Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Somnom's 1 Year Celebration! (Closed)

Thanks everyone for your participation and for making my 1 year celebration amazing!
I had a lot of fun reading through all of the entries! :D

Time to announce the winners!

The three Smol Fry Friends who each get a Mashed Leftover Prize Pack are: Juls, Tusitala2017, and ShiNoTenshi1008

The Russet Runner Up who wins the Super Spud Prize Pack is: LoupGarou

Aaaaand the Yukon Gold Winner who wins the Grand Potato Prize Pack is: staticnightmares

Congrats everyone! :D
Please give me a bit of time to get all the prizes out as there's a lot of stuff to distribute.

Stay tuned for more giveaways!!!

~*~*~*~*~
giphy.gif

We’re approaching the milestone of me being a member of RPR for one year. I would like to mention that without Kruhee telling me about the site, I wouldn’t have joined. So a huge heap of my gratitude goes to her for convincing me to join RPR! And here we are, a year later. :D

Of course, I’m celebrating this in true Prize Potato style by hosting a giveaway raffle! I really can’t think of another way to show my appreciation to the site and the community for all the friends and connections I’ve made as well as the endless amount of amusement, fun, and laughter I’ve enjoyed in the past year.

How to Enter:
In this thread, roll 1 die with 6 sides (1 d6) then follow the prompt below for the number you’ve rolled --
1 - As one of your characters, write a small paragraph on what their reaction would be if they received a talking potato as a gift.
2 - Write a few lines about which one of your characters would give one of my characters a potato and explain why (it doesn’t have to be a deep or meaningful reason, just make it fun).
3 - Write a potato themed haiku.
4 - Share your most a-peeling potato pun.
5 - Replace a word in a movie title with Potato (example: Jurassic Potato).
6 - Put an emoji of your choice and you’re automatically entered to win!

giphy.gif

Rules and Disclaimers:
1. You must do your initial roll for your prompt as your player account (not characters/anonymous chars ) in this thread.
2. You’re allowed to enter this raffle once per calendar day until the entry deadline, BUT you have to complete your previous roll’s prompt correctly before you can do another one or all entries afterwards will be disqualified.
3. If you land on a prompt you’ve previously done, you need to provide a new answer. That means no copy and pasting what you’ve already answered before.
4. Numbers will be assigned to qualified entries in the order they’re received. At the closing of the raffle, a random number generator will be used to select the winners. There is a limit of one prize pack per person, so numbers will be drawn until different people are selected for each bundle.
5. This is not an RPR sponsored raffle. All prizes were purchased by me from the site’s store at some point during the past year.
6. Deadline to enter is July 13th 2020 at 2:43am Pacific Time (my exact sign up date and time)! So, technically, you can have a maximum of 14 qualifying entries into this raffle.
7. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone from entering this raffle if they are rude or mean in any way.

The Prizes:
One (1) Yukon Gold Winner will receive the Grand Potato Prize Pack, which includes:
1 Hourglass of Epicness
1 Dragon’s Tooth
1 Heart Shaped Box of Chocolates
1 Walrus
1 Rainbow Rose
1 Black Rose
1 Yellow Rose

One (1) Russet Runner Up will receive the Super Spud Prize Pack, which includes:
1 Wand of Epicness
1 Dragon’s Tooth
1 Walrus
1 Rainbow Rose
1 Black Rose
1 Red Rose

Three (3) Smol Fry Friends will receive the Mashed Leftover Prize Pack, which is an assortment of limited sale items I’ve hoarded collected throughout my year here, and includes:
1 Maracon in a random color (leftover from the RPR Bake Sale)
1 Autumn Leaf in a random color
1 Rainbow Rose
1 Black Rose
1 Party Grab Bag (2020)

giphy.gif

Oooookay! Good luck, everyone!

<3,
Somnom The Prize Potato

Assigned Numbers For Qualified Entrants

1. Tusitala2017
2. Hadeslicious
3. Winters_Fury
4. Claine
5. Juls
6. Dndmama
7. QueenSerenity
8. Dndmama
9. Tusitala2017
10. Winters_Fury
11. Hadeslicious
12. Juls
13. bones
14. Winters_Fury
15. Dndmama
16. Juls

17. Tusitala2017
18. Hadeslicious
19. Hadeslicious
20. Winters_Fury
21. Juls
22. Dndmama
23. LoupGarou
24. Winters_Fury
25. Hadeslicious
26. staticnightmares
27. Dndmama
28. Juls
29. Tusitala2017
30. Winters_Fury
31. Hadeslicious
32. staticnightmares
33. Dndmama
34. Juls

35. Tusitala2017
36. DorianM
37. Winters_Fury
38. staticnightmares
39. Juls
40. Dndmama
41. Tusitala2017
42. Winters_Fury
43. staticnightmares
44. Dndmama
45. Juls
46. ShiNoTenshi1008
47. Tusitala2017
48. Winters_Fury
49. Hadeslicious
50. staticnightmares

51. DorianM
52. Juls
53. Dndmama
54. ShiNoTenshi1008
55. Winters_Fury
56. staticnightmares
57. Juls
58. Hadeslicious
59. DorianM
60. Dndmama
61. Tusitala2017
62. Tusitala2017
63. TheCreator7
64. TheCreator7
65. JetStorm
66. Winters_Fury
67. Hadeslicious
68. staticnightmares
69. Juls

70. Tusitala2017
71. Darkstitchblade
72. TheCreator7
73. Dndmama
74. Optimusprimal99
75. Optimusprimal99
76. Optimusprimal99
77. Winters_Fury
78. TheCreator7
79. staticnightmares
80. Dndmama
81. Hadeslicious
82. Tusitala2017
83. Winters_Fury
84. Optimusprimal99
85. RedPandaFox
86. staticnightmares
87. Darkstitchblade
88. Dndmama
89. DorianM
90. Hadeslicious

91. JetStorm
92. Tusitala2017
93. TheCreator7
94. Winters_Fury
95. Dndmama
96. Hadeslicious

Congratulations to start with! and thank you for hosting this interesting raffle

Rolling a 1d6
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:
In this thread, roll 1 die with 6 sides (1 d6) then follow the prompt below for the number you’ve rolled --
1 - As one of your characters, write a small paragraph on what their reaction would be if they received a talking potato as a gift.
2 - Write a few lines about which one of your characters would give one of my characters a potato and explain why (it doesn’t have to be a deep or meaningful reason, just make it fun).

:D
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 6.
Yay! Congrats on your upcoming 1 year rpr anniversary! You're a great addition to our community, prize potato. Thank you so much for your generosity but also for your lovely greetings and your fun forum posts. We appreciate youuuuu!
giphy.gif

"Alright, Ms Delacroix," Aaron announced as he placed the large white plastic bag on the counter between them. With each item he mentioned, he'd reach out and pull it out so that it could be checked for accuracy before returned to the bag for easy transport back to the hospital. "Here's your chicken cobb salad with a baked potato. Toppings and dressings on the side of course and a strawberry lemonade to go. Your total is $21.37."
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 2.
Hades_

How to Enter:

;)
MasterWinter

Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:

Happy one year Somnom! Thanks for being a great spud (person)! ^-^

Emoji of choice: ^^;
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Happy anniversary sonmon you are so generous. I am no good with puns.
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 4.
Claine Moderator

Thank you for the contest Prize Tato :D

Humble potato
Roasted with butter and cheese
Inhale like Kirby
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 3.

Note: 🍰 🍰

Ha! Love the names of the prize packs!

Edit: 4 - Share your most a-peeling potato pun.

What do you call a stolen yam?

Answer

A hot potato. XD
How exciting! Thank you so much for giving us this amazing Raffle! You Rock! :3

Edit: 1. Character is Selena (Blind Witch). Selena heard the small voice coming from in front of her as she felt a gift land on her hand. "Whats this?" She felt around the gift smiling as she lets the little potato speak "Oh! I feel a potato in my hand but hear a small voice coming from it...." She pauses before giggling "well I am no one to judge!" She hugs the potato close before inviting it to her home to start their new life adventure together!
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 1.
This raffle is cool thank you sommon
and happy 1year anniversary.

Edit- 4 - Share your most a-peeling potato pun.

[Img]https://pin.it/5JCxrt8[/img]

Sweet potato slices with lime Avocado and goats cheese. Fruitful day.
New day, new entry! Let's see what Lady Luck has in store for me today!

giphy.gif

Ugh... Puns. Alright. Here we go. Here's a potato pun and a dog pun in one!

20150114_182709_.jpg
Rolling a 1d6 again...
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:

:)
MasterWinter

Rolling a 1d6 once more.
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:

The King and Potato
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 5.
Hades_

How to Enter:

The Potato of Emily Rose
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 5.
July 1st entry

Dotty's pinto steed had gotten spooked over a fast moving tumbleweed and taken off down a canyon. So after she and CC Banks had spent an hour "pony-chasing" and the horse was recovered, Dotty had been put on potato peeling duty. Which seemed preferable to some other possibilities after she had promised the green-broke horse would not cause problems.

"Here ya go," she announced finally, showing off her basket full of freshly peeled potatoes. And she seemed rather proud of her efforts, even though it had taken her twice as long as it should have and half the potatoes still had a few bits of skin attached. Still, it was a passable for a first attempt.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SOMNOM!!! 💖 I'm so glad that Kru convinced you to join because you bring so much joy and happiness to this site and to my life just by knowing you!! Here's to another year of potato-filled joy with you, wishing you only the best! 🎉🥔🥂

For the potato
Buttered gold with sour cream
Decadent mouthfuls
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 3.
MasterWinter

Hello to all, and gl to those entering. ^-^ Here is my roll for July 2nd.
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:

Percival was waiting for his order to be placed before him, trying to not drum his fingers on the table and annoy anyone who was near by. As his meal was served to him, there happened to be an extra plate with a baked potato on it. Percival stared at said baked potato as if it were a foreign object.

"Sir? I didn't order a baked potato." Percival informed the waiter, but said waiter had taken off to catch up with the lunch rush.

Percival spotted Abayelle looking in his direction as he informed the waiter.

"Is this yours? Well, even if it's not you could have it if you'd like. I'm not interested in this today."

Percival would inform as he took the plate with the baked potato and put it on Abayelle's table.
Another day, another potato!

giphy.gif

To any casual outside observer it seems like a nice peaceful day today. Then again, the horrors of war don't discriminate based on whether the sun is shining or the birds are singing. Sadly, though he is unaware at the moment, Faustin is about to be the next casualty in today's horrors. He's just sitting at the park bench, minding his own business when out of nowhere, disaster strikes! A tiny woman with the most outrageously colored hair leaps from behind a bush cackling madly!

"FOOD FIGHT!" she shrieks her battle cry before hurling a fist full of creamy, buttery, garlicy mashed potatoes into the unsuspecting man's face. The next moment she was running away all the while pulling a slice of cake from the picnic basket on her arm, already in search of her next victim to traumatize.
Kim Site Admin

*blink* NO WAY, only one year?! :O
July 2nd entry

Your characters are really racking up the potatoes over there! ;)

The old woman walked forward carrying a ragged and frayed sack that bulged with potatoes still dirty and fresh from the ground. Her thin, stooped form seemed as if it must hardly weigh any more than the sack itself, yet she did not seem to struggle much to bare the weight as she approached Begonia.

"Dear girl," the old woman said, an odd gleam in her eye. "Would you help a grandmother? Carry these to the market for me? I cannot offer much but a few spuds for your dinner. You should eat them. Put some meat on your bones."

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Somnom's 1 Year Celebration! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus