Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

"No I can stay here on my own, you can both go I can take care of myself here."
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Neo Sparda wrote:
"Magical Sonar.I use most of my power,put in the shard,and let it go.It helps me figure out the current location of the shards.But a good power like this had drawback.I can't heal,nor move until 5 mins.At least that was the amount I counted..."Neo said.He felt the cat on his leg,but didn't care.The cat was his only company,and he hope talking to it more so he doesn't become crazy.

As Neo explains how he tracks the shards, the cat stares at him blankly like she has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. She holds this face until he finishes speaking.

"Ooof..." Raven hisses a breath and mockingly cringes as he explains the consequences of his spell. "That's rough."

She lets a silence draw between them until she's certain it's become uncomfortable. "So can I hold your shiny for a second?"
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

"Shiny?Don't you mean shard.No."Neo might be talking but he doesn't trust the talking cat.He uses the same flash to put the shard away.

“Aw...” an opportunity missed, Raven draws a heartbroken expression. Although disappointed, she’d have been more surprised if he agreed.

Ah, well. She continues to play the part of a ditz and comments, “It’s a beautiful shiny, though. I wish I could have one like it.”

"There's one in the grass."Neo said bluntly."Also,stop playing dumb.Your smarter then you look,Cat."

“Oh, that? How’d you know about my-“ she does know how he knows, but her surprise is part of the act.

She stops abruptly, then smiles and lowers her voice to a whisper. “Oh, It’s nothing, really, just part of my secret trinket collection. Secret, I mean it. Don’t tell anyone, or else I’ll claw out your eyes,” she punctuates this by flexing her claws and flashing a manic grin.

She allows the threat to hang for a moment, then dissolves into a giggle fit that should assure him she’s kidding. She is, mostly. Raven’s still kind of pissed about the whole deal of wrecking her home and disappearing her friends and allies, but she knows that actually trying to tear into this guy would probably end badly for her.

“Heh, ha....I mean, duh. I’m smarter than I look. I’m a cat; do I look like I should be able to talk with you? Hah hah!”

"No,but in this world...anything possible."He would sit up and the stone knife that was on the floor,would glow dimly,which Neo paid attention to.He grabbed it and looked at it."What are you trying to do?"He would wave it around,and at a certain angle,would glow brigther. He would get up,and kept the knife in his hand.He looked at the talking cat before saying,"You gonna follow?"

Raven cocks her head to the left, weighing her options. She could reject the offer and lay low to look for the others, or she can follow this stranger who apparently has explosive powers that might fry her at any moment.

He also has a shard. She’d quite like to have it and she doesn’t intend to tell him why, better to play along and snatch it away when the time is right; the less she has to totally cooperate with him, the better.

“I suppose; it’s been awfully quiet around here after- oh, you know...” her voice trails off into a bitter growl; she clearly, and perhaps rightfully, blames him for not just the egregious destruction of property, but also for the vanishing of her companions.

I wonder if it even was a power malfunction, she thinks. He is a stranger, who has a shard which he uses to track the others, and he blasted a hole in my cabin.

“On second thought...” she backs away from him, regarding his glowy knife with a cold stare. Then her gaze drifts to the area behind him, and her eyes widen as if she was just struck with a brilliant idea. She crouches, wiggles her butt, and pounces behind Neo, lashing around in the dirt for a moment as if attacking invisible foes, then in a flash she gallops over to the tall grass and snatches her shard. Her mouth is still bleeding, but she ignores the shard’s response. After taking a moment to get recomposed, she returns to Neo’s side looking immensely proud of herself for reasons she won’t disclose.

“Mless goh!”

Neo would look at the cat as if it was wondering what to do.I mean,he did Accidentally destroyed her home.And if the cat wanted to stay,so be it.When the cat growl,Neo immediately knew that it was blaming him,and he didn't blame it.However when he saw her pounce and attack the dirt,he shook his head not understanding why it did.When it grabbed the shard,and wanted to come,Neo nodded and started walking were the the knife wanted him to be.

After about...I don't know, two hours.The two reached a temple,which Neo groaned to.He knows the temple,as it was the one where his family used to live in.The knife stopped glowing,and Neo looked at the entrance.It was covered in vines,and the entrance was big.Neo sighed as he summoned Agni to use a torch,and walked in

Raven makes herself a nuisance for a good half of the walk by talking nearly non-stop about completely pointless subjects, her spiel made nigh incomprehensible thanks to the fact that she has to carry her shard in her mouth.

Only droopy eyes and sore feet get her to shut up through the other half. When they reach the temple, she flops on the ground with a defeated sob, tossing the shard onto the temple’s steps. “Alright, you win! Finish me, you tireless monster!”

She rolls over onto her belly and sees he’s completely ignoring her, instead summoning a fiery blade and crossing the entrance. “What! More walking?” She groans and hauls herself to her feet.

“This better be worth it,” she hisses under her breath and follows him.

"You know of you want,I could just carry you the rest of the way if you want"Neo said."Why didn't you ask it before?!"Agni yelled,pissed at him."It didn't ask."Neo said."Your a smartass,a good fighter when it comes down to it,but a smartass.""I know."Neo said.Neo then stops,and looks at the cat."Want to take the offer?"
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Lisa Adrean Adeptus wrote:
The door closes so quickly, and quietly enough that she doesn't notice it first. Then she turns and realizes she's trapped. "That sly son of a-EEK!"

She backs into the wall as the floor drops several stories, praying to all the gods she'd ever heard of that Adriannu doesn't wake up to her shrieking and heavy, panicked gasps for breath.

Everything goes still, a cheery disembodied voice speaks in an alien language, and the door slides open. Lisa laughs weakly and stumbles through the door toward the med bay.

The line leads to a small room with another of the vulpine creatures waiting inside, along with a bed and a modest desk, made of the same odd white material as the walls. It doesn't look painted.. The... doctor? nurse? healer? nods to her politely, and gesture to the soft-looking bed. Upon setting Adriannu on it, a few small floating objects come out of the side of the bed and whirl around her. The healer gestures for Lisa to leave.

“Yes, please!” She affirms. The animal stands and limps toward him. Unclear on where the second voice just came from, she snickers and presses herself against his leg as she waits to get picked up. “So, do you serve yourself those compliment sandwiches often?”
Lisa sets Adriannu on the bed, jumping back when strange contraptions begin to circle her; she nearly snatches the child back, afraid of what the machines intend to do, when the kitsune healer directs her to leave.

“What? no- I-I mean,” Lisa looks at the girl, under the care of their advanced technology and having no need of a lowly Chimeran witch.

Still, she wants to stay, just to be sure the child wakes up safely and in familiar, if disliked, company. She draws a breath and addresses the healer as calmly as she can. “Please, let me stay with her.”

"What's a compliment sandwich."Agni said,while Neo picked up the cat."By gods,Agni...Actually I don't know what is a compliment sandwich.Doesn't sound it's for eating.""Guess what Rudra would say to that..."Agni,knowing his twin sword,simply said,"This is why you live with people,instead of living like a nomadic in the wild.""True,but remember...We got to an continent where only monster exist."Neo and Agni have a smirk as if they had the same idea."And they were a goddamned challenge...but that made the fight even more fun."Neo and Agni laughed a bit before Agni said,"We should go back after all this.""Agreed."
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"Technically it's 'what business do we intend to have with your boss,' but I'll answer anyway," Victi clarifies, probably unhelpfuly, "We intend to offer her a significant amount of money, primarily in gold, to keep hold of a thing we found, which we suspect someone may be tracking, until we are better equipped to travel with it in spite of those dangers, which should only take a..."

Victi suddenly stops, squeezing her eyes shut for a moment as she is abruptly wracked with a throbbing headache and unpleasant tingling in her hands and sides.

From the distance the bandits are at, it (hopefully) looks like she's just thinking intently about scheduling or some-such, but Drake, next to her, can probably recognize the pain.

".... a c-couple days, four at the very most" she finishes hurriedly as the wave of mana-withdrawl symptomes ends, "Need to get the right kit together to deal with the kind of people hunting this thing."

Drake does notice but holds his ground, knowing he can’t draw attention to what the thugs will view as a display of weakness. Still, he shoots her a discreet, worried look.

Only a few of the more observant bandits notice she might actually be in pain, and whisper to their neighbors. The “leader” frowns, not taking kindly to having his sentences corrected by some hack vixen-creature with a fancy sword. Still, the offer intrigues him, and it might just intrigue Aurora.

“Hmmm...she might be willing to talk.” He cautiously steps forward. “Remove all your weapons, first.”

To this, Drake scoffs. Typical. He removes his sword sheath from his back to show that it’s empty, then waits to see Victi’s next move before he surrenders his smaller daggers and the tools he hides under his coat.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

The healer looks at her in confusion and folds back their ears in irritation, starting to repeat the gesture. Before their hand moves much, they pause, as if hearing something.

A moment later, they gesture to the chair by the small desk and return their attention to the sleeping, and now rapidly recovering girl.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Sure, here," Victi says, forcing herself to regain her full composure long enough to play her favourite indulgent trick. She first drops the grenades from her tails (as if these people would even know what they were), and then holds out the sword's long handle, happy to let this mook try to lift the massive osmium-cored blade. It was always funny. Not that she could normally lift it either, but it had specific enchantments that let her do so. Still, funny.

"That's everything I've got on me, other than my spellcasting, of course," she states.

Neo Sparda wrote:
"What's a compliment sandwich."Agni said,while Neo picked up the cat."By gods,Rudra...Actually I don't know what is a compliment sandwich.Doesn't sound it's for eating.""Guess what Rudra would say to that..."Agni,knowing his twin sword,simply said,"This is why you live with people,instead of living like a nomadic in the wild.""True,but remember...We got to an continent where only monster exist."Neo and Agni have a smirk as if they had the same idea."And they were a goddamned challenge...but that made the fight even more fun.""We should go back after all this.""Agreed."

Raven, now cradling her shard in-between her forepaws, flattens her ears in confusion before realizing that: “Ah, your swords can speak.”

The cat watches Agni’s “face” move as it talks and asks, “So where did you come from?”
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor's eyes didn't shift from Liliath as he spoke. "You go ahead Jules. However this goes, I'll catch up in a second." Taking a deep breath to try and calm himself, he walked forward and sat down near Liliath. "Alright kid. We've explained why we want to do what we feel is right. You obviously aren't interested in that. So why don't we flip the script?" Alastor leaned forward slightly, a stern expression showing. "What's your plan here? You want to stay here, but I can't figure out why." Well, I got one idea, but let's keep that to ourselves. Accusations ain't going to help here. "We'll be taking all our gear with us, and this path ain't safe to return to, given the line of broken trees nearby. Not only that, we've established pretty well that this forest is dangerous. But despite all that, you're certain that you need to stay here. What's going on in that head of yours, eh?"

"I want you to answer honestly, and once you do I want you to know that I'm going after Neo with Jules. I just hope you realise that if you decide to stay here after that, we probably won't ever meet again, and I'm willing to bet there won't be many others to meet out here." Alastor's expression didn't light up at any point during his talk. If anything, the more he spoke, the more he looked exhausted. He wanted to find a solution to the problem before him, but it seemed like nothing short of knocking Liliath out and carrying her was going to get her to budge. Bloody hells. I've seen loan collectors less stubborn than you, kid.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus