, if not centuries. "They're coming... but who? Or what? And from where?"

Hmm... he cocked his head, considering the matter. "I say we follow her. She seems to want us to go that way... Alright, girl.. we'll go your way. We were headed there anyway, really. Let go of Tovin, please, else you might drop him." The wizard then leapt with all he could muster...

(Just cause I feel like rolling the dice... see if Dulirn can make the jump down to where Alvara is... 1-5: falls down the gap, 5-10: falls, but is hanging onto the steps, 11-15: collides ungracefully into Alvara, 16-20: makes a surprisingly graceful jump and lands next to Alvara)
Dulirn (played by Juls)

((Geesh... adding the die roll. Sorry!))

rolled 1d20 and got 1
Dulirn's great leap!

Dulirn (played by Juls)

The wizard gets tripped up in his robes and tumbles down the gap...
Alvara (played by AmongstTheStars)

(It’s completely fine! I just roll with basically anything, lol. Honestly 1-5 is what would happen to me 😂 )

Alvara listens to Dulirn, still being aware of everything around her. What was it that this girl was talking about? Whatever it was, it somehow would affect them or the girl wouldn’t have tried to warn them. Alvara relaxed her stance, her breathing very slow and relaxed.

She watched as Dulirn jumped towards her, seeing him trip on his robes. This is why you don’t where robes of any sort to a mission, she said to herself. Alvaras eyes widened as he fell. In her mind she thought he might at least grab onto the edge. She had to act fast but do what?! What was she supposed to do? Dive down and somehow get him up here with her? Alvaras head jolted to look at her pouch, remembering something. She had some rope that could maybe be used... Alvara quickly took out an arrow, typing the rope around it. The rest of the rope gathered around her feet. She took the opposite end of the rope and tied it to herself, pulling out her bow. Hopefully this would work....if not the both of them would be dead.

Alvara removed her cloak and other weapons, throwing them down on the floor by her feet. There was no need for any other weight for this. The rope would hopefully hold them both...She took a deep breath, loading her arrow into the bow. Her left hand wrapped around the bow, keeping the arrow in place. She jumped down, looking at Dulirn then quickly turned her back to him, facing upward. She had to move fast... Alvara moved the bow to where she could shoot, her right hand moved to the bow string. Hopefully this would work. She took a deep breath, aiming and releasing the arrow at the ledge. Alvara quickly turned back around to face Dulirn, dropping her bow and diving towards him. “We’ll need a bit of your magic soon!” She yelled grabbing onto him. Her right hand grabbed onto his forearm as the arrow met the target. It made it into the stone but barely...

As the rope straightened, which showed it had hit the target, Alvara let out a loud grunt. Her face grimaced as she struggled to hold onto him. “I’ll need you to help me a bit with this..” she stated while pulling him up a bit, enough for him to grab onto the rope. The rope felt like a knife around her, it dug into her skin so tightly and her arm...it hurt like hell. She struggled to not show her pain but it was a bit obvious that she had hurt herself...

From above you, you see bits and pieces of railing fall into the pit, chunks wiz pass you and some even hit you but there small enough to not deal damage. then all of a sudden Tovin can be seen veering towards you, as he falls past you he grabs onto Dulirn's robes stopping his decent. this applies much more weight on Alvara, she begins to bleed a bit from the rope taught around her arm. Tovin looks up a both of you and with fear in his now widened eyes he screams "Help me!" Then the pain around Alvara's arm softens, the arrow became loose.

You all begin to fall deeper onto the back inky abyss. the little girl dragging us all down extends her hand forward and with a flick of her wrist a Gait opens, we are swallowed by the ethereal maw.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Dulirn's hand grasped the rope. "Right... hmm... maybe a feather fall spell?" Unfortunately, flight was not among his list of magic abilities.

He begins casting his spell just as Tovin joins them, stretching Dulirn's robes enough that they were on the verge of ripping. He mutters the arcane words, finishing just as the arrow lets loose... so at least they fall gently toward whatever waits through that gate...

Alvara felt the weight on her arm intensity. She looked down, seeing Tovin holding on Dulirns robes. Her arm began to bleed and she let out a loud wince. Alvara felt the arrow move and that’s when she realized the arrow was no longer in its place....

Alvara watched as the stairs grew further and further away from her. The feeling of falling was familiar to her... she had fallen many times but never, never to save someone. It was usually for saving herself and ditching the others but something took over her... that made her jump to save him. That made her leave her weapons to try and save him.... her weapons?! Alvara soon realized that she was now without weapons, all she had was her fist and a small knife attached to the inside of her boot. She thought to herself that maybe now all she needed was gold not some item of magic, considering this magic was already beyond her. Alvara would tell Dulirn later, but not now. Right now she had to focus on where this thing was taking them...

Moving through the Gait feels strange, like diving head first into warm water, in the gait everything looks like a nights sky filled with northern lights. Ahead you can see a light in the shape of the Gait entrance. As we enter the exit we are spilled out onto a marble tiled floor.

As you look around you realize this is an armory, where at in the tower this may be? You know not. The walls are lined with armor ranging from chain mail to full plait and in nearly every races version. Same with weapons, from dirks and daggers to morning stars to earth breakers. theirs a table in front of you with truly odd items that can only be categorized as miscellaneous, To only describe a few there is a bundle of cloth, a staff that ends in a blade, a quiver with red velvet inside, a couple strips of fabric with runes stitched into them, and a crystal ball.

Tovin stands up from the cold floor and feels for the pulling of the girl, he feels nothing. He trys to look around but the light becomes to much for the Sindrid, he pulls down the cloth to cover his eyes. "What is all this?" Tovin looks to Dulirn. "You know this wizard more than I do,, hell you are a wizard, I wouldn't be surprised to have a room like this in your tower."

Tovin looks over the table and picks up one of the strips of cloth, they seem to all be different colors, Red, Yellow, Blue, Black, White.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"Someday perhaps, Tovin," Dulirn said as he got himself up and straightened his wrinkled robes, then offered a hand to Alvara to help her up off the floor.

He then begins inspecting the items on the table with multiple "hmms" and "oohs" and even a delighted chuckle.

But unlike Tovin, he touches nothing immediately. "It never hurts to be careful with items belonging to powerful wizards, even ones dead for centuries."

Instead, he waves a hand over the table, casting a detect magic spell.

Alvara looks at Dulirns hand for a moment then looked at her own. She grabbed his arm and pulled herself up with his help. Alvara simply nodded, thanking him. As Dulirn talked to Tovin, Alvara quietly walked over to the weapons seeing how beautifully crafted they were. Each piece was perfect and weapons were sharp. Her once blank expression was now happy and excited to see all of the weapons.

Alvara whipped around, turning to Dulirn. “You know... I think instead of that magical item you were offering me” she paused looking at her arm. “I’ll just take gold...” she laughed a bit then looked away from her arm, hoping a distraction would help with the pain. All of this magic was too much, she only knew a few elven spells and could barely even cast those...

Dulirn, as you cast your hand over the items on the table you begin to feel the aura of each one. They all exude a magical presence of some form. You suddenly feel an additional aura, that of the girl, you feel her aura loom over the staff them suddenly the staff is dragged towards you. in your ear you hear a faint voice. "Take this."

Alvara, as you walk around inspecting the armor and weapons, something catches your eye. A small, silver, ring. As you look closer to the shining band you can make out an Elven name. Ena Vallen. you've herd tales of such a person, an Elven knight called the "Lady of Lilies." This should have been entombed with her long ago, what is it doing here?

As she looked through the weapons a shiny, silver ring caught her eye. She looked closer at it and saw what looked like a name in her native language. This was so strange...an elven ring in a place like this? Especially for- Ena Vallen...oh my word. Alvara simply paused, being in complete awe. She quickly snapped out of it and picked it up gently...looking at every detail. This had to be a remake or something...right? Sure didn’t look like it, every single detail was the exact same...

Alvara put it in her pouch to maybe bring it back to the elves...at least the ones that wouldn’t kill her. She looked at the weapons a bit more, picking and choosing which ones would be best. Most of these seemed to be like her other ones, just a bit better. Alvara picked up two daggers and applied them to her weapons belt. She soon realized she had no cloak... her body felt a bit bare without it...even though she had clothes on. No matter what season it was she had always worn it... Considering it was one of the last items that a friend of hers gave Alvara. She quickly brushed off the thought.

Alvara picked up a sword, finding its balance point. A little heavier than her other one but nothing she couldn’t handle. She put her sword away and started to look at the bows...bit different than what she was used to. Alvara looked over at Tovin and Dulirn to see what they were doing...
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Dulirn looked to the elf, quite serious. "You would seek to renegotiate our contract... now?"

He took the offered staff from the ghost with barely a thought, his attention on Alvara as she pocketed Ena Vallen's ring. "You would shun one magic ring in favor of another? Is the one I procured no longer good enough?"

((Any obvious exits from this room?))

Alvara rolled her eyes, “in a way yes”. She turned back around, looking at the bows and the arrows, each of them sharp at the tip.

“I do not shun your offered ring...I would prefer to return this to my people” she paused “the ones who don’t want my head”. Alvara looked at Dulirn, seeing the staff. What exactly was the purpose of the staff? Probably something to do with magic. She looked at her arm, seeing the blood through her sleeve.

((Yeah, right behind us is a corridor that goes for a bit (30 feet let's say) then it hits a cross section.)

Tovin looks over the table, noticing the quiver he picks it up. he turns his head and raises the quiver in full view. "Hey Alvara, this looks like something that you'd like, want it?" He then sees all the different armor sets and gets an idea. "Also do you see any Dukadric sets over there, just look for armor that look like mine, thanks.'

Alvara whipped around, hearing her name called. It was Tovin, he held a quiver full of sharp arrows. Alvara smirked. The quiver was beautiful but the arrows were some of the sharpest she had ever seen. “I’ll take it” she stated plainly, turning back around to look at the armor. “Hmm” she paced the rows of armor, finding Elven armor and aw...there it was. Dukadric armor. “Yes, is this is?” She pointed to it, looking at him.

Alvara then moved over to the elven armor, seeing there was women’s fit and men’s fit. They were both beautifully made. The green color stood out to her as she looked at it closer. But where exactly did this wizard get this? The only time a warrior removed their armor was when they passed and to bathe...
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"Good, then the ring it is," Dulirn said, satisfied that she was still willing to accept that as payment. Armor and metal weapons would interfere with his magic, so the wizard poked his nose out the door and down the hall. "Now, where did you keep that pearl..."

Certainly not in the armory. No, it was bound to be somewhere on display, a catalyst for Sezrekan's magic...

((dismis this tryed to draw my hook blade but didn't work :( ))

((Mood....hate myself for saying that))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus