Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Question what can Liliath do with the watershard?
dantefrancis wrote:
I know...knowing Neo,he's mostly going to reject the offer to go,and find his answers on his own

Okay, thank you for the clarification!
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Cookiesareyummie wrote:
Question what can Liliath do with the watershard?

Depends on the amount of blood she gives it!

A light cut would be enough to do the water warming trick for sure, as well as controlling underwater currents (swim super fast by making the water carry you! :D), finding water sources of particular types (where is the nearest spring/river/pond) or purifying water to be safe to drink. A bit more and she could redirct the flow of a stream or small river in a somewhat-natural way, create strong enough currents to sweep someone away, or create wave of probably 10-15 feet.

If she goes wild and, like, jams it in her leg or something.... how do water-tentacles, tsunamis (less available when not at an ocean, and will take time even if she is at the ocean shore), waterspouts, and raising geysers from the ground sound. :3
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

If anyone wants clarification on their shard stuff, lemme know! Avi help!
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Neo Sparda wrote:
After three minutes of walking,Neo and Raven came across a wall.He looked closely before seeing a wall."Goddamn it..."Neo then saw a slot,and figured he put the knife in,and it lead to a stair case leading down.He walked down,not really caring if Raven was gonna argue with him.After three minutes,they walked in a room which there was a portal.Blue flame torches were lit as it showed a portal,and part of it seemed to be for the knife."So this is it.Look inside."Neo wasn't a riddle guy,so he figured it was to look inside the temple.He put down Raven,before putting the knife in the slot.The lines on the floor and around the temple glowed.Before the portal showed another world."You got to be kidding me...",Angi said."What's that?""The Realm of the Angels...only your grandfather enter and destroyed all the portal,only for one be here still...Rudra wished you never came.But here we are."

Raven wanders around the room, the light of Agni's blade being more than enough to let her see the temple clearly. Although she sort of follows Neo just to keep that light in the corner of her eyes, she isn't exactly glued to his side as she explores crevices and stalks skulking vermin down the stairs. As they enter the portal-room, she yelps in-spite of herself as blue torches blaze to life and reveal a window into another realm. Her jaw drops and her shard clatters on the floor. "Woah..."

She creeps up behind Neo, peering into the Realm of the Angels. "Ooooo, Aaaah..."
Misc other wrote:
Aboard the Agate Breeze:

As Adriannu tries to get out of the bed, the healer snaps something in their language, gesturing for the girl to stay in place. The words may not be understood, but the incredulity, disbelief, and shock easily transcend the language barrier. They look toward Lisa in desperation as the wild-child wanders around their office.

((To clarify, the material is less like pottery and more like modern ceramics used for things like, say, the heat-proof hull tiles of space-shuttles or the ultra-smooth contact surfaces in joint replacement implants. The texture is like porcelain, with that sort of weird extreme smoothness, but it's shockingly tough.))

In spite of herself, Lisa chuckles at the healer's shock. She stands and calmly chases Adriannu down, crouching in front of her and extending her arms- shaking slightly and still stained with the child's blood -to either side of the child (without touching her, as she suspects that'd be met with clawing or biting.).

"Hey, hey, why don't we have a seat? I'll explain everything for you." She offers a gentle smile and hopes the girl agrees to her proposal.
Thank you
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

Neo walks up to the blue portal,looking through it.There's a arena in the far distance,a tower nearby.The sky is a blueish glow ."I can find all my answers here...tempting but no."Neo pulls the knife out the slot,and sees the portal dispels."Neo,you could of meet your other side of your mother..."Neo looked sadden by that,before summoningCerebusand swings one of the ice covered bars at the portal,destroying it and covering it in ice."I'll find out about my angelic side eventually."Neo started walking up the steps,not caring if Raven is following or not.

“What?” Raven can’t believe what she just watched him do.

“So let me get this straight; you have this awesome opportunity to explore some crazy new world, meet your mother, and learn hell knows what amazing things, and you literally destroy it?”

Raven trots to where she’s dropped her shard, and before picking it up again, cocks her head and asks, “Why?”
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
Victi doesn't have any reservations in her paranoia about how fast this 'ness can show up.

She laughs again at the failure of the brigands to do much more than slowly drag her sword around, and the temptation to recall it just.... itched in her fingertips. Okay, maybe that was the mana withdrawl, but she forced herself to wait either way, to save that trick for a better moment. Even though watching them all fall backward would be hilarious right now.

The awkward conversation between the group leader and the top 'ness herself was also fantastic, especially the assumption that killing heself and her ally would be so easy. Ah, whatever. She admired the confidence.

At the implied imminent arrival, though, she got slightly concerned.

She's surmised this dragon is considered magically powerful. What that actually means here though is up in the air. To be safe, she doesn't let herself assume that travel will be slow. Various forms of functional teleportation, time dilation, or magical supervelocitization all exist. Heck, they were all things Victi could do. She stays very ready for a sudden flash of scales and a thunderous sonic-boom to happen at any moment, realizing that her still-pumping headache, low mana, and itchy tingliness... and hunger, darn it, they'd forgotten to eat, gives her quite the selection of disadvantages.

She kept watch for movements in the sky, while also checking to make sure nobody did just try to stab her. It wouldn't have worked very well if they did, but it would still be incredibly annoying if it had happened.

Whether Aurora's hiding spot actually lies nearby or if she does have some magic to cut her travel time is unclear, but minutes later the steady rhythm of large, powerful wings can be heard overhead as a shadow falls over the gathering. The bandits and Drake freeze as the dragon circles around the group once, twice, and then folds her wings and dives. In a flash of pale blue and silver, she snatches Victi's greatsword in her fore-claws and hauls it into the sky, its weight slowing her ascent. That does not, however, seem to detract from her grace as she flies another loop and lands in the middle of the road. pinning the blade under her talons. She raises her head and surveys the scene with cold eyes, passing over most of her crew and settling on the two strangers.

Aurora might be a little smaller than Victi expected; the dragoness stands roughly nine feet tall and has a slender frame with her long serpentine neck and narrow abdomen. Despite this, she's well-toned, especially in regards to her legs, wings, and naturally, her large chest packed with flight muscles. Her head is small and compact, the rough contours of her jaw suggesting a powerful bite. Two pairs of horns, the top twice as long as the lower pair, sprout out of her skull and reach backward. A cord coils around her neck; attached to it is a wooden charm laden with small green gems, possibly emeralds. One fore-foot reaches up to hold it while she studies her "guests." Her tail lashes in barely concealed anger; an augmented blade glinting in the dim light.

Malcolm steps forward and kneels in front of her. "My Lady."

She snarls, "At ease, you fool."

He rises and steps away, keeping his gaze lowered. "Y-yes."

The dragon fixes her gaze on Drake first; a flash of recognition and unbridled hatred crosses her face, then she stops at Victi, a person who both as a race and an individual, is completely unfamiliar.

"State your interest in me."

Drake clears his throat and steps forward. "We'd like to-"

"Shut up, chimera. I asked your companion."

Neo sighed and asked Agni to calm Rudra down a bit before re-summoning in in his arm,keeping Cerebus out."Raven,the last time someone went through that portal,an invasion of both demons and angels came.And I won't go there unless I have to..."Once he reaches the stairs,he sat down and started thinking.So that was my 'surprise'.A literally portal to a realm.Mom could have told me this before she...disappeared

"Mph." That sounds like a legit reason. She sits on the beside him. She tilts her head and thinks. After this little escapade, she herself doesn't know what to do. She still doesn't particularly want to stay with Neo. In fact, she's tempted to abandon him now since this tiring temple trip done nothing beneficial for her except, perhaps, helping her gain a little of his trust.

Give him some more time. You might have another stab at the shard yet.

After allowing him a minute of silence, she sets her mouth free to ask, "So now what?"
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Simple: I have an object that got some peoples' attention, including at least one demon, and I intend to give you a large sum of money, mostly in gold, to protect it until we can re-supply enough to keep moving toward our objectives," Victi explains to the dragoness, seemingly unrattled by her arrival, "It will only be for four days at most, likely less but we won't cut the pay regardless. We heard that you're probably the only one around who has enough skill and prowess to handle this."

Her sword teleports back to her hand, and she plants it into the ground far enough to comfortably lean against the weapon's pommel. "I'm happy to give more specifics if need be. Oh, and if you have an enchantery, I could use an attuned location to simplify my own enchanting tasks. I won't need any of your equiment."

Yeah..... that sword call didn't do much for the headache or tinglies. Oh well. Hopefully it would give the impression she needed to give and not just tick the 'ness off.

"Food."Neo picks up Raven and head out the temple."There's a river nearby."Neo pretty good at fish...well his own version of fishing.He would go in a lake,and use fingers and toes to mimic worlds.Once a fish bite,he quickly grabs it and throws it to the shoreThough,something tries to catch his fish,but that's no longer a problem since Raven here...even though he has a feeling that she'll nibble on it."Any idea on what you want?"
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor began speaking in a cold tone. "Yeah. She did. Still insists on her original plan. But I can work with that. I figure, if we're currently moving away from town, and she's moving away from us, wherever she sells her shard should be back in that direction. Best results, she sells it back in my home town. That'll make it simple to retrieve. Slightly worse, she finds another town or a travelling merchant, just means we listen out for any kinda weird magic items gettin' picked up." And if it's the worst result..

Alastor tried to focus on the task ahead. "But that's for later. Let's just get to Neo and work out where we're going from there."
"Great... so shes selling the shard... let's just add that to the list of shit." She sighs. "Well, I dont think they are far. Should I fly us?" She asks in a serious tone. "Oh, and are you okay?" She tilts her head but she had no emotion.

“Food is good.” She says with a non-committal shrug. The cat paws at her shard, cradled on her chest again. She’s slightly surprised to realize she isn’t hungry. Her disinterest, she knows, has nothing to do with the fact that she’d recently eaten. Frustrating enough, she can’t quite put a paw on why, but she feels sick. And worried.

Ah, worried sick.

The detour into the temple was great and all, but it solved literally none of her problems. Lisa’s gone. Adriannu’s gone. Home’s gone. Her entire life as she knows it is gone and she kind of wants to hate Neo for it but she knows it all REALLY started when she and Liz picked up this green shard. She can rightfully blame this monster-armed moron for blowing up the cabin, but everything else falls on...her? Victi? The Magistrate? The lunatics who made and broke the Bloodied Vase?

“God, I hate stress.” says out loud, then laughs weakly. “You know what I mean, uh...Neo, right?”

"Agreed...and I'm sorry for destroying your home."Neo think of ways that he could apologize,but only thought of two way.One,he could help her find others,as she looks like she's worried about something.Or two,he rebuilds the cabin and make it stronger.He thought about that as he step out the entrance of the temple and walks to the river.After an unbearable silence, he asked,"Do you think it was a good idea to destroy the portal?"

Raven blinks, surprised that he’s suddenly apologizing. “Eh, we’re cool, for now.” She can’t decide if they actually are “cool,” but the mostly indifferent response lets them easily change the subject.

“Pssh...based on what you told me, probably,” she says. “But I don’t actually know anything about it.” Raven sees the river, grabs her shard and rolls out of his arms, landing clumsily on her feet. She rests the artifact in between her paws and lies on the riverbank to watch the water roll by.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus