Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Misc other wrote:
The healer looks at her in confusion and folds back their ears in irritation, starting to repeat the gesture. Before their hand moves much, they pause, as if hearing something.

A moment later, they gesture to the chair by the small desk and return their attention to the sleeping and rapidly recovering girl.

Lisa mirrors their confusion and then nearly repeats herself before wondering, Does this one also know my language?

Apparently not, as the kitsune moves to repeat the silent command before pausing and then changing direction, thankfully guiding Lisa to a chair. The chimera lowers her head in thanks and takes a seat.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

The healing process is.... odd, and almost disturbingly efficient. The small floating instruments whirl around, shine lights at the dormant girl, and beep quietly every so often. The healer looks between Adriannu and a projected image of some kind with wavy lines, strips of darker and lighter colour shortening and lengthening slightly, and symboles constantly flicking and alternating. Toward the end, only a minute or two into the process, they cast a few spells before seeming done.
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"Sure, here," Victi says, forcing herself to regain her full composure long enough to play her favourite indulgent trick. She first drops the grenades from her tails (as if these people would even know what they were), and then holds out the sword's long handle, happy to let this mook try to lift the massive osmium-cored blade. It was always funny. Not that she could normally lift it either, but it had specific enchantments that let her do so. Still, funny.

"That's everything I've got on me, other than my spellcasting, of course," she states.

Drake hesitantly surrenders two daggers, a pocket knife, and a set of blowdarts and accompanying vials. Then one of the men insists that they cuff a pair of bracelets around his wrists, to this, to which he starts to argue saying they should be allowed to keep their magic in the presence of a dragon.

Meanwhile, the thug directly negotiating with Victi tries to take the sword. He pulls it from her hand and immediately gravity takes over and the several-hundred-pound blade plummets to the ground, taking the fellow's upper body with it. "What the hell!" He tugs on the handle, cursing up a storm as he struggles to lift it. "Oi, come help me over here!"

The guy arguing with Drake turn and stare. The chimera snorts back laughter. Some of the bandits do, too, but the amusement fades as one by one they try to lift the sword and all fail. The scene culminates into them trying to lift it together with the exception of one man, who draws back and brushes his finger against a leather choker with strange inscriptions on it. They glow faintly at his touch and he speaks into them in a hushed but frustrated tone.

"My Lady, this is Malcolm. Report?"

For a moment, he stands silent, not noticing Drake pickpocket one of his daggers back from the distracted thieves and tucking it under his coat.

Another voice, clearly female, but low and inhumanly gruff, comes to life. Her answer comes quietly, imperceptible to any normal ears, but both Victi and Drake have the sense of hearing needed to safely eavesdrop.

"...Report. What is it?"
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

Raven wrote:
Neo Sparda wrote:
"What's a compliment sandwich."Agni said,while Neo picked up the cat."By gods,Rudra...Actually I don't know what is a compliment sandwich.Doesn't sound it's for eating.""Guess what Rudra would say to that..."Agni,knowing his twin sword,simply said,"This is why you live with people,instead of living like a nomadic in the wild.""True,but remember...We got to an continent where only monster exist."Neo and Agni have a smirk as if they had the same idea."And they were a goddamned challenge...but that made the fight even more fun.""We should go back after all this.""Agreed."

Raven, now cradling her shard in-between her forepaws, flattens her ears in confusion before realizing that: “Ah, your swords can speak.”

The cat watches Agni’s “face” move as it talks and asks, “So where did you come from?”

"Sorry,I can only tell you I'm related to Neo in some way."Neo knows Agni loyalty,unlike Rudra would just blurt it out like he didn't care"He's right."He's right.Neo was holding weapons related to him,but not his family.But he consider them so.After walking through.the knife near Raven glowed and they reached...a wall."The hell?!"He gently puts down Raven before he does something stupid.He waved Agni around before seeing a hole that look like it's meant for the knife.He would put it in and twisted it to the right.Surprisingly that worked and saw a long stairway.His curiosity peaked,and he grabbed Raven and the knife,and proceed to go down.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"What's wrong, boys? I know I'm in pretty good shape, but that you're having so much trouble just lifting a blade that a critter like me can whirl around with one hand..." she tsks in disappointment, "Your boss will be so unimpressed with you."

Then the one named Malcolm gets on primitive coms with the boss in question. Were she doing better, Victi might have been tempted to disrupt them eventually, but for now she was more interested in getting back to a more full mana supply. For now, hopefully he'd give intel and/or say something funny.

Gods did she miss messing with cheap goons.
"Sure I'll wait for you by the broken tree path." She gives a little smile then turns to lean on a broken tree.

Why cant things just go right... when do I get a vacation from all this hunting and running... I'm so mentally and physically drained that I just want to sleep for 10 million years. But I must not let it show.

She thinks yet no emotion could be read as she looks off into the woods.

We're coming Neo. Just hold on.
Victi’s mockery is met with several much less polite ways to say “screw you, ye lady dog,” as the crew continues trying to heave the sword from the ground.

Meanwhile, Malcolm continues his report with the boss. He shifts from foot to foot and speaks slowly, trying to word his explanation very carefully. "Well, you see- we have encountered a pair of travelers looking to do business with you."

The voice on the other end sighs wearily. "You know what to do; take their gear, cuff them and bring them to me."

"Aye, My Lady, but we've run into a few...complications."

"If they resist, kill them."

Malcolm chuckles nervously, to which the voice does not take kindly. "Excuse me?"

"A-ah, resistance isn’t really the issue, at least I think so. We can't-"

"Can't what?"

The bandit gulps. "W-we literally can't pick up the weapon."

On the other end, the speaker snarls and mutters something. The phrase comes across much more faint, as if she has turned away from whatever device she has on her end. It sounds like a phrase along the lines of, "Must I do all myself?" Then there’s silence.

Malcolm strokes the choker again and says, "Boss?" Nothing. "M-my Lady?" When his leader fails to respond a second time, his face goes white.

Hearing the conclusion to his talk, Drake’s amused expression falters. His eyes again dart to the sky, not that Aurora can appear over their heads in seconds or anything. Right?
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Victi doesn't have any reservations in her paranoia about how fast this 'ness can show up.

She laughs again at the failure of the brigands to do much more than slowly drag her sword around, and the temptation to recall it just.... itched in her fingertips. Okay, maybe that was the mana withdrawl, but she forced herself to wait either way, to save that trick for a better moment. Even though watching them all fall backward would be hilarious right now.

The awkward conversation between the group leader and the top 'ness herself was also fantastic, especially the assumption that killing heself and her ally would be so easy. Ah, whatever. She admired the confidence.

At the implied imminent arrival, though, she got slightly concerned.

She's surmised this dragon is considered magically powerful. What that actually means here though is up in the air. To be safe, she doesn't let herself assume that travel will be slow. Various forms of functional teleportation, time dilation, or magical supervelocitization all exists. Heck, they were all things Victi could do. She stays very ready for a sudden flash of scales and a thunderous sonic-boom to happen at any moment, realizing that her still-pumping headache, low mana, and itchy tingliness... and hunger, darn it, they'd forgotten to eat, gives her quite the selection of disadvantages.

She kept watch for movements in the sky, while also checking to make sure nobody did just try to stab her. It wouldn't have worked very well if they did, but it would still be incredibly annoying if it had happened.
Alastor Kain wrote:
Alastor's eyes didn't shift from Liliath as he spoke. "You go ahead Jules. However this goes, I'll catch up in a second." Taking a deep breath to try and calm himself, he walked forward and sat down near Liliath. "Alright kid. We've explained why we want to do what we feel is right. You obviously aren't interested in that. So why don't we flip the script?" Alastor leaned forward slightly, a stern expression showing. "What's your plan here? You want to stay here, but I can't figure out why." Well, I got one idea, but let's keep that to ourselves. Accusations ain't going to help here. "We'll be taking all our gear with us, and this path ain't safe to return to, given the line of broken trees nearby. Not only that, we've established pretty well that this forest is dangerous. But despite all that, you're certain that you need to stay here. What's going on in that head of yours, eh?"

"I want you to answer honestly, and once you do I want you to know that I'm going after Neo with Jules. I just hope you realise that if you decide to stay here after that, we probably won't ever meet again, and I'm willing to bet there won't be many others to meet out here." Alastor's expression didn't light up at any point during his talk. If anything, the more he spoke, the more he looked exhausted. He wanted to find a solution to the problem before him, but it seemed like nothing short of knocking Liliath out and carrying her was going to get her to budge. Bloody hells. I've seen loan collectors less stubborn than you, kid.

"I want to sell my shard so that i can buy a castle for you me and Neo and Jules , Jules I am not sure anymore.So that we are all happy and then i'll be a princess. Promise you won't tell Jules, it was supposed to be some kind of surprise for everybody. Don't take my shard from me alright?"
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Soon after being treated, Adriannu would start to stir and her eyelids fluttered as she returned to consciousness. Upon waking up, she instantly sat up reached for the shard wrapped around her neck. Feeling the shard's crude sheath in her grasp helped to reassure the child and thus she moved on to examining her surroundings. The Cathera found herself in a very strange white room that was decidedly unlike anything she had ever seen before. For one, at first she didn't even recognize the material the walls were made out and only later after touching them would she realize that it was made out of ceramic like the clay pots she was far more used to. Another thing was that this bed was so very comfortable, much more so than anything she had ever slept on even prior to becoming an orphan. Yet as tempting as the bed was, her curiosity about this room.

Looking around, she saw another fox like humanoid which she assumed belonged to the same species as the Magistrate and importantly Lisa, but not Raven. "Where am I Lisa and where is Raven? What happened to me? The last thing I remember is dodging something...human shaped I think crashing into the cabin." While waiting for Lisa to answer her questions, she got out of bed and looked around for the new daggers she had been given, looking noticeably displeased upon failing to find them. Adriannu then examined the room some more, looking at all the strange holographic images with both confusion, but a small hint of wonder too.
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor let out a deep sigh. "Still on that, huh? Fine." Alastor stood up. "Well if you're heading another direction, I shouldn't keep you here any longer. Y'know, yer a tough one, kid. Different circumstance, I'd love to see what kinda mischief we coulda got up to around town."

"Y'know, you manage to succeed with yer wish, I'd love to see the castle you got." Alastor pointed over in a direction, towards his hometown. "You ever need to meet up with me, just head to the town over that way. I got some friends in the slums, at an orphanage there. Just tell 'em yer looking for Al. They'll find a way to contact me. Oh, and don't be too hard on Julesy. I remember her being your first friend, back when ya thought Neo and I were weird. Imagine if she hadn't been there, eh? If yer coming with us, c'mon. Better keep pace. If not... catch you later, Monkey. Take care of yerself." He shot one last smile, before turning towards the line of broken trees.

Alastor moved up beside Jules. "C'mon. We should get moving. Neo ain't gonna wait forever." All of his usual confidence and energy had been replaced with a stone-faced expression. He didn't even wait for a response from anybody before he began walking forwards.
Liliath started tearing up "I promise when I have my castle I will visit you. I will miss you, bye." Liliath waved and when Alastor started walking away she walked away to the opposite direction. She started runnign searching for anybody who would buy her shard

Aboard the Agate Breeze:

As Adriannu tries to get out of the bed, the healer snaps something in their language, gesturing for the girl to stay in place. The words may not be understood, but the incredulity, disbelief, and shock easily transcend the language barrier. They look toward Lisa in desperation as the wild-child wanders around their office.

((To clarify, the material is less like pottery and more like modern ceramics used for things like, say, the heat-proof hull tiles of space-shuttles or the ultra-smooth contact surfaces in joint replacement implants. The texture is like porcelain, with that sort of weird extreme smoothness, but it's shockingly tough.))
She sighs and follows Alastor. "I take it she stuck to her stubbornness." She says as she looks back for a moment. She sees her running away before she continues to follow Alastor.
Liliath looked to her shard "Let's test this thing out." Liliath looked over her shoulder, good they were not following after her. She cut open her hand with the shard and walked to a nearby lake "Alright." Liliath simply jumped in the water waiting for anything to happen the water started getting warmer "I did, i did!" Liliath climbed out the water again "Look Alas-" She sighed realizing she had left him. She continued walking "Who wants to buy a shard?" Liliath yelled
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

After three minutes of walking,Neo and Raven came across a wall.He looked closely before seeing a wall."Goddamn it..."Neo then saw a slot,and figured he put the knife in,and it lead to a stair case leading down.He walked down,not really caring if Raven was gonna argue with him.After three minutes,they walked in a room which there was a portal.Blue flame torches were lit as it showed a portal,and part of it seemed to be for the knife."So this is it.Look inside."Neo wasn't a riddle guy,so he figured it was to look inside the temple.He put down Raven,before putting the knife in the slot.The lines on the floor and around the temple glowed.Before the portal showed another world."You got to be kidding me...",Angi said."What's that?""The Realm of the Angels...only your grandfather enter and destroyed all the portal,only for one be here still...Rudra wished you never came.But here we are."

At the ruins of the cabin:

There's a small, dull, clinking sound for a moment, but then it's gone. Since Raven and Neo are probably a few minutes into their long journey, and the others aren't there, nobody notices that Adriannu's daggars have been spirited away by an unseen person.

At the small forest lake, also known as "bigwater" to the nearby Gibbler tribe goblins:

Wobigub hears a call from the lake. A Humee? Sounds like a humee! Good for stab, better for eat is the humees! He kicked Jubib to wake him up. Didn't work. He kicked Jubib in the head a few more time.

Oh, Jubib was dead. No wonder he did no wake up! He was no dead when started kickin', but things happen quick.

He punched Muglee, and that worked better.

"Sounds like a humee in the big water." he whispered to Muglee loudly, "We should stab them."

And so the two idiotic goblins crept over to the shoreline after grabbing their spears, looking at the tiny humee in the water. She looked very stabbable.
Dante, quick reminder that players aren’t allowed to leave the planet’s manasphere (AKA orbit) for go to another realm/dimension, mostly for logic and story reasons. While referencing and perhaps peering through a magic window into the Angel Realm is fine, Neo cannot enter it.
Quote:
When I mean most kinds of magic, I mean that magic that can take a character off-planet or to an alternate dimension/plane is off-limits.
Liliath thought that the lake was a pretty good swimming pool. She splashed the water around "If I get my castle I will fix that I get a swimmingpool as well." Liliath decided to start swimming "Swim, swim swim in my swimmingpool. Maybe when I get my castle I can get a swimmingpool to." She sang.
I know...knowing Neo,he's mostly going to reject the offer to go,and find his answers on his own

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus