Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

" Wow! Hanks! You make me feel so loved. " He replied sarcastically." Wait," He said, rather confused," So, it's a raccoon and then it turns into a werewolf. That sounds kind of... stretched." He grinned, he had found yet another pun. Then he laughed," Yunno, at 15 and... How ol' did you say you were? " And before she could answer he waved his hands at her," Doesn't matter, we're teenagers and we're still talking about horror stories from our childhoods.You were one to wander off? Sounds about right. I mean, how else were they going to keep you from wandering off other than lying to you?" He pondered.

" Nah, I don't keep a list. I mean, I guess I could see why you would I just haven't... I guess." His hand rubbed on his scar as he tried to think up his next words. As the words came to his mind his hand slowed down and eventually fell to his side. He nodded to himself," The best reactions hm? Whatya mean by 'at? I don't react at all to your pickings and teasings." He shook his head," Nope. Never. And I don't really care if it isn't fair, life isn't fair. And it makes me happy so..." He held out his hands in a " What-can-I-do-about-that?" gesture.

" I know, of course my sarcasm brings you great joy, although it brings me more." He told her." And, I never said you couldn't use colorful vocabulary. Just that I'm not gonna, or that maybe don't use it as often as some." He shrugged," But anyway, thanks for explaining 'at to me."

Tobias shook his head," No, no, no. Those were suppose to be two separate analo... analo... analogies. Yes, that's the word. Anyway, snakes are like geniuses in that they would bite you because you wouldn't know it until it bit you. But a genius, you wouldn't even know it was a genius if it bit you. Okay, so it was a bad comparison analogy thing, but it sort of got the point across. Sort of."
Cyrene Guinevere (played by KingOfDorks) Topic Starter

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe just telling me to avoid going into the woods?” Cyrene shrugged, grinning crookedly. “I’ll admit, that probably wouldn’t have done anything to begin with. But- hey- I’m one year away from being what some would consider being an adult, and that is.. awful. I’ll have to start acting a little more responsible thanks to expectations, I’ll.. have to start thinking more, because I can’t seem to think of any more reasons.”

“Alright, you might not react to all of my taunting, but you certainly have amusing reactions when you do. The King just groans and Kai lectures, so it’s humorous, I guess. Besides, you have a lot of habits that are easier to point out. Shrugging, for example. Oh! And-” She inhaled. Then, with a short pause, she formed an ‘X’ in front of her with her arms, swaying them back to her side after uncrossing them. “Nope! I won’t name them, because that would count as teasing, and I’m sticking to my promise!”

“Oh, with the whole ‘purest elf’ situation, I’m definitely not trying to slip up as much,” The redhead held up a finger, her opposing hand hiding behind her back. “And, allow me to tell you this, I have been doing great so far! Not one swear, nor have I stolen anything!” Her eyes widened somewhat. “I never thought I would say that. Wow. That sounds..” She scrunched her nose, as if disgusted. “..strange.”

“Oh, yes, I knew that. I was just saying; if a snake were to ever just come at me like so, I would not think it was a fish. So..” Cyrene nodded firmly, smiling. “But I think that was a good analogy, at least. I understood what it meant, but I was just pointing out the obvious. I could totally tell what it was.”

" Probably? I don't think it would work period." Tobias stated." Yes, you will definetly have to start thinking more. Then again, more than nothing still isn't much is it?" He asked teasingly. " So I mean, it probably won't take too long for you to start thinking a little more will it? Especially if you stick with me, 'cause I know all the tips and tricks and brainy things." He nodded in confirmation," So, in short, you have to improve on nothing, or improve the nothingness in you, and to do that you must stay near to smart people, like me!"

" The king just growns? That doesn't sound like a very amusing reaction. I mean, atleast when I react I put a little effort into it... Er... I never react to you're taunting and teasing and general misbehaviour, I am above such nonsensical things as that. I don't ever enact revenge on you, or tease you, or pick on you, or yell at you when you pick on me." He shook his head as they continued to walk,," Nope! That's not me! And you better keep your promise." He warned with an impish grin.

" Most things that come out of your mouth sound strange. But yes, somehow it doesn't sound like something your average rogue would admit to. But somehow I'm going to end up thanking you for this at some point. Especially when I get to be an elder and then I get to change things and make things different in my home and generally fix everything. Because I wouldn't be aloud to go there if I was " pure" so, I suppose at some point you will get a thank you. But not today."

" I would hope you could, I mean a fish biting you might have a little trouble. Unless of course you were in the water. Or you put the fish on your nose. Or... I don't know what else you could do to get a fish on level to you. And fish don't have teeth generally. And they aren't as long and thin, they're more stout. But anyway, yeah I suppose you would know the difference so, good job!" He congratulated her sarcastically." So, which door to King... King... What did you say your king' s name was?"

“More than nothing is something, I suppose. But if I hang around you any longer, I’ll become a Poindexter,” The redhead joked, swaying a hand. “Besides, did you miss the part where I don’t pay attention very well? Picking up anything related to intelligence would be infrequent, anyways.” Then, she smirked. “Or you could always admit that you wouldn’t mind my company, since it’s astounding!”

“Well, it’s more like-” Cyrene straightened her posture, swayed a hand to her forehead, and lowered the depth of her voice somewhat. “‘Ugh, Miss Guinevere, please. I see you haven’t matured quite yet. I can’t believe I’m having to trust you with something that could affect our entire kingdom.’” She laughed, returning to herself rather quickly. “I don’t believe he’s too fond of me, actually. But what can I say? He calls me by last name, so if he’s not trying to befriend me, what am I supposed to do? And no worries ‘bout that. No promises will be broken.”

“Uhm- Thank you?” Cyrene rose a brow, chuckling. “Oh! Double thank you! I am, without a doubt, not your average rogue. And- as soon as you're an elder or whatever- I better get that thank you of yours!” She snickered. “It would be amusing to think I had anything to do with that.” She held out her hand, making a gesture to the elf by moving her hand in an ‘S’ shape.

Her eyes broadened. “Fish can bite..?” Then, she looked up hurriedly, flailing her hands. “Ignore that question! It was dumb, and, obviously, it should be unanswered.” Her cheeks flushed with an embarrassed rosiness, and she held back the need to facepalm. “Anyways, it’s King Louis. And his door is just down hall. Race you to it, or would you like to have a reasonable approach?”

Tobias opened his mouth,insulted," Now, if you hang around with me, you will not end up a Poindexter! In fact you will end up a genius among geniuses, like me!" He explained slowly, in the effort to help her understand. " And it doesn't matter if you don't pay attention, it'll just rub off on you. And I cannot admit to something that is false!" He exclaimed.

" Miss Guinevere eh? Sounds rather... formal, doesn't it? I mean, I feel like if he disliked you that much he could've tried a little harder to find someone to send the message." Then Tobias placed his hands in front of him with the palms facing Cyrene in a defensive manner," Not that you aren't a great choice but that... well... I feel like there are lots of people out there just looking for the chance to prove themselves." He explained carefully.

" Only a little. I mean, if I hadn't met you, then you wouldn't have had to keep from cussing and then I wouldn't need to thank you in a few years. So, you were only helpful in undoing the mess that you already started making." Tobias grinned, enjoying the fact that he had just undone the thanking.

Tobias laughed at her question," I thought you were a red head, not a blonde." He joked with a shake of his head." Louis eh? I thought that was the children's king... No, that was George wasn't it? Yes, yes it was." He nodded to himself." Um... We're on important business, maybe we should look professional and not race. Maybe later, in the woods." He pledged her.

“You? A genius among geniuses?” Cyrene raised a hand to her mouth, snorting. “I know I complimented and called you intelligent and all, but.. wow. I mean, you can be smart and everything, but I highly doubt something as big as that. Besides, you’re more stubborn than you are intelligent. How come it’s considered false, eh?”

“Like I said before, I’m one of the few who were crazy enough to admit that I didn’t really care what was out there, and I would just do it to get it over with,” She lifted and dropped her shoulders briskly, though she did begin to wonder if she had possibly pick up the habit of shrugging too often. She sent a brisk gander at Tobias. “And I kinda get what you mean. There are a handful of people who probably needed to do something like this more than I did, really. But, y’know, I got a little cocky with more words- and actions- I suppose.”

“Exac- Wait. No, no,” She shook her head, grinning as if a child had made a simple mistake that could easily be fixed. “Let’s think about it like this; you should just be thanking me for not using such language, and I should be thanking you for not letting me use said words. It’s a win-win.”

She winced. “Ehm- Ouch. I thought we were ignoring that question, after I realized it was very- well- stupid? And I thought it was John?” She grinned, raising a brow. Then she ducked her head into a nod, folding her hands behind her back. “Right. Professional business. In reality, that.. was a trick question! Yup! And you passed the test. Congrats.” She clapped once or twice jokingly.

" Well yeah! Of course I am a genius among geniuses, have you met me? I am a scholar among men, a scribe among people, a speaker among sheep. I am the leader, I am the most intelligent, the most charismatic, the most poweful. I am the one." Tobias bragged sarcastically. Then he placed a hand on his chest in mock hurt," Me, stubborn? When? I am a pushover. I never argue with anyone. Ever. And it's considered false because I don't enjoy your company." He joked

Tobias chuckled as he placed a hand on his hip cooly," So, what kind of words did you use, exactly? I mean, did you actually offend him or did you say something like," I bet I'm stronger than all of your messengers, not that it would take much." Or, likr, oh I don't knoe, something else I guess?" He asked rather exasperated at his own lack of creativity.

Tobias placed his hand on his hip before removing it and offering a hand to be shaken," I promise at some point you'll... get what you deserve." He nodded to confirm it," Yes, you will get the thank you card that you deserve." He pledged.

" Oh, fine I guess I can ignore it for now. Are you sure it was John? I thought it was something simpler. Like George, or Bob." He shrugged before raising an eyebrow in her direction," Uh huh. Sure it was. Somehow I'm thinking that it wasn't a trick question."

“Unfortunately, I know you,” She taunted with a chuckle. “Oh, please. And I’m a legend among thieves, a commander among raccoons, and a warrior among wolves- er.. werewolves, for that matter. Never argue? What do you call this, then?” Cyrene raised a brow, smiling. “A debate? Well, what makes my company unenjoyable, then?” She folded her arms and snickered.

“Pfft- I may be cocky, but you think that sounds like something I would place a gamble on?” The redhead’s laugh turned into more of a nervous stumble in her words. “Besides, I don’t place bets like that anymore- The ones that have to do with strength, I mean. Like, what if he actually challenges me to the other messengers?” She exhaled briskly. “But that’s besides the point, isn’t it? I simply stated I would do it the moment he gave me the letter, and I’d be back as quick as possible. He asked if I understood the dangers or something like that, and I shrugged. Though, if anything were to happen, at least he wasn’t sending someone who would have more impact- or importance, even- to the community.”

She blinked. “Tobias, I was joking,” She looked down at his hand for a moment, as if bewildered. Although, she nodded and shook it hastily, almost immediately letting go, “but whatever you say. Pfft- Is this going to be another clever scheme? You’re making it seem like you actually owe me something.”

Cyrene snapped her fingers together. “It was Bob. And it was a trick, thank you! I was testing if- let me think- if.. I was testing how professional you were! Yup! If I’m going to be hanging around an intelligent person, they at least have to be able to see through any.. stratagems I might set up.”

" Well..." He held out his hands in surrender,"Okay, okay, fine. So I'm not a genius among geniuses, but I'm sure I could teach you something even if it's the speed at which a blue jay would fall if hit by an arrow from thirty foot away, on a branch fifteen foot from the ground. Yes, I actually did the math on that once. A long, long time ago. And somehow I doubt your claims as well. And it's unenjoyable because you pick on me." Tobias pulled a finger back from a closed fist using his other hand to count out the first reason. " You agree to often." He pulled back a second finger," You don't agree enough." He pulled back a third finger," You enjoy puns, so I can't irritate you." He pulled back a fourth finger." I suppose that's it.

Tobias laughed at the beginning of her response. Then his expression soured," Ah, you don't mean 'at. I mean, imagine if the children you take care of had to survive without you, for the rest of the lives. Never again being able to see you, having to make do with what they have on their own, having to steal their own food, having to nurse eachother back to health when they get a flu, having to hug eachother good night every night. Imagine the kinds of lives they would have to live without you." He told her.

Tobias grinned," Oh, you mean like the one with the interesting wording? I get the feeling that you should pay attention to what someone says more often. I don't think you would make a very good lawyer, at all. You don't read the fine print."He teased, hoping she would understand the hint.

" Yes! Yes it was! Anyway, I don't think it was a trick. And thank you for admitting that I'm intellegent. And, if you can't see through mine, then what kind of hope do you have of hiding a strategy from me?" He asked, rather sarcastically. Somehow he got the feeling that she actually could've looked into it further, but hadn't. He wasn't sure she was all she showed, not that he necessarily distrusted her, just that he wasn't sure she was actually this naive.

(( Sorry about the emotional paragraph. Just finished a dnd session in which several people died, and there was sad music and everything.))

“I don’t understand why someone would measure something like that, but I guess I can’t judge,” Cyrene chuckled lightly. “And what could you possibly teach me? I think I know the basics of everything.” Then she held up her hand as an idea came to mind, attempting to stop the elf from listing things that he could think of before she had the chance to. “Almost everything.” For a moment, she fell silent, listening to the reasons that made her company supposedly unenjoyable with a confused grin. “Bottom of a snake. You pick on me, too! And how can I agree too much, and then not agree enough? And who doesn’t enjoy puns? Besides, that’s only three reasons, and they seem easy to fix!”

“That’s..” Cyrene folded her arms, biting her lip for a moment. Her brows furrowed. This was one of the moments she regretted not knowing enough words to possibly explain herself to a point it would make sense to others. Or, Tobias, in this case. “I didn’t mean it like that. I don’t think I did, at least. But, dare anything like that happen, I trust them enough to move on and be able to rely on one another. On the other hand, I wouldn’t doubt the fact that at least one of them couldn’t have.. they wouldn’t make it, let’s say. So, I..” She shook her head, unsure. “Importance to the community. To say that is like saying harming something small like a butterfly or something. I think. Not really, but I guess— Anyways, it’s minor compared to everything else, but it could have an effect on the environment around it. Something major like a.. a tiger or something might not notice that single butterfly missing, but something will.” She noticed her voice had gotten softer the more she spoke, so she cleared her throat. “Or, at least, that’s how I see it.”

“Exactly,” Cyrene nodded. “And, no, I would be an interesting lawyer, thank you. Why surround something considered important with the boring and dull details? Pfft— Of course I wouldn’t read it. And I know I should listen to the smaller details, anyways. But I don't.” She shrugged with a foolish smile.

“Aha! There’s that thank-you,” The redhead joked, pointing at him. Then, after laughing underneath her breath, she tucked her hands into her pockets for the time being. “And, if I were to hide some sort of strategy from you, I would have at least a handful of faith in myself. I’m sure I could come up with something, right?”

Tobias chuckled and shrugged," Well, neither do I to be honest. I was told to do the math, based on how quickly a bird of average weight would fall, how hard the arrow would hit if shot from a bow of average poundage, how much time it had to build up speed." His cheeks grew pinkish as he realized that this wasn't something most people would care about, and that he was rambling. He shut his mouth for a moment, before he found something new to speak about," Only sometimes!" He protested." I only pick on you sometimes. And, sometimes, when I don't want you to agree, you agree. Then, when I want you to agree, you don't agree. You just never do as I want." He grinned, knowing that his explanation wasn't the best one."Liam,the elders." Tobias whistled lowly and widened his eyes," Don't tell them a pun, it doesn't end well." He chuckled as he rubbed the knife scar on his ear gingerly.

Tobias stopped walking for a moment as he took in all the information." Ok." He nodded and jogged a few paces to catch up," So, if pure the butterfly, then who's the tiger?" He. asked, unsure he wanted to know the answer, but unable to stop the flow of questions stemming from his mouth. If he were to stop asking questions, then his head would absolutely fill with them. There would be nothing but questions up there, and so he asked his questions.

Tobias rose his eyebrow," Oh, and what happens when those"boring and dull details" end up being something like me saying maybe? Or someone saying " you'll get what you deserve?" I mean, those can lead in a lot of direction." He grinned, enjoying his taunting.

Tobias shook his head disapointedly," It wasn't about the same thing though, and therefore doesn't count." He argued." Oh, I'm sure you can. I'm just afraid you'll have to try harder. A lot harder if you want to fool this elf." He said as he jabbed a thumb into his chest braggingly with an all too confident smirk.

Cyrene lifted a brow. Surprisingly, she understood what he had just explained to her, and she was somewhat curious as to why in glorious skies one would wish to do such a tedious activity.”Did.. you find that interesting, at all? Or was it something you just did because you were told to?” She queried, but she quickly ducked her head. “Not that there’s anything wrong with doing what you’re told, of course.” Then a smirk creased her lips. “Awe, sounds like the pointy-toothed princess is having trouble understanding that some people are just rather difficult. And that’s a lousy example of people. No offense. But why would you tell someone a pun when they're all brainy and stuff? They’ll just see right through it.” She shook her head with a click of her tongue, recalling the one time she had attempted to say something witty like that to Kai, who had just turned around and asked her what she meant.

“I.. don’t know? I honestly just couldn’t think of another animal that butterflies weren't important to,” Cyrene huffed before slowing her pace somewhat, just so he didn’t have to jog too far. Of course, now that she put more thought into it, there were a handful of animals that she could list within a second, but it wasn’t important now. “But let’s say it would represent.. higher power. Or something. The King, let’s say. Sure, he might stumble across me once, but what are the chances he actually notices my disappearance, after I do this one deed for him?”

“Wait- You’ve said ‘you’ll get what you deserve’ earlier, didn’t you?” She gasped. “Did you just purposely point that out so I’d overthink about this whole situation? Tobias, what the actual haystacks is your plan with all of this?”

Cyrene scrunched her nose. “It should count, really. Besides, it’s one less thing you have to check off your list of duties, right under ‘run an army of children’ and ‘become the world’s most intelligent elf’.” She chuckled. “And I’m sure it can't be that hard to fool you. Maybe.”

Tobias laughed openly," If I asked you if you found it interesting what would your answer be? No. It would be no. I didn't find it interesting. At all."He told her, rather flat toned and annoyed at the idea that he might have enjoyed it. Then he rolled his eyes exageratedly at her," Oh please, I understand that. I just think that you should be a good child and do as I wish." He crossed his arms." I told them a pun 'cause who else was I supposed to tell? I mean, Mirabelle might've enjoyed it but..." He shrugged.

" Gotcha. So, you're saying that you would impact less people. I say, that while you might impact less of ghem, you leave an imprint much deeper on the ones you meet than he does. Everyone has to deal with him at some point, but do they really care about him for any reason besides his position?" He asked carefully, hoping no one who could report him would hear. Then sarcastically he added," And with you, unless he has lesser judges, I get the feeling you meet him quite often." He told her.

Tobias placed a hand daintily on his chest in an act of pure innocence," Me? Would I do such a thing? I don't think I would, I'm the best person here. And I never do anything bad, ever. And I never trick red headed rogues. And... Yeah, there is no plot or plan here." He lied.

" Oh fine, I'll count it. But only this once, got it? And I'm already the smartest elf, thank you! And I'm already close enough to running my own army of children." Then he crossed his arms," And it is that hard to trick me."

“Well, that actually depends,” Cyrene glimpsed towards him. “If I wasn’t forced to learn or do something like that, I just might be interested. Of course, I would forget all of the information rather quickly, but it would keep me busy, I suppose. But..” She lifted and dropped her shoulders briskly and lazily, flashing a smile. “From now on, I’ll try to be the best child. No doubt about it. And it sounds like you had someone to tell puns to, so it can’t be too terribly bad, right?”

“Well, his position is no better than mine. People look up to him because he’s the King, and they are supposed to feel inspired or protected or something like that. People may look down on me because of what I tend to do. For example, the thievery and reckless actions. But maybe you’re right, and I’m just overthinking it all.” She swayed a hand to her right. “Which wouldn’t be surprising. Da- Huckleberry!" Watch it, Cyrene. "I think it’s strange I don’t think enough about the stuff that tends to have more significance, but I give the smaller things way more thought than they should deserve.” Cyrene smiled at herself, snickering.

I think there’s something I’m not quite seeing,” The rogue tilted her head, placing the tilted L-shape symbol she made from her index finger and thumb against her chin, as if suspicious. “And that sounded oddly specific and confident iffy, if that makes sense.” She furrowed her brows, attempting her best to have a serious expression. Though, she did seem to be struggling not to smile.

Cyrene raised a brow, “Why do I feel like I just got caught with my hand in the cookie jar?” She held her hands on her hips, standing up straight. She then proceeded to glance at the elf in order to impersonate him. “Alright, I’ll let this one slide, but if you snatch anymore cookies, I’ll have to take away your..” She looked down at herself. Her voice cracked. “I can’t think of anything, because I really don’t own anything too personal, but that’s that. And, no, that does not count as teasing, and allow me to tell you why; I created my own scenario, and simply used you as a person in it. So, therefore, I think I found a loophole.” Then, she snorted. “Kick your heels. Your own army? Where in the world are you going to find your own army of children? And I still don’t think it’s difficult. There has to be some easy way to fool you, right?”

" Oh, so if you decide to do it that makes it so much better? I feel like you couldn't pay me enough to do that again." The elf elbowed Cyrene playfully," Except maybe in corn. That might just do it." Tobias nodded to himself." And, I'm not sure it's physically possible for you to be a good child. And, I never actually told Mirabelle a pun, so I'm not sure she would've enjoyed it." He shrugged.

" No." Tobias stated." It takes more than a position of power to make others feel protected or inspired." He grinned," I should know. It takes something more. That ability to draw people to you, like some people have. Or actually having done something inspirational in your life." He explained as his hands swayed and fluttered to help him explain." Yes, you are an interesting person aren't you? Perhaps it's your inner genius trying to escape."

" Great, so now you're suspicious. How much does that help you? And what am I going to be doing? I mean, just because I'm being suspicious and all doesn't mean you know what I'm going to do." He explained with a slight shrug.

" Because you did have your hand in the cookie jar. See what I meant, you just can't seem to be a good child. It's not in your blood. I don't know about all that. You really didn't use your own scenario, you said you felt like you had been caught with your hand in the cookie jar, and you were, and then you used that scenario." Tobias crossed his arms as he looked up, remembering his words and looking for any possible problems in his reasonings.

“Well, not.. exactly? I mean, I feel like if I had nothing better to do, I would proceed with something like that,” She chuckled. “And—this is far stretched—but I think you may like corn just a tad too much. But just a tad!” Cyrene flashed a quick-witted grin at him. “And it is not! I’m not sure if I should feel offended or impressed. I’m sure I could pull off—or at least pass as— a good child of some sorts.” She affirmed, believing this deeply ( Even if she knew it was more than likely untrue ). “Well, maybe she would have. Or something. I guess you could assume things like that just by character, huh?”

“..Right,” She lifted and lowered her head, as if hesitantly deciding to nod. “But I guess that all depends on the person, really. I mean, I’m with you on the ‘it depends on what he’s done and not what they have’ statement.” Then, the redhead rose a brow, whispering. “Was I supposed to agree on that, or will I have to change my response?” She chuckled lightheartedly, closing her eyes for a moment as she did. “I am a very interesting person, thank you. But—pfft!—no ‘inner genius’ here. This is.. pretty much it, I think.”

“So you admit that you have a plan or something you will do?” Cyrene sent a gander at him, her brows raised and her eyes slightly broader. “Besides, I’ve always been suspicious. That’s.. Ha! That’s been my plan all along! To fool you into—suspiciously—thinking that I was suspicious about you when, really, you think I’m the suspicious one, but I’m just intelligent!” She held her hand to her chest, raising her chin into the air with a confident smile. Of course, she knew that that had made completely no sense, but she was sticking by it.

“Pfft— Jokes on you. I don’t eat cookies,” The rogue folded her arms over her chest, tilting her head back and forth in a know-it-all manner. Just to add onto the act, she scrunched her nose and smirked. “And I think I did use my own scenario, after using a metaphor to come up with the idea. But, either way the table turns, it doesn’t matter to me. As long as it wasn’t teasing, I’m all good.”

" You're a bit odd aren't you? And no, I like corn just enough." He nodded as he grinned widely,"You like corn too little." He joked," But be that as it may, I doubt even corn could get me to do that again." Then the elf placed his hands on his hips and raised an eyebrow," Sure you could." He replied sarcastically." Because yours just such a good child already?" He shook his head with a chuckle," No, no you couldn't." Then Tobias shrugged," Don't know, maybe."

The ranger rolled his eyes at Cyrene," Yes, you were supposed to agree. Thank you." Tobias said as he fought a grin, which he succumbed to when she continued speaking," Oh, I think we both agree on that. You're very... special." He nodded," Yes, special. And what other reasons do you have for overthinking little things, and underthinking big things?" The elf asked.

" Yes, I do have a plan. Not that I'm going to tell you what it is or anything, but I do have one." He stopped as she spoke, his expression slowly becoming more and more confused before finally he held out his hands to stop her ( although she already had stopped)" Wait a minute, so your plan was to have me think you were suspicious, when really I thought you were suspicious. Isn't that kind of, you know, the same thing repeated twice?" The elf asked.

" Oh boy, and that makes you so much better because...?" Tobias prompted as he waved his hand to cause her to speak before he moved on to the next subject," Oh, gine, you can get away with it just once. After this, I'll... I'll do something!" He held out his finger as if threatening her and frowned comically in order to make. sure she knew he wasn't mad.

“Let’s admit it,” The redhead held out her hands, palm up. “I would be considered to be a little more than ‘a bit odd’. Pfft! I can’t imagine being normal. I mean, we’ve already been over this, Tobias. I’m not normal because I can’t cross my eyes, and I’m a werewolf-racoon redhead. Keep up!” She chuckled. “And I’m a great child, thank you very much! Alright, so maybe I’m more of a chaotic type of person, but that doesn’t mean I’m not good, right? I’m sure I could get by. Y’know, slipping in a good deed with all the bad things I do. That seems like it’ll be fine.” She joked, snickering quietly.

Cyrene held up her fist, bringing it down by her side as if she had achieved something. “Yes! I’ve always wanted to be called special!” She held back a laugh. “What are my other reasons?” She thought for a moment, looking around as if there was an explanation around the area. Simply shrugging, the rogue grinned crookedly. “There’s a scientific version I could look at, and there’s just the ‘that’s-the-way-I-am’ version. I’ll choose the second one.”

“Aha! At least I could figure that out, right? Maybe hanging out with you has done something,” Cyrene snorted with a shake of her head. Then she folded her arms. “Of course. It’s.. dumb, when you say it like that. But now I’ve confused you, so.. that’s.. this is going somewhere! I promise!” She couldn’t help but chuckle at own confident hesitations, understanding that she had begun to confuse herself as well.

“Because my metaphor was-” Cyrene stopped herself in the realization. “I’m taking back what I said about the whole ‘hanging out with you made me smarter’ thing. I have no idea why that was so important to point out, but.. it was, I guess. Yup!” Then she pulled a monotone-like voice, smiling as she rose a brow. “I’m so scared, Tobias. Whatever shall I do?”

" Well, I was trying to be kind. Yunno, trying to downsize your... oddities. Try to help your self esteem but..." He shrugged," If you're okay with it then I guess that's good too." Tobias grinned companionably as he turned his head to look at her." Yrah, I suppose I need to try a bit harder in order to keep up with you huh?" The elf stopped for a moment as he laughed, he then air quoted," You're " maybe" a bit chaotic?" He placed his hands on his hips," I think you're a bit more that maybe chaotic. And I think that chaos is kind of a bad thing, so that sort of does make you bad."

" That's a rather... interesting goal in life. I mean, you do you, but I just think it's odd. Then again, so are you so it kind of makes sense. "Why'd you have to pick the second option"?" He teased," I seem to remember someone else disliking the second choice being chosen."

" Well duh! Of course it is, I wouldn't lie now would I? I'm too good for such things as telling falsehoods. Anyway, where is this going exactly? Some kind of plan go get back at me? Trying to confuse me into forgetting your part of the bargain? What're we doin' 'ere?" The elf rattled off his queries as they came to him.

" That's probably correct.If hasn't, not yet. Or perhaps your growing intelligence has caused you to be confused." Tobias shrugged." And when you get used to your larger intellegence you will be almost as smart as the one and only, Me!" He chuckled lowly to himself as she acted," Nothing! You can do nothing!" He cackled evilly," Bwa!ha!ha!ha!ha"

“Definitely!” Cyrene nodded firmly with a smile. “I’m the good kind of chaotic. Like I said, I have a plan to simply slip in a good deed every now and again. It’ll be fine if I just do that! And not to mention that I’m still a rogue, so that unquestionably gives me credit for being quote-on-quote ‘bad’. Besides, it’s just what you think. So, that implies that it’s an opinion, right? I think being chaotic would be a rather good thing, in that case.”

“Well, it’s a goal nonetheless,” Cyrene lifted and dropped her shoulders lazily with a lopsided smile. “Pfft! I strongly dislike how you can mock me, but I can’t do the same thing. Anyways-” She cleared her throat with a shake of her head and a soft snicker. “-I guess I’ll switch it around, then. The ‘that’s-the-way-I-am’ version, or a more nerdy, scientific version. I’ll take the first option, now that I’ve switched it up.”

“No, no,” The redhead immediately held up her hands in surrender, leaning back slightly as she used the flattest tone possible. “I would never do such things as make you forget my promise. That is not something I would do, Tobias. I-” She then placed her hand on her chest, keeping the other up as a grin tugged at the edges of her lips. “-am innocent, really.”

“Makes sense. Now, I have too much intelligence to handle,” She gasped, running her hand through her hair, “and you have.. an odd villain laugh, but I’ll let that slide.” Cyrene snickered, tilting her head to the right slightly. She came to a stop when the two approached the door, and she raised a brow and looked towards Tobias.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus