Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New to the site, just not new to RP

Hello everyone! I guess this section is for a brief introduction, but I guess given my long history with RP it may be a little longer than some. IRL, I am a 23 year old married female. And because of the career my husband has, I don't have to have any real job of my own. I am a part time nanny for an awesome family with four kids, but I'm also a Private Event Coordinator for my parents event center and I own my own business as well. With all of that keeping me busy, and with a house to up keep, sometimes I can be busy but it's a fullfilling schedule.

Some of my hobbies IRL are ballet and martial arts, but I'm also an Author and I've written full length novels in the past. Right now I have two series I'm working on and plan on pulblishing. RPing has always helped me to find my muse for my books which is why I'm here. I'm hoping to find new people to rp with, people who can help me expand ideas that I have and help me create new ideas through the storylines that we create and write. I'm always looking for long term storylines with depth and a good well thought out plotline. I also want to make new friends. Most of my friends honestly come from the sites I'm on.

I typically do genres like fantasy, sci-fi, slice of life, and I also love anime as well so I have my Naruto OC up on my profile as well. I can also do romance, but it has to make sense for the storyline and for both characters. Example, if we were to try to write a romance with Adore, we have to take into account her complicated history not only with her time among the Master Race Organization, but also with relationships in generally. She's scared to love, or trust anyone right now and those feelings can't be pushed. A romance with her would have to have a dedicated storyline so that the feelings can build and develope.

Also, all of my characters are very special to me. I've put in well over 10 years of character development into every single one of them. So my most important rule is to respect that they are my own creation and don't try to steal my original ideas. All of my characters are like my babies to me and they all represent certain aspects of my own personal life so getting to know my characters, is like getting to know me on a personal level. But it's also why I love RP so much, because in a way, it also makes me reevaluate myself as well.

As far as my history with RPing, I've been RPing for over ten years, I have been an Admin on mulitple RPing sites and groups, and have even owned my own, very successful RPing website during high school. Now that site is dead, becuase it grew to the point of where I had to start paying for it (And let's face it, as a High School student, I was broke) so unfortunately the site ended up disappearing.

But, I am so looking forward to finding new friends to rp with, and new storylines to develope here. I look forward to meeting every single one of you!

Also, I do have a question about manners on this site. If I find a character that I want to reach out to to potentially write a roleplay with, how do I go about it? I know certain sites have different ways of doing things and I want to make sure that I can reach out to people in the correct, appropriate way.

Thank you!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Fabulously interduction and username. Hello and welcome to RPRepository.
Welcome to RPR, AdoreAngel! :)

There's a wide variety of RP experience, style, genres, & personalities here, so I hope you find some fantastic RP partners!
AdoreAngel wrote:
Also, I do have a question about manners on this site. If I find a character that I want to reach out to to potentially write a roleplay with, how do I go about it? I know certain sites have different ways of doing things and I want to make sure that I can reach out to people in the correct, appropriate way.

You can either send the player a message (by going to their profile and clicking the 'Message UserName' link below their profile picture) OR you can message the character directly by clicking the 'Message' link on the character's page (usually along the top menu). Either way, the message will end up in the player's inbox!

You can also check out the Looking for RP forums to find folks actively hunting for RPs.

The Find RP tool is handy too! It lets you apply some search criteria to the recent posts (I think the past 2 weeks and/or anything the OP has renewed within that same timeframe) in the LFRP forum and also shows the active groups.

Good luck in your search!
AdoreAngel Topic Starter

Thanks Juls! I'll see if I can get some storylines going with your guidance.
Hello and welcome to the site!

Thanks for telling us so much about yourself and about your RP likes. :D I also feel you about chars being special. They're your brain babies, you have to love them all! ;)

I hope you're settling into the site okay. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask as there are many helpful people are willing to give out answers (like Juls illustrated).

Cheers to making new friends and having lots great RPs!
Welcome to RPR!! Thanks for sharing so much, it's always great to meet new people with such avid imaginations joining the site :D
Welcome aboard. I have a lengthy history with RPing, too. I have been on a variety of forums over the years and so far, this is by far the best. I think you'll enjoy writing here.
Hi there!! Welcome to RPR! I hope you have fun here, and be sure to check out the forums once you're ready!
a49676a059386a8af9d6d839f8daaeb3.png

Lswc9Br.png Bonjour, and welcome to RPR. I'm Mintelle, it's lovely to meet you, and I've been a member of this site since July 14th 2018. It's a wonderful community and I hope you find everything you're looking for here. There are some incredible members in this community who will make you feel right at home, and we have an amazing founder who puts so much love and time into making sure this site is beyond perfection. Trust me, you're going to love it here!

If you ever need anything, don't be afraid to consult the forums or reach out to a fellow RPR member for some assistance, we're all very friendly and happy to help. Wishing you all the best during your time here!

Stay safe, stay well,
Mintelle.
Mipps

Welcome to RPR! I hope you have lots of fun here :star:
Hello There! Welcome to the RPR family! :D
AdoreAngel wrote:
Hello everyone! I guess this section is for a brief introduction, but I guess given my long history with RP it may be a little longer than some. IRL, I am a 23 year old married female. And because of the career my husband has, I don't have to have any real job of my own. I am a part time nanny for an awesome family with four kids, but I'm also a Private Event Coordinator for my parents event center and I own my own business as well. With all of that keeping me busy, and with a house to up keep, sometimes I can be busy but it's a fullfilling schedule.

Some of my hobbies IRL are ballet and martial arts, but I'm also an Author and I've written full length novels in the past. Right now I have two series I'm working on and plan on pulblishing. RPing has always helped me to find my muse for my books which is why I'm here. I'm hoping to find new people to rp with, people who can help me expand ideas that I have and help me create new ideas through the storylines that we create and write. I'm always looking for long term storylines with depth and a good well thought out plotline. I also want to make new friends. Most of my friends honestly come from the sites I'm on.

I typically do genres like fantasy, sci-fi, slice of life, and I also love anime as well so I have my Naruto OC up on my profile as well. I can also do romance, but it has to make sense for the storyline and for both characters. Example, if we were to try to write a romance with Adore, we have to take into account her complicated history not only with her time among the Master Race Organization, but also with relationships in generally. She's scared to love, or trust anyone right now and those feelings can't be pushed. A romance with her would have to have a dedicated storyline so that the feelings can build and develope.

Also, all of my characters are very special to me. I've put in well over 10 years of character development into every single one of them. So my most important rule is to respect that they are my own creation and don't try to steal my original ideas. All of my characters are like my babies to me and they all represent certain aspects of my own personal life so getting to know my characters, is like getting to know me on a personal level. But it's also why I love RP so much, because in a way, it also makes me reevaluate myself as well.

As far as my history with RPing, I've been RPing for over ten years, I have been an Admin on mulitple RPing sites and groups, and have even owned my own, very successful RPing website during high school. Now that site is dead, becuase it grew to the point of where I had to start paying for it (And let's face it, as a High School student, I was broke) so unfortunately the site ended up disappearing.

But, I am so looking forward to finding new friends to rp with, and new storylines to develope here. I look forward to meeting every single one of you!

Thank you!

What a great introduction. Nice to meet you. Welcome to this repository of roleplaying.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New to the site, just not new to RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus