Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

Tobias raised an eyebrow," Treading on thin ice?" He asked, he knew the meaning of the figure of speech he wasn't sure it applied to him. He also wasn't sure about being a menace. He was a young blonde haired elf, How much more trustworthy and honest looking can you get? Then he realized what she had said," Half bad? You mean I am close to half bad? " He asked, taking offense, or atleast pretending to.
Cyrene Guinevere (played by KingOfDorks) Topic Starter

"N-No.. That's not what I.." Her voice trailed off as she fumbled with her words, attempting to find the write thing to say. Ice. What was she saying about ice? "Not.. in a bad way? More of a 'you-care-about-what-other-people-are-feeling-and-don't-want-to-tilt-the-bottle-over', if that even makes sense. But- uhm- that's a good thing, to care about others!" She nodded. Cyrene, slowly, reached out a shaking hand towards Duke, brushing her fingers over his neck. She didn't want to upset him. She didn't mean to. "And, no, you're not pad. Not even by a half a chance. I just.. You..?" She nodded towards him with a furrowed brows, obviously confusing herself. "You're a good person. I don't think I mean it.. like that. Apologies! I don't even understand what I'm saying- or.. trying to say, preferably- anymore."

Tobias pulled up the cowl of his hood moodily. He stuck out his lower lip in a pout," You don't like me." He sniffled, trying to sell the act before he pulled down the hood with a good natured laugh. It grew into a full chortle before he doubled over holding his gut. He laughed so hard tears began to stream down his face. He wiped his eyes and face before explaining," Sorry, I don't get many chances to play that kind of prank anymore. I knew you weren't trying to offend, although you obviously have more of a lead tongue then a silver one." His eyes sparkled with humor as a single beam of sunlight fell through the canopy and illuminated his golden hair and eyes." Couldn't help myself, I'm sorry." He apologized before smiling mischeviously," But it was kinda funny, even you have to admit that." He teased.

And sometimes she wonders why she hesitates to trust people. Before Tobias had pulled down his hood with a good laugh that would raise the spirit of Cyrene, she was sent into a stage of anxiety and unease. She had screwed up, and she didn't know how to fix it. Only moments before were they joking about her attacking rapid leaves, now she felt as if she had spat insults carelessly without even realizing it. She took another breath. It was quick and short, but she held back the urge to take another one. She might not be magnificent with words, but she could breathe.

Then, she heard the relief of laughter. At first, it had completely surprised her, but she quickly found out why he was doing so. "Oh, all the glorious things above-" Cyrene's jaw fell open, and she lifted her hand to smack the elf's arm. She struggled holding back a laugh of her own, not to mention the weak grin that spread across her face. "You jerk! I thought you were upset with me!"

Tobias's mouth opened in mock indignation. He raised a hand to his chest," How dare you slap the hands of a royal." He mocked in his best" important person" accent. He smirked," Ok," He conceded with a tilt of his head,"I admit that was a little rude, but you have to admit it was kinda funny. Even for someone of your "standards". " He put up his fingers in a set of air quotations. Then he grinned again," And I was upset." He stuck out his lip again and pretended to pout before straightening up his expression and smiling widely to tease her.

“Alright.. I suppose it was a little funny,” Cyrene huffed with a small grin, crossing her arms over her chest. “And I apologize for any confusion or negative emotions I caused.” She nodded a few times, rolling her eyes jokingly. “Someone of my standards?” She looked towards him, confused. “What.. do you mean?” Did she make it seem like she had standards? What did that even mean, to her? Was it anything good?

He flapped his hand at her before explaining in a fake snotty tone," I thought you were a professional prankster. And someone of your..." He sat for a moment as he thought," Prestidge." He nodded," Yes, someone of your prestidge should be able to come up with much better pranks. And therefore you would set a higher standard on pranks and jokes." He grinned, knowing this was most likely not the case.

Cyrene smiled harshly, pinching her brows together. “Ah, Tobias, I wouldn’t be so quick to say something with such tone,” The rogue leaned her head back, reaching her arms into the air as she stretched. “You forget who has the upper hand, here. Or, hoof, in this case.” She looked back at the elf with a taunting smirk, winking. Then, without a third thought, Cyrene curled back her lip and yelled ‘That!’ in a gruff, low voice, which roughly translated to ‘Go!’ in English.

Duke, startled at the command, whinnied and pushed forward, weaving past a gathering of trees in a gallop. The rogue watched as her animal colleague took off, and she cupped her hands around her mouth. “Say the magic words and he’ll slow down! Hold on to his reins, but don’t pull them!” She couldn’t help but chuckle, though she did pick up her pace just in case. Duke knew better than to bring harm to any of his potential riders, but she wanted to be cautious nonetheless.

Tobias's eyes narrowed in suspicion," Hoof eh?" He asked, rather unthreatened.Then they grew wide with shock. He involuntarily gasped as the horse took off. He dimly heard her words through the fog of fear. His mind worked overtime before realizing the problem." Magic word!" He yelled as he tried not to pull on the reigns. His knuckles went white as he gripped the leather reigns. " What kind of magic word!" He asked wildly before he began to spout out random words," That! Stop! No! Quit! Slow down!" He called before he thumped, not to hurt just to get attention, duke.

“Try and not to act so skittish, Tobias!” The rogue called in return, her smile lopsided. “Just ask him to stop! He’ll listen if you just trust him! Besides, he won’t throw you off unless you provoke him.” Cyrene tried to hold back her laughter. The fact the elf had yelled ‘magic word’ made this situation a little funnier. Of course, he probably wasn’t finding it as amusing as she was, but they would laugh and tease about the situation soon enough. Hopefully.

Tobias raised an uncertain eyebrow. He knew she couldn't see it, but it still made him feel slightly better about his situation that even when he was scared out of his wits he still had the state of mind to give her a look. He breathed in to steady himself," Duke," He started forefully," Please, stop." He demanded the horse, hoping against all hopes that the horse would listen.

Duke, fortunately, did come to a slower pace. Though, he seemed hesitant about it. His ears had perked in response to hearing his name, and he turned his head somewhat. Then he scoffed and thankfully lessened his pace to a trot. He didn't seem to pleased with being startled, to begin with.

Cyrene wasn’t too far behind the two, and she was laughing as she approached. “You should’ve seen your face!” She snorted, covering her mouth with her hand and shutting her eyes as she continued to snicker. “Apologies if that frightened you to badly, but-!” Cyrene took a breath, wheezing by this point. When she regained herself, she placed her hands on her hip and smiled broadly. “So, how was your first riding lesson? Swell, I hope?”

Tobias rolled his eyes," Yunno, If I hadn't just picked on you, you would have to keep watching your back." He told her. Then his expression lightened," But, seeing as that was revenge on me, it doesn't really make sense for me to take revenge on it does it?" He asked, still breathing rather heavily from the stress." I suppose for a riding lesson, it could've gone much worse. I could be underhoof. Or trampled." He shrugged," I suppose I'm ok." He finally answered.

“Oh, please,” Cyrene grinned crookedly, folding her arms over her chest. “How would you get me back? What could be better than watching someone helplessly panic on a horse that you understand more than an actual person?” She chuckled. Though, she frowned with worry creasing her expression. “But it wasn’t going to go worse. I wouldn’t have let that happen. But-” Her smile returned. “-I’m glad you’re alright.”

Tobias shook his head laughing good naturedly," I didn't mean it that way! I meant that if it was a different horse, or owner, Then it could've gone worse. He blew his bangs out of his face with a huff of breath." But, I suppose for a first time it was pretty good." He shrugged," So, how far is your kingdom?" He asked her slowly.

She chuckled lightly, running a hand through her hair with a smile. "Like I said before, Duke probably isn't the best first choice, but if you liked it, then.." Cyrene shrugged. At his question, she looked around and squinted. Bottom of a snake, she needed spectacles. "It isn't too far, now, I think. Anxious?" She rose a brow, looking back towards Tobias.

Tobias grinned down from the horse widely. He enjoyed the company of Cyrene, it was refreshing if slightly annoying at times. He supposed that was the way of most relationships."Well..." He paused," I suppose I am." He breathed in discontentedly," Its just that... well, I'm suppose to be helping my people and everything, and I don't want to mess this up." He smiled grimly," 'cause that would be just what we needed." His voice dripped with sarcasm." Not like we've already offended one set of leaders. Wouldn't it be just the thing if I mess this up just like the last time." His youthful unease and insecurity showed clearly through his words, and posture.

Cyrene chuckled. “Look at the bright side,” She smiled, tilting her head to the side, “if we screw this up— which we won’t—we can just.. run away and screw the rules!” She laughed, though she wasn’t joking. That could always be a back-up plan, dare they need one. “Besides, the people here aren’t all that bad. Just don’t steal anything or upset anyone who could easily shred you to pieces, and you’re all set. Nothing to be worried about. I promise!” The redhead clasped her hands together.

Then, she paused. “Do.. you hear that?” She made sure to quiet down, her eyes widening by the slightest. Then, she gasped. The bustling and faint music was slowly becoming clearer. “We’re almost there! Alright, Tobias—” She turned and looked at him with a wide grin. “—throw your worries away. I’m sure if I don’t get cocky and you stand up for whatever, we’ll be fine!” She joked, recalling what had happened with the previous set of leaders.

Tobias snorted and pressed his heels into the side of the stallion hoping that Duke would get the idea that he wanted to go faster." I was standing up for you!" He called indignantly to her. Then he shrugged snobily," But if you don't want me to stand up for you." He teased before the corner of his mouth began to lift into a smile," Unless you really need me too."

"Tch!" Cyrene grinned, scrunching her nose at his words. "Despite being.. thankful for what you said back there, I could have taken care of myself. Besides, what he was saying didn't really do any harm, anyways. I've heard worse." She chuckled incongruously, watching as Duke picked up his pace to the slightest. She would have to do the same, dare they pass her. "But do whatever you please. I won't stop you." Then, after a small snicker, she fell into a slight silence. But she was quick to speak again. "Question. Why'd you stand up for me, anyways?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus