Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Tiny Little Birthday Art Raffle :) (Closed!)

hi.

so it's my birthday tomorrow, and I wanted to do a little art raffle because I really love this community, and I can't find the words right now, but it does mean a good deal to me, so I'd like to give a little thanks. The raffle's super simple, just comment below one of your favorite RP moments you've written to be entered. No need for direct quotes or anything, just a little thing that lets us in on a bit of the magic. :)

Rules:
  • limit one entry per person
  • deadline to get an entry in is 11 PM EST on July 4th
  • that's it! ^_^
Now for the fun stuff! Prizes!!
First prize gets a fully colored knee-up-ish shot (??) of a character of your choice (your's or another's, whatever!), and second prize gets either a greyscale knee-up shot or a fully colored bust of any character they want! and i might add a couple more prizes depending on the number of entries

examples of a knee-up shot: (warning! very big images!)

corvus.png
2K2OXaR.png

examples of something similar to a greyscale knee-up & a colored bust:
LfqJT5b.png C7uWQd1.png

entries:
    1. Dndmama
    2. Somnom
    3. Claine
    4. Mipps
    5. Winters_Fury
    6. Morrigan
    7. MercyInReach
    8. Skipbab
    9. staticnightmares
Oooh! Happy soon to be birthday, Tisonlychaos! What a lovely gesture. It's so nice to see people giving back on their special days.

As for my entry, let's see...

Probably the best one I ever actually wrote out happened in WoW. I was in a guild on an rp server and we did a fair bit of rp in guild chat. We had a whole in character guild hall set up where people could come and interact. We even got a few over arching plots going occasionally. At one point my main character, Deville, was more or less being accused (I can't remember if it was true or not) of having brought a bunch of bad stuff down on the guild and most people (in character, not out of character of course) wanted her removed from the hall so the less powerful among us wouldn't get injured.

Finally my alt Thistledown, goes up to Dev's room to more or less tell her 'GTFO.' Dev, naturally being the witch with a capital B she is, does not take kindly to this. She pretty much blasts the ever loving bajeezus out of Thistle, throws her down the stairs, and then proceeds to go on a rampage through the guild hall. Now she's not necessarily looking to murder everyone, just get out after having nearly killed Thistle, who was essentially the guild mom and was therefore extremely well liked. Once they saw what she did, however, everyone started jumping in trying to take Deville down.

Now here's the brilliance of it. Since the two main instigators of this conflict were both mine, I could start it whenever I wanted. Well, I chose to start it one lazy weekday afternoon when everyone was on leveling their alts. Which means all the characters that were jumping out of the woodwork to participate in this guild wide brawl were all much lower level characters trying to come up against my max level raiding gear decked out warlock. She ended up taking down...probably six characters all on her own and not a single person accuse me of god modding because it all made sense and worked out in character. One of them I outright killed and she had to be revived by someone else running in with their druid character from off screen.

Eventually someone realized Dev was pretty much going to raze the hall to the ground and murder everyone in it if they don't do something, so one of the people online at the time finally brings in his max level raiding gear decked out rogue and finishes her off, murdering her handily as she'd already taken a bit of damage from the lower levels before this.

It. Was. Epic. Best death scene ever. The whole hall was set on fire. Everyone was nursing some sort of horrible wound or debilitating curse because she was an affliction warlock. I was so freaking proud of that moment. It would go into guild legend. Some of my real life friends were involved in it and we still occasionally bring it up to this day.
tisonlychaos Topic Starter

Dndmama wrote:
Oooh! Happy soon to be birthday, Tisonlychaos! What a lovely gesture. It's so nice to see people giving back on their special days.

Probably the best one I ever actually wrote out happened in WoW. I was in a guild on an rp server and we did a fair bit of rp in guild chat. We had a whole in character guild hall set up where people could come and interact. We even got a few over arching plots going occasionally. At one point my main character, Deville, was more or less being accused (I can't remember if it was true or not) of having brought a bunch of bad stuff down on the guild and most people (in character, not out of character of course) wanted her removed from the hall so the less powerful among us wouldn't get injured.

Finally my alt Thistledown, goes up to Dev's room to more or less tell her 'GTFO.' Dev, naturally being the witch with a capital B she is, does not take kindly to this. She pretty much blasts the ever loving bajeezus out of Thistle, throws her down the stairs, and then proceeds to go on a rampage through the guild hall. Now she's not necessarily looking to murder everyone, just get out after having nearly killed Thistle, who was essentially the guild mom and was therefore extremely well liked. Once they saw what she did, however, everyone started jumping in trying to take Deville down.

Now here's the brilliance of it. Since the two main instigators of this conflict were both mine, I could start it whenever I wanted. Well, I chose to start it one lazy weekday afternoon when everyone was on leveling their alts. Which means all the characters that were jumping out of the woodwork to participate in this guild wide brawl were all much lower level characters trying to come up against my max level raiding gear decked out warlock. She ended up taking down...probably six characters all on her own and not a single person accuse me of god modding because it all made sense and worked out in character. One of them I outright killed and she had to be revived by someone else running in with their druid character from off screen.

Eventually someone realized Dev was pretty much going to raze the hall to the ground and murder everyone in it if they don't do something, so one of the people online at the time finally brings in his max level raiding gear decked out rogue and finishes her off, murdering her handily as she'd already taken a bit of damage from the lower levels before this.

It. Was. Epic. Best death scene ever. The whole hall was set on fire. Everyone was nursing some sort of horrible wound or debilitating curse because she was an affliction warlock. I was so freaking proud of that moment. It would go into guild legend. Some of my real life friends were involved in it and we still occasionally bring it up to this day.

That sounds..... so incredibly sick. Incredible story!
Happy early birthday to you!!! You're so amazingly kind and generous to be gifting art to others for your birthday!! I hope it's a wonderful day filled with lots of love and celebrating! :D

It's hard for me to pick one of my favorite RP moments, mainly because I've been role playing for so long and have had so many different characters over that time. But this is one of my favorite scenes that happened...

Kruhee and I were writing two chars that had a couple of run-ins with one another. They even attempted a date that went really bad really quickly - like, one of them spitting angry and the other storming off in a huff. So my character, being the gentleman that he clearly is, randomly showed up at her workplace of the library one day! She was not having any of it, but he's trying to sweet talk her, pretty much corners her, smells her perfume and identifies the scent of the flower of it....mentions it out loud....and basically was such a creep about it that it ruined the perfume that she had been wearing for most of her life for her to the point where she would never wear it again. XD

Maybe I have a bit too much fun ruining a character's favorite thing, but ya know. It is what it is!! :D
Claine Moderator

Ooo thank you for the raffle, and what a fun way to enter!

I have sooo many good RP moments, it's really difficult to just pick one. A recent one was with my character Roach. She and a crew of other mercenaries had been hired to steal a locked box from a mansion, in proper masquerade ball style.

Roach had slipped away from the gathering and found the hidden room that contained the prize. When she snatched the box away, every alarm in the building went off. Most of the team had not had their identities revealed, so they were able to stealthily slip out undetected, but Roach and the wizard had house-security, complete with hellhounds hot on their tail. They jump out the window, run to the nearest fence and leap over... when suddenly a figure appears in the upper floor of the mansion. The mysterious person - a wizard, creates a dome barrier around the two fleeing from the scene.

The DM asks me what I want to do...

I don't know, I'm trapped and Roach is a brute fighter. She's not really equipped for dealing with a magical barrier. So she does something stupid - she punches it.

My attack roll was modest... but the DM's defensive roll was mind bogglingly bad. A 'critical glitch' in Shadowrun terms. And so, Roach one-punch-man'ed her way right through a an 8-armour structure. The shield had the hardness somewhere between hardwood and a kevlar wallboard.

She broke her hand on it, but she and the wizard were able to escape from almost certain death.
Happy birthday, Mel! <3

You are glorious and this is not raffle entry although I do love your art!
Mipps

Happy birthday !!! I hope you have a joyful day of celebration and wonderful treats of happiness that for some reason we set on fire :)

As for an entry...

I have many favorite moments in RP. Some of them are silly, but others more awe striking or serious.

But the one that comes to mind is a beautiful moment that is only just recently happened. I have roleplayed for a good 20 years, and while it has all been fun with connections made, not a single character has ever truly popped the question on one knee and taken the plunge into a committed relationship that would reflect upon his profile forever as official canon.

Wolfgang was a bit of a James Bond Villain, dawning a painted mask when he was up to nefarious business. While he was capable of romance, He was usually too busy trying to take over the world. So I never really played him in the way that he was going to be in a romance role play was always adventure. He was always closed off with a short temper I never willing to take serious steps forward in relationships. This was true even when he fell in love with Taryn. He didn't want her getting raveled into his life of danger... he didn't want to raise a baby and chaos and he didn't want her to lose him with such commitment. After a couple years of being together he walked away entirely.. about the world couldn't keep them apart and they ended up coming back together 4 years later.

Almost immediately, they were surprised with a baby he for so long refused to have. But it changed everything. He took her on a long drive out of the city to surprise her with a house he was intending to buy on beachfront property... And when she accepted the question of living with him, he got on both knees and proposed offering her everything that she had ever wanted from him... Finally showing her that he was committed to sharing his life.

It was a beautiful moment that braught tears to the eyes. 20 years and 30 different characters .. he was the first to find organic love and told me.... This was it.
MasterWinter

Happy B-day Mel!

N2NPeH5.gif

One of my fave rp moments here on RPR, was within an rp that Tusi-San and I are doing currently.

So the rp mostly focuses around my OC Falathiel, aka Imperfect Beauty, and a few other OC's of mine to help move the story along. To keep this a fairly short post, let's just say Fala and her cousin's done goofed horribly on something, and it nearly costed one of Tusi-San's OC's their life, and they were sent to go and take said dying OC to the King of the elves to heal the man.

Now to be able to understand the part I find my fave, let me give a bit of info what's going on while they travel.

One thing to note: Fala wasn't aware at the time, that the Prince of the elves was among the people traveling with them. Her older cousin knew, but not Fala herself, or her younger cousin. So when they get ambushed by drow, the Prince reveals himself and let's the drow take him as a prisoner if they leave the others alone. The drow accept and leave with the Prince.

A plan is concocted by another of Tusi's OC's, as to how to save the Prince. See. Falathiel's family power is she can call forth any wild animal to help her. There are limitations and such of course. But her power was the focus to get the Prince back, as they made Fala pretend to be a drow. In short of all this, everything seems to go good about getting the Prince out...until Lolth the Spider Queen shows up. Believing she has a new follower, she makes Fala into an actual drow. And currently Fala is stuck as such until they get to the elf King to reverse it.

So fast forward a bit. Being stuck as a drow Fala isn't too keen on touching her drow power, much less anything in general since she's been hitting a streak of bad luck since the whole thing started back with the goof for Tusi's first OC. Lionel, the elf Prince, tells Fala this: "Do not worry unduly my lady, we are travelling with rogues, rangers, elven warriors... what could possibly go wrong?" shrugged Lionel more trusting and confident than she was as they made their way to Maltron's forest during the hours of darkness.

My inner Falathiel was all: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! HE ASKED THAT?!"

So I responded with: Falathiel turned and stared at Lionel.

"...Please tell me you did not just say what I think you did...! With all the ill luck we've been hit with lately, and you ask that question?! Ugh...!"

Falathiel sighed.

Tusi just rolled with it and then goes: Lionel smiled cheerfully though his smile soon turned into a frown.

"I think we are being watched... I can sense a dark being nearby" whispered Lionel at Falathiel
"You are a drow, you have better sight in the darkness... can you see anything or anyone?" asked Lionel cautiously

Perhaps, it seems, he had indeed tempted fate by asking the wrong question at the worse possible timing..

XD So now I will be bringing in a new OC I made into rp, who is an albino drow but passes as a surface elf as it states in the Forgotten Realms wikia that's how they work. He (the albino drow) is supposed to retrieve Falathiel back to the drow city because Lolth wants it among other plots of hers.

It's a slight cheesy classic of: "What could possibly go wrong?" And then something wrong happens, even if the OC's don't know it yet.
Morrigan

Happy birthday!!! <3

My favorite actually ties in with another post a few above me, but I cannot say that I have had a better example...

So, my dear lady Taryn found herself in a situation that required a more...dark solution, and ended up connecting with a cold, closed off man, who firmly separated business and pleasure, and regardless of the fact that my dear lady could easily turn points around on him, and keep up with him mentally, he was resistant to her attempts to even take a tiny peek behind his mask, and his wall.

It wasn't until she arrived at a Masquerade party, thrown by this mysterious man who had managed to worm his way into her waking and sleeping thoughts. And she proved to him her mind was just as devious, as she showed him how much she could amuse him by embracing the theme and showed up with no hint of her true identity to be revealed. The night is what brought them together in a way that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

That one event made it possible for these two characters to part ways - not really by a good way mind you - and let that connection remain even over time and distance...and allowed for one of the most emotionally wrought scenes I have had the pleasure to write with a partner. The way that the proposal went was absolutely perfect for this pair of leviathans - each in their own powerful ways - and has the potential for such a power couple that was never planned or expected. Tears were present for much of the scene, given the amount of emotion both Taryn and her love expressed to the other.

It was hands down the best organic scenes and development of a couple that I have had the pleasure to write. I am looking forward to the future for the budding family, and just how much the pair continue to battle one another due to strong tempers and fierce personalities.

Sorry to not have a better story than to build on the one Mipps shared, but it is truly the most memorable scene I can think of, because of the weight behind the moment and the story that was built between the two characters.
Happy birthday!!! <3 <3

My favorite rp moment... though there's many of them...

Is when my character Seraphina saved Dndmama's character Chanda from Hell, literally ripping Lucifer's head off his shoulders to save her man.
The whole campaign I did as GM in a homebrewed campaign, or as far as we got before it died out. It was set on earth, where the magic that have been holding the planet together had been drained, creating a skyworld devoid of magic. Fifty years passed, and fanatics of an old nation had showed their faces, and their hunger for magic, as that too had showed its face again. I know it sounds like a bunch of gibberish, but it was nice.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

This is not a entry happy birthdayπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚.
nightmqre

Happy birthday!! :D

Mine's kinda difficult to explain if you weren't there to read it, but i'mma try anyways.

The meeting of my Vampire OC and her soon-to-be boyfriend. They met through him trying to flirt with her, and her rejecting him. That lead to him mocking her and her home, which made her sad. He felt bad and followed her home, stuck his head through her window, and she threw a shoe at him so he fell and almost broke his leg.

It's not the sweetest or most realistic way for two people to meet, but the two characters in question clicked so well and it's very comical to read back on ^^;
tisonlychaos Topic Starter

hi, everyone! Sorry this is a little late, I tried typing it up on my phone last night, but it deleted everything. rip. :)

But now... the winners!
The first prize goes to....
Dndmama!
and second prize goes to....
Mipps!

Congrats to the winners!

@Dndmama!
Hi! I didn't know how to contact you, as I couldn't send you a PM. I don't know why I couldn't, but if you could, please reach out! Thank you!
Mipps

WWWOOOOO!! Thank you :D

and congrats to Dndmama too!
MasterWinter

Grats to the winners!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Tiny Little Birthday Art Raffle :) (Closed!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus