Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"I dunno. I tried to ask my mom about it, but she wouldn't even react to me. Much less say anything to me." Jackie said as she and Blake walked through the woods, before coming to a tree. A clearly old tree house was set up in it. "Welp. Let's hope this thing'll hold us." Jackie said, before going to a rope ladder and climbing up into the tree house.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"She didn't." Blake thinks back to when he ran into those people in the street and none responded. He looked to Jackie. "She didn't respond to anything? Touch or something?" He asks needing confirmation to see if he can try to put something in place.

Jackie shook her head. "No one did." Jackie said. "Even bent up the watering hose this one lady was using to water her plants. Didn't even notice the water stopped." Jackie explained.

She got into the old, dusty tree house and plopped down on the floor. "I haven't been in this thing in years." Jackie said. Looking around.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Testing the rope ladder Blake pulled himself up. He barely fit in as he fluttered dust from his eyes as it puffed up from the wood.
"No one could even notice us. Except those things. With the yellow eyes." He says sitting back and slumping against the wall as the wood creaks softly.

Jackie nodded and looked at the floor. "This HAS to be some kind of freaky dream." Jackie said. She looked around the dusty interior of the tree house. There were several pieces of baseball memorabillia, namely a cap, jacket, glove, and a few balls, as well as plenty of old dusty toys that Jackie hadn't touched since she was last in the tree house. Jackie eventually reached out and grabbed a dusty picture frame. "So what do you think we should do?" Jackie asked, looking at the picture.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Do dreams usually call themselves out as being dreams?" He asks pinching the rim of his eyes. "I'd hope I can wake up shortly and this is just some weird stress dream." He sighs and closes his eyes and rests his head on the wall. As the two sit there the same voice comes into their heads.
"You don't know either?" It says coming from no discernible direction. Blake immediately procks up and looks around frantically. "Huh? What?" He looks around frantically like a concerned gopher.

"Same here." Jackie said. She sat and looked at the picture, clearly saddened, before the sudden voice was heard. She yelped, jumping slightly. "W-What was that?" She questioned, looking around. It didn't sound like it was the watchmen they'd encountered earlier, who spoke normally.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake looked outside unable to see anything other than trees around. There was no one about and he wondered if he was hearing things until Jackie responded to it too.
"You two are lost and scared correct? Not from this place yet it seems familiar?" The voice asks.
"Who's there? Where are you?" Blake asks.

Jackie yelped again. she readied her bat. Jackie was quiet for a few moments before speaking up. "W-Whose there?!" She questioned, her voice shaky. "W-We'll fight if-if we have to!" She stammered. She looked around frantically, not seeing anyone either.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"There's no need to panic. If I were here to hurt you I wouldn't have helped you so far now would I?" The voice asks questioning. Blake looked confused as he came back from the window.
"Helped us?" He asked. Then he remembered the moment when one Shade was knocked back by a light and he had the urge to run. "Wait. You knocked that one back that was coming for me?" There is a pause.
"I did, you two shouldn't be here but are. It's not due to your actions either so I have done what I can to help you." The voice pauses.

Jackie was still looking around trying to find where the voice was coming from. "Why aren't we supposed to be here?" Jackie asked. "We're in my neighborhood." She added.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"You still think it's 'your' neighborhood?" The voice replies rather sarcastically.
"If you're helping us why won't you come out?" Blake asks trying to process things.
"Very well, this must be a lot for you. I shall meet you both. There's a small stream nearby. Barely two minutes from your hiding spot. I'll be waiting by the small jetty. If you wish to do this face to face come." The voice then goes quiet leaving the two. Blake looks to Jackie unsure.

Jackie was quiet. She glanced at the picture, before setting it down. "Well, let's go." She said. "We aren't gonna figure out where we are or what's going on by sitting in here." Jackie said.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Weirdest dream I've ever had." Said Blake as the two made their way down and to the stream in question. It was rather small. Seemed to have dried up in recent years and was nearly a meter shallower then when the jetty was built. It only stretched five meters from one shore to another and now it would seem like barely a row boat could make it through. But despite everything being here as said there was no one. Blake looked around and sighed.

Jackie blinked, looking around confused. "Hello?" She called out after a while. She was really getting tired of this. She just wanted to go home and for people to actually realize she's there, not be stuck in some weird purgatory or where ever she was right now, constantly running from weird looking police dudes, and those shadow things.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake looked around at the trees and as his head scanned the tall woods his head jerked back and he froze. He went noticeably pale and seemed wide eyed.
"Jackie." He says licking his lips as his mouth feels dry. He points to the treeline and standing between two trees is a tall figure. Standing around ten feet tall and being thinly proportioned was a creature wearing a dark blue robe with a dark grey trimming. It was missing shoulders and almost resembled some form of party dress you'd see at high class events. His shoulders had large rounded stone like plates that seemed bumpy with patchy stone like scales going down the arm till the elbow. It's skin was grey and head was covered in a helmet of sorts that went over the ears and down the back. It was smooth and black with a pointed bit going down the ridge of the nose. The face was rather humanoid and eyes a pure, dull yellow. It extended a hand to them.
"Glad you came." It said this time with it's lips moving and the voice clearly from it's direction.

"What?" Jackie asked, before spotting the tall, rock-like figure. "H-Holy-" Jackie stammered, frozen in place. She was silent for a few moments before speaking up. "Um... wh-who are you? And why isn't anyone reacting to us?" Jackie questioned.
Baku (played by Dreath)

With long but oddly graceful slides the tall figure approaches a few meters closer. Blake takes a step back.
"You may call me Atlas." He bows in a polite manner. "I am glad you two didn't run. I am not used to your kind being here." Blake swallows and moves forward a few steps.
"What do you mean?" Atlas shakes his head softly.
"The reason no one is responding to you but those beings with golden eyes like myself. You see this isn't the world you know." He taps his chin. "This shall be hard to explain." He places his palms upward facing to them. "It will be easier if you come with me." Blake goes to touch his hand but stops cautiously. This thing was strange and offering to take them somewhere. This didn't sit right at all. But he seemed benevolent? Blake looked to Jackie concerned but if she did he would too.

Jackie listened as the being, Atlas as he introduced, spoke. This whole situation was strange, but this is the first person that spoke to Jackie that didn't set off weird vibes. "Where are we going?" Jackie asked.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"A place safe from them where I can better explain things." Atlas says as Jackie and Blake put their hands on his. Their bodies have a faint glow before rapidly snapping away in a burst of light. The air around them sparks and crackles as they leave for a moment. In a fraction of a second as Jackie and Blake were still in the same thought of 'what till happen' they were elsewhere. Inside a medium sized chamber the size of a classroom with a small pedestal in the middle. The room was made of expertly carved and smoothed brown stone and metal. It resembled a fancy lobby of sorts with the feel of some form of fancy lab. Lights were spread around the roof and pointed down lighting the room to a pleasant level. There where four doorways splitting off from the room and Atlas pointed down the right one. "Welcome to the Observatory." He says as the two looked about the strange windowless chamber.

Blake took a minute to process the fact they just teleported.
"We just. Did we? Have we teleported?" He says patting his body. He gave a sigh of relief to feel he was all still there. Taking a deep sigh he stretched. "So what is this place?" He asks looking at Atlas and Jackie. Atlas was starting to move down the hallway he pointed.
"A place where I can observe both our worlds with access to them. I shall explain all with time." He says showing little expression on his face. Though his tone was not threatening in anyway.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus