Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Fading Beacon

Evelyn (played by jfo7)

Evelyn laughed (quietly this time) "Okay so how do we send it to her?"
Chase Smith (played by Tugboattom)

Chase chewed his lip," Well.. I don't rightly now." Then his face lot up as an epiphany hit him.He stared intently at the letter, commuting it to memory," I'll send it as an illusion. O don't know how else to reach the queen, but I'm sure if the letter shows up in the form of..." He sat there thinking," a burning leaf." He shook his head," No... That's not creative enough. A Phoenix. Yes a purple phoenix. That's got to grab their attention. Then when someone touches it it will turn into the letter... Yeah I think I can do that." He said lifting his arm. A fiery bird materialised on it. It shifted from crimson to a deep lavendar. He laughed as it flew off.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

"Wow, show off" You could hear the sarcasm in Evelyn's voice. She laughed. "Okay, so where to now?"

" The bird or us?" He asked, his face guileless. He was being completely serious.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

"Us. Where should we go?"

" Yes." He replied smiling. He had no clue but he didn't want to admit that.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

"Yes?" Evelyn was very confused. "That wasn't a yes or no question..."

He laughed," I know, but I don't know the answer, and saying 'yes' is much quicker than ' I have no clue ' so...yeah"
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

Evelyn laughed. "Well maybe you can actually show me around the kingdom" Evelyn said in a questioning voice.

" Alright but this time, I think we walk." He said as he began to walk out of the library. Then he frowned, turning back. He grabbed a book of the shelves." I know how to read a map because I can see the world like a map, from a birds eye view. But I'm not too good at remembering how to not get lost in the streets." He explained.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

Evelyn laughed again. One of the things she liked about Chase is how he never failed to make her laugh. "Then lets go!" she said as she walked out of the library.

Chase walked compabionabky next to her. He enjoyed showing her to all of his favorite shops and vddors, and showing her his best tricks. One vendor was selling Apple's when Chase was struck my creativity. He made all the apples shrivel and age, then works began to eat them. Once the illusion had done it's work he focused back in on the Phoenix that was carrying the letter. He had nearly dropped that illusion. He mentally berated himself for being so careless.

(( if there was an emoji for a fist pump I would be using it. chase' s whole purpose was to be happy and goofy and make people laugh. thanks for acknowledging that!))
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

Evelyn was amazed by all of his tricks. This kingdom was so different compared to the elf kingdom.

(no problem :P )

Chase enjoyed this chance to talk to someone, his life had been fairly lonely living on the streets, although he had been able to get by. He also enjoyed being able to stretch his abilities to their max. Holding onto the pheonix, which was already a complicated illusion, and maintaining other illusions to wow Evelyn taxed him greatly. He made sure he still had enough to deliver the message, but not much more. He continued through the tour with the map in hand, only following the wrong route once. He found his way again and they saw the most of the kingdom, or atleast what he had the ability to show her without the Queen' s permission.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

"Wow...this kingdom is absolutely beautiful!" Evelyn said in amazement.

Chase smiled at her praise. Somehow he felt proud of his kingdom. Even if it weren't truly his. Or even remotely close to being his. He was still proud to call it home," Thanks! Oh boy. Tomorrow aught to be interestin'. What with all the magic I did, I'll prolly be magicless tomorrow, atleast for the greater part of the day." He shrugged," When it comes back it'll be stronger. And besides flight is it's own kinda magic." He smiled computationally to her.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

"Yeah, I mean, I can't fly and it was really cool to be able to for once." Evelyn was looking back up at the sky where they had been a couple of hours ago.

Chase grinned,enjoying that someone else loved flying as much as he did." Well the sun's settin' we best find a place to sleep." He said looking up at the sky.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

"Yeah, okay." Evelyn said looking back at Chase. "So, where were you thinking?"

" Well..." Chase ran a hand through his blonde hair nervously," I've been sleeping under the stars just out of the city, but I'm not sure how to get out of the city on foot. The map doesn't go that far. And I don't think I can carry you that far."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Fading Beacon

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus