Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Seasons Greetings, Happy Yule and Merry Solstice

Hello from across the mountains, rivers and plains. I am Vidarr the Silent, named after one of the beings from Old Norse mythology. Some may call me Ulfbane, or Vidarr the Wolfslayer, but that's a misnomer as I actually am quite fond of wolves and other animals. As a person, I study mythology and write stories based in Germanic folklore and Viking legends. I am the type of person you might meet at the medieval fair. I love prehistory, ancient history, and the medieval genre. I am particularly fond of Norse mythology, Slavic mythology, Finnic mythology, Anglo-Saxon mythology, Celtic mythology, Roman mythology and Proto-Indo-European prehistory. This ties into my interest in European prehistory, and medieval historical literature. As a storyteller, I like to be surreal, blending realistic materials and semi-historical events with an air of magic and mystery. You may often find Pagan elements in my writings, or something of a more archaic nature. While I have been known to watch epic movies, read fantasy novels or play video games, I am much more interested in studying. I like to study things like astrology, moon phases, weather, botany, survival guides, camping, forging, smithing, knowledge of plants and animals, nature magazines, camping and hunting tips, medieval warfare and ancient weapons, philosophy books, old myths and legends and stuff like that. I love nature. I love the outdoors. I like the whole idea of surviving in the land rather than on it. I enjoy a good beer, a good fire, and a good poem, song or story. I like a wide range of music with no particular favorite genre. I am a simple person with simple needs. I also like meeting new people, making new friends and hearing other people tell their own stories. I am glad to have found this forum community. Thank you for having me. I am a better writer than an actor, but I will try my best to stay in character and put on a good show while I am here. That is all I guess for now. It's nice to meet you, all of you, and I guess I'll see you around. Take care and Merry Christmas, or Happy Solstice, or Hanukkah, or Yuletide, or whatever winter tradition you follow. Blessings.
Rogue-Scribe

Welcome to RP Repository! Maybe you have seen a recent astronomical event on the Solstice? The Saturn-Jupiter conjunction was really amazing!

You came to a good place to write, talk, co-write via RP, etc. Again, welcome!
hello and WELCOME TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3
Seasons Greetings Vidarr and welcome to RPR! :)
Welcome to RPR, Vidarr.

It seems we are kindred in the choice of paths we have chosen. Belated blessings for the Solstice but a peaceful and joyful Yuletide to you.

Blessings.
Hey, welcome to RPR!
Hallo, and welcome to RPR! I hope you have lots of fun here, too!
Welcome to RPR! I remembered loving mythology at one time because of a certain game, aka, Age of Mythology. I could try RPing it out! Just shoot a DM my way, and we can work things out!
Icysoul

Welcome to the family!
Rinny_Howler

Welcome to our community! Enjoy your holidays heree!
sarah18394729

Well hello to every gender out there my name is Sarah but my Full Name is Katelynn Renee Saraphina Morgan and I am 17 years old about to be 18 Next year March 17, 2021, and I Have been roleplaying on here for a while so I am just here to say my official introduction to any and all players so here we GO!!!!!

Newbies players welcome and hello, and may I personally welcome you to our website that thousands of people from all over the world come to, and just so you know we are like a family community with each player having their own role I am happy you decided to be in our not so little community I hope you are happy to be here

Returning players welcome back my fellow players I am glad that you have returned and may I say that RPRepository has changed so much that now people all over the world have come to this site, we are a family-friendly community and all ages are welcome to our home away from home.

And Because it's almost Christmas for everyone around the world I just wanted to say MARRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!!!!

ALSO, if it's your birthday this month then may I say HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!
Welcome!! Wow, that's an impressive introduction! :D You have a lot of cool interests, astronomy and northern folklore are SO cool! :) I'm sure you'll enjoy this site! ^_^
A belated welcome to the site, Vidarr, that was quite the introduction!
With such enthusiasm and varied interests, you'll find RP partners in no time, I'm sure. Should you however meet difficulty, the 'looking for RP forum' is pretty useful, and your search can be customized. You can also post your own add, if you already have a complete poetic eda in the works. ;P

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best!
Kenna Ferren (played by Buried_In_A_Book)

Wow, that...sounds...AWESOME! You sound like a fun person to chat with!
Merry Xmas!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Seasons Greetings, Happy Yule and Merry Solstice

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus