Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

feel free to bounce drafts off of me in DMs. Same goes for everyone else. I encourage you to bounce ideas and drafts off each other, too!
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor smiled. "Yeah, I can work on that. I'm curious to work out just what that thing can do too. And you can give the water shard a try, maybe show this old dog some new tricks as well!" Alastor let out a light chuckle and gave Liliath a light pat on the back, before going quiet for a moment. "Selling it later rather than now's probably for the best as well. We might not want to admit to too many people that we got these things, at least until we're sure this hunter ain't on our trail anymore."

Alastor thought things over for a second. "We should probably keep heading towards town. Still gotta do that supply run, and I gotta get in contact with a friend. One that should be able to help us out, at least in some way. But first, your shard. If we're gonna do this swap, you're going to need yours Monkey." Alastor looked over. "Jules?"
alright, noted! I'll keep that in mind for the future ^_^ I think I got everything across, feel like it's not my best though
"Yes sounds as a good plan, but how long will it take for us to get in town?" Liliath gasped tiredly "Yes I want my shard back Jules, cause I need my new shard." She sighed deep before she fell asleep
can someone tell me how to draw leggs , i am trying to draw Liliath but it doesn't work
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

"..."Neo said no words as he was still being cooled by the aura and mist.He was listening,but his mind was mostly on the energy.It was cool,soothing,and relaxing even,unlike demonic energy which is burning and raw.He wonder what it was but figured that either Jules or Alastor might know what this is.Either that or Agni and Rudra will be interrogated for this.

If you use discord, I could give you my contact info for there so you can show me. Might be able to help if I see what you've tried.

I'll leave a note for Dazz on Instagram, too. she's good at explaining this kind of stuff.
i don't have discord, but i tried again and it looked better

That's how it goes! practise. @v@
Yeah practice and practice haha

Either way, I'm excited to see once she's done! ~v^
She hand it to Alastor with a little bit of force. "I will give this to you. I will not be talked to so rudely by her just so you know. Or have her talk rudely to people 'just because she can or doesnt know any better'. If it comes down to it, I will be forced to leave the group. Not because I want to. It's for all of your safety. If you thought that Orc was a challenge... well anyway. I like children but I also have a zero tolerance for being spoken to as if i am nothing." Her eyes were serious as she glared at him.

She turns and sits next to Neo. "This aura is very uplifting. Kind of reminds me of someone I kn-- wait." She sniffs the air as she gets closer to him. "You said... you didnt know what all you were?" She asks as she tilts her head. "This definitely reminds me of her scent... an angels sent... perhaps even stronger." She sits back and chuckles. "Oh man, if you are part angel that's going to be interesting." She looks over and smiles.

"What?!"Neo said surpised.NO,no,no,no,no,no that can be it.Demons and angel don't mix....Then again,angel do give off a cooling aura.And this feels very much like one.So either my powers are awakening now,or it just turns itself whenever I go into that state.Neo kind of just accepted that he was part angel.The aura and mist grew cooler,as if it was agreeing with him.But there was one thing that kept bugging him.His demonic powers granted him strength and durability.Did his angelic powers granted him the opposite?He'll figure out in due time.
"Well, in any case, I can track her down and get her opinion on things. You know once we aren't being tracked ourselves." She chuckles. "One thing at a time. However, if you need any advice on your demon side, I know a lot." She smiles.

"Yeah,yeah that would be great.Now if you don't mind I'm going to relax in cooling mist for know.Tell me when we move."Neo then proceed to close his eyes and relax,for the first in months.He slowly went to sleep after that,with the mist still continuing to flow out of him.
"Oh... sure." She says as she gets up and flies up onto the Orc. She examines all the wounds and scrunched her brows. She sighs. "Well, I wonder what made you so grumpy." She mumbled to herself.
She placed her hand on its chest as her eyes glowed bluish white. She pulls her hand away with a gasp and looks around in panic before catching her breath. She sits and hugs her knees.
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Well, this has been an interesting start I guess... Alastor took the shard from Jules, listening to what she had to say before responding. "All things with time. I wasn't a fan of that either. And the last thing I want is you leaving m-- ..us." Alastor looked down to the sleeping form of Liliath next to him. "The more she interacts with everyone, the more she'll figure out how this world works. I just hope we can help to steer her in the right direction."

"Sorry for not adding in to your conversation either Neo. Truth be told, I felt I had nothing useful to add. I ain't well versed in the arcane or the divine, I tend to learn on a case-by-case basis." Alastor glanced over to Neo. "...aaaand he's asleep too. Right then."

Alastor looked over to Jules after a moment. "Something wrong?"
She looked down at him. "Y-Yeah... this big guy... well something seriously happened to him before all this. Like physically. It left an aura that... I dont want to talk about." She digs her nails into her leg before releasing. "Sorry... just a flashback to a terrible time." She buries her head into her knee before looking off into the distance.

"You should probably rest too. I'll keep watch." She said without even looking back. She didnt want anyone to see her cry.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Robots are powered technological automatons of various types. They are in many ways similar to the magical constructs, such as golems or self-moving book sorters created by the enchanters at the universities on this world," the magistrate explains, "A way of having tasks done for one's self without requiring slaves or hired help. Quite elegant, really. Such tasks include war, to clarify. Flying machines are frequently employed as the primary strike forces of our armies."

"The resilience of her defenses depends on numerous factors," he says with a sigh, closing his eyes and touching his forehead with an expression of near fatigue, "It is not simply a shield which will break and be gone, or through which holes may be struck, or an armour that can be dented and damaged and rendered useless. It is a field of energy into which more energy may continuously be poured, and hence it is not simply how many times it must be struck nor how forcefully, but how quickly the strikes follow, where they fall, and what form they take as well. And, well, I simply do not know how much punishment she can take. How she allocates her reserves of magic change it, she will usually retreat well before she is in true danger, which makes measuring the value based on her other magic usage difficult, the health of the world around her affects the rate at which she can gather energy, and her resilience is extremely high. The best I can say is that I would be very surprised indeed, in spite of her reputation, if she were to survive being on the recieving end of the collosal spell she cast earlier, were she forced to defend against it solely with her defenses. That said, I also cannot promise that she would not die by exhausting her body's mana reserves completely before the spell actually took her. Realistically she would re-direct it or move herself out of its way, but those assumptions are unhelpful."

"I would assume that, the vase being what it is, it could be forced apart once more. Also, I would be able to safely use far more of my resources to assist at that time should re-dividing the shards not be so simple," he reassures her, "I do not know exactly, again, we had limited time to research and prepare, but this artifact is by its nature broken. While it should work as expected once assembled, it may not 'enjoy' remaining in that unbroken state."

"Oh, and Miss Adeptus, it is worth stating that... how to say this? Neither our enemy nor myself know if there are any restrictions on where, when, how, or by whom the vase may be assembled, other than that all the shards are required, and even that is only logical supposition. Your search for information may still be a very wise initial course of action. If possible, to even put protections of some kind on the information such that she cannot gather it so easily, hmm? Another way of discouraging her, perhaps," the magistrate suggests, at this point knowing that Adriannu would be displeased and unimpressed to hear that part.

"Now, I should prepare for my departure, my shuttle ought to be coming shortly," he says briskly, rising politely and giving each of the three a polite bow.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus