Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Damn. Didn't expect Neo to be so... efficient. Alastor lowered his weapons, looking at the ruthless display in front of him. "Neo! Calm down there, I think he's down. Ain't nobody recovering from those injuries. We're in the clear, let's go." He walked up to the maimed orc, pulling his dagger out with a slight twisting motion before shifting back and heading towards the other two.

"Everyone okay? Let's head back and find somewhere to catch our breath. Then, we can all talk."
Hey Avirta I just realizes that the magister forgot to answer one of Adriannu's questions. Do you want me to ask it again or do you want to edit your post?

"So if hit her with the flat side of the blade instead of the edges, that wouldn't trigger the barrier since it wouldn't break the skin right? If so, would that also apply to her tails? Also is there a limit to how blow attacks her defenses can ward off before they stop working?"

Apparently I forgot to erase either blows or attacks in that sentence, but minor issue.
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Ask it again. :3

He.... didn't want to answer that one. '^v^
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

After a while,Neo stopped hacking at the poor orc,and his original appearance slowly came back.He came out the orc,and slowly went to the ground.His breathes were heavy,and the smoke was still coming out of his body.Suddenly there's was whitish-blue surrounded him.Neo looked surprised,as he never saw this type of aura before.The burning slowly cooled as he got up as his pupils turned the same color as well,before turning back to the blue color.He would have to ask Rudra and Angi about,as he got up and walked to the others as the aura slowly disperse.
Jules gently picked up Liliath and flew near the boys. "Is it safe?" She tilts her head examining the Orc. She knits her brow. "I wonder if... nevermind." Shes sighs trying to shrug the thought off. "I should be the one to apologize Lil... I let my fears get the better of me and I am sorry. I am just happy you are okay." She smiles trying to wipe the thought of losing Liliath. "C-Can I please hug you?" She says as a tear falls down her cheek.

Neo limped his way to the other.s"Man, do I hate my demonic side."He looked back at Rundra,who's life already left his body.He rubbed his head sheepish before saying."I'm sorry Lilith...for everything .As for you two,I suppose you have questions.Trust me,I have as much questions about myself as do yall.And I already know who am I going to integrate for that info"
Liliath shook her head "No, that I said sorry doesn't mean i forgot everything." She spoke a bit harsh "So what are we going to do now?"

"Damn kid,after we did to have your life,your still going to treat us like that."Neo said.Neo pointed at the orc,and said,"You know that you have a better chance of survival with us."
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor sighed. "Nah, she's right Neo. Sorry doesn't fix things." Alastor sat down on the ground, wrapping his arms around his legs. "So let's work on that. First thing's first, we should look at those shards we've been arguing about. I actually had an idea. I know you don't like the shard you got, and I get that. Damn thing scared the hell outta me when I first used it. But I'm kinda curious about it, and I'd love a closer look at it. And I know how excited you were to see what these things could do, so what if we swapped your one for my one? Mine controls water, as I got to show off earlier, and it's a lot less terrifying than the one Jules has been holding on to for ya. I can even help you out with some tricks you might be able to do. I had a lot of ideas that I didn't get to try."

Alastor smiled. "And as for what we were talking about earlier, about selling the shard to someone. I can't say I'm a big fan of the idea, but it's your shard, and you should be able to decide what to do with it. All's I gotta ask is you hear us out. I've dodged a lot of disasters by hearing people out. Nobody's going to force you to do anything here, but we do wanna say why we'd be worried about doing certain things." Alastor turned to the other two. "Right everyone?"

Neo nodded,before he felt the same burning feel.He would walk to another tree,and slumped down.The same bluish aura surrounded him,cooling him down a bit.Neo also started releasing a bright mist.He looked around himself before saying,"Do any of you know what this aura is?"
"Do what you please Lil. The simple matter of things is that you're safe." She bites her tongue trying to control the anger she feels inside. Wanting to say more but she promised shed be civil.

She holds her hand as the viens in her palm become a bit darker. She squeezes her eyes closed and takes a deep breath before opening them to calm herself.
"Aura? Seems familiar but I'm not sure." She knits her brows as if it's right on the tip of her tongue.
Hey guys; so you all already know I’m at college, and you can kind of guess if that means. Until/unless I can get a solid routine down, I will no longer be posting nearly every day. I might squeeze roleplay into the few-hour breaks I have through the week, but the only days I’ll likely be totally available are Friday, Saturday and Sunday and pretty much only during the evening. Avi will probably be doing some pacing control to stop half the group from falling behind again, but otherwise I don’t think a lot will change. Thank you guys for being a totally awesome RP group so far; I love watching what’s going on and being a part of it when I can. <3 Good night all!

DazzlingDragon wrote:
Hey guys; so you all already know I’m at college, and you can kind of guess if that means. Until/unless I can get a solid routine down, I will no longer be posting nearly every day. I might squeeze roleplay into the few-hour breaks I have through the week, but the only days I’ll likely be totally available are Friday, Saturday and Sunday and pretty much only during the evening. Avi will probably be doing some pacing control to stop half the group from falling behind again, but otherwise I don’t think a lot will change. Thank you guys for being a totally awesome RP group so far; I love watching what’s going on and being a part of it when I can. <3 Good night all!

Speaking of, I may be imposing a soft post-limit. Like, 2-3 per day each? I won't get mad if you do end up posting more, but I would appreciate the slowdown. You're going very short time periods for each post, having long convos and plans and character moments, so I don't need to be too draconian. ~v^
Sounds good and I have a question! So if I'm in the greenroom, does that make her the Jules from the game or my full power Jules

Before I answer this, first I'm going to say that if a fight breaks out, the Cryu-Dzien will become very irritable.

Now to answer: If it's for a reason beyond abilities and knowledge, message me to let me know why so I can figure out if it matters. It's a pretty casual space, other than an "I don't want to have to seriously moderate it so don't make me" kind of thing.

Honestly I made it for goofing around IC and discussing the game in a kinda fourth-wall breaky way, because I keep doing that kind of stuff with people in DMs or other places. It isn't really meant to be a game itself.
I know that lol I was just askin bc it would change the way she talks in there. I'll just be the shards Jules

Sure, may as well keep the mannerisms.
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Adriannu listened as the Magister explained how it was mostly large ships and robotics facilities that were destroyed. In addition how enemy soldier were allowed to surrender before being examined to determine their level of involvement in with the worst of their orders. This sounded good to her, especially when he mentioned that those who refused to commit atrocities would be protected and honored.

"I wish this world did things like that, then maybe I'd have a family member left alive that way. Mommy said uncle was a very nice man who loved children, so maybe he'd have taken me in if he had lived. It couldn't have been worse then the orphanage I ran away from in any case...anyway enough about that, what are robotics? I think you said the word before, but I forgot to ask about it."

The child soon asked about the ship and if she could ride in it if they managed to defeat Victi. His answer of perhaps was a bit of a puzzle, she knew that an answer like that could be a softer way of saying no, but at the same time, it wasn't an actual no so there could still be a chance of a yes.

She then smiled when she heard that he didn't think that Victi's protections would defend her from a blow from the flat of her daggers. Of course switching to blunt impacts would mean that she'd have to adjust her preferred targets to the knees, head, back of the throat and less preferentially the gut. However Adriannu noticed that he hadn't answer her last question about how much abuse her protections could absorb and thus asked it again. "How many blows can her protections defend her against before they stop working?"

Shortly after this, Raven and Lisa had apparently came up with a plan of their own, but that actually turned out to be two separate plans. While neither of these plans were to her liking, it was Lisa's that got the bulk of her displeasure as her plan involved destroying the shards. As such, she promptly threatened to kill her if should the chimera attempt to destroy her shard before pointing out the problems with Raven's plan. Not surprisingly, Lisa reacted to this rather nervously and quickly tried to appease the child by saying that they didn't have to destroy her shard. That does serve to calm the child as she was now no longer glaring daggers at Lisa because of it.

Fortunately Kylarion provided the final nail to the coffin to Lisa's plan before offering tepid support for Raven's. Adriannu however still wasn't convinced as she still had a very important question regarding this plan. "Magister, let's save that by some miracle, Raven's plan works and we beat Victi using it. Would I be able to recover my shard afterwards? It wouldn't do me any good to beat Victi only to starve to death afterwards because I lost my means of providing for myself during hard times. As mentioned before, I can't use the gold offered from the reward and your tech won't do me much good if I'm dead from starvation."
Alastor Kain wrote:
Alastor sighed. "Nah, she's right Neo. Sorry doesn't fix things." Alastor sat down on the ground, wrapping his arms around his legs. "So let's work on that. First thing's first, we should look at those shards we've been arguing about. I actually had an idea. I know you don't like the shard you got, and I get that. Damn thing scared the hell outta me when I first used it. But I'm kinda curious about it, and I'd love a closer look at it. And I know how excited you were to see what these things could do, so what if we swapped your one for my one? Mine controls water, as I got to show off earlier, and it's a lot less terrifying than the one Jules has been holding on to for ya. I can even help you out with some tricks you might be able to do. I had a lot of ideas that I didn't get to try."

Alastor smiled. "And as for what we were talking about earlier, about selling the shard to someone. I can't say I'm a big fan of the idea, but it's your shard, and you should be able to decide what to do with it. All's I gotta ask is you hear us out. I've dodged a lot of disasters by hearing people out. Nobody's going to force you to do anything here, but we do wanna say why we'd be worried about doing certain things." Alastor turned to the other two. "Right everyone?"

"And you shut up!" She yelled to Neo before she decicded to sit next to Alastor "Sounds good, maybe if you know how my shard works you can help me how to use it." Liliath sighed "Maybe I will sell it in the future not now anymore." She said well she decided to hug Alastor "Anyways what will we do now? Staying in the woods is not safe."
Agh. Writer's block. I know the kind of thing I want to say in character, I'm just doing a terrible job of figuring out how to word it :|

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus