Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Feldwebel Karl Spiess (played by Major_payne25)

“If they find us they’ll kill us both... so can you trust me?” The man held out his hand covered in dirt to her
Paola Ezra Marlowe (played by AmberShades) Topic Starter

"I suppose it's better knowing I'm not alone, and I wasn't the only one to look at.. them." Her grip of the radio tightened, and Ezra hesitated. This was a trick. This was a trick. Despite repeating the words to herself, the red-head held out her hand in exchange, shaking the man's hand quickly before recoiling. Despite putting some trust in him, she still depended on herself, and the fact they were both being hunted was not going to change that.

They would start walking but they would stop at a spot in the hall where there’s a black and yellow stripped pattern on the floor and a contraption coming out of the walls a sign hanging from the roof read “Tesla gate”

Ezra squinted. Her head began aching, and her vision didn't get any better over time. Dragging her sleeves across her eyes once, she muttered, "Any idea of where we are..?" The red-head reopened her eyes in order to send a glimpse at the man in curiosity.

“I dunno... but what I do know is that we can’t just walk through there... watch” the man took a piece of scrap metal out of his pocket and threw it to the “Tesla gate” only for it to be zapped burnt and dropped...

She blinked, flinching at the sound of the metal dropping. "Should we turn around? I'm not sure we could possibly make it through.. there.. without being harmed." The woman furrowed her brows in irritation she had practically admitted to give up. "It's not safe to put our lives on the line like so. Unless you have any other ideas?"

“Well if we go back all those things taht you came in contact with will be there to kill you... i think the thing has a motion sensor so we gotta trick it somehow...”

"That's preposterous-" Ezra scoffed, but quickly gasped and nudged the man with her hand. "The motion sensors! If we can locate them, it might be easy to locate their blind spots, as well. Therefore, we can slowly proceed forward in that area." She grinned weakly, her gaze drifting.

“Good idea!” The man took one of the buttons off of his orange jacket and threw it near the left corner of the gate and it didn’t activate as he grinned he pulled Ezra through with him “so what’s your story?” The man asked as they continued walking down the hall that almost seemed to repeat itself...

Her stare sharpened. It was as if she had heard those words before, but it wasn't in such a life-threatening situation. Then, it clicked. "Hans?" Her unclear query came out in a hiss, and she turned her head to see the man fully. Perhaps she had fallen for yet another trap so easily. But, since he seemed to want to know, Ezra would give him the answer she's told nearly everyone. "Well, I suppose I don't have much of one. I'm nothing more than a traveler- a mere character in someone's story. Besides, you have to live a story before you can fully write it out, hm?"

The man turned to face her looking puzzled “whos hans?” He shook his head and just continued walking “everyone they send here gets class A amnestics which basically removes almost all go your memories basically making you a mindless zombie but I found an antidote in one of the offices after the breach happened... I was an American paratrooper I was put in aushwitz and from I can recall I had started helping a local rebel force but when they found out they sent me here...”

Sighing, the red-headed woman shook her head once. "No one important, I believe. A fraud in the works," With a nod, Ezra continued. "Everyone's memory? Strange. Does that mean there are other people in here? Or is it just the creatures?" She was about to question why her memory wasn't wiped as well, but she kept that to herself. Perhaps she didn't want to know, or perhaps she didn't want the stranger to know. Either way, she kept her mouth shut. "A rebel force?" An eyebrow raised. "Strange. Perhaps that is the reason they said something about the Soviet. A rebel force." She hook her head with a click of her tongue. "It's a shame they didn't listen when I told them I didn't support violence, nor did I know what exactly was going on." Blinking, Ezra turned her head once more. The stranger happened to be standing in her blind spot, so it was difficult to see him at some moments. "Though, I am curious about your past. Is it alright if I ask about it?"

“Yeah they have a lot of people here although I doubt many survived this long... they call is in the Jim suits class D’s it means disposable... we were all told after we received the amnestics that if we survived 30 days we’d get to go home... but it turns out after 30 days they’d take you outside and kill you...” he turned to face Ezra as he pointed to a door that seemed to repeat itself for the past 5 minutes “hey is it just me or have we seen this door before?”

"That's... distressingly awful," Ezra took a breath, her eyes widening ever so slightly. She folded her arms uncomfortably with a shudder. "It's cruel and somewhat alarming that the people here- the guards or workers- don't have some some concern nor emotions. But I suppose fear has a long shadow, when he himself is small." Ezra walked in silence for a moment, but she quickly looked up to the door that was gestured to. Her memory was hazy, but she had, in fact, seen this door before. "I.. believe so?" She turned around, pausing in moving forward. "Is this place just a giant circle, or are all the doors the same? Should we enter it..?"

The man’s eyes widened “I found a document about this place... it’s one of the SCP’s every time you go past that door you enter an alternate universe.. they can range from small changes to humongous ones... the question is if we should go through this door or keep going...”

Quickly, Ezra shook her head. "Once again, it might be too life threatening. Manipulation of the mind is the worst thing one can possibly go through." She sent a side glance at the man. "Of course, that is just an opinion, but one can never truly escape one's own mindset once it fully enters." The woman sighs, turning on her heels to continue walking. "Enter if you so wish, but I'm afraid I'd rather keep continuing to wander in circles than be lost in my own imagination."

“Well let’s just hope this door is a good one...” the man dragged her through only for them to appear in a room in a suburban house living room as the TV in the center displayed the following: https://youtu.be/RRibWLHkWIY

"Wait, I-" She shut her mouth quickly, her eyes widening as the two appeared to be in a location that was not the facility. The woman took a deep breath, spinning in a circle to face the device and its warning. Once again, she opened her mouth to speak, but she shook her head instead. Quickly, just in case, Ezra linked arms with the man, nodded, and shut her eyes. Remain calm. Don't investigate.

The man was clearly more pancaked than Ezra was as a knock on the door cause him to run into a closet attempting his best to hide as screams and wails could be heard outside...

A small, panicked noise came from the red-head's throat as the two dashed into a closet- one of which that certainly was not supposed be containing people- and the bawling of the people or creatures outside were echoed. Her eyes were shut tightly, though she couldn't tell if it was due to the high amount of fear or the fact she was attempting not to break down. The woman had said she would give up, hadn't she? Why was she still trapped inside this cruel mindscape? Trapped inside a mindscape. If there was a way in, there was a way out, right? Ezra puzzled herself, but remained as quiet as possible, trying to ignore the wails that would surely haunt her.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus