Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New Job(1x1 with Lucy!)

Belle Jackson (played by KuroSakuranbo14)

Belle had been doing her daily work when she heard her boss yell across the office. "BELLE JACKSON, GET IN HERE!!!"

She knew right then something was wrong. She didn't know what it could be. She walked to her boss's office and closed the door behind her. "What is wrong, sir?" She asked, keeping her voice calm even though her heart was pounding. She couldn't lose this job! She was barely making rent every month. "What is wrong with you, Jackson?! How could you waste all my time with false excuses about what you were really doing?!" Belle looked at him confused. He threw so photos down of her at the bar she works at. "Sir, I work at a bar during the night because it helps me make rent every month." She explained but she knew something wasn't right. Someone had told her boss a different story. "I WANT YOU OUT OF MY BUSINESS! NOW!" her boss bombed, forcing her out. She saw one of the guys that had asked her out and she turned down near the door with a cocky grin on his face. She glared at him then went to her office. She empty out her office and went back to her apartment.

Now, here she was, a day later form when she was fired, at a another business, trying to get the accounting job, just so she didn't have to give up her apartment or, worse, move back in with her abusive father and quiet mother.
Jason, being the stealthy boy he is, looked around the office he worked in. Good, everyone was still staring at their computer screens. That was perfect... Just keep doing that, guys.
He silently pulled The Fellowship of the Ring out of his briefcase, took another quick look around, then opened his book and started to read-
Someone had come up behind him and smacked him in the head with a stack of papers.
"OW!" Jason yelped indignantly, jamming his book back in his bag before it could be confiscated.
"You bored, McRan? Need a job to do?" his boss growled, obviously not appreciating the fact that Jason was reading when he was supposed to be calculating stuff. "Then go and interview this new chick who just came in, alright? And don't let me catch you reading that thing again."
"Yessir," Jason sighed, straightening his glasses and taking the papers. He walked down to the interviewing room, glancing over the papers and not really paying attention to where he was going.
Belle Jackson (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Belle saw the man that was coming and stood up. She saw all the papers in his hands. "Would you like some help?" She asked, fixing her skirt. Her brown hair was pulled back in a bun with some of her bangs hanging close to her eyes. She wore a gray pencil skirt with a gray blazer to match and white button down shirt under the blazer. She looked professional, but she was nervous and was trying not to show it. She also had a little bit of make up on, just some green eye-shadow and red lipstick.
Jason looked up, hearing a woman's voice. "Wh-"
Oh God. This was who he was supposed to be interviewing? He really hated his boss right now.
"Umm- n-no thanks, I've- I've got it," he stammered sheepishly, pushing his glasses up his nose and tugging at his purple polo shirt collar. It was obvious that he was quite nervous (almost terrified) of Belle, being the socially awkward turtle he was. He gulped to clear his dry throat, glancing down at his papers. "You're, uh, you're B-Belle Jackson?"

Belle nodded. "Yes, I am." She noticed he was nervous too. That struck her as odd. In most cases, the interviewer isn't the one nervous. She clasped her hand behind her back, feeling the sweat on her palms break out. She looked like she was the popular girl when she was in high school, but that couldn't be more wrong. She was shy and quiet, people usually only talked to her for help in math or, to her disliking, ask her out.
"Okay, good... Umm, I'm, uh, I'm Jason McRan- please, j-just call me Jason, and I'm gonna be the one interviewing you t-today..." He trailed off meekly, studying her with wide blue eyes. He held out a hand for a split second, then yanked it back like he had just gotten electrocuted, rubbed it frantically on his jeans to get the sweat off, and paused uncertainly, not sure whether or not to offer his hand to shake again.
Jason doesn't exactly do well around people, especially pretty ones like Belle. They were the ones who normally ended up smacking him on the head with paper stacks.

"It is nice to meet you, Jason." Belle smiled at him, but it was a small one. She never gave a real smile. She was going to take his hand but then he suddenly took it away. "His palms are sweating too?" she pondered. She had been interview before and usually the interviewers were calm and cool, like they knew what they were doing, but Jason on the other hand was acting as if he had never interviewed anyone before, or been around a girl.
Both things she pondered were correct: he had never interviewed anyone before for obvious reasons, and he had also never really been around girls that much, mostly because he tried to avoid them whenever possible for fear of being turned down or something equally awful.
He stood there awkwardly for a moment, then put the stack of papers down and pulled out her chair. "P-please sit down, and we can start the i-interviewing process..."

Belle nodded and sat down. "Thank you." She said. She laid her hands in her lap, hoping that they would stop sweating. If she got the job here, that would make it better for her. She already lost one job and really needed another one because rent would be due in a few days. Her job as a waitress could never cover the cost of her apartment.
Jason sat down as well, taking a deep breath to calm himself down and taking a pencil out of his chest pocket to fiddle with nervously.
"So what jobs have you had before?" he asked, his fingers playing with the pencil like they had a mind of their own.

"I worked as a account at another small company and right now I also work as a waitress at a local bar." She gave him the names of the places she worked at. The bar she worked at wasn't very well known, but the company was.
"Alright, cool," he mumbled, writing down what she said swiftly. "So, um, have you ever been laid- laid off before?" He gulped again, really wishing he had brought his water.
Wait, no- it was good he hadn't brought his water! She would've surely laughed at his USS Enterprise water mug. Nice save, Jase.

Belle shook her head. "No, I haven't been laid off before." She was thankful for that. She needed the money could get to help pay off her rent and, in a couple years, her student loans as well.
"Okay... Have you ever been arrested before?"
Oh, that was perfect. They were getting into the weird questions now.
He was going to kill his boss first chance he got.

"No." She answered simply. These were standard questions during an interview, so she was use to them. But the mention of arrest reminded her that her father was arrested a few weeks ago, but it was for driving under the influence, not abuse.
"Good... Umm... Have you ever been under the influence of drugs or alcohol at work?"
This was killing him. He was honestly considering just sliding the paper over to her and write her answers under each question.
But that would just be weird, so he decided against it.
It was tempting, though.

Belle shook her head. "No, I have not." It did feel awkward to her, she worked around alcohol but never drank it. As for drugs....no, never had she been around and she never wants to be around them.
"Good for you... So you'd submit to a background check, then?" Hell, with his luck he'd probably be the one doing the background check.

Belle nodded. "Yes, that would be fine with me." She knew the most they would find is that her father had a history of alcohol abuse, but nothing with her. She had a clean record.
"Okay, cool... Umm... I think that's it..." Thank God.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New Job(1x1 with Lucy!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus