Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Yes, please teach her how to not run off into danger without proper explanation. In fact, Raven decides to give lesson number one:

"First of all, Little, you gotta stop running away. Finding Lisa is important, but this town is dangerous and there's a very evil thing that might be able to turn into whatever it thinks you want. Don't run head-first into danger like that without telling me, because I need to come with you." Raven is an agile and wily creature with a strong nose for sniffing out danger, if Lil wants to do a stupid thing, she'll need her guidance.
Liliath sticked her tongue out , but not in a rude way more playfully “The evil thing is dead.” “So there is no danger.”

“There are other evil things , who like to hurt you.” Seo said “The evil thing is dead.” Liliath repeated . Seo sighed irritated “Should we go now?” Liliath asked “I wanna see Lisa.”
Victi glared at Lisa as the girl grabbed at her shoulders, and grabbed her upper arms as she did so, applying pressure over the back of her elbows, such that she could bend her arms and break Lisa's if she needed to.

"First off, don't grab me unless you want me to snap your elbows. That would be unhealthy for you. Second, Raven identified it, and then I kicked it into a wall before it scuttled off. Everyone was fine last I saw," she sighed

"Third, asking where they were isn't very helpful. This place rearranges itself when we aren't looking. Where they were relative to us probably isn't the same as where they are now. To find them, we'll have to look for them the hard way. What we can do, though, is guess where they would go," She pointed out, "First though, let's calm down, and loot this place. If we're better prepared, we can help them better."
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Lisa chuckles nervously, abashed and fearful for her elbows. She carefully lifts her hands away from Victi's shoulders and lowers her gaze. "I'm sorry-I just...heh." She doesn't look up because she doesn't want Victi to see that she's struggling not to cry. "You're right. I can't sh- I don't have my magic." Victi had spent some time with Raven, so she probably already knows about Lisa's powers, but explaining that she is actually a natural shapeshifter suddenly seems like a bad idea. "I'd be useless against that thing as I am now."
"Fancy shifting tricks and some witchcraft, right? That's what Raven said, at least," she said, letting go of Lisa's biceps, "Would be awesome if you did, but at least you might have enough idea about magic that maybe we can figure out what's going on with it here. Again though, let's grab stuff, and then take a bit to plan. We're stuck without our best tricks here, so we need to work smarter now."

Raven suspects that she could count down this child's remaining lifespan in seconds, on a single paw. "Fine. Let's just grab that bag of dry meat on the floor and get out of here."

But before they leave, she stops at the doorway and leaves a scent mark in the doorway, then finds something wooden to claw on, leaving visual and scented clues that she had visited this place. She has two reasons: if someone she cares about, say Lisa or Victi, comes by, they might recognize the markers and if she herself finds her way back here, she'll know for sure that this place isn't new and it might be safe.
“Ok!” Liliath grabbed it for Raven “Lets find Lisa.” Liliath already runned to the left side , but then realized she wasn’t supposed to run away so she came back ‘Are there any other rules?” She then asked

"As a matter of fact, yes," says Raven. "Where do I start? Don't approach anyone until I get to sniff and interrogate them. Even if it looks like a friend, it might be a nasty." She pauses, what else? "Be careful with houses. We do NOT want another near-drowning, understand?" Her fur is still wet and heavy and cold from the catastrophe in the basement. "And...that's it from me. How 'bout you, big human?" She means Seo, but is blanking on her name.
In the darkening street corners of this mysterious place, a careless eye might miss the subtle tremor of movement among the shadows. Such lack of awareness was always to Masato Ikari's benefit. His helmeted gaze reached beyond his rifles optical scope, as the out-of-place space warrior observed the movement of two bodies within the building. The single-focused silence in which he observed befitted his only ally, a green metal awning covered in vines, from which he layed prone among its many tenticular limbs. Resting his firearm by the nearest one, he slow panned the killing machine left to right to encompass everything in front of him.

Two at one-fifty, he mouthed in silence behind his headgear's polarized visor. At one hundred fifty meters, that was close enough with unknown potential enemies. The slight Click-Click of the adjustment knob on the scope sounded loud to him in the silence. The color of the paint and creeping plant blended seamlessly with his own jungle camouflaged armor, hiding his fingers motions as he adjusted the magnification. The targets were in mid conversation. They didn't seem to be armed, or have any clothing recognizable as uniforms. From this angle, he couldn't make out any facial features.

Building up ahead. Possible weapons and munitions inside, though nothing seen on the two targets persons. For that matter, nothing could be seen of their faces. Hardly any features either. He could guess that they were bipeds though -- at least from how they stood. And judging by 21st century look of things, can't be anything but human too... Which amounts to knowing ****all!

Muscles strained as teeth did grind together in frustration. Just like his recon, he was completely out of depth from lack of reliable info. The facts were he had been wandering through this town for nearly seven hours. Things beyond that in memory were a bit hazy. Like an old Polaroid, the last twenty-four hours was warped and murky, with places and people put together that shouldn't be. And to top it off, nothing in his kit worked. Or worked reliably anymore. Night-vision, infrared, facial-rec; all non responsive. Comm-link and Omni-tool only put out static or a blank welcome screen, so there went his communications. Hell, even the seals of his armor failed to respond to voice-touch command. That means he was locked in the protective prison until he could pry the bloody things off!

As if to prove the point, the Alliance jarhead looked away from the scope, and slammed his helmet-covered head against the awning with a headbutt. Nothing gained from impact, but the slightest prick of contact between his forehead and the helmets cushion. The lack of result, even if would have been painful, only pissed him off more. Picking up his rifle, he rolled off the awning to the obscure shadows below. Making his way in hunched-over sprints, he carefully timed all movement to be as quick and minimal. He went toward the locations back exit -- rifle ready to fire; a longer route, but one he doubted they would suspect...

"Uh, yes. I'm mostly just healer, but I know how to make dangerous potions, too." As a matter of fact, she might have some blinding potions in her bag, next to several vials of a "healing salve" that'd help prevent infection. And bandages, lots of bandages; if anyone gets hurt, she's certainly prepared for it. And, even without her magic, is her blood still dangerous? Probably, the poison isn't magic. Not that she's going to start cutting herself and weaponize it. She shudders at the thought, but setting the idea aside, she nods and joins Victi on her little looting expedition.
Seo yeon (played by Cookiesareyummie)

“Don’t talk to strangers , don’t go into house or building without us.” “And please learn to swim , listen to us and don’t breaks the rules we don’t want you to die.” Liliath nodded “Okay”

Liliath looked outside “Hey there is new person!” “Let me talk to him , I wanna be the first one to say hi” Seo nodded “Fine.” “If anything wrong just yell.” Liliath runned to the man “Hi , who are you , you look like my dad”

A low growl rises in her throat when Liliath points out a new person. A person she did not see. She catches him now as the child trots blithely toward him, of course. An armored and possibly armed, possibly shapeshifting stranger that might want her dead.

"No, no, let me sniff him first!" She chases her and the strange man. It's an odd sideways gallop as she runs toward them with her back arched, hissing and spitting viciously at the man. Probably a hilarious and possibly endearing sight if the man happens to be a cat person. Raven thinks she looking big and terrifying, of course. Her dark, puffed-out chest and cold yellow eyes betray nothing but sheer confidence in her ability to intimidate.
“But he looks like my dad!” Liliath sighed but gave in “Raven Stop you are scaring him.” Liliath lifted the cat up “You are big and strong he isn’t so it’s not fair to scare him.”

“Raven how will my room look when I will live with you?”
A slight click.... quiet shifting... hell, a covert? here? Not kitsune, at least, they would have gone at her by now or come to say hi. She shushed Lisa, and leapt to cover, with a good guess at where he was relative to her. She was mildly ticked at how bright her fur was, not exactly subtle...

The issue with those types? Smart. They'd eliminate variables, usually, and if they knew anything about her kind, they'd know a nine-tailed sorceress was a hell of a variable, probably with some weird recursive exponential component. Then again.... they might also assume the need to assume her magic was not affected completely. Coin flip. Crap.

She peeked over. Noth-- something. A little movement, a bit of sound. Not towards the entrance they'd used, though... another one? probably, single door would be a dumb idea... Ignoring Lisa for the moment, she sprang towards the rear of the building, stopping when she found another external door... opened... outward. Made sense, easier for quick deployment. She crouched next to the side with the hinges, hoping he'd only follow her logic branching so many layers down, and ready to pounce either way...
Oh no.... the kid and the cat... she braced for the sound of a gunshot.

Lisa hears the suspicious sounds too, her sharp ears prick toward the back of the building, and she knows that Victi also caught it when she hisses a quick "shush" and goes for cover.

Lisa has no better idea than to follow her, so she stalks toward the back entrance, better hidden in the shadows of the building's awnings by her dark clothes, although her eyes, bright yellow and slightly reflective, are still easily spotted in the rapidly fading daylight. She sees the man, an armored and armed stranger, approaching the station's back door. He holds a long, dark...stick? Lisa had never seen a firearm before, but as she studies it, she realizes it must be designed to shoot...something. Maybe, she thinks, he has a sleek crossbow.

That could be either very good or horribly bad. Probably bad, and whatever flicker of hope she has in her dies when she hears the shrill cry of an excited child and sees Liliath charging the soldier. Behind Liliath, a small dark shape who she quickly recognizes as Raven chases after her.

She doesn't call or cry out. She doesn't freeze while only a horrified gasp passing her pale lips. She doesn't brace for the sound of a gunshot that she doesn't even expect to hear.

She charges him.

It's a split-second decision, one she'll accept as a stupid and maybe deadly mistake later. At that moment, however, she only thinks of protecting the child and an animal she knows of as family. If she could still shift, the furious protective instinct would leave us with a heavily-scarred black beast bowling the man over, but what we get instead is a six-foot girl leaping into the air and trying to kick him over. At the very least, she would draw attention to herself. At the best, she'd knock him to the ground.
Stacked up by the door, without the help of any of his high tech tools, Masato relied solely on his sense and skill. Reaching out to the door knob, he gave it the gentleness of turns, just enough to see that it wasn't locked. Shouldering the rifle, he pulled his hand back to his belt, unclasping a flash-bang. Everything else follows in seconds, as rote breach & clear training kicked in. A small windows was to the right of door, high up on the wall. Set the grenade timer, toss, then wait. Count of two; first the flash, then the bang. A quick jerk of the door, and he enters. Rifle raised, he quick checks left, then right. And saw it too late.
Victi watched as Lisa ran, eyes full of rage, fear, and.... something else she didn't want to mess with. Crap AGAIN.

Also, a tink of a...grenade? Oh goody! she liked those. And knew what to do. She rolled over near it, and kicked it as far down the building as she could, which, given that she could jump nearly twice her height straight up with her powerful digitagrade legs, built for jumping and kicking, was almost back to the front door. Hopefully that would make things less bad....

Raven skids to a halt when she thinks she catches the glint of yellow eyes and a snatch of white fur, both lurking in different spots. Whatever Liliath just said her doesn't matter when Lisa suddenly charges as the man and kicks him in the side. Shock, horror, and a smidge of guilt (she knows Lisa would only do something that stupid to save someone.) clog her thoughts and she stares ahead in shock. The scene plays out in slow motion in front of her. Worse, seeing that anyone could be Vincent in disguise, she doesn't know who to be cheering for.

Her foot connects with his side and it hurts, as she doesn't wear any shoes, but the momentum is hopefully enough to shove him to the ground. She hopes the "crossbow" flies out of his hands and she can swipe it away from him. She hopes he doesn't have the reflexes to hold onto it and shoot her. She hopes Raven and Liliath get the hint and run away. Her thoughts are a jumbled mess of hoping and fearing. The flash of a light somewhere to her right doesn't help. Good thing Victi thought to kick the grenade away, or she might be blind in both eyes.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus