Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New Job(1x1 with Lucy!)

Belle Jackson (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Belle shook her head and sighed as she continued to work. She wouldn't take long to get use to how things were around here. She fixed what was wrong and added the numbers up in a few mere hours. "Alright, that is done." She said quietly to none. It seemed very calm around here, not as crazy as it is around the bar. She would like working here, and it seems that her boss was starting to like her.
Jason had finished his letter for the manager, and was now researching computer engineering for a little bit before he continued with his next project.
His screen went fuzzy, however, when Gordy snatched his glasses.
"Hey!" he yelped, as he was all but blind without his glasses. "Gordy! Give 'em back!"
"Not till you take some of the workload," he replied, inspecting the lenses. "My my, you really are blind as a bat, aren't you Jay?"
"Bats aren't blind, and give me back my glasses!" He groped in the air for them, but as there were multiple fuzzy Gordys, this was easier said than done.

Belle saw what was going on and frowned. She stood up and went behind Gordy and took Jason's glasses then gave them back to Jason. "Why don't you do your own workload? If you have enough time to bug Jason so much, then you should have plenty of time to do your own work." It was rare to see Belle stand up for people she didn't know very well, but she was getting annoyed with Gordy and how he has been treating Jason. She didn't understand why everyone seemed to want to pick on Jason.
Jason eagerly stuffed his glasses back on, blinked to return the world to focus, and stood up, towering over Gordy.
"Go away," he repeated angrily, finally causing the smaller man to back off. Once he was gone, he turned to Belle.
"Thanks," he said meekly, straightening his glasses. "You didn't have to do that."

Belle shook her head. "I know I didn't, I was just tried of him messing with you to get you to do some of his work load." She shrugged. She really didn't mind helping people out, more so when she understood how they felt when it came to being bullied. Even thought she is pretty, Belle was always picked on during her school years because she was smart and didn't talk much to really anyone.
"It's like high school all over again- getting me to do their homework," he sighed, somewhat annoyed. "I can't wait to get out of here and do something productive with my life..."

Belle nodded. "I know how you feel. It was he same for in high school. The popular kids getting me to do their homework because I was on the honors roll all four years." She shrugged. What happened in high school is the least of what happened to her.
"All four years? Good for you," he said, sounding impressed.

Belle shrugged. "It really isn't much. I didn't make valedictorian or salutatorian, just honors roll." She was very smart like her father and mother but they had both made valedictorian in their high schools, so when she didn't, they weren't too happy about that.
"Still, that's something. Not everybody can do that..." He trailed off awkwardly, messing with his shirt collar.

"It isn't hard if you have all honors class every year of middle and high school. My parents had put me in the gifted program long before I could walk." Belle gave a sheepish smile. She had started school at age four, always being two years younger than her classmates.
"That's amazing... What degree are you on? If it's not asking too much."

"Right now, I am working on getting my Bachelors degree in accounting. What about you?" It was good to have someone to talk about all this kind of stuff. She always worked hard and kept her goals high.
"I'm working on my Master's in computer engineering," he replied, happy to have someone to talk to about all this stuff that was considered too nerdy for normal ears. "Afterwards I'm going to get my PhD in the same field... I'm also getting a secondary degree in biology. Those are the two things that fascinate me the most: technology and life."

"That's wonderful! I was really the best at Biology so I stuck with math because I understood numbers and all the different types of math studies there are. It really is an easy subject to learn and understand once you have mastered Algebra and all the different equations." Belle hadn't really spoken this much in years. Most of her friends form high school went on to different colleges and are making different lives for them. Some of them still come and visit Belle but that very many or for very long.
"Math never changes, so as long as you remember it, it's quite simple," he agreed. He had never had a real conversation about these things before, and it felt good to talk about acedemics for once instead of work or something boring.
He quickly shut up, however, as his boss passed.
"You sent that email yet?"
"Yeah, I sent it about thirty minutes ago," Jason mumbled quietly, studying his shoes.
"Good. Jackson, you finished those numbers yet?"

"Yes, sir. I have. The papers in my cubicle, I can go get them and give them to you in your office, if you want." Belle noticed how quiet and closed up Jason got with his boss around, similar to a calm. When you try to up it, something always forces it back close.
"That would be great. You seem like a smart young lady; I trust the math actually got done right this time." He shot a glare at Jason, who had retreated shyly into his cave of a cubicle to start typing something up.

Belle nodded. "Yes, sir. I'll bring it to you in a moment." She went back to her cubicle and picked up the papers. She quickly checked over her math, making sure it was all correct. She picked up the papers, setting them all in a neat pile. She then walked over to her boss's office with the papers secure in the crock of her elbow. She gently knocked on the door, not knowing if her boss was already inside there or still walking around, checking on the other employees.
Jason watched her go almost wistfully, still clinging to the words of their conversation. Once she had rounded the corner he turned back, drumming the keys gently, not hard enough to actually type anything. Finally he made up his mind and continued typing, focusing himself on his task again.

"Come in," said the boss, who had been reading something some other unfortunate insubordinate had sent him.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New Job(1x1 with Lucy!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus