Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Maybe...
I've got a new Liliath plan. When everyone is asleep, Liliath runs away with her new shard and tries to find Victi so she can sell her shard
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

It's gonna be a LONG walk. X> (assuming she can even locate our lovely antagonist)

That said, I love it.
She can walk.

*chuckles* Some new Liliath drama

She can walk, but I think Victi and Drake are probably a couple days out by foot right now. Difference between walking and moving by hover-bike.
Yeah, gentle reminder here that Victi and Drake are not only traveling on a speedy hover-bike that can nyoom over rough terrain with ease, but are also moving away from all of the major groups right now. You can’t really start walking and expect to miraculously bump into them.

Have fun looking, though. xD
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

((redacted))
Quote:
At the sound of the tree abruptly falling relatively near to the cabin, the magistrate snaps to a sharp focus, long ears perked and almost quivering in their attentiveness. A moment later, he snaps his fingers twice and then holds still for several seconds before returning to his normal calm composure.

"My apologies, but I may have to delay a moment longer while my security detail ensures that my shuttle can approach safely," he says to his hosts, fingers making a few small gestures in the air as if casting a spell. What he was actually doing was checking to make sure that Victi and Drake were, in fact, still nowhere near them.

No, they were.... wandering off in the middle of nowhere and preparing to confront bandits. Curious, but at this moment not problematic.

He would let his four cloaked guards/operatives check the area for him, with instructions to not engage if they found anything, but to let him know instead. In the worst case, he would Gate to another location and have his shuttle rendezvous with him there.

Lisa's non-reaction to the thud of a crashing tree might come as a surprise to the others. She simply freezes, her ears piqued like the Magistrate's, before recognizing the sound and relaxing. Compared to all she'd encountered in the past few hours, a newly fallen tree in the middle of the old wood is the least suspect.

As Kylarion explains he intends to wait until cleared by whatever qualifies as "security detail," she closes the door with a frown; she was really hoping he'd leave. Besides, seeing his concern reminds her that it's a clear night with hardly a breeze that'd knock over trees. Fear creeps back into her system, filling her with a powerful urge to run which she channels into a mad grab for her green shard and the bag she'd packed some minutes earlier. She tucks the shard into the bag then swings it over her shoulder.

Ready to flee, she watches out their sole back window.
Quote:
"Crap..."Neo slowly backed away, trying to make sure not to make a move so his power doesn't react.

However, he's forever cursed with bad Karma. In a blue blur, Neo crashed through multiple trees and bounced off about five of them, then crashed through the cabin and crashed into the dirt like a meteor.

I changed my mind. Gods, strike me down, NOW.

After that, Neo didn't move an inch. His powers are going to be the death of him one day.

Then he got covered in the same blur and got stabbed by the branch of a fallen tree.

"Yup, definitely going to be the death of me." Neo proceed to let his body go limp. He wasn't dying, just tired. I've been stabbed before. By swords to dragon talons. Though, the talons stopped my healing factor for a long while. And other things stopped my healing, but a branch won't; I just won't heal until I get off, and I don't plan to any second now. He felt a pleasant breeze come by and closed his eyes, deciding to enjoy it.

Lisa's vision, well-adapted for seeing into the darkness, easily picks out Neo's shape receding into the trees. A low, guttural growl escapes her throat. Another intruder.

Right before her eyes, a blue aura wraps around the mysterious figure and he goes flying. All Lisa can do is watch in horror as Neo crashes into several trees, tearing through several century-old trunks, before soaring madly toward the cabin.

Her bag hits the floor, the sound of something inside shattering to pieces being the least of her worries.

"GET DOWN!" She lunges in front of Raven and Adriannu, the color draining from her wide eyes. Her shrill shriek turns into a roar as her mouth elongates into a broad muzzle. The rest of her body grows and twists into a dark something unrecognizable as Lisa. As Neo's body punches through the wall, this new monster turns her back to the explosion of shrapnel, wrapping her arms around the child and shielding her and Raven as well as she can.
Adriannu (played by Katia)

At first, Kylarion’s explanation of robots only served to further confuse Adriannu, but once he mentioned Golems, the child began to understand the concept. "Golems, I know what those are! I heard about them from a few of the fairy tales Mother..." She promptly trailed off after that as even after two years, the murder of her parents was still a raw wound on her heart.

Nonetheless she quickly rejoined the conversation once the magister started talking about how Victi's defense and she looked decidedly annoyed by this new information. "Well that's irritating, guess I'll just stick to trying to hit her with the flat of my blades then since you said her defenses would be unlikely to block that. Sounds like a better tactic then hoping I can exhaust her energy flow...though if I have a chance to push her off a cliff or something, I'll take it. Surely blocking the damage from that would quite draining. Anyway thank you for the information."

Then regarding Raven's plan of reassembling the vase, Adriannu wasn't convinced on it even after the magister offered tepid support of it as she still had an important question regarding it. That being if it were possible to recover her shard from the vase once assembled which she promptly asked Kylarion. Upon being told that it was possible to disassemble it and that he would even offer his assistance should it be needed, did serve to make her more accepting of the plan. "All right, I'll go along with it then, though I still have my doubts on how feasible it is."

It was here that Raven mentioned that she and Lisa could take her of her. It was an offer that actually made her frown and she was quick to explain why. "The last time someone was supposed to take care of me, they beat and starved me along with the other orphans. I gained weight after running away and using the shard's power to have some predators hunt for me. It was the first filling meal I had since..." Once again the child trailed off as she simply wasn't willing to talk about that subject.

Suddenly the sound of a tree falling to the ground nearby instantly put Adirannu on edge as she immediately went into a fighting stance, looking at the door, ready to defend herself. Here the Magister informed them that his security detail were checking to make sure his shuttle could approach safely.

This did nothing to soothe the Cathera's wariness which turned out to be justified as Neo crashes into the cabin, her cat like reflexes just barely enabling her to dive out of the way. As this happened Lisa shifted into a monster and quickly wrapped her arms around both Adriannu and Raven. Unfortunately this turned out to be insufficient to protect the child as as a big piece of wooden shrapnel from Neo's exit point flew out and hit her in the back of the head. At this the child let out a cry that was a mix between a scream and a whine while her head dropped limply forward; knocked out cold. Already the silvery hair at back of her head was starting to stain crimson with blood from the cut there.

(Ok first off, Adriannu will eventually talk about her history. Second is that Adriannu has a concussion, but will be ok. Also Lisa, Avitra and I have been talking oocly hence Lisa's temporarily retconned post as she posted before I was ready.)
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor stirred from his sleep. He hadn't realised how tired he was until he'd seen almost everyone drift off as well. He sat up and stretched, yawning contentedly. However, looking around the clearing, the absence of Neo concerned him. Alastor leaned over and gently shook Liliath's shoulder. "Wake up kiddo. I get the feeling we're going to have to get moving."

Alastor then looked over to Jules. Damn. Dozed off while she was talking before. Got to work on that."Hey, you all good? Where's Neo gone?"
Liliath woke up still a bit tired then she thought about something. If she would get her new shard, she could ran away with it and find someone to sell it to when everyone was asleep! "Can I have my shard now?"
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

The magistrate's reaction to Neo's impact was nearly immediate. Or, well, his suspended contingency spell was. Powerful barriers deployed around his body, and he guided the second half of it to reach out to his hosts....

Seconds later, he, Lisa, and Adriannu flashed out of sight, teleporting away.

The four stealth-operatives move up invisibly and silently, keeping watch over the wreckage of the small building.

Lisa and Adriannu end up in what looks like the main room of a modern penthouse appartment, lightly but tastefully decorated.
"He left... said he was searching for a shard. I was so zoned out I guess I couldnt move... I'm sorry." She sluggishly slides down the Orc and pats its arm. "I'm sorry that happened to you." She whispered to the Orc then spoke in Latin something that was a demon blessing.

"He shouldnt be hard to track." Her eyes returned to looking dead. No emotion can be read. "We can either go find him or get supplies." She asks
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor let out a short laugh. "Oh, right! You dropped out before we could give you one." He pulled the water shard out and handed it over to Liliath. "Here you go Monkey. Enjoy!"

Alastor looked to Jules while waiting for Liliath to make her decision. "He what?" Bloody hells, it's just one thing after another! "And what--!?" Alastor took a second to take a deep breath, calming himself. "... What are you apologising for? It was his decision to wander off, not yours." He listened in as best as he could to what she was saying to the orc, but what he did catch, he couldn't understand.

Alastor walked over to a nearby tree. "Damn it. We need all the people we can get, but... we can't keep delaying things..." Alastor stood for a moment, leaning against the tree, getting more and more frustrated with every second he thought things over. Finally, he yelled out in anger before beginning to punch the nearby tree, bloodying his fist more and more as he went on. "DAMN IT! Is it that bloody hard for people to just play along!?" He looked down at his hand, still furious over the situation. His mind finally settled on an idea. He pulled out his new shard, thinking about the pulse Neo had sent out a while ago. If he can pull that trick, so can I! He focused on the shard, resting it in his now damaged hand, and sent out a pulse, detecting everything the shard could detect. The world lit up, and he began to see everything. It took a few pulses, but Alastor finally narrowed down the location of Neo. "Right! We're going to get Neo. And I don't give a damn if I have to drag him through the depths of hell itself, but afterwards we are getting back to my hometown and we are FINALLY getting some bloody assistance, before we all end up dead!"
So far, I have worked out 1 use that Alastor has for the shard that he has the knowledge for. Thank you Dante for supplying me with that bit of wisdom. OOC I have had SO many thoughts on what can be done with it though. Some of it's horrifying.

On shard stuff, I would like to get a bit of information on what you're planning on doing with them just to be sure it would work, and to figure out how blood-intensive the feats would be.
Alright, I'll remember that in future. Any issues with how I just used the micro shard?
Misc other wrote:
The magistrate's reaction to Neo's impact was nearly immediate. Or, well, his suspended contingency spell was. Powerful barriers deployed around his body, and he guided the second half of it to reach out to his hosts....

Seconds later, he, Lisa, and Adriannu flashed out of sight, teleporting away.

The four stealth-operatives move up invisibly and silently, keeping watch over the wreckage of the small building.

Lisa and Adriannu end up in what looks like the main room of a modern penthouse apartment, lightly but tastefully decorated.

Lisa's tail- long, covered by a dark carapace and tipped with a venomous stinger -lashes wildly back and forth, its owner unaware of the abrupt change in scenery until she opens her pale red eyes. Even then, she fails to realize they've been moved; the slick sensation of blood soaking her fur draws her gaze to the child lying limp in her arms. A hitch in her breaht, then she slows her breathing and calms herself. It's okay, you know what to do.

Ignoring the stinging from a myriad of fresh wounds nicked into her back and neck, Lisa forces the spell to release its hold on her form. Still cradling Adriannu, she returns to normal. Her clothes and skin torn by splinters of wood and glass, but otherwise not much worse for wear. "Raven, fetch my bag."

"Raven?"

There's no small form huddling beneath her, like she swears there were seconds ago. She looks around. No Raven. Again?Wait-

"Magistrate, where the hell is my cat?"

I would say that you'd normally have to have more familiarity with the subject's microbiome to identify them, but it's a minor detail as this goes.

Using it as a replacement for aura-reading tool is clever, though. Avi like!
She takes a deep breath and looks around. "As impressed as I am, dont you think we could've just followed the path of broken trees? Hes got angel power in him and he needs help getting them under control. Now we will find him but after we do I'm counting on you to help him any way you can... I will need to get someone who's not too far who can help him. I'd get her now but I dont want to leave you like this." She slightly chuckles.

"I hope you slept well." She directs to Liliath. She doesnt expect an answer really but she did mean it.

"At any rate, let's take a deep breath here and focus on Neo first. Once we find him maybe he found others as well." She says as she spreads her wings and horns. "Sorry if this makes anyone uncomfortable... but being in my human form is exhausting." She sighs.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus