Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

Tobias scrunched up his face a little more as he thought about how to politically answer the question. He didn't want to sound soft in front of Cyrene, but he also still needed an answer for the question. He rolled his shoulders into a soft shrug as he decided to tell her the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." I suppose it's because you're my first real friend." He sighed discontentedly, he wasn't normally one to talk about his feelings." Unless you count Liam, but he's my brother. All the other elves near my age are, well, closer to his age. About two or three years younger than me. And the other's are about five or six years older than me." Tobias explained unhappily before he gave a weak smile to Cyrene.
Cyrene Guinevere (played by KingOfDorks) Topic Starter

To be honest, she was somewhat surprised. She attempted not to show this in her expression, but her eyes did widen as she stiffened. With a sigh, she grinned delicately and looked towards him. "I can't believe you said I was the soft one here," Cyrene spoke in a quietened tone, but she laughed nonetheless. "But.. thanks, I guess. Nice to know I can call you a friend without second guessing myself." She joked. "Besides, I understand where you're coming from. The people I hang around are usually no older than thirteen. Honestly, you're the oldest person I've met in quite the while, even if I'm nearly two years older than you." She chuckled, tucking her hands into her pockets.

Tobias chuckled," Would ya rather I lied to ya?" He asked sarcastically." And you doubted our friendship? Tut tut tut."He expressed his disapproval as he shook his head in mock sadness. Then he grinned," Oh," He started as he batted at the air near her with his hands," You don't need to always be showin' off that your older." He teased her. Then he tilted his mouth this way and that thoughtfully," Although it is nice to know that I'm the oldest person ya know."

"Pfft- I didn't doubt our friendship, exactly. I just have some trust issues, that's all," Cyrene rolled her shoulders into a light shrug. She raised her hand to brush the hair from her face, yawning as she did. A smile formed on her tired expression. "Age is the one thing I can brag 'bout, really. Besides my story-tellin' skills." The redhead chuckled. "In the part of town where I'm from, it's a blessing to be younger. Well, older than ten but younger than sixteen, at least. It's like you can get away with downright anything!" She then looked towards him with a sharp stare. "Don't try anything, though." Then, after turning her attention forward again, she grinned. She could just barely see the gates that would let them into the the hometown of bustling people.

Tobias furrowed his brow worriedly. He hadn't realized that she had problems. He guessed he had always thought that once you get past a certain age everything just... did what you wanted. He bit his lip nervously, Although he had spent hours poring over books on how to speak to people and how to council others he still found himself tongue toes in this situation. He fidgeted with the reigns," Erm..." He started," I'm... sorry. I didn't know..." He breathed. He listened to her talk of how his age could benefit him and grinned deviously. He could see this working to his advantage all too easily. He had been raised by the system, and all though His system was most likely different then the one in the human kingdom there was bound to be similarities. Similairities that he might exploit. Although youth being helpful was a new one on him, so maybe he'd be surprised. He shrugged in response to her stare and warning," I'll try." He told her. The butterflies swarming in his stomach were tearing his attention from the gate, and from the sarcastic quips he could've been using.

“Eh, no need to worry about it,” Cyrene swayed a hand, as if her own problems weren’t hers. She acted as if they didn’t matter, and she would like to keep her mindset like that. If her problems were to get in her way, then what mess would she become? It was strange to think like that, but she supposed that’s just how she was raised, which wasn’t surprising. Knock down what holds you back. “Tobias, I’m serious. We both know you’re already going to draw attention because you’re an elf, and, dare you try something, it’ll be easier to recognize you. Not to mention you’re traveling alongside me, and I’m being watched like a hawk by some folks. You’re caught stealing something from someone once, and all he-” She put a hand over her mouth. Inhaling, the redhead lowered her hand and acted as if she weren’t on the verge of using such language. “-and suddenly you’re kept an eye on at all times. Good skies, I’m hanging around the adults too much.” She shook her head in disbelief, sighing.

Then, as the two began approaching the gate, three guards came into view. Each were covered head to toe in shining, silver armor, and they all seemed to have matching swords hanging by their side. One, the farthest to the left, took a step forward. “Who goes-?”

“Lovely day, ain’t it?” Cyrene winked, folding her arms as she kept walking. “King’s messenger. I’m sure you’ve seen my face on a poster once or twice?”

“Mhm,” The guard answered with a quick nod. “Wanted dead or alive. So, how did-”

“Awe! Don’t make such a whine over that,” The redhead laughed, patting the guard in the middle on the shoulder. She then proceeded to gently push him out of the way, sending a look behind her. “Go ahead and open the gates with haste. We have a letter to deliver to the King, and there’s no time to waste.”

The three guards glanced at one another, hesitant. Then, one began shuffling towards a lever before pulling it downwards. As the gate swung open, Cyrene smiled crookedly, tilting her head towards Tobias as a gesture to follow her.

Tobias's jaw dropped. Cyrene just... what did she do? Witchcraft? He shook his head and walked through the gate staring wide eyed at the guards. He walked over to her slowly, his head on a swivel as he looked about himself." What the heck did you, how did you.... What?" He asked awkwardly. He brushed the tips of his ears with his hand and twitched his lip nervously. He sighed, perhaps he could find a way to hide is... He smacked himself in the forehead, he had a cloak which would cover his ears. He pulled up the hood and grinned," I'm a normal human Cyrene, whatya mean I'll attract attention?" He asked in mock innocence.

"Oh!" Cyrene laughed, snorting in the process of scrunching her nose. "Don't worry. I'm familiar with those three, since I come in and out so often. Besides, I'm not 'wanted' anymore, so I'm not a bother towards them." She sent a grin his way. Then she added quickly and under her breath, "I might've helped with one of the guard's children." Coughing, she waved her hand and smiled. There was a small opening before the marketplace, where dozens of different colored kiosks were placed in a line up and down the road and selling whatever they pleased. Not to mention the people who were either forcing their way through the crowd or browsing at one of the many stands. She took a deep breath, looking back at the elf who claimed to be human. With a amused snicker, she held up her hands in surrender. "Ah, I see! I must've made a mistake."

Tobias chuckled before leaning in towards her and whispering lowly," Helped? Like watched over while he was gone or cured them of an illness?" He asked her. He leaned away again and looked about himself. The colors were bright in his eyes, he was use to the dark greens and browns that the elves used. He studied each vendor in awe when he realized his mouth was hanging slightly opened. He closed it firmly and looked back to the guards. He hoped his disguise would fool any casual passerby.

Cyrene looked back. “The first one. From what I know, he had a few errands to run, but his kid left the house or escaped or something. I just led her back to the house and made sure she didn’t leave again.” Shrugging, the redhead noticed the wonderment in his expression, and it caused her to smile slightly wider. “And I’m guessing you are enjoying the sight of a common market..?” She joked, laughing softly. Cyrene made sure to keep an eye on Duke, as well. Since he was a fairly large horse, he was easier to get himself into some sort of trouble than one might think.

Tobias blushed and dripped his head to look at the ground," Um... er... no, I see this every day." he covered awkwardly as He rubbed the back of his neck worriedly.He nodded slightly and breathed out unhappily." Did i mess up already?" He asked before deciding if he acted mischeviously then he would more seem normal,"So, what kinda trouble am I suppose to be getting into today? I mea. I already stood up for someone, so now I'm looking to even things out with a little mischief." He grinned," And then I could make sure to mess everything up, like you told me not to." He shrugged," Yunno, either way."

"No trouble," Cyrene shook her head, stiffening slightly. "Standing up for someone-" She made a small gesture to herself quickly before moving on. "-is enough for today, not to mention pis- ack!- irritating your leaders. Like I said before, I don't want- nor need- you to be in anymore trouble, due to your important role. Dare you be anyone else, I might shrug it off and say 'Go for it!'." She tossed a weak smile over her shoulder. "Besides, we're just delivering the letter. There's no need to stir up commotion."

Tobias laughed," Yunno, I thought a few hours with no company besides me, Liam and the elders would make you slightly... less adult. " He shrugged," And I guess that also meant you would speak like one." He grinned," Although I suppose I'm not gonna yell atcha too much. After all I'm the one that's going to be getting into some troublr." He rubbed his hands together as if warming up for a big plan. He grinned to her to show that he wasn't actually going to get into any trouble. Then he frowned," Do they accept woven currency here?" He asked as he looked at the market.

Gah! My weakness!” Dramatically, Cyrene held the back of her hand against her forehead. “Being compared to an adult! How will I go on?” Sighing while attempting not to smile possibly too broadly, the redhead lowered her voice somewhat. “I suppose.. I suppose you could steal something minor, like an apple or.. Something. But I’m not going to save your bottom if you get caught!” She laughed. Though, she paused in slight confusion. “Woven? As in, woven baskets or quilts? Uhm- I don’t… think so? But there are some places that trade. Meaning an apple or two is probably worth whatever it is you have your eyes on.” She lifted her brows and nudged him with her elbow. Hopefully, he got the hint.

Tobias raised an eyebrow," Does it look like I have an apple?" He asked before grabbing out a piece of woven leaves. It was somehow woven into a coin shape, with the ends all braided together to make sure the weave didn't come out."Elven currency. Woven currency." He shrugged," Not worth much except as money, like your... what do humans use for money?" He asked her. She had , after all, only said that some places were ok with trading. That meant that others wanted some form of currency. He entertained the thought of stealing an apple before his eyes wandered over to a vendor with corn. His mouth began to salivate and he wondered about his chances of getting away with a corn. He shrugged, probably not all that great. Even when he had been use to doing things like that he had still been caught usually.

"What do we use?" She repeated the question blankly, patting her pockets with her hands. "Well, they sort of look like golden coins with something branded in the middle of it?" Cyrene looked down at herself. If she had one to show an example of, she would gladly do so. Unfortunately, she carried nothing but the weapon and it's fire on her back. Of course, she didn't want that to be obvious, so she changed the subject with haste. "I'm sure you could trade your currency for ours, however that might be worth. They'll probably just turn around and sell your currency as an artifact or something like that." She raised and lifted her shoulders into a shrug with a light chuckle. "And that's why I offered stealing, after hesitation. Who knows how to work with all the trading activities?"

Tobias shook his head with a grin." Now why would I go and do something so illegal and mischwvious like 'at?" He asked sarcastically before tapping his index and middle finger to his temple and then to her in a casual salute. He disappeared in a slight flash of light. He reappeared quite a way in front of her, this way he wouldn't cause others to think that she was at all connected to him if he was caught. He looked around as he regained his strength. He grinned as he spotted a corn on the cob. He looked about again to make sure no one was watching the teleporting elf. He breathed out in relief and walked over to a vendor he began speaking, moving his hands while his mouth moved, so as to distract the storekeep. As he continued moving his hands and speaking mesmerizingly he snatched a piece of corn from the vendor and it disappeared into his sleeve. He nodded and continued speaking for a moment before walking over to Cyrene with a victorious expression on his face, as if bragging to her. He grinned and pulled it out and some butter to spread on it. He bit into it woth a murmur of pure delight.

As the elf disappeared, she chuckled and folded her arms. She had to search for a moment before she finally spotted him, and she kept a weary eye on him before giving him a moment of trust. "Hey, Bud?" Cyrene looked towards the stallion that stood alongside her. "You remember the way to the ol' warehouse, don't you? Why don't you go ahead? I'll meet you there after I take care of 'business' the King sent us on. Don't let anyone touch that satchel of yours, got it?" With a nod and a quick pat, the redhead took the reigns and turned Duke around before giving him a gentle shove, motioning for him to be on his way. That satchel was rather important to her, but she decided it would probably be best to get it to the warehouse before the items inside it spoiled. She would have to thank Tobias for that later, too. Ah, right! Tobias!

Cyrene spun around, grinning crookedly when she saw the elf returning from his small adventure. "Corn?" She teased. "You could have lost your hand for corn?" After holding back her giggles, she snorted and jabbed her index finger in his direction. "You see, Tobias, this is why I act like an adult when it comes to these sorts of things!"

Tobias grinned and several pieces of corn slipped out between his teeth and fell onto his chin. He frowned and closed his mouth and wiped his chin with the back of his sleeve." Whatya mean? It's literal gold!" He exclaimed between large bites of corn. He ripped into it viciously and finished off the last pieces of corn. He poured slightly as he looked sadly down at the husk of corn. He looked about himself for a place to throw away the husk. When he didn't immediately find one he looked to Cyrene and asked her," Where would one find a place to put his last remnants of buttered gold?"

Cyrene chuckled, casting a glance around the area as well. "Well," She pinched her brows together in concentration. "Just throw it, I guess. Someone will pick it up or something. Or you could just drop it, and then casually keep walking." She shrugged, but she began to snicker softly anyways. "Besides, there is no way corn can be that good! You had a piece back at your village, right? My guess is you think it's gold?" The redhead taunted with raised brows.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus