Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Shinigami (played by Great7)

Yeah about that. I forgot", he said flying to the head of the plant dragon and landed on it sitting down. The darkness stoped Yuuma beside them, "Yuuma, you remember what happened to the panicked dragon.", he said looking over to him, "oh yes Yuuma. Say hi to, what's your name pretty one?"he asked looking down to the plant dragon
Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

When the darkness pulled tight on Yuuma's neck she grabbed at the collar. Her flipped forward as she landed in the water back first. The plant dragon bared her teeth and looked away while she got splashed. When the water calmed she looked with a smile. " I'm Viola"

Only the top of Yuuma's head poked up from the water. She looked at Viola then at Shinigami with a pleading look. Nasr landed on her horn and chuckled. " Oh don't mind her. She's insufferably shy"

" Is that so?" Viola's voice held a touch of malice as she looked at Yuuma. The critical eye of the female looking for any and all flaws that could be used.

Beautiful right?", he said talking to viola, "she fits right in", he said looking over to the pond watching the dragons, "any news viola. I'm afraid I haven been here long and care what happened to the girls"

" Almost..." Viola said as she grabbed Yuuma's crossed horns. " No guy will want her with those" She held tight while Yuuma tried to pull free. " What did you do? Tie your horns too tightly with your jeweled bands when you were little? " She shoved the night dragon back under the water before turning and walking away.

" Well how do you like that? A blasted city dragon. Bitty" Nasr said flying out of the water. He landed on Yuuma's horn again when she surfaced. " Makes me feel so much better...I know my horns are imperfect..." She kept her eyes to the water and turned away.

Viola kept her high as she swam along, watching her friends have fun. She chuckled at his question. " This is the dream realm. Everything is perfect here. In the physical realm things have been different. Sixteenth birthdays are stressful and the less crowded lake is proof of that. I believe 74 girls have been culled this time but I heard 218 boys were bled. A shame. Guys really need to take better care of themselves. I hear they do in some cities" She glanced over to a group that appeared to be mourning. Little care was shown as she quickly continued on her way.

" We haven't seen our 'queen' in some time. I wonder what happened to her...well a new dragon has taken her place. A brilliant star that one is" The water gathered in droplets over her flower-like ridge scales as she stepped out. She looked towards the top of the falls where no dragon was now. " Seems neither are here today"

Ok I see. Also one more thong, I came here with that girl, you should understand that. Well I would normally do something to punish you but I don't want to ruin the beautiful sight. Anyway, I will see you later viola, also guys prefer women that don't try to be on top on everything especially those that try to bring down others like you did. And it is for that reason I leaving you earlier than I planned", he said as he floated from her to the top of yuuma's head

Yeah you know you can fight back right", he said landing on his nose, "all you had to do was drive forward. Well anyway i spy some crying dragons. I'm going over to them. Where's pavol"

" Excuse me!?" Viola exclaimed but she saw her words fell on deaf ears. She scoffed seeing him return to the flawed on then lifted her snout and stormed off.

Having Shinigami on her nose made Yuuma go crossed eyed. The depth of the purple held the sorrow in her heart. " Strike a girl? No, I couldn't do that...I prefer not to fight anyway..."

" Uh hellooo" Nasr knocked on her horns in hopes of snapping her out of it. " You are a girl also your lying. You have fought a couple times now. Your problem is you have never felt emotional pain"

Focusing on Shinigami's question now, he looked to the sky and looked about. It was always amazing how colorful the night sky was in the dreams. Among the wondrous patterns a few glowing figures danced. Nasr pointed towards them. " I believe Pavol is there" He leveled his gaze and tipped his head. " Crying dragons? That sounds like a better start"

" How is that better?" Yuuma asked looking up. The valra jumped to her forehead and pecked a few times. " Follow him! I bet you can do a lot of good for hurting hearts. You are beyond stressed to just lose your sense"

Good idea. If Yuuma doesn't come along we will have a pool party today", he said as he floated along to meet with the crying girls, "Nasr, please get pavol, I know he's old enough but women can make you do some dumb things", he said as he reached a crying dragon and landed on her head, "I heard wails coming from feets away. What's the matter"

" A pool party might be just what this overgrown chicken needs" Nasr stated with a grin. He then burst into the air laughing. " do not do stupid stuff while I fetch the kid ok you two?"

The dragon he found was a lithe wind dragon. Smooth lightweight armor crafted her body but her belly and tail were not armored. These unarmored places were transparent along with her wings.

She opened her eyes when she heard his voice only to see what she did not expect, a human. " We're terribly sorry...you see we lost some friends today..." She looked over towards the others near her. Each one was laying about trying to find comfort in each other.

In the water behind Shinigami, Yuuma slowly slunk closer. Her head was barely above the water as she watched and listened.

Really. Then tell me the story", he said jumping to yuumas head so they could all face him, "I'm in a good mood today. If I can help then maybe I will. No promises but a problem shared is one half solved. Right girl", he said tapping yuumas head so he would raise it, "they won't bulky you. And the horns are unique"

Yuuma glanced up before lifting her head. Shinigami may have his pesky moments but he had been helpful in ways she never imagined. " R-right. He's...well...I'll just be quiet..." She looked to off to the side and got a little flush.

For a brief moment the wind dragon smiled at the two. " Thank you. I fear there is little you can do but listen" She said dipping her nose into the water. When she lifted her snout the water ran off with ease. " Today was the second trial of perfection. We all know what that means and some of our friends had flaws that would prevent them from passing"

She looked up at the two; eyes moist with the harsh memory. Even now she could see perfectly her friend being led away, her head down and tears soaking her feet. " My friend's only flaw was she had been born with red eyes. For her race that is unacceptable. Some flaws we did our best to hide...but the trials are harsh and even illusions are broken. My friend...and many others are now dead because of these flaws"

It's a good thing we came here today. Tell me, where are these trials being held", he said beaconong Yuuma to move closer, " and who would try to kill a Wong dragon with red eyes. Those are special brings born rarely. They are imperfect, they are too much of a beauty to control. Tell, who would do such a thing"

" This why my parents told me to avoid the cities when I was sixteen..." Yuuma said taking a shaky step forward. " Every Nyctoran fears that day or so I've heard...now...now I see why" Somehow she found herself close to the wind dragon. The only thing preventing her from bolting was how much she hated seeing others cry.

The wind dragon nodded in agreement to the fear of the day. " This trials are held...in a few places. The physical portion of the trial is held...in the medical portion of the Plant Element and at the arena in the Magma Element" She wiped a few tears away before continuing on. " The spiritual portion of the trial is held at...The temple of Lumerin in the Night Element and finally the Sunstone Tower. These trials are law...we must abide whether we like them or not..."

The burden of the fresh loss was too much and she broke into tears again. She tried to spit out who she knew were responsible. " The luminaries...make the final call...but every...race...plays their role...Kerberol kill them...with their beasts...Drakar...use them in rituals...Levias...drown or tear them apart...and...and..." The list of those responsible were washed in her flood of tears.

By now even Yuuma was tearing up. She lowered her head and rested it against the wind dragon's head. " I know one who can give the full list...trust me...we will fight this..."

I see. You know what humans say when we see dragons that are different from their race. A new legend is about and I want to be there. Red eyes dragons are priced even after death", he said standing up, "those places appear to be along our goal. Let's destroy them when we get near to them. And you understand that dragons can fight back too. One dragon is enough to fight an army, you're kind can fly away from it all. Take my advice, fly away. There's about to be chaos. Yuuma, we are going back"

She stepped away from them and rubbed the tears away. " I...I didn't mean to fall apart. It won't bring her back...but..." Her stance changed to one of confidence at the sight of a Valra and Luminary. A quick bow was given to them when they perched on Yuuma's horns. " Forgive me...her death is still fresh"

The extent of Pavol's elite training showed when he looked at her. Innocence of a child faded from his eyes within seconds. He didn't need to hear the conversation to know what she meant. " The ashes of the trials feeds our future. Take up her soul and let it strengthen you"

Chills ran down Nasr's spine and he slunk further up the horn. It had been two years since he had heard those words. Sadly he took it literally and devoured the soul of his friend. " How young do they teach that crud? And what did we miss...?"

" We'll explain later...you two have the rest of what he will need. Time to wake" Yuuma turned around only to see a dragon as bright as the sun sitting atop the falls. The wind dragon faded from the dream the moment it glared at her. Next the gaze of this bright dragon fell upon the motly crew. It's voice made it impossible to tell if it was male or female. " Enjoying the girls? I hope so for that is the gift I will give you boys. A pleasant dream for you all" The gaze of this dragon burned off the illusion set upon Yuuma, it knew what he really was. A blinding light swallowed the dream when the dragon spread it's wings. For Yuuma and Nasr it burned at their minds.

Whatever magic had been used wiped the truth of the dream from their minds. The memory of the dream had been rewritten as mischieve and fun at the lake. No weeping dragons and no sun dragon. Pavol was the first to wake, stretching before shaking Keiran awake. " Hey! I have a tale to tell you"

He protected himself from the blast as soon as he saw her eyes. After waking up he was angry and looked towards Yuuma, "take me back there", he said as he brought out his notebook and sure enough parts about the dream was missing, "there were dragons never seen and I didn't take notes? Sounds too funny. Take me back immediately"

Being halfawake was no longer a problem as she jumped and bolted upright. The two kids ran past as Yuuma rubbed her head. " Go back? I mean sure but...you were the one who forgot to write notes. You can take notes next time"

" Haha, yeah. He just wants to pick on the girls again" Nasr said reverting to his human-like form. He wandered over to Yuuma and patted her on the shoulder. " It was grand...I think he forgot about his pranks here" Thorough this dragon was to rewrite matching memories.

Yuuma grinned nervously at the thought. She lifted her hands and began to form the spell. " No, no, I would rather sleep the day away and wake a guy then deal with that..."

Wake you don't...", he said looking at them, "never mind. There were beautiful dragons there and I didn't get to draw them. Take Tobi this time too", he said as floated around them possessing a sword, "quickly"

" Tobi too? Ok let's see if I can" The magic was released to put them back to sleep.

Time differences between dream and reality was a head trip at best. The glowing dragon was gone but so were many others. No sign of a fight or death existed. It was perfectly peaceful.
Despite that a most familiar shadow sat atop the falls now. She was the only one out of place with how her head hung low.

Tobi take note of everything", he said flyiing per to the little shadow, "hello. Little one, what's the matter?"

The dragon lifted her head to reveal that it was Eclipse. " Y-your here? She thought..." She looked from one side to the other only to reveal a wound on her neck. Starlight blood ran down her dark hide. Finding nothing she smiled as she looked at him. " Nevermind...everything is...fine now. S-she'll return soon...I'm just waiting"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus