Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Apparently, she did not have clear enough desire to leave for my contingency to teleport her with us," he says with a sigh, both due to Lisa's distress and the fact that her tail just butchered a very expensive sofa in said distress.

"If it is okay with you, we will take her to the medical bay. There, we can treat her and ensure her recovery using our technology. You may accompany her. Ah yes, and while we are on the subject, I welcome you to the Agate Breeze, and extend unto you both my formal hospitality," he says, bowing politely to Lisa.

Indeed, beyond the large, very clear window in one wall of the room lies a view of the night sky heavily dominated by a green and blue orb, and what looks like a moon off to the right.....
Hahah, to be honest it's an extra reason I want to get to town so bad. Having Alastor's surprisingly genius worrywart orc give some insight might be useful. Still working out what that insight might be, but hey. I'll figure it out as I go. So long as I don't kill the digestive enzymes in my stomach by accident, or mistakenly cause white blood cells to go haywire, I think I'll be fine. I really think a lot of this shard is going to be trial and error.
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

So, small part of the comment but big deal: It ONLY controls cells and other microbes that aren't "part" of a creature genetically or by creation, and nothing lesser than a virus. CANNOT control white blood cells nor digestive enzymes. Bacteria, viruses, other single-cell organisms, and tentatively slime-molds because they're....weird, but actually neither of the things you listed.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

After the terrible crash of everything going to heck fades into a dull ring in her sensitive ears, Raven opens her eyes to find herself completely alone.

Slowly, fearfully, Raven rises from a fetal crouch. "L...Lisa? Little girl?"

"Anyone...?"

She blinks away the dust and stinging vapor of smashed potions until she can spot Neo lying on the ground with a tree branch poking out of his chest. So there's the bastard who smashed our house. She snarls and spits in his general direction. Lucky for him, he looks dead.

Having written off her at-present mortal enemy as skewered to absolute deadness, Raven takes stock of her surroundings. With two gaping holes in the opposite walls, she figures she should get outside before the roof collapses. But first...

Lisa's gone, but her backpack isn't. She grabs one of the bag's shoulder straps in her teeth and drags it toward the closest of the new exits, the door-side. It's a painfully slow process as Raven repeatedly steps on debris and the pack snags on the splintered edge of the hole. After much struggling, she gives up and simply grabs the shard from the open sack and drags it out as the entire building crumbles into a pathetic heap.

And with it goes the animal's relaxed demeanor as she flops onto the crowd, curling around the shard. She squeezes her eyes shut and tries her hardest to pretend she's lying comfortably on the little pillow underneath Lisa's table while her mistress scribbles in her journal. Any minute now, she'd listen as Liz's breathing slows into the steady pace of sleep. Then she can sneak into her lap and play with the locks of hair dangling from the tabletop or with some loose strand of fabric from-

Raven shivers as an inscect scuttles across her paw. Oh, but I'm outside. My home's a pile of rubble. And Lisa's not here. Her head jolts up and she glares at what she still assumes is the corpse of an idiot.
Ah, got it! So something that in it's entirety is still only a microbe. Works for me, still plenty I can think of for that. More support stuff than anything, but that works beautifully for Alastor.
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
Victi had to think for a moment before realizing the reason behind Drake's seeming confusion. Right, of course he doesn't know about deflectors, she thought to herself.

"Well, more like a deflection field," she calls back over the wind and engine, "It creates a bubble that keeps stuff from getting in. That's actually how this things stays off the ground, too. The downward shield is at a fixed distance from the bike, with a bit of softness to smooth the ride, and acts as a solid surface to keep the thing from falling. Broad enough to cruise ove water, too."

As predicted, it doesn't take long at all to make it to the start of the foothills. Victi slows the bike down to a more cautious speed, and drops her illusory disguise. Shortly after, something catches her eye, and she brings them to a stop.

"Drake," she asks calmly, "Is it just me, or do we have a welcoming committee waiting for us at the top of that rise? Five, maybe six rough lookin' guys with bows and spears?"

Upon sighting the ambush himself, Drake's eyes dart up to the sky, scanning the darkness for the glint of fire or the contour of leathery wings blocking out a scrap of stars. He has been nervous the entire ride, but now as the reality of meeting Aurora grows imminent, he seems downright terrified. "Uh...yeah." His grip on Victi's waist tightens, the reflex for once having nothing to do with lust as evidenced by the fact he actually lets go the moment he realizes what he's doing. Then he commits his hands to more useful tasks; drawing a dagger from his belt, for one.

As they draw closer, the thugs seem to clue in on the fact they've been spotted, and waste no time surrounding them, brandishing their weapons. Six men indeed blow their cover this way, but a few more bowmen linger in the trees, their weapons drawn and ready to fire.
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Yeah, it's one of those things of "no, water does not let you command someone's cytoplasm," or something like that. There are limits. The microbe one is the most finicky and complex (don't be shy about asking questions in DMs or whatever, I'm more than happy to help), but it follows that same idea as a story element and as a game mechanic.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"You guys work for Aurora, right?" Victi calls, dsimounting from her bike and slowly walking more into the center of the ring of brigands, "We have business to discuss with her, along with enough coin to hopefully make it worth her while and enough skill and tricks to definitely make just taking the coin from us not worth yours."

"We heard she was the only one competent, powerful, and magically skilled enough for this job. If that's the case, which I get the feeling it is, I suspect she'd be pissed if a bunch of her people got cut down trying to prove otherwise," Victi continues, projecting forcefully enough to make herself heard clearly to the bowmen in the treeline

She calls her oversized sword and sticks it deep into the ground before asking, "Anyone got something to say against that?"
Jules Geist wrote:
She takes a deep breath and looks around. "As impressed as I am, dont you think we could've just followed the path of broken trees? Hes got angel power in him and he needs help getting them under control. Now we will find him but after we do I'm counting on you to help him any way you can... I will need to get someone who's not too far who can help him. I'd get her now but I dont want to leave you like this." She slightly chuckles.

"I hope you slept well." She directs to Liliath. She doesnt expect an answer really but she did mean it.

"At any rate, let's take a deep breath here and focus on Neo first. Once we find him maybe he found others as well." She says as she spreads her wings and horns. "Sorry if this makes anyone uncomfortable... but being in my human form is exhausting." She sighs.

"I will stay here in case he comes back." Liliath lied if they would go she would wait for a while and then she would run away. They would be to busy with finding Neo that they wouldn't even regonize that she was gone. She did felt bad for leaving Alastor, he was kind.
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

"Ok,termites are getting on my nerves."He said to himself.He attempted to pull himself off,and his arms went immediate demon,the same read veins and cracked armor,as he thought.The arms made burnt marks on the branch,making some come out."Goddammit!"And with that,he punched the wood,causing it to break.He pulled it out completely,breathing heavily.He sat himself down,his body overheat and in pain from the sudden use of power.Great,now my demonic power is acting up too.The mist came back,and cooled his body a bit.He decide to take out a small carving that was glowing blue and surrounded by rock.There was a dragon the top,and a curve blade underneath.He grabbed the small short and continued carving the blade.
"Leaving you alone? I dont think so. Its nothing personal but you are still young and cant be left all by yourself. I dont know many people who would just leave a child in the forest alone. That's dangerous and irresponsible." She says matter of factly. She looks at Alastor. "I hardly doubt he will agree to this but if he does I'll let you go without a fight. Even though I have a bad feeling." She had a sneaky suspicion on what she really wanted to do.
"I am staying here, you can't tell me what to do." Liliath rolled her eyes irritated. She had been in the forest on her own for a while already and she could manage on her own "I stay here and you can't stop me."
"I wasnt forcing you to go. I told you if he agrees that you stay then so be it. I may hate the idea but that doesnt mean I'm forcing you. Assuming things can get you in trouble." She says then looks up in the sky.
"Yes that could happen, but who cares. If I go with you I could get in trouble and if I stay here that could happen as well."
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor didn't even look back to reply. "..and that's exactly why yer comin' with us. Stick with the group and you've at least got backup. I ain't leaving anyone alone in this woods, not after the fight we just had to go through." Alastor sighed and turned to the two. "I don't give a damn what yeh want to do after we're outta this forest, but until then we stick together, and we get the job done."

Alastor turned back towards the debris, and started moving. "Now let's go already.."
"No I am not going with you! Yiu al should stop acting like your my dad or my mom, if i get in trouble so be it!"
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

"I ain't talking to you like a parent! I'm talkin' to yer as a teammate! This ain't normal trouble we're talkin about here, Lili! If any of us get into trouble out here we're risking death, and I'd rather we all avoid that ending." Alastor took a deep breath. "Just.. please... come with us. There's no reason to come back to this spot once we go, so leaving you here doesn't help."
"No you are talking like you are my dad and we are not teammates we are friends that's why I stayed with you people not because we are teammates!

Fine then I die , No I stay here! "
She laughs. "I'm sorry but if I was like my mother to you then you would be forced by rope to follow and trained until you were so bloody and tired that you would wish for death. So if you think I'm trying to be motherly then I would have no idea what you are talking about!" She laughs again thinking about her mother. "The only thing she did for me was teach me how to fight well enough to protect myself." She smirks. "If we were your friends then you would choose to come with us. Stay together to build the friendship. But you are pushing us away for what I imagine is a selfish reason." She sighs. "You are a strong little girl no doubt, so if we get in a bind we are going to need you. If you leave us now and we get in trouble... well this may be the last time you see us or we you." She shrugs. "But I take it you just want to do your thing. Forget about us, the people who care about you, so you can go off and do something for your own gain... This shouldnt be an arguement. If we were really people you considered friends, this wouldnt be you fighting us to go get Neo!" She wasnt being aggressive and was speaking the truth. "Think about this... Neo is suffering because you are refusing to come with your friends. It's very suspicious Lil." She raises her brow.
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"You guys work for Aurora, right?" Victi calls, dsimounting from her bike and slowly walking more into the center of the ring of brigands, "We have business to discuss with her, along with enough coin to hopefully make it worth her while and enough skill and tricks to definitely make just taking the coin from us not worth yours."

"We heard she was the only one competent, powerful, and magically skilled enough for this job. If that's the case, which I get the feeling it is, I suspect she'd be pissed if a bunch of her people got cut down trying to prove otherwise," Victi continues, projecting forcefully enough to make herself heard clearly to the bowmen in the treeline

She calls her oversized sword and sticks it deep into the ground before asking, "Anyone got something to say against that?"

Drake dismounts with her, sticking to her side with his hand on the sheath of his dagger. Looking each bandit he sees in the eye, and without a dragon in sight, his characteristic cockiness returns to him and elevates his posture. He dares to smile at a few of them, and as Victi draws her massive sword, his grin widens at their reactions like he's the one wielding the enchanted Valkryie's blade.

The bandits back away, exchanging nervous glances and returning to eye Victi warily. A pair of them, who must be co-leading this group, briefly bicker over who's going to address her until finally one of them soundly shoves the other forward. A human in his 30's, cloaked in blue fabric with subtle hardening enchantments sowed on the hem. Clears his throat and asks with a slightly quavering voice, "What business do you have with the boss?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus