Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Feldwebel Karl Spiess (played by Major_payne25)

The man had found a pen and notepad on a shelf in the closet and wrote on the notepad ‘what do you think is happening?’
Paola Ezra Marlowe (played by AmberShades) Topic Starter

She opened her eyes slightly to the ruffled sound, took the pen, and wrote quickly. 'I honestly have no clue. At the moment, I'm praying it's nothing too terrible. Have you got any ideas?'

The man took the pen and wrote ‘well I say we either follow the instructions we saw or we find a way to get to that door back to the facility and we try to renter a different universe and hopefully the door doesn’t disappear...’ as he handed the notepad to her a knocking on the door that supposedly lead outside could be heard from the closet...

Ezra sent a quick glance to the man, but she froze at the sound of knocking. The words of the warning flashed across her mind once more. She shook her head slowly. 'Don't investigate. We've made it this far, haven't we? When the knocking and the wailing supposedly stops, it might be safer to travel further.'

‘Fair enough’ he wrote though not before seeing a shadowy figure out the corner of his eye creeping closer to the door he frantically pointed towards a small crack in the door where he saw it but when he turned to face it the figure disappeared....

Ezra held her breath, but didn't dare look. Quickly, she took the notepad once more, underlined the words 'Don't investigate', and then scribbled. 'Eyes = closed. No risks.' And, taking her own advice, Ezra shut her eyes, telling herself not to worry too much, for she was hoping her blindness would aid her slightly.

The man wrote down ‘we need to get back to the door and out of here... any suggestions?’ He tapped the notepad on her shoulder to get her attention while she was closing her eyes

The red-head opened her eyes but kept her focus only on the notepad. She dared to sigh underneath her breath. 'We don't know what's out there, do we? Didn't the warning say not to go outside? Ezra tapped the pen before continuing. I know I am being a buzz about safety-and I apologize- but I'm not someone who willingly steps on the door of Azreal. She paused yet again, drawing parentheses. 'The Angel of Death in Jewish beliefs' The woman handed it to him, but wrote one more statement. 'If we were to possibly go outside, I suggest heads down and eyes shut. There's no telling what kind of creature is out there.'

The man nodded as he slowly got up and took ezras hand practically dragging her to the door running as fast as he could as he got to the door he leaped through it and once he got back to the facility stood up helping Ezra back up and asking “did you see anything?”

At some point, Ezra felt as if she couldn't breathe. It was as if something had sat on her chest for a few moments, but the overwhelming feeling left as she was pulled to her feet. As she was, it reminded her feet she was in nothing more than her bare skin, and she shivered. Though, the germs and infections were possibly the least of her worries. Taking a deep breath as the two returned to the facility, she shook her head. "I'm afraid not. Did you, sir?" It was then she realized she hadn't gotten the man's name, let alone something to call him other than 'sir'. In between her short gasps of breaths, she muttered while extending her hand towards him, "Paola Ezra Marlowe? Pleasure to meet your acquaintance. You may call me Ezra, for the time being." The red-head offered a rough form of a smile.
D-4859 (played by Major_payne25)

The man shook her hand “I don’t remember my name... that’s the one thing I didn’t get back... so I guess you can call me John Doe?” He pointed to the next door over it had and American flag sticker on it “this one looks a lot more peaceful...” turning around his face turned a deep shade of red as he took of his orange inmate jacket showing that he was wearing a whit T-shirt underneath and handed it to her while looking away

The red-head snickered quietly, her hand risen over her mouth. "John Doe? Well, I'm guessing your mind is more logic than creativity, hm? For sure, the name mustn't stay due to dullness, but it'll have to do for now-" She gasped, clasping her hands together instead. "Is it alright if I call you 'Dee'?" With a stifled giggle and a somewhat serious tone, Ezra turned her focus to the door. "Ah. Don't be fooled by mere decorations. It could mean anything, really. But I suppose it's worth a shot." The woman took the item from the man, giving a small smile in the process. This was a trick. She couldn't shake that thought. It was as if it lingered in the back of her mind like a predator, making sure she knew it was always there.

“Ummm sure I guess Dee is ok...” the man scratched the back of his head “so do you think we should go in this door? It seems to be different from all the others because of that littles sticker on it there...”

The red-headed woman nodded, sending a glimpse to the other. "Well, I suppose going inside will surely lead to regret, but we don't have a better opposing option, do we?" She sighed silently. "What could one more risk harm? The biggest risk someone can take is to do nothing, hm?"

“Right then c’mon”he dragged Ezra through the door and they appeared in what looked like an apartment... they were in the bedroom of a small apartment but as dee turned around the door back to the facility was gone the sound of the TV powering on caught his attention and when he turned around this is what he saw: https://youtu.be/3c66w6fVqOI

Bewildered, Ezra rose a brow, her eyes fixed on the screen. "That's.. odd. Do you believe this is a hoax? I mean, surely this can't be an everyday broadcasting station, could it? If it belongs in the facility, then there's something we're missing." We're. It was a strange yet harsh word on her tongue, but, either way the table turned, they were truly alone. Or, of course, that is what Ezra thought.

Screams and gunshots could be heard outside as the TV displayed a black screen except for white letters spelling out ‘act now’ John just stood there bewildered at what was happening... “the people would say otherwise” he whispered not changing his glance from the TV

At the sound of gunfire, Ezra jumped, clearly startled. Though, her panic was mixed with rage and some form of irritation. Violence was one of the many things she would fight- verbally- against, but, since she was attempting to get away from the imagination of wherever she was, the red-head didn't exactly have time for a speech. "They would indeed," She agreed with a nod, moving forward and shuffling around the room. "Do you think there would be anything to explain the situation better, perhaps? Other than the foul warning?"

“No... but for the sake of decency could ya maybe find something to put on?” The man asked his face redder than a tomato as he left the room

Raising a brow, she looked down at her clothing, which was, in fact, split down the middle due to it being torn. Besides that, her layers of skirts were ripped from her panic previously, which took place while she was running from the tall, white and lengthy creature with a disordered face. Her cheeks flushed with rosiness. "Oh- I apologize, Dee-" She inhaled, quickly seeing why she was handed the man's jacket. Quickly, Ezra slipped it on over her shoulders and folded it across her chest, readjusting her scarf as she did so. She shook her head at herself. "Ní féidir leat a bheith buartha faoi do chuid gnéithe fiú. Pfft. Os comhair duine eile, freisin! Tá tú níos fearr ná seo." Which roughly translated to 'You can't even worry about your features. Pfft. In front of someone else, too! You are better than this', which was nothing more than a lecture to herself. She apologized beneath her breath while swiping a pair of flats, putting them on as she left the room after Dee. "Again, I greatly apologize, I- ehm-" She took yet another deep breath. "Could we possibly just forget that happened..?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus