Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Kavita - or Datura, as she is known when in her super alter-ego - chuckles softly, "I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. It looks like you're our first arrival today! I'm so glad that you could make it. Tell me, what part of the invitation was it that piqued your interest?"
Lukas Warmley (played anonymously)

(Quick, everybody reload your chat windows. Nobody saw that.)
Seated at the kitchen table in his modest Stockholm flat, Lukas Warmley eyed the little device cradled in his palm with palpable trepidation. He scratched unconsciously at his temple where the mask he had only just wrapped about his eyes was already beginning to chafe. He knew he really shouldn’t be putting this off any more than he had been already. He had extinguished every possible excuse save for a medical emergency - and he was not so irresponsible as to go feigning illness to get out of something he’d already given his word he would do. No. He had assured Mr. Gustavson that he would attend this ‘Super-Group-Headquarters-Open-House’ thing, and thusly represent his beloved home country of Sweden to whatever degree of personage was expected to attend. (The lady at the local branch of the Scandanavian Association of Heroism and Public Service had been very patient and informative, but her information on exactly who would be attending this event - or, for that matter, exactly where it was being held - was unsettlingly limited. Clearly these ‘Super-Group’ people needed to open some more efficient channels of communication!)

No, Lukas had given his word. He liked to think that he was a man of his word. And so no matter how absurd the whole thing felt - no matter how hilariously out of place he would inevitably be - he would dutifully press the button and… Oh, why couldn’t it just call for a Galactic Taxi or something? The SAHPS lady had assured him the teleportation technology was extensively tested and perfectly safe, but the idea still rather turned Luke’s stomach.

He was procrastinating again. And to some degree, his own hesitation was beginning to irritate him. He was already over an hour late - and that wasn’t even counting having bailed on the previous day in a last-minute fit of indecision - but that meant surely there would be no fanfare or considerable attention drawn to him when he entered. He could just slip into the crowd, mingle for a while, tactfully avoid or make light of his ridiculous ‘sUpErPoWeR’, have a few drinks and be back home in time for dinner.

Lukas huffed in a vaguely decisive manner. He wrapped the gadget around his wrist, stood up, resisted the sudden urge to go change into a shirt that was a slightly different shade of blue than the one he was wearing, tugged uncomfortably at the mask. He fidgeted. Raised the gadget as though checking the time, then hastily smacked the button before he could change his mind.

The experience of teleportation was every bit as unpleasant as he’d expected it to be. A pulsating wave of vertigo, a decidedly nauseating lump forming in his upside-down-inside-out stomach - and then he was stumbling blindly out of some kind of machine as though he had been violently shoved from the other side. With an unconstrained yelp, Lukas Warmley flopped and tumbled out of the teleporter, groping for the first thing he could reach for purchase. This happened to be a bundle of festive balloons, which did absolutely nothing to arrest his fall. He hit the floor with a wheeze - then hastily (if unsteadily) scrambled to his feet as though nothing had happened, brushing non-existent dust off his shirt and needlessly adjusting his tie as he took the place in.

Luke’s heart sank as he saw a huge, virtually empty space in which he most certainly had no business lurking. Yes, the garden and koi pond looked lovely, but everything else positively boasted ’SUPER’ in a way that the industrial-carpeted local branch of the Association, with its potted plants and complementary coffee maker, did not. And worse still, he was the only one here. Had he missed the event? No. He must have been early. Because his ridiculous, bumbling entrance had come just as a plant-themed woman and an ice-themed woman were making their introductions.

Standing stiff as a board, Lukas glanced back and forth between the two with a degree of awkwardness that hung like a fourth presence in the huge, open lobby. He forced a wide, toothy smile, tugged at his tie again, and gave an awkward little finger-waggling wave, eyes darting back and forth between them from beneath the mask, and the thin glasses he was forced to wear over the mask.

“Um, hello.” He said with desperately forced cheerfulness, trying to look upbeat and casual, which had the effect of making him look like he had just been caught snooping about where he was not supposed to be.
Belle (played anonymously)

Her hand dropped and Belle stared back at Datura a moment, wondering herself what it was that piqued her interest about this invitation. With an uneasy half smile that lasted a mere second before fading, she shook her head a single time before dropping her head slightly, staring now at the woman's feet. "I'm not sure," she claimed with a stalled out hard look, "I guess part of me is looking for-"

Her attention was drawn, interrupting her mid-sentence, to the obvious arrival of Luke crashing to the floor. She stared a moment, the man laying there with a handful of balloons before scrambling to his feet. She stared several moments before offering a simple, if a bit harsh, "Hi." Her scrutinizing and confused stare lingered a moment, before finally crossing her arms and turning to look at Datura expectantly, as if she had the answer to his arrival.

Datura holds Belle in a kind, but scrutinizing gaze, as if she might be able to determine what drew Belle here just by looking at her closely enough.

"Speaking of startling people," Datura murmurs with no little amusement, casting her eyes toward Lukas' awkward, yelping entrance. Then, speaking louder so as to be heard by him, she calls, "Congratulations on your bravery! Only a very select few had the courage to actually activate their teleporter bands and attend. Be proud of yourself." She stretches a hand out toward Lukas, and abruptly, one of the plants from the center garden shoots upward, elongating, until a plant tendril comes racing across the floor of the room and around behind Lukas. Unless he's very quick on his feet, a massively oversized leaf will gently half-usher, half carry him over to join the two women. "And tell me, what is it that made you feel so bold, or urgent, about attending today?" she asks as the leaf sets Lukas down before them, in a tone suggesting nothing out of the usual has happened.

Luke was about to answer - he did not actually know what he was going to say however, so it was probably for the best that he was cut off preemptively by the appearance of a snake-like tendril of vegetable matter. At least he managed to keep quiet, though the wide eyes and pallid complexion suggested his first instinct was to do something defensive. Not that he'd had the time. The huge leaf conveyed him stumblingly across the huge chamber, toward the others. Then he was there, looking half a degree even more harrowed than before, which was saying something. "Oh, well, a favor to my colleague at the office, actually." He admitted. "Government subsidies and tax breaks and all that, y-you know."
Not a few seconds after Lukas's arrival comes Jeremy's—or no wait, Keyframe's reappearance, well-rested, and noticeably more cheerful than the day before. Despite having stayed the night and was near the center, literally a few steps away, he's apparently used the wristwatch again, stepping out of the teleporter with a wide grin. "This is still SO cool—oh, hey?" He blinks, looking at the unfamiliar faces and particularly the new nervous arrival, having apparently just missed his fall. "Did I come at a bad time? I could come back later, if—?"

Datura gestures vaguely, and the long tendril and giant leaf curl themselves back up in the garden, almost like some kind of strange serpent with the lead as its massive head. It sits there as if waiting to strike again, or at least, usher other uncertain guests about if needed. "Oh? What office needed the favor of a visit to a newly opened Super Center?" Datura grins, her eyes twinkling behind her mask. "Is this perhaps an office we should make sure we are liaising with?"

"Keyframe!" She calls over Lukas' shoulder to Jeremy, her grin getting even wider. "I'm thrilled you're back safely! How did you rest? Any unintended doodles in the past 12 hours?"
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

Satisfying the Geneweaver was always a tricky endeavour. Not least because he was a man who would use every opportunity to exploit an avenue of knowledge-gathering. Whether or not he had been happy with the information Sylyntz had retrieved on the previous day was not in fact important. Rather, what was important was that there was another opportunity to gather more information. And thus, once again, it fell upon Sylyntz to dutifully comply with their creator's wishes. It was time for Sylyntz to once again return to the very place that they had visited the previous day.

Once more, the small, squishy creature found themselves whisked away, paws finding the familiar texture of the teleporter pad below them in place of the laboratory floor. Mask back in place and once again recording, they surveyed their surroundings to find a mixture of new and familiar faces. Just what interesting points of data would they find today, they wondered.

Belle stood quietly, watching the tendril and easily piecing together Datura had had something to do with it. Her face softened at the sight and she watched with great interest, even amazement. After Lukas had arrived, she stared again at Datura, her face far lighter than before. Finally she returns her look to Lukas, now showing a bit of concern. "Are you okay?" she asked.

((sorry, somehow I didn't realize we were supposed to appear on teleporter pads >.< ))

((Don't worry about it at all!))
((I'm just realising Lukas was literally carried off so I'm gonna fix the reaction accordingly—it won't change to the point you need to change posts though!))

((Na I think you're good. Pretty sure the leaf deposited him close to the others and then wonked off so he's just standing there awkwardly when the others arrive))
((Oh okay! Yeah I just realised—my reading comprehension is a bit shot today, sorry XD))
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

((Can I just say... I am loving Lukas's profile. omg... XD))

((<3))
The question directed to Lukas, and more importantly, the weird, giant plant thing has him wondering if maybe he'd stepped into a situation he probably shouldn't be involved with. He recovers well enough however at the question. "Rested well!" He looks almost proud of himself! The next question has him laugh, rubbing the back of his neck with some embarrassment. "I mean... there was a small elephant running around at some point? But hey, it was just the one, so that's not too bad, right?"

One more new arrival it seems—oh, the weird thing from yesterday? "Oh hey there? There's a few new people here!"
((I second Sylyntz, Lukas' profile is GOLD))

((I laughed hysterically for like five minutes and linked it to people.))

((Psst Lukas I'm waiting on you rn ;) ))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus