Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

"I got to agree with Alastor on this one.I ain't having a another death after last time.",Neo said after grabbing Rudra,and using him as a hoverboard,and going in the same direction where Lily ran.
"I get that Alastor but do you understand the severity of the situation? You weren't there! So my actions were just. Now, we can go after her and I'll remain calm the whole time. I promise. But I can not have this shard slip into the wrong hands... I care about her trust me I do and if you think for a minute that I'm not dying inside then you are wrong!" A tear falls down her cheek. "S-So dont... just dont give me a speech. I will give her the shard back... I just want her to hear me out too. I'm a demon but I'm not heartless." Her eyes flicker back to normal. She holds out her hand. "She wont wanted to give this back to her. I think you are her favorite." She holds out the shard.

"Neo... I know you want to find the others with the shards but right now we need to find her. I just know I like to be alone when I'm mad so... I'm sorry. To both of you. I panicked and I should've just..." she stops and bites her lower lip. Trying to hold back the tears.
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor let Neo get a bit of a lead before turning back to Jules. "No need to apologize. But yer still getting a bit of a speech. Sorry, just my style I guess." Alastor rested his hand on Jules' shoulder. "You did what you thought was right. And in its own way it was. After what I saw when I met you, I feel like you've got the most reason out of all of us to be pursuing this. And as for her reaction, take it from me. I hear those kinda remarks all the time from my little family back home. That's kids for you."

"I'm thinking of seeing if she wants to switch shards with me. That one right there is... well, I think the best word is overwhelming." Alastor pushed Jules' hand with the shard back towards her. "But I want you to be the one that hands the shard back to her once I've discussed it. If she wants to switch, it should be her hand doing the switch. And if she wants to keep it, we've just got to work with that. Kids'll keep grabbing at the cat's tail until it scratches them. We just gotta be there to pull her out if things take a turn for the worse."

"By the way, I never thought of you as heartless. And, uhh... sorry about this morning. I'm guessing I was the last one you wanted to hear that kinda remark from." With his final words, Alastor turned back towards where Neo had gone and started heading in the same direction.
I'm cool with it
"Thanks Alastor... I have been on my own for so long I forget sometimes how to talk to people." She smiles and thinks about this morning.

"I dont think you realize how great it was to hear that. It... warmed my heart." Her voice was soft and a bit bashful. However it was still firm. She smiles as she follows them.

She thinks about what she should say to Liliath once she sees her.
alright i will work on the forum in a minute
How shall i call the forum?
Liliath looked over a shoulder she noticed some familiar faces and started running harder then she ever did before. She didn't want to see anybody, she wanted to be left alone. She needed to hide, she was good in hiding. They would expect her to climb in a tree so she decided to hide in a bush she was all coverd in leaves so it would be very hard to notice her
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Adriannu listened as Kylarion explained that it was actually the acceleration one felt rather than the speed itself. He followed by admitting that there were ways to isolate the internal section of a ship, though he didn't understand the mechanics about doing so since it wasn't an area he had studied. He then started to explain some details of spaceship flight before suddenly stopping and even more curiously, the child spotted a small bit of light in one of his eyes. The magister promptly explained that he had been explaining too much which was against the law about uplifting creatures. At this, the child shrugged and said. "It's ok, I'd be lying if I said I understood what internial-frame-redefintinon even is and I only have a very foggy idea of what gravatic fields are since I think the first word involves gravity." Once again she had made a few mistakes repeating that concept, but one couldn't be too surprised by that and her lack of understanding.

The conversation then turned to the discussion of war crimes the way the third parties enforced them. Once he finished, Adriannu nodded. "That makes sense, though what happens to the people of a faction guilty of very severe war crimes? Since normally only a few high ranking people have any say regarding war and the commoners are forced to fight in it anyway. I never met my maternal grandfather or uncle since both were conscripted into a war. My grandfather died protecting my uncle from enemy soldiers and my uncle was executed a few months later for refusing to slaughter enemy villagers. What would happen to people like them if their faction committed war crimes?"

When the magister showed the hologram of his ship, the child rushed over and admired it with pure wonder before asking how big it was. The answer the magister gave only served to further astound her as demonstrated by her jaw dropped expression. "Wow, something that big can truly fly? It's like magic. If we keep Victi from getting the shards, can I ride in it even if only once? That would be a memory I'd could treasure for the rest of my life no matter what happens in it. But for now, I'll be happy just to see the shuttle and I promise not to sneak aboard it. Though, may I ask what an engine is?"

Yet she quickly grew somber again when the topic of discussion returned to Victi and she suggested tricking the kitsune into stealing one of her daggers and then take advantage of the sluggish effect to cut her hand off. However after Kylarion offered his doubts, she frowned and nodded, discarding that idea. Instead she quickly moved on to ask how Victi liked to play with those she didn't deem a threat. Illusions were apparently a favorite as was trying to mess with one's head. Well she was used fighting multiple opponents at once it was common for street thugs to form gangs for both offensive and defensive purposes. So it would be best to use the same tactics she would against a group by treating all the "Victi's as potentially being real.

As for her question regarding where to target when attacking Victi, he answered that in a rather effective way when he drew a knife and proceeded to stop his own hand only to be stopped a weird crackling form of light. At first the child looked rather annoyed until he mentioned the words break the skin. At that she suddenly gain a rather mischievous look, rotated the daggers in her hands ninety degrees and asked. "So if hit her with the flat side of the blade instead of the edges, that wouldn't trigger the barrier since it wouldn't break the skin right? If so, would that also apply to her tails? Also is there a limit to how blow attacks her defenses can ward off before they stop working?"

Adriannu still listened when he explained that death may be not be the answer and instead might be best to make her mission as high risk or better yet unachievable instead. So basically it sounded like to annoy and harass her instead instead of going for the kill if need be.

It was at that point that Raven and Lisa seemed to come up with some ideas of their own and thus she went silent to allow them to share. Contrary to what the two thought, their ideas were clearly not the same and she saw problems with both. "First off, try destroying my shard and I'll kill you. Secondly how do you propose to even get the other shards before Victi does and even if you do accomplish that, how would you provide the required blood? Using my shard to its fullest effect really sucks and that's just one shard. Do you plan to bleed yourself to death for this plan and no you can use someone else's blood as the power would then go to that someone else. It has to be your blood."
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"In my experience, with the level of technology we employ, soldiers on the field are rarely the ones to carry out such acts, and so it is mostly large ships and well-protected robotics facilities which are destroyed. Soldiers are given a chance to surrender, and are examined to determine their level of involvement or compliance with the worst of their orders. The situation in which innocents are conscripted into attrocities is understood. I cannot speak for lower technology levels where more acts are carried out by individuals," he explains, "and those who actively defy attrocious orders are given protection and recognition for their honour."

"It most assuredly can, and as for experiencing it.... perhaps," he replies on the topic of his ship, "An engine is a machine which converts some form of energy into mechanical motion. A mill, for example, uses an engine powered by flowing water or a walking horse. These are powered very differently, but still take in energy and produce motion."

"She does have certain protections against blunt impacts, but I doubt that the flat of your blades would activate them. Her tails may have more elaborate protections, she uses them to store objects which she would not want taken, but I certainly encourage you to try what you can," he says tentatively, "Be careful."

"Unfortunately, I suspect Ms. Raven's plan is the more.... fesable option of the two," he sighs, "Such old artifacts are notoriously difficult to break, especially since these ones are, by their very identity, already broken peices. You cannot break what is already broken, and their magic may reflect that. It would.... work, if you could provide enough blood from one person, but yes, it may be lethal to try. That said, a plan with some problems to solve along the way may be better than none at all, at least by a... small margine."

"While I have enjoyed speaking with you, I must depart soon. I have another appointment to prepare for, assuming the others travel as planned," he says, rising, "I can answer one more set of questions before my vessel arrives."
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Just to let everyone know, I'm going to probably be off for a while soon. Like, at the very least 6-7 hours, and probably all the way until I'm free from work 18 hours or so from now. We'll see what happens. Dazz may be around, but she's just moved for college, so she's having busy tiring days.

Probably not going to be an issue, but just as a heads up. Love you all! <3
I'm ALIVE!!!

Any yepyep. I'm a college girl now; hopefully everything will be alright once I actually get into a routine but right now I basically have no idea what's going on.
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"Greeeaaaaat," Victi sighs, "let's get this over with."

Dragon. She's seen the word, and.... yeah, that explained why this one was considered such a badass. Tough, strong, big, fast, agile, naturally magical.... the list went on and on.

Victi walked off toward where she'd left her Shriker, feeling like she had forgotten something. It wouldn't be untill they'd gotten up to speed that she would realize that what she'd forgotten was food.

"Yeah," Drake heaves a sigh and follows her. "Like pulling a thorn from your thumb- well, more like thrusting a rusty spike under your nail to pry out the thorn."

"...Are you sure you'd rather not look for someone else?"
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"No, the amount that she'll be a pain to deal with is directly proportionate to how optimal she is for the job," Victi grumbles, "I've got a few tricks that will convince her in a pinch, I hope. Or whoever leadership falls to."
At Adriannu's threat, Lisa laughs a little nervously, at this point on the fence about whether or not she should view this child as dangerous. Regardless, she interrupts her to explain: "If you really want to, you can keep your shard; we'd only have to destroy one to make her mission impossible, right?"

Hopefully, that calms the child enough that she can safely turn to address her familiar. "Raven, I have the exact same concerns as the girl. Did you-"

"We'd need to know where she's at on her little treasure hunt, but after that's managed, it should all fall into place."

The chimera's overwhelming horror at that idea wastes no time dissipating through the room. "That is NOT how good strategies work."

"Oh, please, miss 'let's just hope there's a way to grind the shards to dust!' Do you really think a trip to the library is gonna help us?"

"At least I have a destination in mind. You hardly know where Victi is, nevermind the fact that hunting her is a-"

"-a suicide mission, I know, but as far as I'm concerned, we're practically dangling from nooses right now."

Lisa's eyes widen, and she snarls. "That's awfully colorful, even from you."

"Am I wrong?"

When the magistrate chimes in and bolsters Raven's plan, Lisa relents for the time being. "Thank you for your time, Magistrate, but I'd personally rather not keep you waiting. We three have a...a lot to discuss." She forces a polite smile and nods her head. Her hands are clenched into fists by her side she squeezes her eyes shut for a few seconds, and then just like that, her smile relaxes and she seems calm again.
Other (played by DazzlingDragon)

Evelyn wrote:
Other wrote:
The drunkard lets out a sudden, pained gasp as Evelyn's fangs sink into his flesh. He struggles feebly for a few moments, yet still drugged up on sleep and alcohol, he can't do much but let out a strangled cry for help that goes soundly ignored. The vampire sucks the life from him in minutes and can safely move along.

As the sleeping man's body, now pallid and slack, slumps to the floor, the other drunkard turns around and totters back to his drinking buddy. "Oi, Max! 'Elp me find this damn 'keep. *hic*! Uh...Max?"

He crouches, then falls on his butt, next to the other man. "'Ey, wake'p." He shakes Max's shoulder. Nothing.

"Max?"

With a mighty grunt, he rolls the fresh, fat corpse over. His hands brush the two ugly flesh-wounds dug deep into his throat.
"Wha-!?" He draws his hand away and sees that his fingers have come off painted with fresh blood. He stares at the blood, then at the corpse, pale and unmoving, as he finally sees it for what it is. Dead.

"Oh no..."

Horror does a great job of sobering people up. He still teeters back and forth as he stands, but his hiccups disappear and he's much less concerned about getting another drink. "Who coulda' done this to..." The beer-induced haze in his mind slowly begins to clear as he remembers a young, almost ethereally beautiful lady with strange pink hair. "That witch! She killed ye, din't she? She suck out yer innards!"

"I'll kill 'er. I'll kill 'er if the last thin' ah ever do." The old drunk man stormed out of the tavern and out into the street. "VAMPIR'! AH'LL FIND YOU! YOU ROTTON SON OF A-" His slurred cries of anger fade with distance as the man tries to convince every nearby person that there's an evil vampire in town. Most people mock him or hastily turn the other cheek, as he is a raving drunkard. Others treat his story as plausible but don't seem eager to comb the woods for a vampire thus far only seen by a crazy drunk man. A few believe him easily and eagerly agree to take up arms to destroy this menace. His number of followers start to grow rapidly when he realizes he can show folks the body Evelyn had left behind. Not to mention that everyone is on edge after witnessing Victi's destructive but too-distant light show; several townies latch onto the idea of a common terror they could actually deal with.

So as Evelyn skips town, an enraged, grieving drunk gathers a mob to hunt for her.

She felt refreshed after her drink. She felt kinda bad but she was a vampire and she needed to. She kept running. She put the hood over her head. She wasn't worried about being found. She ran into the forest quickly and slowed once inside. She sighed and kept walking. She touched her snowflake hairpiece. "God, I hope nothing comes for me." She quickly sighed again.

Within an hour, the drunkard-led mob has gathered its weapons. Torches light the woods and the chants of angry villagers echo off the trunks of centuries-old tree trunks. It's likely they'll be hunting well into the night and some ways through the morning. After some information gathering, they know roughly the direction in which Evelyn took off, and intend to sweep that neck of the woods before circling around the village to the rest of forest.
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"No, the amount that she'll be a pain to deal with is directly proportionate to how optimal she is for the job," Victi grumbles, "I've got a few tricks that will convince her in a pinch, I hope. Or whoever leadership falls to."

Well. Her tricks have (mostly) worked so far. "Alright, alright." He slides into the back part of the Shriker's seat and waits for her to mount the bike, overall looking almost as put out by this ordeal as he was with first losing to Victi and getting shot in the hand combined.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"We're driving the Shriker as far as we can," Victi says as she gets into her spot and brings the vehicle's console to life, "I can overcharge the shields, it can help us fight, and we can use it as cover if things go wrong. Tell me what our approach is otherwise as we go."

The hover-bike slides forward, off toward the distant foothills.
Heh, how about 'Shard to Get Along' XD
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

puns are always good!

Unless you don't like puns.

But that would be sad.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus