Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » 3 Characters That Make Your Character

Rhith (played by LunarValravn)

This guy showed up in a dream but here's the three which could sum him up.

Infinite the Jackal ( That's obvious ) - Sonic Forces
dN0rVtx.gif

Xehanort - KH Series
5eLHIJX.gif

And Endrance - .Hack GU
qbYfkfh.gif
Axel (played by Aardbei)

Going after Rhith would be pretty funny.

Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog:
Miles_%22Tails%22_Prower_Sonic_and_All-Stars_Racing_Transformed.png

Eva/Molly from Oban Star Racers:
40755eaf5f9cec6e188f59e575b98217--remember-this-character-inspiration.jpg

Pidge/Katie from Voltron Legendary Defender (I grew up with the original Voltron but I vastly prefer the remake now.)
57I11T6.png

The last image is only bigger because I had to upload it to imgur instead of just being able to copy the web address. -_-
Kiro (played by Riik)

Kiro is probably the one character I have who is definitely influenced by other characters. Though he's definitely outgrown them over the over-a-decade that's occurred since I came up with him.

Those characters being...

Toushirou Hitsugaya from Bleach (the obvious one XD)

toshirohitsugaya-toshiro.gif

Jim Hawking from Outlaw Star

tumblr_nir5pkgwFE1rvxid3o1_500.gif

And more recently (as in like... ever since the changes made to him 5 years ago), the monkey king Sun Wukong.

sun-wukong-jade-rabbit-from-one-hundred-aspects-of-the-moon-tsukioka-yoshitoshi-brooklyn-museum.jpg
Ari (played by GingerHades)

Ari was definitely inspired by a handful of characters, I won't deny that!

He was inspired by:

Angel Dust, from Hazbin Hotel (where I ripped off the spider demon idea lol)
Angel_holding_a_gun.png

2-D, from Gorillaz (where I got the blue-haired pretty boy idea from, as well as the idea to give Ari a British accent)
2d_wearing_nail_polish.jpeg

and Edna Mode, from The Incredibles (where I got the fashion designer idea from)!
Profile_-_Edna_Mode.jpg
Dracula, from Netflix's Castlevania, for the presence, power, intellect and SIE (Sad Immortal Energy).

The Chronicler from the Legend of Spyro Series for inspiring the wise ("wise") old dragon shtick.

Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney for the fashion sense.
Xa'Taren (played by Riik)

Xá's inspirations are fairly indirect and very much subconscious and definitely something I've had to piece together after the fact, but there are characters who have had a profound enough influence on me to end up becoming part of him.

The first one I became aware of quite quickly. Definitely plays a key part in his personality and morals. And that's The Doctor from Doctor Who.

tv-shows-quotes.gif

The second is... less of a character and more of a species. Or more accurately, the name of a species. See, apostrophes in alien names is a fairly common trope, but I was first introduced to the concept in the game Pax Imperia Eminent Domain. I can't recall the exact process that went into Xá's name, but it ended up very much resembling the name of the Kar'Tsoran species.

vormG5Z.png

The third... ok, this one is pretty indirect, but one of the key versions of Xá'Taren is the version in which he is the captain of a small crew onboard a gunship - and this version's sensibilities pretty much carry over to all of his sci-fi incarnations. That style of sci-fi is fairly common to see these days. As far as I'm aware though, the pioneer of the idea of a small rag-tag crew of misfits on a spaceship is the show Blake's 7. So I guess that means a lot of Xá's sci-fi elements can be traced back to Roj Blake.

0c0ea263dcb7677962c7a7e699b89aaa.jpg
Pericles (played by Libertine)

9af3e1b1fa29462d.gif
Klaus Baudelaire
─•••─
| Bibliophile | Subdued | Resourceful |
“There are some things we might not know,
but that doesn't mean we should give up.
We can find out what we need to know.
We can find out anything.”
f0b91520ddaec218.gif

47506f841145bb82.gif
Alice Kingsleigh
─•••─
| Curious | Nonconforming | Brave |
“This is my dream.
I'll decide where it goes from here."
80f6df461c7b911a.gif

b385c9fdfda4cb8b.gif
Ichabod Crane
─•••─
| Philosophical | Occult | Investigative |
“To solve crimes we must use our brains,
assisted by reason, using up-to-date
scientific techniques.”
9bd6d55e06922108.gif

bonus because I can't count
31fb89c60f85552a.gif
Young Sherlock
─•••─
| Practical | Observant | Fixated |
“A great detective relies on perception, intelligence, and imagination.”
9a8e5fbed081daad.gif
Pela (played by Riik)

Well let's get the most obvious one out of the way first...

Ralsei (Deltarune)

ralsei-deltarune.gif

Pela was most definitely a result of 'aw, I wish I had a character like Ralsei'. A lot of her personality indirectly stems from Ralsei, though obviously not all of it.

Secondly, one of Pela's abilities is having a pocket plane inside her belly... which I totally just completely stole from... Glendale (Centaurworld)

centaurworld.gif

And lastly... well actually this one is probably obvious as well. My love of pint-sized fluffy characters (like Pela, Elliot, Tetsuji's true form, Viomon (de-digivolved form of Spectremon) and more directly, Solas) stems entirely from the Ivalice setting's version of moogles. So moogles have a huge influence on Pela, naturally. The rabbit aspect is perhaps not as direct as you might think (I actually made Pela rabbit-like because I kept giving my fluffies cat-like or traditional rodent-like ears and needed to change it up), but if not for the specific Ivalice design of Moogles (as seen in the Final Fantasy Tactics series, as well as Final Fantasy XII and it's spin-offs), I dare say Pela might not have existed.

Ffta2-moogle.jpg
Anton (played by MeatCathedral)

Anton is definitely

49b6d724e29f2449981b47f4f561f15e27e6d3dc_00.jpg

81-Dw-FIF0-WRL.jpg

Listen, i was super into black butler when he was created, he's gone through a couple of slight redesigns but the details from them stay.

34bac5b3026df445a131222e5905732f88e77609-00.jpg

Her gentle voice and ball-jointed hands are definitely an influence.
Marcus takes several inspirations but I think GoT (series) had the most profound impact on how I portray and play this character.

1. Randyll Tarly

2. Roose Bolton

3. Tywin Lannister

Gigi Glamour (played anonymously)

There are quite a few characters that make up Gigi, but if I had to narrow it down to just three? These would be my pick, and I think their inspirations show a lot:

Norma Desmond (Sunset Boulevard)
BcVV3.gif

GlaDos (Portal franchise)
Tumblr-inline-poqv4a-Y6q41vcfat3-500.gif

Debbie Jellinsky (Addams Family Values)
BM0eH.gif
Nico De Angelo (Percy Jackson): il_1080xN.3580613330_mify.jpg

L (Death Note): 12e7d91e88a74c2f3d7c59da8b147873.jpg

And maybe a tad bit of Marshall, but specifically when he sings 'Good Little Girl (BAd Little Boy)' (Adventure Time): artworks-000168625647-t96u3c-t500x500.jpg
Isa is an oddball, so naturally her inspiration is out there as well.

My primary source of inspiration was this guy called Morshu from the video game, Link: The Faces of Evil. If you've ever looked at memes, he may seem familiar.

Morshu's picture? You want it? It's yours, my friend! As long as you have enough RUPEES.
Morshu_-_Original__HD_1080__0-5_screenshot.jpg

My second source of inspiration comes in the form of Shoggoth from the Cthulhu Mythos.

If you feel like seeing the horror H.P. Lovecraft is famous for, click here! Otherwise, don't!
Shoggoth_by_Nottsuo.jpg

My last source of inspiration didn't come around until much more recently, after I had already made the character's profile. I realized that any godlike cosmic horror would likely have a cult following. The workings of the cult are a WIP, but I found inspiration from the Cult of Radkos, created by Wizards of the Coast, which is centered around the titular demon below. The symbol of Isa's cult was also inspired the Cult of Rakdos's symbol and the letters from the Cthulhu Mythos.

Radkos is a very chaotic lad.
yigit-koroglu-rakdos-lord-of-riots-web.jpg

download.png
I'm just gonna put the book cover since there is no real great art of the first character that inspired Gale.
Obviously it be the Green Knight from the tale Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Mainly in morals and chivalry, and also just the green theme!
Sir_Gawain_and_the_Green_Knight.png

Reinhardt from overwatch! Mainly for his need to protect and tank like nature as a knight!
intro-1666635330.png

And then, Saint-14 From Destiny 2 for his accent and how he speaks, but also a little bit of personality and enthusiasm sharing for battle!
destinys-legendary-titan-saint-14-is-now-in-the-tower-and-he-has-some-great-dialogue-1576930573728.png

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » 3 Characters That Make Your Character

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus