Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Feldwebel Karl Spiess (played by Major_payne25)

The scientists and soldiers did nothing though and sat on the bench and floor as the area around them rumbled loudly the bombs had clearly gone off...
Paola Ezra Marlowe (played by AmberShades) Topic Starter

Bewildered at the fact she didn't hear the sound of bullets, the red-head looked up. Did they know, let alone care, who she was? Though, her thoughts were cut off by the low rumbling, and Ezra held her arms against the door as if she were going to fall. "Uhm- I suppose I could ask what the hell is happening to pass some time?"

One of the scientists looked up at her “yeah they detonated the warheads so we’re stuck in here for a few days till the dust and radiation settles..” he tapped the large rack of food and water “that’s why we got this it’s enough to last 10 people for a week...”

"Why in all things above would they set off warheads? Did something go wrong, besides your strange science experiments escaping and nearly ending your precious lives?" Her eye twitched, and she ran her fingers through her hair.

“If those things got out they wouldn’t stop at us... they would destroy everything in their path....” the scientist looked up at Ezra “we are not the enemy...”

"You think I haven't figured that out? I nearly died when facing those.. those things!" The red-head sighed, meeting eyes with the scientist as he looked at her. "Though, I cannot say you are my ally. I am on my own, and you- the people who supposedly work here- definitely do not need my help."

The scientist scoffed “we’re the victims here...” he muttered as he drank one of the water bottles from the shelf

"We all are," She added quickly, studying the room now that she had calmed herself to the slightest, "but hiding in a shelter is not how we fix things. What has happened to your brave soldiers who dare to risk their lives? Isn't there a way to get the experiments back into their containment?"

“Yes and no...” the scientist said “it is possible but with the amount of time it’ll take... they may just terminate them and then us...”

Ezra sighed, stepping forward. Though, she recoiled and returned to her previous spot, nodding at the scientists' words. "I see.. Things are so complicated here, are they not?" She asked with a somewhat irritated tone, but it was followed with a light laugh. "But.. that one creature.. the computer- He seemed like he was willing to help, though he didn't know who I was. Could I possibly know more about him..?"

“Sure... he was created in Russia and became an extremely intelligent being.. so powerful he could hack into any system we had... we eventually were able to trap him in that computer device but someone clearly let him loose and he took control of the facility... and now we’re here...”

Her eyes widened. "In order for him to take control of the facility, does the lever in the control- the one on the left side of the door- have to be flipped? If so, what would he do once he has control?"

“The thing despises humanity... it sees us as inferior and that we must be destroyed.. so if he had control over the facility my guess is that’ll would try to cause as much chaos as possible...”

She took a deep breath. "If anyone asked," She muttered beneath her breath, "I did not try to help that thing.."

“No point in keeping secrets now... when the fog clears they’re gonna kill us anyway...” the scientist sighed

"Wait- I beg your pardon?" Her face paled. "The creatures or the soldiers?" She shivered. Either one would not help her situation.

“Whichever gets here first... they’re not gonna let anyone but the high ranking officials live because they don’t wanna risk the word about this getting out... its only a matter of time now...” the others around him nodded they had all accepted their fate...

"It's foolish of them to not trust their own crew," She scoffed, straightening her posture. "But what will we do about it? You cannot just- just give up so easily, can you? I know I did not come all this way to see the end of my life, and neither did you. And, even if these will be our last moments, will you stand here grieving, or will you make the most of it?" Ezra's stare sharpened as she gazed around the room. "If they're coming now, then we can leave now. We can use the materials other there to protect our faces. So, what do you say? Shall we risk our lives escaping, or just give them away to death?"

“As much as we’d like to go and try the radiation levels are way to high right now... we probably wouldn’t even make it a few feet before collapsing to radiation poisoning...”

Her brows furrowed. "Right- Well, there has to be something we can do, correct? There is no possible way I am going to just sit here in the filth and wait for death to find me." She huffs, slightly irritated.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus