Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

"Technically it's 'what business do we intend to have with your boss,' but I'll answer anyway," Victi clarifies, probably unhelpfuly, "We intend to offer her a significant amount of money, primarily in gold, to keep hold of a thing we found, which we suspect someone may be tracking, until we are better equipped to travel with it in spite of those dangers, which should only take a..."

Victi suddenly stops, squeezing her eyes shut for a moment as she is abruptly wracked with a throbbing headache and unpleasant tingling in her hands and sides.

From the distance the bandits are at, it (hopefully) looks like she's just thinking intently about scheduling or some-such, but Drake, next to her, can probably recognize the pain.

".... a c-couple days, four at the very most" she finishes hurriedly as the wave of mana-withdrawl symptomes ends, "Need to get the right kit together to deal with the kind of people hunting this thing."
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Neo Sparda wrote:
"Ok, termites are getting on my nerves," he said to himself. He attempted to pull himself off, and his arms went immediate demon- the same read veins and cracked armor -as he thought. The arms made burnt marks on the branch, making some come out. "Goddammit!"

And with that he punched the wood, causing it to break. He pulled it out completely, breathing heavily. He sat himself down, his body overheated and in pain from the sudden use of power. Great! now my demonic power is acting up too. The mist came back and cooled his body. He decides to take out a small carving that was glowing blue and surrounded by rock. There was a dragon the top and a curved blade underneath. He grabbed the small short and continued carving the blade.

Raven springs into the air at the new voice, her back arching as her hackles rise to challenge this new threat. That guy, he's alive! You don't just get thrown through a house and stabbed in the chest and then survive.

Although she's normally capable of laughing in the face of the dangerous unknown, Neo had introduced himself by nearly killing them and as far as she knows making her friends disappear. Accident or not, the danger he presents is too great for even her to brave. Raven scoops up her shard in her mouth and runs.

She races two or three meters before stumbling. The clay piece's jagged edge slices the roof of her mouth. It stings like she'd grabbed a mouthful of wasps, but that pain fades along with any notion of running away when she feels the magic coursing through her tiny body.

Raven has never cast a spell in her life, has only had magic cast on her a few times, and had no idea what to expect when she accidentally tested the shard. The sensation of unnatural power, growing stronger as blood oozes from the wound and soaks into the artifact's hungry surface, at first summons petrifying terror.

Then she realizes she can use it.

The magic flows from the shard into her bloody palate and through her body, then out through her toes into the life all around her. The plants! She can feel the...heartbeat of the plants around her. She can manipulate them, in fairly limited ways, of course. She tests this on the grass at her feet, commanding it to grow to her eye-level. "Amazing..."

She laughs, a little maniacally. The magic has faded now, but the experience gives her all the bravado she needs to prowl back toward Neo, throwing together a game of twenty questions for the boy who should not be alive.

"Hey, you," she spits out the shard at her feet and snarls. "You know we had a door, right?"
Misc other wrote:
"Apparently, she did not have clear enough desire to leave for my contingency to teleport her with us," he says with a sigh, both due to Lisa's distress and the fact that her tail just butchered a very expensive sofa in said distress.

"If it is okay with you, we will take her to the medical bay. There, we can treat her and ensure her recovery using our technology. You may accompany her. Ah yes, and while we are on the subject, I welcome you to the Agate Breeze, and extend unto you both my formal hospitality," he says, bowing politely to Lisa.

Indeed, beyond the large, very clear window in one wall of the room lies a view of the night sky heavily dominated by a green and blue orb, and what looks like a moon off to the right.....

After giving the explanation some thought, Lisa knits her brow. She pulls a face like she's not surprised at all and swears. "Of course, she didn't."

Lisa stares out the window, briefly frozen in awe by her planet viewed from orbit, set on the backdrop of a dazzling night sky. "That's..." she runs her hand along with Adriannu's slick silver hair. "Yes, please." She repositions herself so her arms wrap around the back of the child's head and under her knees. She rises to her feet holding Adriannu, her knees shaking horribly enough that it seems she may fall, but she manages to stay standing for the girl's sake. "Lead, and I-I'll follow."
Neo Sparda (played by dantefrancis)

Neo was still carving his stone,making the blade part more defined.He looked around and saw a cat ran away.Must be surprised at how I'm still alive...He focused the stone a bit more,trying to make the dragon head more pronged to.He then lead his head back and tried to remember on what the stone dragon looked like.However when ever he attempts this,it's a bunch of good memories,then slowly goes to hell.Memories slowly became bad,and that when he raised his head.He looked looked at it,and decide to make it in his own image.The stone glowed blue,as if it was trying to tell him something."Hey mystic stone or whatever you are,if you got answers for me.Please let me know..."The stone continued to glow,and Neo groaned.I'm might be losing my mind...He decide to continue carving,making the handles,the tail with pincer at the end.However he started carving a message into it,as if something told him to.After that,the knife was finished and he looked at the message."The answer is inside?"There was more,du4 to that beginning the,but didn't understand

However what caught his attention,was that there was a talking cat.It didn't phase him,but still.And he decided to answer it's question."One I didn't mean to crash into your home and,it kind of hard to control your powers when both your angelic and demonic powers is most likely discharging,meaning if I leave took a step,I could release a small pulse to burn everything,or do bouce through the tree again.Then again,I don't know the true extend of my powers."
Rather than leading her himself, a blue line shimmers into existence in the air, leading out of the room, down a short, carpetted hall, and out into.... a surprisingly open space. They're on a balcony a few floors up, overlooking a broad section of floorspace that seems to be broken up into rows of desks where dozens of other furred creatures seem to be working on.... something? a lot of somethings? but with no real objects, only images suspended in the air. Others mill about in the floor space, or along the overlooks on the levels below.

The guiding line leads off to the left, and into a small circular room, only a couple meters across. There's a panel on the wall, but it just shows a line of unreadable symbols and an arrow pointing down.
Lisa eyes the faintly glowing guideline apprehensively while waiting for the Magistrate to move. Then, realizing he doesn't plan to, steels herself and follows the line.

She presses poor Adriannu against her chest and steps onto the balcony, narrowly avoiding the shock of seeing the sheer scale of the ship by focusing solely on that line. Her heart is pounding by the time she hits the circular dead-end, her having gotten just enough of a look at the Agate to know that trying to comprehend all she has seen today would drive her insane.

And now, here she stands in a tiny room clutching a girl who's threatening to bleed out in her arms. She blinks at the panel, and her shock turns into a steely glare as she growls, "What? Where's the medical bay?"
The door closes behind her, the arrow on the pannel moves down, another coming in from the top, and the elevator descends fairly swiftly. After less than twelve seconds, it has dropped six floors to a level under the open space seen from above.

The elevator says something that sounds very polite which Lisa cannot understand, and the door opens with a Ding!

Following the line will lead all the way to a bed where a young doctor or nurse is waiting.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Neo Sparda wrote:
Neo was still carving his stone,making the blade part more defined.He looked around and saw a cat ran away.Must be surprised at how I'm still alive...He focused the stone a bit more,trying to make the dragon head more pronged to.He then lead his head back and tried to remember on what the stone dragon looked like.However when ever he attempts this,it's a bunch of good memories,then slowly goes to hell.Memories slowly became bad,and that when he raised his head.He looked looked at it,and decide to make it in his own image.The stone glowed blue,as if it was trying to tell him something."Hey mystic stone or whatever you are,if you got answers for me.Please let me know..."The stone continued to glow,and Neo groaned.I'm might be losing my mind...He decide to continue carving,making the handles,the tail with pincer at the end.However he started carving a message into it,as if something told him to.After that,the knife was finished and he looked at the message."The answer is inside?"There was more,du4 to that beginning the,but didn't understand

However what caught his attention,was that there was a talking cat.It didn't phase him,but still.And he decided to answer it's question."One I didn't mean to crash into your home and,it kind of hard to control your powers when both your angelic and demonic powers is most likely discharging,meaning if I leave took a step,I could release a small pulse to burn everything,or do bouce through the tree again.Then again,I don't know the true extend of my powers."

Raven sneers, disregarding his excuse with a cold, unforgiving glare. "So I guess you can't tell me if your powers also made everyone disappear?" She hisses and spits his way, angry and convinced she has an edge over him with the shard under her paws.

Her rage dissipates in a huff and she asks quietly, "Who are you?"
Neo Sparda (played by dantefrancis)

Neo proceed to roll his eye.Why do I have the feeling that I'm being interrogated... But still decide to waste time by answering it's question.Though he would answer every question.Even if the talking cat want it.

"Neo,Neo Sparda.Now what's you name?"
Misc other wrote:
The door closes behind her, the arrow on the panel moves down, another coming in from the top, and the elevator descends fairly swiftly. After less than twelve seconds, it has dropped six floors to a level under the open space seen from above.

The elevator says something that sounds very polite which Lisa cannot understand, and the door opens with a Ding!

The door closes so quickly, and quietly enough that she doesn't notice it first. Then she turns and realizes she's trapped. "That sly son of a-EEK!"

She backs into the wall as the floor drops several stories, praying to all the gods she'd ever heard of that Adriannu doesn't wake up to her shrieking and heavy, panicked gasps for breath.

Everything goes still, a cheery disembodied voice speaks in an alien language, and the door slides open. Lisa laughs weakly and stumbles through the door toward the med bay.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Neo Sparda wrote:
Neo proceed to roll his eye.Why do I have the feeling that I'm being interrogated... But still decide to waste time by answering its question. Though he would answer every question.Even if the talking cat want it.

"Neo, Neo Sparda. Now what's your name?"

Raven hesitates, not exactly eager to give the boy her name. "Call me whatever name you want, because I don't plan to call you by yours." She slinks toward him and circles around, looking for clues. She pays special attention to his monster arm. It's...bizarre. Rather impressive, but she's seen whole monsters before, so an arm is nothing.

She throws out another question, not expecting to gain much from it, but relishing in the fact that he seems annoyed by her interrogation. "So, why are you here?"
Neo Sparda (played by dantefrancis)

Neo decided to didn't answer but to show.It might just give him the power down he needs.Also,he doesn't to be the cause of a talking. A blue flash came from the arm,showing the shard of earth.Then he poured magical power into the shard,and let's it loose,creating the same sonar he didn't eariler.It bounce off Raven's shard and went back to his give him the location.He laid on the grass,awaiting the cat's answer.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Raven freezes as a wave of blue washes over her. When the light fades, she pretends she didn't notice the magic energy bounce off her shard hidden in the grass and stares at the shard in his hand. Her eyes light up in wonder; an emotion she remarkably doesn't have to fake. "Ooh...what is that?" She climbs on his knee under the pretense of getting a better look.
Neo Sparda (played by dantefrancis)

"Magical Sonar.I use most of my power,put in the shard,and let it go.It helps me figure out the current location of the shards.But a good power like this had drawback.I can't heal,nor move until 5 mins.At least that was the amount I counted..."Neo said.He felt the cat on his leg,but didn't care.The cat was his only company,and he hope talking to it more so he doesn't become crazy.
Jules Geist wrote:
She laughs. "I'm sorry but if I was like my mother to you then you would be forced by rope to follow and trained until you were so bloody and tired that you would wish for death. So if you think I'm trying to be motherly then I would have no idea what you are talking about!" She laughs again thinking about her mother. "The only thing she did for me was teach me how to fight well enough to protect myself." She smirks. "If we were your friends then you would choose to come with us. Stay together to build the friendship. But you are pushing us away for what I imagine is a selfish reason." She sighs. "You are a strong little girl no doubt, so if we get in a bind we are going to need you. If you leave us now and we get in trouble... well this may be the last time you see us or we you." She shrugs. "But I take it you just want to do your thing. Forget about us, the people who care about you, so you can go off and do something for your own gain... This shouldnt be an arguement. If we were really people you considered friends, this wouldnt be you fighting us to go get Neo!" She wasnt being aggressive and was speaking the truth. "Think about this... Neo is suffering because you are refusing to come with your friends. It's very suspicious Lil." She raises her brow.

"Stop acting like you don't cause you do, before you were crying because you where asking for a hug. And my mother teached me also a lot of things!" Liliath seemed to get very confused and very mad by this conversation "So what! If I want to have my own space then that should be fine."Liliath decided to cover her ears she had heard enough, but she heared the last bit "He is propbably not even sufferingm he is propbbaly very happy he is away form you because you are being annoying the whole time!"
"Like I said, since you only hear what you want to, i dont know how to be motherly. I did what i did because i care. If that's being motherly then so be it. If that's a crime then I'll commit it every time." She sternly states. "And yes I am the annoying one, constantly trying to cause my friends trouble. That sounds just like me." She smirks slightly.
"I don't get everyone in trouble either." Liliath noticed Jules smirking and it made her even more mad "Are you enjoying this conversation or something?" She yelled. Liliath wanted to run so way so bad, but then they would go after her and grab her shard. She needed to wait until they were gone so she could get what she want happiness
"Am I enjoying this argument you feel like you need to have here? Not even a little. I want to go help our friend but instead we are fighting over this. Alastor already said it best so why are you fighting us so much?" She tilts her head.
"Good luck with finding Neo." Liliath simpyl said ignoring what Jules just said
"Some friend you say you are." She says softly. "Alastor I cant keep fighting her on this either one of us stays here or well..." she knits her brows. "Neo is our friend and I'm worried hes struggling right now."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Copper_Dragon, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Ben, Darth_Angelus