Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New Job(1x1 with Lucy!)

Belle Jackson (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Belle nodded and stood up. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Jason." She held out her hand to him with a small friendly smile.
Jason tensed slightly as if expecting to be slapped (it had happened before). He relaxed slightly, though, and tentatively shook her hand, surprised at how small and warm it was compared to his big ol' mitt. "It was nice to meet you too, Belle."

Belle took her hand back. "When will I know if I got the job or not?" She had to ask, it would drive her crazy if she didn't know. She didn't know why Jason tensed, she wouldn't hit someone unless they said or did something insulting or inappropriate to her, but Jason seemed nice, just nervous.
He scratched his chin, his brows furrowing. "To be honest, I'm not sure. Anywhere from a few hours from now or tomorrow, I'd say. Not many people have applied for this job, and not all of them have answered the questions as well as you." For the first time he smiled shyly, almost afraid to let it out to Belle.

Belle nodded. "I see. Well, thank you for that." She turned toward the door, ready to leave. She didn't have to work at the bar for a few more hours, so she could go home and just relax or do something. That she would have to plan later.
"Here, let me get that," he said, opening the door and stuffing the papers under his arm and the pencil behind his ear. As he did so he almost smacked into his boss, who had come around to see how they were doing.
"This her, McRan?" he growled, causing Jason to wilt under his intense glare. "How'd she do?"
He silently handed his boss the papers. He read them over before saying, "We need that position filled right away and you're the best applicant we've had, so welcome aboard, Miss Jackson. Glad McRan didn't screw it up again." He shook her hand roughly before walking away to bully some other insubordinate.

Belle was about to say thank you until he left. "I'm guessing he isn't the best boss in the world." She gave a small smile at Jason. She didn't have her things, but she needed to find out where she needed to go and what she needed to do first. She looked at Jason with a sheepish smile. "Exactly, where am I suppose to go? I really didn't think I would get the job so quickly." She couldn't lie, she honestly thought with her luck that she wouldn't get the job at all and everything would go downhill form that point on.
"No, he's really not," he admitted cautiously. "Just stay out of his way and do your job and he'll leave you alone for the most part... Follow me."

Belle nodded and followed Jason. She was use to the cubicles and all the people on computers doing their work. "Is it hard to work here? I mean, like the work he gives."
"It depends on how much he likes you and how well you do your job, really. It's not too bad once you get used to it, though," he explained, passing a couple of cubicles before finding an empty one, coincidentally right in front of his. "Here, you can take this one if you want."

Belle nodded and took a seat in the cubicle. "Does he just randomly hand out the work to each person or does he have it already set out of each person?" She knew she asked a lot of questions, which made her even more nervous than before. She had fight back the urge to bit her lip, like she did when she was thinking or was nervous.
"I think that also depends, but I'm not sure. I've never asked him myself," he admitted sheepishly, tucking his hands in his jeans pockets.

Belle nodded. "Well, if he needs work to be done, he needs to give it to me so I can work. I really don't understand what he expects form his employees to do if he doesn't give them work to do."
"Oh, don't worry, he'll give you something to do soon enough. I was only here five minutes before I got my first assignment. He'll find something, don't worry."

Belle nodded. "I see. How many hours do you have to work every day?"
"I go from roughly nine to five. Sometimes to stay till six to try to avoid the major traffic. Again, it just depends-"
"Hey, McRan, can I ask a favor of you?" one of his coworkers asked suddenly, leaving over and tugging on the back of his shirt.
Jason jumped, startled, then frowned and looked over at him. "What do you want, Gordy?"

Belle looked over at the coworker that asked Jason for help. She decided she should go ahead and leave Jason alone so he could get his work done, she blushed lightly realizing that she was asking question after question. She sighed and turned around to the computer, seeing there was nothing for her to do right now.
"Hey man, I'm busy right now, can you help with my workload?" Gordy asked.
Jason's expression darkened. "I'm busy enough, thank you."
"Just consider it. Also consider the fact that I know that you spend all day researching for your Master's instead of working."
"Are you blackmailing me again?"
"You're smart, you figure it out."
Before Jason could say anything else in response to Gordy's ultimatum, his boss showed up. "Jackson, I have a job for you to do. It was supposed to be done earlier but McRan here bungled it-"
"I did the adding right, it was Gordy who wrote it down wrong-" Jason began hotly.
"Shut up, McRan! Anyways, I need you to do the accounting again. Hopefully you'll do it right this time."

Belle looked up at her boss and nodded. "Of course." She said, taking the papers. She looked over the papers, her eyes calculating other all this. It wouldn't take her too long to do this. It was easier than all the work her old boss gave her. She looked up at her boss and gave him a small smile. "This shouldn't take long to do." She turned back to her computer and began to do the work. She could see the mistakes that were made. She believed Jason because he didn't seem to have a reason to lie and it seemed that his boss and coworkers liked to pick on him, it was like high school all over again, only this time the popular chicks aren't here to mess with Belle, that was something she was glad to know.
"Good," said her boss happily, turning and going off to do something else.
"Just like about it, McRan," Gordy said as the other sidled back to his desk to do his own work.
"Go away, Gordy," he growled softly, shoving his glasses up his nose and typing up something important for the manager.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New Job(1x1 with Lucy!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus