Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

Zyn (played by WolfieTheDragon13)

"Ah, no problem. In my line of work, you never get a warning. That's why my boss is always trying to push me to find a partner, but--"

Realizing what she had said, she cut herself off near immediately and cleared her throat again.

"Anyway, uh... thanks." she added, her confidence level seeming to lower quite a bit now that she had returned to normal circumstances. "That was a blast. I'd love to get one installed closer to home."
Seraph (played anonymously)

"Seraphim, I do have a preference for Seraph though my dear lady. If you all wouldn't mind I'd be willing to go next, or possibly even after the next individual. Though I cannot in any way promise that it will be anything as impressive as that which we have already seen thus far. That is unless someone has objections to me doing so before they themselves get the chance. If I am Anything after all it is a gentleman."
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"Exactly. Never get a warning." Datura nods decisively to Zyn, sweeping a hand of invitation from Seraphim over to the training bay doors. "Of course! Please feel free. Would you like to do the same program, or try something different?"

"Zyn, did you catch what this Sylyntz fellow was just, uh, playing for all of us? Maybe your boss would be interested in what he has to offer, in addition to the highly sensible urging to find yourself a partner."

Zyn gave a bit of a strangled half-cough at his comment, blushing a little in spite of herself. Her? Impressive? That wasn't something anyone usually said to her.

"Thanks, er... Seraph, right?" she began. "You didn't have to say anything like that, really--"

It did strike her a few moments later that the compliment may have only come from his extremely formal, polite demeanor, but she decided to keep this thought to herself.

"Bits and pieces." she added, looking over at the little creature she'd noticed earlier. "Something about a superhero named Geneweaver, right? Does that have anything to do with genetics engineering?" she asked, sounding a little excited about the topic. "That sounds cool."

"Randomize the program will you? I like to be surprised when It comes to new things. As well I like to surprise others with my performance in all things, the cameras do love a show as I'm sure we can all agree." with a smile and the straightening of their tie, they made their way through the doors and into the training bay. "Fantastic work might I say, must've cost you a fortune, my dear."
April O Neil (played anonymously)

Vector wrote:
Noticing the camera, Vector orients toward April like a moth to a flame, giving her most radiant smile right into the camera. "It's such a pleasure to be here! Of course I - and all my sponsors! - support centers like this one that make the world safer." She gives a wink that's a little too hammy to be natural, but somehow drips with photogenic charisma. "Here, uh, why don't we set up the cameras... over there!" She points to a random corner that seems to have good natural light coming in from a big window. "I'd be happy to give you an interview, of course."
(OOC- Sorry for my lapse... outside interference)

“Hey yeah, you have an eye for such things.” April nodded as she spoke. She pointed Jimmy over to where to set upas April made some notes. “So you’re...?” April asked as she started to walk over to the suggested corner to check light angles. I’d love to find out more, like what led you to attend such an event... other than your sponsors made you the face of their product...”

April didn’t want this to be a free infomercial, but she realized she had come woefully unprepared for what she walked into.
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

Sylyntz seemed to get distracted for a moment, not expecting to be any further relevance to conversation, but when they looked back over at the others, they realised one of the guests was looking at them. Not quite sure if anything was expected of them, they tilted their head to one side questioningly at Zyn, antennae twitching a little as though to ask about the attention now placed on them.

((Sorry, had to let the dog out! back now!))

Datura nods, punching a few things into the panel by the door as Seraph makes their way inside the bay. As the door shuts, the word "dodge" appears in the air in front of them, followed shortly thereafter by a sudden on-rush of what appear to be holographic boulders bouncing down a mountain-side, straight at Seraph.
Vector (played by Kim) Topic Starter

An expression of shock briefly crosses the teen's face as April asks who she is, but she quickly shakes it off and turns her star-power smile back on. "I'm Vector, crime-fighting teen, and star of the hit Bisney show 'Vector Explains It All,'" she declares, placing her hands on her hips and popping one hip out in a thoroughly jaunty pose, just a little too exaggerated to be natural. She could easily have her photo put on a movie poster in this moment.
He steadied himself, eyes wide and arms out.

“…What. The absolute—”

The place was huge, that much was certain. A strange shape for a building, impressively modern, with a lovely pond and oh god he was just teleported? He teleported. WHAT.

There was an almost dazed look at the wristwatch. Despite himself, he couldn’t help but laugh. This may as well happen today. No lie, he was horrified when he received the message, having come home from a fairly slow day at work. How did—did someone know?

But it was the mention of discovering powers that did it. Some unwritten promise that at the very least, there were probably more like him. Now that he was there, however.. He tried to process the tech (like something out of Stellar Battles, if Mike could SEE this—), all the different people—was that a tiny alien, robot THING—he couldn’t help but shrink back a little closer to the teleporter, sheepishly readjusting his makeshift disguise. He was definitely different, but super?

He just stood for a while uncertain, a little overwhelmed by it all.

"Oh, what am I saying--you've got to be one, right?" she asked, crouching down in front of Sylyntz to get closer to his level. "Unless your kind comes from some other dimension? I've never seen anything furry be so vibrantly colored. Usually that's for aquatic monsters, or reptiles or the like--"

She cut herself off again abruptly. "Er, not that I'm saying you're a monster, of course, just that's... what the job's about." she said awkwardly. "Things that aren't supposed to exist in the 'normal' world of humans."

((Hahaha okay, I gotta say, 'Bisney' made me chuckle ;-D

Also, quick question--when the topic reopens tomorrow, will it continue from where it left off or will it be a new day? Not sure If I'll be able to drop in or not so I'm just curious))

((We'll most likely start a new day, to help with continuity issues just like that one))
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

Sylyntz nodded ever so slightly in confusion as though exaggerating a blink - necessary to portray the relevant emotion, given their eye was currently fully covered. In response, the lens of their mask seemed to shift and whirl until in an unexpectedly liquid fashion, the fiery oranges and reds swirled into a jet black colour, and green LED-like letters blinked into existence one-at-a-time like a rudimentary display screen. Slow enough to be comprehended, but as fast as was otherwise possible to ensure as little time as possible would be required to read the full message.

O N E ?

((Cool, makes sense. Thanks!))

With Zyn speaking with the little furry creature, Vector mugging for the cameras, and Seraph busy dodging holographic boulders, Datura found a moment to gaze around the giant room. Her eyes fell upon the new arrival cowering back in the little indentation in the wall where one of the transporters was inset. "Excuse me a moment," she said to no one in particular, or whoever had been standing in her immediate vicinity, and jogged over toward the arrival area. "Welcome! I'm so glad you're here. Are you alright?"

"St. Peter, keeper of the gates of heaven, one of the twelve, grant me protection from harm." it was said like a prayer, their eyes closed as they pressed their hands to their heart. The air shimmered, and a pearly arch appeared before them. As each stone passed through it felt apart like sand unto the floor of the training area. Each falling to dust as it neared them even as they simply stood there in silence. Despite having done very little, they did seem a little tired.
((:'D I'm glad you caught that yeah, Bolt Gisnep! I spent way too long coming up with an expy name before coming here fghfjd))

((i forgot it was all holograms XD))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus