Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

When Neo woke up,the mist he generated stopped was gone.In front of him where two swords that were made his own energies.One looked like nothing but a normal short-sword,but his angelic side said that it will evolve over time the more he uses it.Yes,he talked to his angelic side.Don't question it.The another was a sword that was used by his great grandfather.The sword was made by his great father energy,so it could currently handle his.Currently.The sword,handle looked like carved wood,while the blade looked like polished sliver.He looked around for his previous sword,but it's gone.He looked down at the jacket he had on.He held it tightly,as this was his father jack.He sighed before grabbing his swords,and putting them on his back,his angelic energy making them float.
Quick question to the forest group: what's our current time? Feels like we've gone back to sleep rather quickly, or are we making up for being interrupted in our last sleep?
That's...actually a good question
frostwyrmm wrote:
Quick question to the forest group: what's our current time? Feels like we've gone back to sleep rather quickly, or are we making up for being interrupted in our last sleep?
I think its daytime, I was planning on giving Liliath just a simple nap.
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

As I remember it, the group had initially gone to rest in the late evening/early night, and been interupted around midnight. That said, I'll take a look through the chat for you and figure that out. How long this most recent bit had taken is up to your group, though I'm willing to help out. ~v^

Avitrathephoenix wrote:
As I remember it, the group had initially gone to rest in the late evening/early night, and been interupted around midnight. That said, I'll take a look through the chat for you and figure that out. How long this most recent bit had taken is up to your group, though I'm willing to help out. ~v^

The heliolance was cast around sunset, and I think Neo did his thing some time between about 10 and midnight. I would suspect that it's very early in the morning (2-3am, maybe?), but time is a bit wibbly in-game. If anyone has reasons for other times, let me know. It's probably important to figure out. '^v^

Victi and Drake are probably at around 12:30-1:00am, and.... uuuhhhh...... I think Evelyn is synced with Lisa, Raven, Adriannu, and the Magistrate, who are.... maybe earlier? '^v^

Time can be a bit soft, that's not an issue. Not worth trying to regulate.
Quote:
Fortunately Kylarion provided the final nail to the coffin to Lisa's plan before offering tepid support for Raven's. Adriannu however still wasn't convinced as she still had a very important question regarding this plan. "Magister, let's save that by some miracle, Raven's plan works and we beat Victi using it. Would I be able to recover my shard afterwards? It wouldn't do me any good to beat Victi only to starve to death afterwards because I lost my means of providing for myself during hard times. As mentioned before, I can't use the gold offered from the reward and your tech won't do me much good if I'm dead from starvation."

The witch and familiar can't help but wonder how Adriannu has become so dependant on her shard for survival. Several questions run through their minds, but most of all, the child's clear and present fear of starving and inability to imagine a world where she can survive without her shard's power elicits pity from the both of them.

Raven slinks toward her and presses her head against the child's shin with a comforting purr. "Hey," she whispers, "You know we can take care of you, right?"

Lisa sighs, wishing to likewise say something reassuring, but she can't come up with anything that'd clear the child's obvious trust issues. While Raven comforts the girl, she resolves to care for Adriannu any way she can, even after they're safe from the sorceress. Assuming we all survive the ordeal.

Quote:
"I would assume that, the vase being what it is, it could be forced apart once more. Also, I would be able to safely use far more of my resources to assist at that time should re-dividing the shards not be so simple," he reassures her, "I do not know exactly, again, we had limited time to research and prepare, but this artifact is by its nature broken. While it should work as expected once assembled, it may not 'enjoy' remaining in that unbroken state."

"Oh, and Miss Adeptus, it is worth stating that... how to say this? Neither our enemy nor myself know if there are any restrictions on where, when, how, or by whom the vase may be assembled, other than that all the shards are required, and even that is only logical supposition. Your search for information may still be a very wise initial course of action. If possible, to even put protections of some kind on the information such that she cannot gather it so easily, hmm? Another way of discouraging her, perhaps," the magistrate suggests, at this point knowing that Adriannu would be displeased and unimpressed to hear that part.

"Now, I should prepare for my departure, my shuttle ought to be coming shortly," he says briskly, rising politely and giving each of the three a polite bow.

"Yes, thank you, Magistrate," Lisa dips her head in response. "Ah...sorry for the trouble earlier." She offers a sheepish smile and opens the door for him. His parting words recommending they collect information inspires in her some semblance of hope. If they can learn what Victi doesn't know and prevent her from learning it, they'll finally have a legitimate advantage. They'd have to hire an enchanter to protect the information provided they manage as much, but the gold he'd given them might prove useful after all.
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"We're driving the Shriker as far as we can," Victi says as she gets into her spot and brings the vehicle's console to life, "I can overcharge the shields, it can help us fight, and we can use it as cover if things go wrong. Tell me what our approach is otherwise as we go."

The hover-bike slides forward, off toward the distant foothills.

"I'm completely behind any plan that involves shields." He raises his arm, his jacket sleeve morphing into armored plates that seem to grow directly out of his skin. "I'm personally going in as armored as I can possibly be." With a cocky grin to mask his nerves, he releases the spell so his arm returns to normal and wraps his arms around Victi's waist before they speed away toward the hills.

"Alright,I'm going to find the other shards.I'll let you guys recover."Neo got up and walked out the forest the same way he ran in.He should keep it a secret that he's part angel if he finds the other.However...the floating swords on his back will most likely give that away.Maybe I should...nah wasted to much power last time. Also he wasn't sure on how to control both his angelic and demonic powers.However this wasn't the case as his arm sensed three others,though he wasn't so sure what magical items that they had.He decide to hide behind a tree and watch them from a distance.However, due to lack of control over his powers,made his arm go through the tree,and made the tree fall down.Gods,strike me in my sleep...
Just an update: I am still here, work has just been breakneck as of late, so replying is difficult. I probably won't be able to put a post up until tomorrow :|
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Victi had to think for a moment before realizing the reason behind Drake's seeming confusion. Right, of course he doesn't know about deflectors, she thought to herself.

"Well, more like a deflection field," she calls back over the wind and engine, "It creates a bubble that keeps stuff from getting in. That's actually how this things stays off the ground, too. The downward shield is at a fixed distance from the bike, with a bit of softness to smooth the ride, and acts as a solid surface to keep the thing from falling. Broad enough to cruise ove water, too."

As predicted, it doesn't take long at all to make it to the start of the foothills. Victi slows the bike down to a more cautious speed, and drops her illusory disguise. Shortly after, something catches her eye, and she brings them to a stop.

"Drake," she asks calmly, "Is it just me, or do we have a welcoming committee waiting for us at the top of that rise? Five, maybe six rough lookin' guys with bows and spears?"

All good. Life always comes first.
Do you guys want me to find a map,so that everyone won't get confused on where they are?

Dazz or I can make one. Probably better to do that rather than try to force a region to fit, especially at-scale. I have some time tonight, so I can at least get a start on it.
Ok,just suggesting.

It was a good thought, just not as easy to implement given how we've been defining geography over time. (shrugs)

Oooo, avi found grid paper....
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

At the sound of the tree abruptly falling relatively near to the cabin, the magistrate snaps to a sharp focus, long ears perked and almost quivering in their attentiveness. A moment later, he snaps his fingers twice, and then holds still for several seconds before returning to his normal calm composure.

"My appologies, but I may have to delay a moment longer while my security detail ensures that my shuttle can approach safely," he says to his hosts, fingers making a few small gestures in the air, as if casting a spell. What he was actually doing was checking to make sure that Victi and Drake were, in fact, still nowhere near them.

No, they were.... wandering off in the middle of nowhere and preparing to confront bandits. Curious, but at this moment not problematic.

He would let his four cloaked guards/operatives check the area for him, with instructions to not engage if they found anything, but to let him know instead. In the worst case he would Gate to another location and have his shuttle rendez-vous with him there.

"Crap..."Neo slowly backed away,try to make sure not to make a move so his power doesn't react.However,he's forever cursed with bad Karma.In a blue blur,Neo crashed through multiple trees,and bounced off about five of them,and crashed through the cabin and crashed into the dirt like a meteor.I changed my mind.Gods,strike me down, NOW.After that,Neo didn't move an inch.His powers are,and I repeat,are going to be the death of him one day.Then he got covered in the same blur,and got stabbed,by the branch of a fallen tree."Yup,definitely going to be the death of me."Neo proceed to let his body go limp.He wasn't dying,just tired. I been stabbed before.From swords to dragon talons.Though,the talons stopped my healing factor for a long while.And other things stopped my healing,but a branch won't.I won't heal until I get off,and I don't plan to any second now.He felt a pleasant breeze come by,and closed his eyes,deciding to enjoy it.

(sighs) Did'ja reallyhave to do that, Dante?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus