Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Bottle Messages

Happy 9th Birthday to Us!

Now you have an empty bottle, too!
Tusitala Topic Starter

Look at the event page sidebar for useful links and quest resources

Tusitala Topic Starter

Remember, symbols marked as "Puzzle" mean the final answer is going to relate to something hidden in the event itself, such as the comics and videos. Let the clues lead your investigation through Epic Week, don't get stuck trying to work with only the clues themselves on the page!.

zObBrP4.jpg

k9PruwS.jpg

IC9wvlX.jpg

DR1Uv1r.png
RimCaster

"love is a deeper season than reason; my sweet one" --EE Cummings
Tink

Tusitala2017 wrote:
Remember, symbols marked as "Puzzle" mean the final answer is going to relate to something hidden in the event itself, such as the comics and videos. Let the clues lead your investigation through Epic Week, don't get stuck trying to work with only the clues themselves on the page!.

I got this same one.
Hades_

You pull the cork out of the bottle and gently fish the paper out of it. Unrolling it, you see that it reads:

"True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart."

--Honore de Balzac
"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get only with what you are expecting to give
- which is everything."

- Katharine Hepburn
I got....

Happy 9th Birthday to us

along with the empty bottle
close
You pull the cork out of the bottle and gently fish the paper out of it. Unrolling it, you see that it reads:

"We loved with a love that was more than love."

--Edgar Allan Poe
"You know you are in love when the two of you can go grocery shopping together."

--Woody Harrelson
"The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence."

--Edward Thomas
"Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."

--Otomo No Yakamochi
I love this quote!!!

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."

--Robert Fulghum
The koi cat is not the one that is pointing...
"Who, being loved, is poor?"

-Oscar Wilde
Puzzle 2: Your key begins with the chosen letters

"Love is that condition in the human spirit so profound that it empowers us to develop courage; to trust that courage and build bridges with it; to trust those bridges and cross over them so we can attempt to reach each other."

--Maya Angelou

"Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."

--Otomo No Yakamochi

"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you."

--Ernest H. Shephard

"Love is that condition in the human spirit so profound that it empowers us to develop courage; to trust that courage and build bridges with it; to trust those bridges and cross over them so we can attempt to reach each other."

--Maya Angelou

"When love is not madness, it is not love."

--Pedro Calderon de la Barca

"My life has been the awaiting you,
Your footfall was my own heart's beat."

--Paul Valery

"I love your feet
because they have
wandered over
the earth and through
the wind and water
until they brought
you to me."

--Pablo Neruda

"I wish I had the gift of making rhymes, for methinks there is poetry in my head and heart since I have been in love with you."

--Nathaniel Hawthorne, letter to wife Sophia, 5 December 1839

"You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones."

--Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time
Lex

Puzzle 2: You can shift in directions other than forward...

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Bottle Messages

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus