Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

“It’s been pretty wild already, not gonna lie. Absolute hell trying to keep my students from catching them.” He chuckles again, mostly out of fondness, but there’s still that uncertainty. “Might have to show you instead? Kinda hard explain, the whole thing’s a little... yeah.”

He holds out a bandaged hand, and it takes him a bit—maybe stage fright, especially with the person just leaving—until a small light hums into his palm. It stretches out slightly, and soon enough, a small, red outline of a stickfigure stood, unmoving.

“...It’s uh. I can get it to move too, but I don’t think you can touch it? Like, look—” he waves a hand through it, demonstrating it phasing back and forth through the conjured image.
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

Physically make anything...? Even the Geneweaver couldn't do that... but perhaps compared to other people, it might appear as though he did have such powers. Sylyntz certainly admired their creator's abilities, even though they had been created with certain physical compromises. They certainly had capabilities that more than made up for it! Though they could not particularly show such things off without the correct equipment. Sylyntz offered Zyn a thoughtful flicker of the antennas to display their comprehension of her words. Their posture was one that seemed a little like they were experiencing a sense of wishing to be reassuring, head tilted in the opposite direction to their hips, antennae raised.

With the training room once again vacant, Sylyntz retired their drone back to its holster, powering it down as it slotted in, the charge metre on said holster's energy gauge dropping in value a little as it recharged the drone within.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Datura watches closely as Jeremy demonstrates his odd power, and after a moment, understanding seems to dawn on her. "Oh! This looks like a... hmn, how should I put this... Basically, there's a whole branch of powers that have to do with visual illusions. They can be extremely realistic. Some people are able to do auditory, olfactory or even tactile illusions as well, though most people who manifest an illusion power only have one or two senses that they can influence in this way. Does that sound more or less like a label we can start working with, or am I way off base?"

"Sorry about that," she calls over to Seraph as he steps out of the training bay. "The AI is still very new and not really flexible in its definitions of success. We'll get it trained up, too!"
Seraph (played anonymously)

((I gotta head out guys, getting tired, sorry guys)
Time Ghost (played by randomentity777)

((Okay then, take care))

((No problem! We're almost to the end of today's session anyhow. Thank you for attending! :D ))
((take care! :D ))
Time Ghost (played by randomentity777)

((I was a little late to join. Sadly, I won't be able to make it tomorrow because I'm going to be visiting a dog breeder to see the litter of puppies that my own dog was the mother of))
April O Neil (played anonymously)

Vector wrote:
An expression of shock briefly crosses the teen's face as April asks who she is, but she quickly shakes it off and turns her star-power smile back on. "I'm Vector, crime-fighting teen, and star of the hit Bisney show 'Vector Explains It All,'" she declares, placing her hands on her hips and popping one hip out in a thoroughly jaunty pose, just a little too exaggerated to be natural. She could easily have her photo put on a movie poster in this moment.

“Ah yeah... I recognise you now... “ April said with a nod... not only was she doing an I for aerial, but one for a rival network. As her interviewee got comfortable, April cued the camera and puffed her hair some before the went live...

”This is April O’Neil reporting live from the Spring Masquerade, and I have with me Vector from the hit show ‘Vector ExplaIns It All’... tell us Vector, what brought you to be here at this masquerade?”

She looks over at her cameraman Jimmy who is ha d signalling that they are only giving the station video feed with no audio and have cut back. Once the light was off April said, “This has to be the worst tech day eva....”
She thanked Vector for trying to interview and she waved to wrap this disaster up.
April O Neil (played anonymously)

((Sorry about the erratic appearances....
Just had too much going on IRL around me to pay proper attention))
"Illusions?" He blinks. "..I-I mean, I guess yeah? I never thought about it like that though, since I can just do small stuff. I mean, if I try hard enough I can make them look like characters, but yeah. Oh hey yeah! Works with the whole animation thing. Illusion of life and stuff, you know?” He nods, now a bit excited as if that conclusion made perfect sense.

He dispels the image, practically shooing it out of existence before continuing. “Sounds like a great place to start, yeah! I just… How do I start though?”
((that's okay! I'm multitasking myself, and figuring out Jeremy's voice on top of it :'D ))
Zyn (played by WolfieTheDragon13)

The small furry alien waved his antennae at her in a friendly sort of way, as if to reassure her. She gave him a small smile, watching as the drone landed in his holster.

It was at that moment a small ringing sound started in Zyn's ear--she'd nearly forgotten about the earpiece she wore.

"Sorry, little guy, but I gotta take this--it was nice meeting you." she said, giving the small creature a little wave. "Don't be afraid to come say hello if we see each other again!"

She had begun to cross the room to find a quiet place to chat, but she stopped when she spotted it--a little, holographic stick figure standing on a man's hand. It struck her that she had hardly seen anyone use their superpowers all day--not that she had noticed, anyway--forgetting all about the phone call, she found herself growing closer to him, bending down slightly to get a closer look.

"Whoa, that's so sick! Can you make it do a little dance?" she asked impulsively, before realizing what had come out of her mouth.

"Er, sorry, you don't have to, if you don't want to--I didn't mean--"

((Ahh, I'm a little behind, whoops. Sorry!))
((that's okay! :'D ))

"Well... I've never done illusion training myself, but I've seen it done a few times. The best case would be for us to find you someone who is a bit more advanced in their current learning curve, whose powers are similar enough to yours that you could learn from one another. But for now... Here, try this." She dips into a pocket and pulls out a small quantity of what appears to be rich, black dirt. Holding out her palm with the dirt in the center, she narrows her eyes at it ever so slightly, and shortly after a green shoot pushes through the dirt. White roots push from the sides of the dirt shortly, wrapping around her fingers and reaching down her wrist and arm, even as the shoot pushes upward, quickly blossoming into a purple orchid. "Can you try to copy this? Just an outline is alright for now, though bonus points if you can get any colors in your rendition!"
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

Sylyntz turned their attention to the room at large, moving into a position to get a fairly decent angle on all of the remaining guests, which generally meant finding a bit of space so that the angle of their view was not a particularly unhelpful one. They were quite content with observing from afar, trying to pick up on any further displayed abilities that the Geneweaver might find worth following up on in his search for future clients.
“Whoa! Oh, hey uh.” He’s definitely caught off guard by the sudden addition to their party, but he offers an apologetic grin. “I probably could have, I kind of threw him off, but I can bring him back later, yeah!”

He turns his attention to the black soil with some curiosity, watching their host concentrate and exchanging the occasional confused glance to the young woman. It's all he can not to step back when he realises that something was growing out of the dirt, and not just growing, but blooming? Almost cartoonishly, his mouth is agape, and he has to catch himself to just give an incredulous look. "Okay well. That was amazing first of all. Second of all—Oh man. I think I could. Let me think."

He focuses once again on his own bandaged hand, trying to find the image in the light. Once again, a small hum of light appears, flickering. At first, it seems to just immediately take the shape of a doodle of a flower, the kind you would expect in a child's drawing. "No, that's not—one sec." It phases back into a ball. A deep breath, and then slowly, a small line sprouts from its center. He almost tilts his head in tandem with the motion, as if making sure everything is moving correctly. One outline of a magenta petal blossoms. Then another.

Then it stops. He sighs, a little disappointed. "Um... Kind of has a mind of its own, sometimes?"

Datura chuckles, bobbing her head in thanks at the compliment. "Tricks like this are very easy now, but they weren't always. When I was growing up, I had a chia pet. You know, one of those clay creatures that you grow grass out of to make it look like it has hair, or fur? One day I was having a tea party with some dolls and I sneezed, and that chia pet erupted. Clay shards everywhere. And my bedroom was covered in an inch of grass clippings. My parents were pretty mad, but baffled. For a long while they had convinced themselves that I'd left a window open or something. So, I definitely get it. Even when I thought I had things under control enough to go to school, I still gave my classmates crazy hay fever through most of elementary and middle school."

"Still. Super cool." Zyn added, not seeming to realize she was intruding. "I mean, imagine being able to do something like that when tracking down a monster. You could tangle him up in vines, or make a wall appear in front of him that he only thought he couldn't walk through."

"Er... sorry." she added, stopping herself again. "Name's Zyn." she added, for Jeremy's benefit. "I don't have any super powers myself, and I'm not usually allowed to play around with anything that... well... does anything cool." she finished off again, quite lamely.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus