Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Your First Console Game

Ok, thought it would be neat to see where people's game addictions started. Mine? Well, it was this old black with yellow computer my grandmother had. I played space invaders. I was only 4...years later, Sega Gensis. Popped in Mortal Kombat and been gaming ever since. :)
Hmmmm... I kind of forgot, I mean, oi game alot, so it kind of gets hard to keep track. :P
i started out with legend of zelda windwaker for the gamecube and have been playing all kinds of video games ever since.
Pokemon yellow on the gameboy color.
Ah, memories.
(Got my pikachu up to level 73. I used that thing way too much xD)
Sanne Moderator

Donkey Kong Country in '95 or '96. It came with my SNES. :) I can still hear the music and sound effects haunting me in my sleep.
well for my PS3 my first game was Assassin's creed

PSP if that counts um Daxter but if it counts than that was the first game i ownend

~~~

first game i ever played i have no idea it was some dual game, i always chose the little dino and always won that was like when i was 4
Kassidis_Daddy

Well,it wasnt my first console game, but pokemon stadium made me a gamer.
Lol, mario cart for the Nintendo 64. Good times
Darth_Angelus Moderator

The first game I remember playing is Alley Cat and the first game I remember buying for myself was X-Wing, which I carefully saved up for.

I've always been more of a PC gamer though and didn't really get a console until the Gamecube (which I bought with Rogue Squadron 2).
It was either Tomb Raider 1 or Spyro 1 (Both for the first Playstation.) I can't really remember I was like 6 xD (Or 5 I don't know.)
1992, the legend of Zelda for the NES. I was one and a half years old when I first played it. As you can imagine, totally did not understand it at all. I was just fixated with the colors on the screen.

later part of 93 was when I actually understood left and right and that they did things. Never made it farther than death two screens over, still liked the colors on the screen.

I had Zelda 1 and 2 and Castlevania 1 by the time I was 3 years old, as well as a few other games like Mario and Punchout. It activated what helps drive me and it hasn't stopped since then. I got a snes as soon as it came out and from there it was just a downhill into funland.
I did the really old computer thing too! It was my dad's and it was black and white. I think I played pong on it? The upgrade into color I enjoyed with that one game with a line that got longer and you couldn't go into or game over man!

Then it was a sega genesis- but with sonic, not mortal combat. And mickey and his haunted mansion. That was my entertainment until computers got a bit cooler. And then my addiction was Creatures and Where in the World/USA/Time was Carment SanDiego? I liked the time one best cause it was easier. /Mina Fail/

I didn't get a gameboy until pokemon crystal was out. It is still my favorite game- the first time I went through I beat the elite four with my level 72 feraligatr. Ahhh, good times.
My first Game Console was the Nintendo 64, my first game you ask? James Bond: Golden Eye.
I'm not sure which game was first, but my first console was N64, and we bought it with four games;

-Cruising Exotica
-James Bond Golden eye
-Pokemon Stadium
-Super Smash Bros

Im not sure which of the four I ended up playing first.
I started out with the intellivision/ Nintendo and super nintendo. (my dad was a gamer back in the day so he bought the goodies)
I couldn't tell you want my first game was, I remember playing the original mario a lot... and duck hunt lol. that stupid dog...
Im pretty sure that my first game was probably something from the atari 2600, since we had that before the NES, but the one that I directly remember was the NES and playing the Atari 2600 next to it, so it still stands as The Legend of Zelda for the NES.

Fun fact, the Chuck E. Cheese's that we used to go to when I was a kid had a VS. Duck Hunt game. It blew my mind that you could shoot the dog during the bonus rounds. Finally you could shoot him! The world had to know, but it seemed that nobody really cared. I was still pretty stoked about it though.
EdtheNeko

First console game when I was very young was the NES, I played a lot of user mario brothers. It was only for a few short years, then I got a Nintendo 64 with Banjo Kazooie, that was my own console...so I guess that counts.
Aldwin

The Legend of Zelda on N64. Good times. :)
My first console was Nintendo, then we got Super Nintendo, then N64...then our loyalty changed lol we got a playstation. Lol and final fantasy :)
Halo: Combat Evolved for the XBox was my first console game.

I was seven.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Your First Console Game

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus