Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

Tobias noticed her grin and threw his hands up and dropped them in an similarly quick manner," Ok!" He started, somewhat exasperated, Although part of it was a little exagerated." So I shrug a lot. So what? Besides, if the only people you ever got to talk to were your little brother, his friends, and your teachers I would think you'd not know what to do with your body while you spoke!" As he went his voice rose and fell, seemingly at random.

" Well, they very well might help us here. I mean, we're both complaining that we keep tripping over our own worss, and that we don't know how to speak well, and that we don't know how to hold ourselves in a conversation, and how..." Tobias stopped for a moment to think. His lip slid over to the left side of his face as he thought, yet another habit of his," Well, I guess I don't know what else we were complaining about, but you get the gist anyway: That the lessons might have helped. A lot. Especially where we seem to be confusing ourselves," He gave her a rather pointed look," more than each other."

Tobias began to shrug, yet again, before stopping himself and huffing angrily at Cyrene. He gave her a mocking glare before loosening his expression and beginning his sentences,"I suppose that makes sense. But, I'm also pretty sure that they're pretty messed up. I mean, bumping into someone is on accident, and saying your sorry points out to the person you bumped into that it was an accident and you didn't mean anything by it. If you say sorry for something you meant to commit." He began to shrug before glaring and thinking for a moment on some other way of moving his body to emphasise his point. Eventually he sighed, and shrugged anyway.

He chuckled," Sorry, but if I was anyone else I would ask about " born into it." But, I am not someone else, and therefore will not ask you because I understand. You were born in a place of poverty, and around others like you." Then he stopped," Er... like you would end up? The people around you influenced you anywho." He pondered her statement some more," Addicted? I believe you mean attracted. I mean, maybe you meant addicted but..." His sentence drifted off.

" I feel like overthinking it doesn't have to do with classes." He furrowed his brow as he made sure that what he said was correct and he wasn't giving an invalid arguement. He nodded to himself and continued ," But yeah." He smiled widely," I suppose classes and nervousness are the two blights of this eorld." He tilted his head to the side and shook it, as if trying to make all of the stupid thoughts fall out of his ear," Er... nervousness is the blight, not listening during a class is a blight, not the class. I think." He straightened his ndck, but his expression remained one of fierce concentration.

(( sorry, felt really creative.))
Cyrene Guinevere (played by KingOfDorks) Topic Starter

Cyrene seemed surprised, blinking blankly as if she didn’t know how to properly respond. Then, a wavering smile spread across her dull expression, and she struggled to hold it back any longer. “Well, ain’t someone a little sensitive about their constant shrugging?” She teased lightheartedly, snorting.

“Well, complaining is a bit of a stretch,” The redhead chuckled, holding up her hand and narrowing her index finger and thumb into a U-shape. “It’s more like mentioning it with a bit of a whine and irritation. Jokingly, of course.. But, yes, the lessons might’ve been of assistance and shooed away the confusion. Agreed.” She returned the look, pursing her lips and pinching her brows together with a closed-lip smile. She wasn’t thinking of it as mocking, exactly, but mimicking the common habits of his just to point out she acknowledged them.

“Tch-” She tilted her much like a confused puppy before smiling in utter bewilderment. “-it.. It was just an example, I guess. I mean, nothing can quite explain those types of people. Or, at least, there’s nothing I can think of at the moment. But.. messed up? As in ‘I’m out of my mind’ or…?” She raised a brow before smirking, nudging him. “I mean, who isn’t at least a little out of it, in situations like this? I’ll claim that even I have moments like that, so it could explain so many things. If this is the case, then I completely understand. If not, then I’m still curiously confused.”

“Mhm. It might not be the exact words I was looking for, let alone the correct way to describe it, but as long as you get it, I won’t mention more of it,” Cyrene dipped her head into a nod. She made note of the slight stumble in his words, smiling as if she hadn’t noticed at all. “Well, ‘addicted’ as in ‘I could pick up my life anytime and just leave you here, but I won’t’. Besides, hanging around people like them is more of a.. a bad habit. But, attracted is a good word to use, too.”

“Once again, I agree. Overthinking probably doesn’t have anything to do with classes, actually. But, trust me, those are more than likely not the only blights in this world,” Cyrene looked around, her gaze drifting aimlessly over nothing in particular. “At this moment? Of course. Overall? Unfortunately, no. Anyways, you’re right. Not listening is the blight, specifically. But, what can we do ‘bout it now?” She lifted her hands up, only to throw them down again. An exaggerated shrug. The same thing she had just mocked the elf for. Shrugging. Realizing this, Cyrene laughed at herself.

(( No worries! ))

Tobias nearly opened his mouth to argue before realizing this was just what Cyrene wanted. He firmly closed his mouth and rolled his eyes before glaring at her venomously. He continued glaring for several seconds before huffing and turning his head away from her and crossing his arms moodily.

" Well of course you agree, how could you not? I am the most intellectual and correct person this side of the..." He paused as he wondered as to what side of what he was on. He sighed and finished rather lamely," This side of... everything." He restated. Then he nodded stiffly as if agreeing with himself.Then he sighed and rolled his eyes at her rather exageratedly.

" Messed up as in out of the ordinary. As in not normal. Or, just plain incorrect, not necessarily insane although I suppose that could describe them as well." He raised his arms and flattened his hands so that the palms faced the sky and turned his body into a rather disproportionate W" And no, that doesn't count as shrugging, just to clarify." He said with a glare. Then he laughed," You have "moments?" I thinks you have days, or years." He teased.

" That's aight.I got whatcha meant by it." Then he nodded slowly as he absorbed the new information," Alrighty, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying." He smiled at the use of a slightly larger than average word. Or perhaps the simple fact that it sounded intellegent. It made him smile at any rate.

" And, once again, I say that of course you agree with me, who wouldn't? I mean," he spread his hand in a 'see-what-I-mean?' gesture," who wouldn't? Anyway, I guess you're also correct, on them not being the only blights. And I suppose we can't do much about it now, other than maybe going to detain classes again." Then, after noticing her shrug he simply looked her up and down obviously judging her.

“Awe,” Cyrene pouted, putting away her smile for a moment. She poked his shoulder. “You aren’t mad at me, are ya?” She sighed in a downhearted manner, holding a hand- palm facing upwards- on her forehead and one on her chest. She looked towards the sky. “I am so sorry, Tobias the point toothed princess who runs an army of rebellious, rogue children!” She struggled to keep a straight face as she spoke, turning away in an attempt to hide the smile that cracked. “I will never- and I mean never- mock you again! This female red haired rogue promises!”

“This side of everything,” She repeated, placing her constantly moving hands on her hips. Then, she recalled what she had just promised. Her eyes widened, narrowed, and she exhaled briskly in a pique, vexatious manner. After yawning, she grinned. “Let’s just pretend I didn’t say anything, alright? My promise is still firmly in place.”

Immediately after getting a clear explanation, she blinked confoundedly. “Oh. Oh! I get it now!” She smiled to herself, proud she understood so quickly. “They are strange people. But who isn’t, honestly?” Then, she laughed and nodded. “Alright, alright. I won’t count that as a shrug, I suppose. Close, but not exactly.”

“No problem,” She clicked her tongue, grinned crookedly, and performed the common and signature move of the one and only finger guns. She then recoiled and stuck out her tongue at his following statements. “Ack- Going to classes again? Oh, goodness, never. I don’t think the professors could handle much more of me, especially now that I’ve grown older and gained more freedom.” She snorted.

Tobias rose his eyebrow sarcastically as he watched her performance. Then he crossed his arms," Yes."He pouted," I am very upset. You're always so mean to me, and you're always pickin' on me and..." He added in a sniffle for effect," And you say mean things." He let a single tear slip, a rather useful trick he had learned from his little brother Liam. He brushed the water from his check and grinned at her," Too much?" He checked before flapping a hand at her to keep her from either agreeing or disagreeing ( although he wasn't certain it would work to stop her.) And plowed right through," And why am I having trouble believing that? I mean, seriously never is a long time. And I'm pretty sure you're going to mess up some time before the day is out." He stated.

" What'd I tell ya? I told ya that you would end up messin' up sometime before the day was out." Then he rolled his eyes," Fine, I won't count it against you." Then he pointed a finger diagonally towards her in a warning gesture before waggling it," But next time, beware! I will be watching and I will be accusing." He hissed out, rather dramatically. He's never really felt like acting before, but to tease it was worth it.

If Cyrene was not Cyrene and was in fact Liam, then Tobias might very well have patted her on the head like a dog and told her how good she was at understanding things. However, as Cyrene was not Liam and was in fact Cyrene, Tobias didn't do this, although he looked like he wanted to. Instead he gave her a goofy smile and replied," Good job. You did it." With a sarcastic thumbs up." Ok, ok, sorry. But anyway, I am not strange." He nodded and closed his eyes as if pretending made it true," I am the normaleresterester person in the whole wide world." He added an odd slur to his voice that made his vocals sound childish.

Tobias shook his head, chuckling lightly,"Older? yes. Gained more freedom? Probably. Gotten more wise? Nah." He placed is fingers on either side of his chin as if thinking, although he was also checking if he had finally started to grow chin whiskers and found his skin wanting, and continued," Yeah, I can see why your professors wouldn't want you back." He shook his head, allowing his bangs to whip back and forth like a furry dog," I wouldn't either."

Cyrene tilted her head to the right, holding back a laugh as she watched the elf speak. Honestly, she hadn’t expected the tear, but she didn’t seem too terribly surprised. After hanging with Tobias for a while at this point, she could see past the acting after a moment or so of debating about what displayed emotions were fake and which were real. “Too much? Never. I would’ve let you keep going, have you not stopped yourself,” She finally chuckled. Then, she scrunched her nose and huffed. “And I said I’m sorry!”

The redhead seemed startled, her stare blank and her overall expression seemingly perplexed as she held her smile in place. She was rethinking her decision, honestly. “Watching and accusing,” She nodded, bringing her fist against the palm of her hand. “Got it! No mocking, making fun or picking on you- Nope! Nothing!” She grinned broadly, saluting with a quick nod.

Bite your tongue, Cyrene thought to herself, letting go of the perfect time to mimic the elf. She inhaled. “No, no,” She lifted her chin, using her sing-songy voice. “I know, and I believe you. You are, in fact, the most..” What had he said? “..normal.. normal person? Yes! That’s it. You are the most normal person, and totally not strange at all.”

“Bottom of a snake!” Cyrene swayed her hands, batting Tobias’ arms. “I beg to differ! Alright, alright. Perhaps I haven’t gotten wiser, per se, but I have become more sensible! That’s a good characteristic to have, right?” She rose a brow, thinking for a moment before continuing. “Mhm! And my professors didn’t dislike me just because I was- well-” She gestured to herself. “-but they just didn’t like how I was so unwilling to learn all the time. I think..? But- hey!- I’m incredible! And you know this adventure wouldn’t have been so amazing!” She laughed, running her hand through her hair.

Tobias laughed," Thanks! But I thought I would quit." He crossed his eyes, trying to stare at the spot below his nose and above his lips. He failed miserably and then realized that this might be recognizable and she might pick on him. He blushed and sighed, he had already messed up. Then he placed a hand on his chest," Oh, I am so sorry! I just... I just felt so emotional, and... And I had to vent!" He told her, although his acting was deteriating as he was also trying to cover up for his earlier mistake.

Then Tobias shook his head laughing," You realize that you're makin' yourself a bad deal right? I don't have to live under those rules yet you do. So, I'll be able to pick on you whenever I feel like it, unlike someone." He grinned maliciously at Cyrene," So, have fun with 'at. It'll be real fun for me to pick on you while you can't enact revenge. So, yeah have a whole lot of fun with 'at."

Tobias grinned at the fact that she took his oddities is stride, and at points ignored them. It made it all the easier for him to mess with her," Yes," He agreed with an all too wide smile," I am the absolute normalerest and you know it." He nodded childishly," And I am completely not a strange person, I am in fact so normal that I could be considered boring.There has never been someone more normaler than me."

Tobias swayed his entire body, in a manner that made it appear as if drunk but in fact he was simply evading her attacks. He laughed," You can't even hit me!" He teased, although he knew she probably could've if she wanted to." Ya got 'at right! You ain't got wiser at all!" He continued his string of mockery," His eyes were drawn across her when she gestured and he grinned," No, I suppose they can't hate you for being... well... you. Or were you saying about you being human?" He asked." No, I suppose it wouldn't have been quite as fun if you weren't here to pick on would it?"

“No worries! I completely understand!” Cyrene’s hand returned to the middle of her chest as she nodded, closing her eyes as she did. With a sympathetic smile, she continued to speak, only glancing upwards at his expression with a small snicker. “Just.. Just let it all out. Like I said before, holding back any emotions is not a good habit.” She winced. “Or.. I said something like that, I think. If I didn’t, I did just now, so I’m goin’ with it.”

Oh my glorious skies-” The redhead took in a quick gasp, and she gave away a quick bark of laughter. “What? No, that.. Are you being serious?” She was taken aback. How did she stumble into this trap, again? But, then again, she was still processing what had been said, thoroughly baffled. Then, it clicked. Her mouth dropped immediately, and she unconsciously blinked a handful of times. “I’m defeated. I can’t-” She looked up and pouted, lifting her hands to either side of her face. “This is the end, isn’t it?”

When she had looked down again, she huffed. “I’ll have to admit, Tobias,” She attempted to keep a formal, straight face, “I don’t think you’re speaking English. Is that a word, or are you just trying to confuse me? Is.. Is that a word? Wait- Hold on.” Her fingers brushed over her temples. “I hate to burst your bubble, but I don’t think you’re still speaking my language.”

“Oh, please!” She puffed out her chest and straightened her back, as if attempting to make herself seem somewhat taller. Though, her tough act was certainly cut short when she stumbled unevenly upon fluttering her hand to the side, not attempting to appear so awkward when pulling this off. Nonetheless, she moved on, possibly to cover her tiny mistake. “I could definitely hit you, if I felt like it! Maybe I just wanted to let you off easy. And my professor’s were human, as well! So I don’t see why they would have a disliking towards me because of what I am, exactly.” Then she turned towards him, chuckling underneath her breath. “Ehm- Rude. As amazing, I meant that you enjoy my company. Not because you can pick on me.”

Tobias grinned at her, she might be as good an actor as himself. He frowned, that couldn't be right. He was the best actor in the world. After several long moments he realized why she had snickered he opened his mouth indignantly," Hey! I was... staring at my nose. It's somethin' everyone does." He tried to cover for his mistake, rather awkwardly." Not that you would know 'at, because you're not normal."

Tobias laughed at her expense," You did 'at to yourself 'ere. However..." He started, obviously hatching a diabolical plot,"If you were to, say, allow me to shrug as I wish, then I might... relieve you of your promise." He grinned, amazed at his quick thinking and sharp wit. He was also proud of the fact that he could make such a deal, or rather trick her into one. He didn't think he was going to be honoring his deal. He was more likely to tell her that he had said " might".

Tobias chuckled,"Yes, it is English... Kind of. It's sort of English. It's my... version? of English. It's a made up Englishy word. Okay, so it's not completely english, but it is close. It use to be English, then I took some... poetic freedoms. Just for funzies. Okay, so maybe it's closer to it use to be English, but now it's not."

Tobias simply raised an eyebrow at Cyrene' s " performance"." Sure you could." He placed his hands on his hip as well, partly to mock her and partly to act out his own emotions." I don't know, I'm pretty sure I could bob and sway well enough to dodge." He teased." And, so what? I was just askin' which one you meant." Then he took his hands off of his hips and tipped his head to the left, quite like a curious dog or cat." I would enjoy your company? For reasons other than pickin' on ya?" He asked sarcastically.

“I mean, I’ll take your word for it,” Cyrene chuckled, “but I’m not sure if everyone considered ‘normal’ does it. I believe you, of course, but..” She then crossed her eyes before having to stop due to her laughter, but that caused her to wonder if that was mockery. “As a matter of fact, I would have no idea this is what normal people do. As you said, I am not normal, and this is why; because I cannot cross my eyes long enough to be thought of as normal. Sounds like a good reason to me.”

She raised a brow, narrowing her eyes as she looked him up and down. “Alright.. Deal,” The redhead lifted her hand, but paused in doing so. She had to keep in mind that Tobias wasn’t as familiar with habits of rogues as she was, therefore stopping her from spitting on her palm and offering a handshake to symbolize their clean word. She laughed awkwardly, quietly, before putting her hand back by her side, simply saying, “Honestly?”

She opened her mouth to speak, closed it, and shook her head instead. “Alright, let’s keep in mind, Tobias, that I’m not considered intelligent,” She joked, smiling. “Then.. what? You can just make versions of English?” Then, with a determined face, she clapped twice. “I’m.. confused-bewildered.. befused! Ha! Two can play at that game, Tobias!”

“Well, let’s see,” Cyrene held out her hands, counting on her fingers, “Reasons to enjoy my company.. I’m phenomenal, I can make an adventure outstanding, you.. Oh! You like Duke, and he basically follows me everywhere, so.. that counts!” She snorted. “And let’s not forget, you would have never been in charge of an army without me. So, your welcome!” Cyrene grinned widely, taking note of the slight mimicking the elf did.

Tobias nearly laughed aloud, although he didn't want her to know that he had been trying to see if he had started to grow facial hair, and so he stopped himself before he could. He wondered if she had actually believed him, or if she was acting. He guessed he'd roll with it and hope she forgot that he was in fact the one that had messed up," Yes, of course, you're unnormal because you can't cross your eyes as long as the average person, that is the only reason you're not normal." He stated, hoping the mockery would take her mind off of the origin of the conversation.

Tobias groaned a little inside, this wasn't quite as easy as he had thought, she just asked him if he was " honestly" going to honor the deal. Well, he was telling the truth, he had said " might" after all. He nodded briskly," Sure, I mean, what have I got to lose? Or, more importantly to you, what have you got to lose?"He offered his right hand, although it was covered by his archery glove he still didn't like shaking with his left hand.

Tobias grinned and nodded," Good job! You did it!" He clapped sarcastically," But yes, that's about what happened to the word normal." He shrugged," Except I didn't mix it, but that's neat too. I mean, I just didn't think of mixing it with another word, I could be but I didn't."

Tobias rose an eyebrow," One of those reasons isn't you, it's your horse. And, he didn't follow you up a tree." Tobias grinned at his own bull-headedness," But I suppose I do have to thank you for my own personal army. And being phenomenal is an opinion so that doesn't count, and making an adventure interesting is, well, also an opinion." He let out a single bark of laughter," So, yeah... you have one reason." He clapped once again.

Cyrene shook her head, as if disappointed in herself. She scoffed jokingly. “I mean, I’m upset that I can cross my eyes as long as other people, but at least that’s the only reason I’m not normal, right?” She thought for a moment, looking towards Tobias with a risen brow. Then, grinning wryly, she rolled her wrist, swaying her hand to the right. “I mean, I’m sure there are many other reasons, but I think that that one stands above them all.”

“What would I have to lose? I get to pick on you, and you get to constantly shrug,” She blinked, clearly not seeing the smaller details in the big picture. “I think it’s a sealed deal.” The redhead lifted her hand to shake his, doing so quickly. “Let’s admit, though-” Cyrene looked up and smirked, holding up her index finger. “-I never took away your ability to shrug. I just simply made a gesture to show you that you do it often.”

“So what in the glorious skies did you do with it, if not mixing with another random word?” She snickered. “Note, I’m still befused. But I guess w2e can just leave it at the normalnormaler word or whatever.” She lifted and dropped her shoulders with a foolish, carefree smile, knowing that what she had said was more than likely nowhere close to the word.

“How was Duke supposed to follow me up a tree? He has hooves, for goodness sake! Not to mention, he’s bigger than the both of us!” She threw up her hands and held back a broad grin, nettled. Though this didn’t hide the fact her lips were still curved upwards in an amused manner. “Well, that opinion is a common one, thank you! And you’re welcome for the army! So, actually, all of my reasons are still standing. I think.”

Tobias snorted and wiped his nose with his sleeve," Somehow I'm not seeing that as the number one reason you're not normal. I mwan, you're a rogue, you're a red head which are rare, although that's not necessarily a bad thing." Then he placed his ungloved hand over his mouth trying to cover his laughter," Although I have heard that red heads are monsters in reality." He shrugged," And I'm sure there's other reasons."

After he shook her hand Tobias grinned and answered her," And I said " might" so, I'm under no contract and the deal really doesn't stop me from doing anything, as that was your part of the deal. My part of the deal was that I might allow you to pick on me. Well, I'm not. I said I might, which means that I also might not. And, I'm choosing the latter." He held his hands behind his back as he leaned forward with an all too satisfied grin on his face.

Tobias chuckled with a shake of his head," I didn't mix it with another word, I simply applied basic grammar rules. For instance, if you are fast but I beat you in a race then I am faster. So, if you are normal but I am more so, then I am normaler. Now, if you are fast, and Liam is faster, and I beat Liam in a race then I am fastest. So, I am normalerest. Because if you have both an er and an est it makes it more so of both. Then I just kinda... kept going. And no, not " normalnormal"" He placed his hands in the air as he air quoted," Normaleresterester."

Tobias held up a finger," You said that opinion is a popular one . Bit I stated that two of your arguments were opinions. And, still he is his own," He stopped himself from saying person," horse...?" He asked," And I don't see anyone else here to agree with your opinion, and I so see someone disagreeing so..." His sentenced drifted off as he held his hands out away from himself in a " do-I-need- to-explain- further?" gesture.

(( sorry, got home from stuff and had to eat and go to youthgroup. Got busy, sorry.))

“Ah, yes. How could I forget this fiery red hair?” Cyrene grinned, lowering the tone of her voice to make it seem more gruff. Along with the attempt at a deeper voice, she also used an unfamiliar accent, which was somewhat difficult. “A true monst’r at the heart. So, tell me, young lad. What stories have ya heard ‘bout creatures like us?”

Immediately, she held up her hand, as if recoiling. “Bottom of a snake, Tobias!” The redhead gasped, snorting as she scrunched her nose. To her surprise, she wasn’t as frustrated as she was impressed. “That’s clever! Though, I have a question.” She cleared her throat and took a deep breath. Then, out of all things, Cyrene gave Tobias a playful shove. “Why did you choose the latter? It’s rather difficult for someone like me-” She placed a hand on her chest. “-to not mock someone like you.” She then pointed to him. “Or anyone, really.”

“Pfft- I was close enough,” She nodded to confirm her own words. “Besides, my way just makes it sound like you're twice the normal, so I think it worked anyways. Also, ‘normalerest.. er’ or whatever is a tongue-twister. And you know who’s terrible at speaking and grammar, in general?” She gestured both of her thumbs her way. “This supposedly monstrous, raccoon, red-haired rogue!”

“Y’know what?” Cyrene tapped her chin, a defeated grin slowly spreading across her lips. “I’m starting to strongly dislike your level of intelligence. I don’t think I like your train of thought.” She joked as she chuckled. The two were, slowly, beginning to approach the doors of the palace, and Cyrene couldn’t help but bite back her minor shock. The doors were much larger than she recalled, but, then again, she was used to slipping in through the back.

Tobias laughed merrily at her voice and acting," Oh, only the best. I've heard that they have pointy teeth." He furrowed his brow and placed his index finger on his chin as if thinking," That seems to be the most monstrous attribute people use. I mean, elves have pointy teeth." He opened his mouth, to show a collection of completely normal teeth, although several were chipped," Red heads have pointy teeth." He shrugged, enjoying his newfound freedom to do so." And they have large green ears. But not like elvish ears more like." He placed his hands on either side of his head, then moving his hands away from his head, and then upwards. Then he moved his hands outward again making something close to a very elongated lightning bolt." Very big, not neccesaril y pointy ears." He said, as his hand unconsciously strayed to rub the scar at the top of one of his ears. His left one, the one that was rounded by a knife.

Tobias chuckled to himself at Cyrene's reaction. Then to answer her question he replied," Well, because that's more fun for me.And much more torturous for you. And by the way, thank you, although I already knew that I was clever." He placed his hand on his heart," But, I solemnly swear I might at some point give you back the freedom to pick on me. And, I never said you couldn't pick on other people, just not me."

Tobias nodded slowly," I suppose that works too." He nodded again, this time more quickly than the last,"Ah, so you're monsterous at grammar and English?" He asked, grinning at his own horrible pun. He knew that it was one of the worst puns, but he also enjoyed the amount of annoyance he might end up giving to Cyrene." I understand it now. I know why your teachers didn't want you, and why you had trouble learning." He grinned, although he hoped his last comment didn't dig further than it was supposed to.

Tobias laughed at her reply." Well, I get that a lot. Although... generally it's Liam, saying that my level of intellegence isn't high enough for him." He shrugged innocently as he looked up at the doors, obviously impressed," But, to hear it the other way around makes me rather pleased. So, thank you for complimenting me. Even if you didn't mean it in a nice way."

Smiling, Cyrene curled back her lip and scrunched her nose. “Pointy teeth? Pfft- Of course. I can confirm that as true,” She nodded and folded her arms, watching the demonstration that Tobias gave to her. “But, as for the large ears, I don’t know. I mean, my ears are average size and not green, thank you.” She huffed. Though, the pause caused her to think; how in the world did they go from a somewhat serious conversation, to the sizing of ears and monstrous tales of redheads? Her own thoughts caused her to snicker at herself.

“Awe, don’t flatter yourself too much,” She leaned her head back and in his direction as a smirk formed. “I'll make sure to get you back for this. After I get my rights back. And who else is around, right now?” She laughed, holding out her arms and spinning in a quick circle, as if to gesture to the people around them. The strangers. “I think it would just come off rude if I were to say, ‘Hey! That hat of yours looks foolish!’, don’t ya think?” She laughed, sending a look around just to make sure no one was, in fact, wearing a hat.

“Kick your heels,” Cyrene held up a finger, blinking. “I, my friend, was an awful student, but just because-” She moved her finger in a motion that would resemble the letter ‘Z’. “-I didn’t have the best grammar, let alone could I barely get past this wonderful accent, I-” Her words froze. “Wait. Was that a pun?” She looked towards him, lifting a brow before chuckling. “That.. I’m not even bothered you just said that. I approve.” She clapped, shaking her head with a grin.

“You’re an ignoramus,” Cyrene joked. Then, she tipped her head from side to side, in a ‘I’m-a-know-it-all’ fashion. “I learned that after being called it all the time. You should be proud my grammar goes past the word ‘jerk’ and ‘fool’. Mhm!” The quick hum at the end of her affirmation was simply to hold back a laugh, since she knew how foolish and childlike she sounded.

Tobias shook his head," Nah, see that's where the tales begin to... differ." He said slowly, as if unsure of himself," See most say that you are in fact a pointy teethed, big eared, green monster with large feet and larger toe nails and are under an illusion of a red head. As to why all pointy toothed, big eared,green monsters with large feet and larger toenails would choose to masquerade as red haired humans..." He shrugged," I don't know the answer to that. Other stories say that all red heads are kinda... like werewolves. They're actually the monsters, but only when they transform. Don't know how true that is either."

Tobias chuckled as he lowered his head to look away from her, trying to formulate an idea. He didn't want her to see that he was sticking out his tongue to think. He then pulled his tongue back into his mouth and raised his head with a nod," Yes, of course. It would sound quits rude to say it to them." He held his palm to the sky and held it at arms length, moving it from the left to his right, gesturing at everyone." However, you seem to enjoy picking on 'at king o' yours. So, you could always tease him instead."

Tobias's grin diminished for a moment before he plastered it back on his face. He would've enjoyed his pun more if it had annoyed her, but as is it was still a pun. And, now he had someone to join him in enjoying the pun. He supposed that wasn't too horrible," Well, I would hope you would. I did put enormous amounts of effort into coming up with that ingenious word play." He stated with an exaggerated bow.

Tobias grinned evilly as he realized the mistake in her words," You realize that that is your vocabulary And not your grammar. So, I mean good job for knowing the word ignoramus, but not so great of a job knowing what the difference is between grammar and vocabulary." He stated, rather hurriedly as if afraid he might forget her mistake, or make one of his own, although he did make sure to stick out his tongue.

“Mhm,” Cyrene placed her hands on her hips. “I think I would prefer to be a werewolf rather than something that sounds like it would be from a swamp. Oh! Or one of those scary stories I was told as a kid!” She laughed. “As the green, pointy toothed, and strangely huge beast waddled out from the forest, he held out his claws, greedy for the little redhead’s outer appearance. He, too, wanted to disguise himself.” She snickered. “And— bam! Just like that, the little redhead was gone. In her place stood the monster, who looked exactly like the girl who didn’t know what was coming.” Cyrene stretched, folding her arms behind her back and holding them outwards. “Fun fact; I wasn’t able to go about in the forest ‘til I was eleven. And I might’ve been told a bit of a different story about the monster. Just using yours as an example, y’know?”

“Ah,” She swayed a hand nonchalantly. “Since we're on a bit more serious matter this time, I won’t nearly tease him as much.” She shrugged, but she gasped as a lightbulb clicked in her mind. “Kai! Pfft! How did I forget about him? For a quick explanation, Kai is the King’s assistant, also known as my third favorite person to pick on.” She smirked. “Right after you and the King, of course. Maybe we’ll run into him or something, and I can get the enjoyment of picking on someone again.”

“Enormous amounts? Oh, please,” She chuckled. “I’m sure it didn’t take that thinking to use an adjective and a sort of inside joke in a sentence.” Cyrene reached for one of the doors, pulling it open with a moment of hesitation. She stepped inside, looking around before snorting. “Horseshoes. This place was always so poorly guarded.”

“Same thing, right? I mean, grammar is just a way of speaking, and vocabulary is something you use to speak. Bam— Genius definition,” She nodded, lifting her chin with a smirk. “Yup! Definitely know that is what a genius wouldn’t say, but let’s go with it.”

" A werewolf eh?" He nodded diagonally," Could work." He shrugged," I mean, werewolf, raccoon." He held his hands out as he examined each one before dropping his hands to his sides," Same difference." Then he gasped and his mouth formed into a small O shape as an idea hit him. He placed a finger in the air in an " aha!" gesture," A werecoon. Like a werewolf but when it's human it looks like a human red haired rogue, and then it turns into a devious evil little raccoon that steals without mercy. Or! Or, you're actually not a rogue, until you change. And then you use a raccoons natural thieving abilities to steal things!" He began to speak faster as he pretended to begin to " understand" her. Then he frowned and his brows knit themselves into an expression of confusion," Why not? I mean, Why couldn't you go into the woods? And what kind of " different" story?" He asked.

Tobias shook his head and laughed," You have a list of people you enjoy picking on? And you have them ranked." He shook his head again as his hair wooshed to one side and then the other," Sometimes I wonder 'bout you, yunno 'at? I mean, I suppose I'm not one to talk. The only person I picked on up until a certain female red haired human rogue showed up was Liam so I suppose I'm not exactly experienced in these matters."

Tobias whistled, feigning impressement," Wow! You know your parts of speech." He clapped slowly. Then he raised an eyebrow," Horse shoes? What about horse shoes? Do they protect things? I'm confused." He stated after his string of queries. Then his face settled into a frown as his tongue poked out of his mouth. He stood there, concentrating intensely on what horse shoes had to do with anything.

Tobias placed his hands on his hips, trying to imitate the new body language that Cyrene used," Somehow I feel like if geniuses were snakes, they'd bite you." He stated simply." You'd never see them, 'cause you wouldn't know one if it hit you smack 'tween the eyes."

“I have to admit, that’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard all day from you, but it would make sense,” Cyrene grinned, nodding with a chuckle. “I think the second one is somewhat better, though. I mean, picture this; a werewolf by night, and a raccoon by day kind-of-thing, y’know? It would just.. click better if the traits were there and redheads could still transform into werewolves, I guess. But, who knows? I’m probably putting too much thought into that.” Then, she shrugged in response to his queries. “Well, imagine being told at the age where you believe anything and everything is out to get you that there was a beast coming for redheads. And you were redheaded. Sounded terrifying back then, so I didn’t go into the woods until someone would confirm that there was, in fact, no beast.” She folded her arms over her chest. “And the story was mainly just to keep me from wondering, though it frightened me more than they thought it would. It basically just told of a different monster, and, instead of saying ‘redheads’, they said ‘little girls’, in general. They didn’t change that fact until they realized I wasn’t listening. But, then again, the whole ‘believing-anything-and-everything-is-out-to-get-you’ thing was just a phase.”

“And you don’t? I just list the ones who have the best reactions,” She chuckled. “And, since I’m experienced, I would know what I’m doing. If we don’t count the fact I couldn’t see past this plan of yours. It’s still very unfair, just by the way.”

“I love the sarcasm, Tobias,” She rolled her eyes with a smile. “And- mhm- horseshoes. It’s one of the strange figures of speech I picked up. Kind of like ‘bottom of a snake’ or ‘kick your heels’.” Cyrene laughed. “I don’t know about you, but it makes sense to me. Besides, since I can’t use any form of ‘colorful vocabulary’, I have to come up with other ways to be over-the-top.”

Cyrene opened her mouth to recoil, but she quickly bit back her words. She glared with a tight smile. “I despise this whole ‘I can’t pick on you’ thing,” She shook her head. “I beg to differ on that one! If a snake were to hit me in between the eyes, I’m sure there’s a chance I would know what it is. What else can you mistake the scaly thing for? A fish?”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus