Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Tenaarad (played by Gambit) Topic Starter

Tovin's cocks to the side at the thought of Alvara's request. "Umm.. OK?"

Tovin then proceeds to plant his feet into the ground. he stops for a moment but then is jerked forward off his feet. He is now being dragged to the stair case with his hand floating stagnant in the same place as before. "Wait!, Whats happening?"

((No joke I thought this RP died. Glad to see it didn't.))
Alvara (played by AmongstTheStars)

Alvaras eyes widened, running for Tovin. “Just keep resisting the best you can” She glanced over at Dulirn, looking for help. Maybe he would see it but for sure she couldn’t. All she saw was Tovin being dragged down the stairs and she had to act fast. Blades would do her no good at this moment, so she’s put them away. She ran over to him, pulling in the opposite direction as the way whatever it was wanted him to go. Alvara shot Dulirn an angered glare, clearing showing she needed help.

((I’m so sorry!! I was trying to relax and recover this weekend on my vacation!! Hopefully this RP will be up and running real quick!))

As you attempt to grab Tovin something stops you from touching him almost like two magnets being pressed together.

Tovin continues to be dragged towards the stairs, the ringing becomes louder.

When you try to touch him you can hear a fain t ringing in the back of your mind.

"Help! Help!" He is now within the stair well, you can hear the pounding of his feet being draged over each step.

((No need to apologies, I hope you had a nice vacation! :) ))
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Alvara wrote:
Alvara shot Dulirn an angered glare, clearing showing she needed help.

((Can you guys give me time to respond before assuming my character just stands around doing nothing? An hour or two of real life time isn't all that reasonable of an expectation, particularly considering I've been patiently waiting for Player's reply all weekend.))

Dulirn rushes forward, muttering words with every step. Magical energies crackle at his fingers. Just as he reaches the top of the stairs, he lets loose his Web spell, hoping to catch Tovin within it before he can be dragged off without them.

She couldn’t grab Tovin, something was pushing her away. Alvara slightly turned her head to the left, hearing a faint ringing. She looked at Dulirn, clearly showing him she didn’t know what to do. She rarely had any experience with magic and he was in the stairwell! What was she supposed to do? Somehow break the stairs? Alvara felt stupid at the thought. This had more to it, more magic than what she could process. “What do we do?!” She asked concerningly, looking at Dulirn.

(( I’m very sorry, I’ll try and be active this week as much as possible. I feel terrible for not responding this weekend but I couldn’t and getting Sick didnt help a bit. I’m so sorry once more))
Dulirn (played by Juls)

((Not at all worried that you needed extra time to respond. Real life takes priority over RP and I know weekends tend to be busy times for people. Just asking (both of you) that I'm extended the same curtesy and given a chance to reply. :) ))

((Of coarse!))

Tovin becomes covered in the thick sticky web, snaring him to the railing of the stairs stopping his movement. he begins being jerked aggressively. whatever it is that has Tovin wants him out of the web. Tovin begins shouting in pain. "My arm! Stop yanking on it!" Tovin trys to open his eyes but can't because of the light.

Dulirn, you now also hear a ringing, it sounds rapid almost like something panicking. with each attempted jerk the ringing gets loud and then settles a bit before jerking on Tovin once again. The web is starting to rip...
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"Hold on, Tovin!" Dulirn cries. "Grab the railing if you can!"

Worried that simply casting something stronger to hold Tovin would actually cause the man harm, he switched tactics, muttering quickly and casts his See Invisibility spell, hoping to see what actually is pulling him.

Alvara looked over at Dulirn, waiting for a command on what to do. Whatever it was, it was hurting Tovin and really wanted him down there. Alvara heard Dulirn mutter a familiar spell and her ears perked up. “What is it?!” She asked in a concerned and angered tone. Alvara wondered if he needed any weapon but she simply guessed his magic would be his weapon. If he needed a weapon though she was willing to throw him one.

"OK! OK!" Tovin strains his other hand out towards the railing but the tugging makes it difficult to do. Finally though Tovin manages to grab on, just in time to. At that moment the webs snap giving way to Tovins weight. The railing brakes but Tovin holds on to it, stopping the movement with a bit of hanging railing.

Dulirn, as your eyes become coated with the spell you can see it though it's seems almost misty. It's a little... girl. no older than 11, she has long red hair and is wearing a red silk robe, her sin is pail and freckled. You look into her little green eyes, all you see is desperate panic. when her lips move to form words all you hear is the ringing.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Dulirn wished suddenly he would have tried harder to find a cleric willing to accompany them, someone who could turn undead. But as his father used to say, "wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which filled up faster..."

"It seems to be a ghost! Of a little girl! She seems very frightened..." he told Alvara and Tovin.

"Little girl," he said, hoping perhaps the ghost could be comforted. "Let us come help you..." How in the world he was going to help a ghost who seemed only to make a ringing noise, he hadn't the foggiest, but started making his way down the wooden steps carefully.

Tovin manages to hold on to the railing, you can see his face go slightly pale. "A ghost? Great!" Tovin utters sarcastically.

As Dulirn approaches the girl rapidly looks between him and Tovin. Her eyes well up and begin to cry. As tears stream down her face she starts screaming. The ringing is louder than ever, but wait, underneath the ringing you can hear the smallest most frighted voice. You can hardly make it out but what you can sounds like a plea.

"Let-RING, Let-RING, Go-RING, They're-RING, To-RING, Almost-RING, Him-RING, PLEASE-RING,

Alvara watched as Dulirn moved down the stairs slowly, heading towards the girl she couldn’t see. Alvara wondered what this girl was trying to say. It was something of obvious importance to the girl, seeing as her ringing grew louder. The noise sounded familiar to Alvara but she’s couldn’t put her finger on where she had heard it. Alvara tilted her head to the side slightly, spinning her daggers around.

Alvara walked up beside Dulirn, puttinb away one of her daggers slowly then the next. She tried to be as quiet and calm as possible. Alvara looked at Dulirn, clearly asking what to do next.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

As if Dulirn had the slightest clue... ghosts and spirits were much more of a cleric's speciality, not his and the look he gave her in return was perhaps just as confused as her own.

"Let, Let, Go, They're, To, Almost, Him..."

"I think she's telling you to tell go, chap," Dulirn said, pausing only a few feet from Tovin, though he was not at all certain that's what she was actually trying to tell them. "Alvara... can you make that jump across the span where the stairs have fallen away? I have a feeling Tovin is headed there momentarily..."

Alvara looked at Tovin, seeing how Dulirns words settled with him. If she were him she most definitely wouldn’t have let go. Alvara looked over at Dulirn as her name was called. He asked for her to jump across the span where the stairs were no longer in place, she smirked. She knew most certainly that she could jump across it. It wasn’t a long span compared to most roofs she had jumped across. Her glance moved to the gap, ignoring everyone else.

Alvaras smirk faded to that of a blank expression. Her walk quickly turned into a run towards the gap. She started her jump a foot or so away from the edge. Alvara didn’t look down as she jumped, just looking at her target. As her jump ended she landed on her feet in perfect balance. Alvara blinked slowly then turned around to face Dulirn once more, giving him a nod.

The broken bit of railing Tovin is hanging onto is starting to snap, he trys to grab on it more but to no avail. "If she want's me to leave i'll go, just don't rip off my arm!"

"NO!-RING, Need-RING, I-RING, You-RING To-RING, Me!-RING, To-RING, My-RING, They're-RING, For-RING, THEY'ER-RING COMING!-RING." She then Looks straight at Dulirn with big fearful eyes, not fear from you but from something else. As you look her over you spot an amulet around her neck, the pendent is in the shape of a crest, the crest of Sezrekan.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

((gambit, Where is the ghost girl compared to the gaping hole in the stairs?))

Dulirn wrote:

((About 10 feet.))
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Tovin wrote:
Dulirn wrote:

((About 10 feet.))

((Above it or below it? - can Dulirn reach her from his location on above the gap?))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus