Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New Job(1x1 with Lucy!)

Belle Jackson (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Belle gently opened the door and came into the office. "I have the papers you asked for. Where would you like me to put them?" She kept them safely in the crock her elbow, the similar way students held their books when walking through the halls.
"Just put them on my desk, Jackson. I understand you have another job tonight? You may leave now if you need to get home to get ready for that job," her boss said, looking up from his papers.

Belle put the papers gently on his desk and shook her head. "It is fine, my other job doesn't start till later in the night, more around ten thirty." She explained.
"Alright then."
With that he gave her another job to do (I ran out of ideas xD) and sent her away.

Belle took the work and went back to her cubicle. It was a little bit more than what the other job was but she knew she could handle it. She began type in numbers and equations, working dutifully like she should.
Jason peeked curiously over the cubicle wall at her, still typing absently on his keyboard. Then he looked back at his computer screen, not missing a beat as his long fingers pounded away on the keys.

Belle hadn't noticed Jason had looked at her over the cubicle wall. She kept up with her work and by the time she was done, it was already ten. She stood up, popped her knuckles. She neatly stacked the papers and took them up in the crock her elbow, a habit she had form school. She went to her boss's office and gently knocked on the door. She needed to go ahead and get home to get ready for her other job which only lasted to about two in the morning.
"Come in," the boss mumbled, opening the door.

Jason jerked himself awake, having faceplanted into his keyboard sleepily and dozing off for a few minutes, leaving a long line of text on the screen. He let out a stifled yelp and quickly deleted all the unnecessary letters and numbers, finished his sentence, and sent the email. Then he slapped himself awake and collected all his stuff to go home.

Belle came into the office. "Here is the last of the work you gave me done. I'll just leave it on your desk, I need to go ahead and get going." She set the papers down on the desk and walked out of the office, closing the door behind her. She didn't really have anything to take home besides her cellphone and a couple of pencils. Her first day on the job and already it was going smoothly. She looked over at Jason and saw some of the imprints the keys on the keyboard left on his face form when he was taking a nap. She tried not to giggle. "Jason, looks like the keys left some print on you." She said with a smile. A real smile, not the small one she gave when it was needed, but real smile form her.
"Wait- really?" He rubbed his face frantically, trying to get the key impressions off. "No way- really? Dangit!"

Belle giggled at him. "Their small so it shouldn't take them long to disappear. You really need to more sleep." She collected her things together, getting ready to leave. "I'm going for the night. I'll see you tomorrow, Jason."
Jason got up so quickly he almost tripped over his chair. "I'm, uh, I'm going home for the night too- mind if I- I walk out with y-you?" he stammered shyly, stuffing his last things in his briefcase and slinging it over his shoulder.

Belle smiled at him. "Sure, I don't mind at all. It's good to have some company." She was happy to have someone to talk to, even more when it was someone who was actually smart so that she wouldn't have to dumb down what she was saying or talk about something she wasn't really passionate about.
He grinned goofily at her, tucking his chair into his desk and switching all the lights off. He called goodnight to a few of his fellow coworkers who were still working, then walked out the door with Belle.
"So what do you think?"

Belle shrugged. "It is fine. Much calmer than the other company I worked at." She actually liked it better at this company than the other one, it was too loud and too many people moving around too much.
"Well, it seems like he likes you better, so he shouldn't give you too hard of a time. He might just to be a jerk, I dunno." He glanced up at the sky as they stepped outside. "Isn't it a shame?"

Belle shrugged. "He seems like a jerk to you and the other employees but me, he could just be sexiest and chooses to be nice to me because I'm a girl." She shrugged she looked up at the sky and smiled to see that the city lights didn't wash away all the stars tonight. "Yeah, it is a shame."
He looked down at her curiously. "Funny, not many people know what I'm talking about when I say that and don't give any explanation." He looked back up at the sky, sighing as one little speck of light forced its way through the blaring city lights.

(I didn't know, I just agreed. XD I assume the stars.)

Belle shrugged. "It isn't hard to tell when you are looking up at the night sky and there are barely any stars to see." She said. She looked back at Jason and smiled. It felt good to smile again, after so many long and lonely years. She was happy to have a friend again.
He smiled slightly, his dark blue gaze finding that one little star shining through the light. "I need to make that a day trip one day- just drive out to the middle of nowhere with my telescope and just watch myself spin in circles... The stars don't move for us, we move for them." He paused before adding, "I almost got my secondary degree in astronomy, but I decided to go with biology instead. It was hard to pick."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New Job(1x1 with Lucy!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus