Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Character Show-and-Tell!

Welcome! I hope you find some great RP's here.
Hey there, welcome to the site--though it looks like you've got a great handle on the character creation portion already. Nice page!

I think you might have an easier time getting an interactive back-and-forth on the RP Discussion forum (folks in the Introduction area often copy-paste their welcome info, which is a pain but I suppose understandable if they're trying to keep up with all the newbies.) I love the idea, though, and I'd love to share what I've got so far. :> Datoya is my only 'finished' character in that she's ready to play, though I have a tonne of NPC-level characters here as well that I'm mostly playing in the D&D-ish forum thread I've set up here (opening May 1st.)

For a young satyr, I feel like you could go a lot of directions with her! In D&D satyrs are known for their fey nature and extremely chaotic alignment, meaning that they are tricksters just by nature. They're often a little childish and mean (though not harmful)--but yours might have something different that makes her special. Where do you want to RP her? Is she trying to get home, or does she have a patch of territory that she guards as her domain? Is she fully of satyr ancestry or only half, and does that mess with her alignment and inclinations? If she had to pursue one ambition or one thing to her heart's content, what would it be, and what could you as a player do to throw obstacles in the way?

There's a cool link in the RP Discussion area that has a bazillion links to character building. They may not all apply to your new character, you might be able to mine them for some prompts to help build your character more deeply.

For me, I usually build the starting blocks of a character and then throw them into an RP thread to see how they develop. I'm not as big a fan of backstory as I used to be, especially when it's so tough to get long-lasting threads and make new friends. So... my more recent plans have been to give a few starting points and then to add to my characters as I go along. It's been working fairly well so far!

Best of luck, and welcome!
Welcome to RPR!

I'm going to have to throw out my oldest and bestest boy, Domitus, but as his warnings will state he's got some mature themes on his rpr so don't peak if you're not up to that!

As for your satyr, I don't have any good advice as far as creating based on set lore, but I will say this: you can make anything you want here on RPR, and people will love your creation. Have fun with it! Do what you want! There's so many different versions of lore for every critter you can think of, don't feel like you have to box yourself in :^)
Heya! Welcome to RPR :)

I love this idea and I would highly encourage you to replicate it in the RP Discussion forum as some previous people have suggested as well. I don't want anything to get lost!

As for characters, yours is lovely. I don't generally create characters on set lore myself, just general timelines/world settings but without strict requirements. I like to have flexibility in my character design, so I am of little help there. I will say; however, that this is a place where imagination and creativity can shine and you will be applauded for all of your neat ideas!

I can't wait to see what you and your characters do here on RPR! Happy Role Playing :D
ayye spiky, welcome to rpr~
i think we might be into some of the same types of rps!! :o

currently all of my characters are major WIPs but i'm loving tolkien, he's cute and seems like such a sweetheart.
i hope you enjoy your stay here at rpr and have lots of fun
Hi! Welcome to RPR! If you have any questions or would just to chat, feel free to PM me. There is a couple character show-off forums that you can check out.
Welcome aboard! You picked a great time to join with this being the start of epic week. I looked at your character profile. Interesting that you used a scale of 1-10 on your stats instead of the traditional 3-18. Are you looking to make a homebrew game on here?
AdoniVae

Welcome to the cozy family :) I do hope you like it here :D

I dont know how to help with Satyrs(never had one as a character before), but i am sure there are some good sites out there on history, anatomy, lore, and other fun stuff :)
Welcome to RPR! Thanks for offering up a character to show off right from the get-go. :) I'm afraid I'm pretty out of touch with actually RPing presently, but here's a character of mine I'm fairly proud of: Chasu Maru.

When you say "pre-technology," what do you actually mean? The first time one of our distant ancestors thought of a tool actually counts as technology, and "recent technology" is extremely subjective, so it's important to specify what you mean. :)
Spikycactii wrote:
Hey y'all! To get introductions out of the way: I'm a bit new to this site, and marginally new to RP. I've been writing all my life, but have always longed to co-op some thrilling adventures! My favorite genres are pre-technology fantasy and romance, but I'm a bit of a sucker for blood and guts with a side of betrayal. Please do feel free to introduce yourself!

Anyhow, onto the meat of the post! I thought a fun way to get into the community would be a character meet and greet! Not IC (In-Character) of course-- rather, sharing our character site links to put ourselves and our creativity out there. I encourage all of you to share your finished sites, your WIPs, and especially your character ideas! Rather than scrolling through the community characters one by one, I figured this would be a nice way to be involved and social with our character snooping.
I'll go ahead and push off a start! I encourage y'all to spread positivity and constructive questions/criticism! This is supposed to be an interactive forum afterall ;) Please do be kind to all who post
Here's one of my two (posted) charas: Tolkien Auber Character Site
However, I'm in the process of creating a satyr (25F). Does anyone have any sage advice they can grace on me to help me make my character creation as accurate as possible? Dnd, mythical, and headcanon knowledge are all welcome! I'm a bit lost :'(

Welcome to RPR!
You'll find that roleplaying is a great way to enhance your writing. I've been writing since I was very young. I started roleplaying maybe mid/late teens? And then have just gone from there.
Roleplaying has greatly enhanced my writing as I'm most certain it will yours :)
It is also a great way to make friends.

Though I usually create my characters for the scene, I have a few already made. One that I'm particularly fond of is Celina.

I hope you enjoy RPR. If you have questions regarding roleplaying you'll find this is a great community!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Character Show-and-Tell!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus