Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

Lukas Warmley (played anonymously)

“Oh yes, quite alright~!” Luke insisted, nodding as he spoke, as though he could will his words to ring true through sheer force of will. He was quite relieved at the ice-woman’s concern. “Teleportation is a rather different experience than a taxi, is all-” Then he was looking obscurely horrified at the notion of further explaining his circumstance - especially to one who seemed to be in charge. He wheezed out a forced-casual chuckle. “Oh, well, um, Bokföring Byrå Accounting Firm, as it happens.” He admitted, more than a little sheepishly. “N-No I don’t suppose any correspondence will be necessary, it’s really just a matter of-” His words, however, ended in a breathy series of syllables ejected in involuntary surprise as someone else appeared barely a few metres away. He immediately regretted this, and hoped to whatever gods may be that nobody present could speak Swedish. He wasn’t usually one to cuss, but this whole thing was really quite distressing so far and oh dear that person did not appear to be a human. Lukas was aware of the presence of other forms of life, but that didn’t mean he had the first idea as to what the etiquette was when interacting with them. What if he came off as racist? He most certainly was not, but-

On the bright side, this train of thought was distracting him from the harrowing experience of being deposited into an unwanted social interaction by a gigantic, prehensile leaf. So that was good.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Datura arches an eyebrow at Lukas. "An accounting firm? Felt it necessary to sent someone to a Super Center? Are you all super accountants, perhaps? Or accountants who assist super heroes who have identity security concerns to arrange their assets?"

She then laughs at Jeremy/Keyframe's words, beckoning him - and the newly arrived genetically enginered... whatever it is - to join the gaggle of people now congregating near the garden. "I'm not sure, is your normal standard a whole herd of elephants? I'll take your word that it's good, though. I have some more good news for you, I think!"
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

Sylyntz noticed the beckoning motion quickly - after all, it was far easier to interpret than lip movements. They hurried in the direction of the group... and tripped. And fell. And landed flat on their face with a small clink as their lens collided with the ground. A bit of wiggling latter, however, and they were back on their feet no worse for wear.

Sylyntz bounced from foot to foot as though trying to visually identify a fault in their legs. But no... it was simply a matter of balance, co-ordination and haste. Not an unusual thing by any means, but the weight of the mask combined with that of the large drone attached to their belt was not something they were entirely familiar with and only further added to the difficulties involved. They made a conscious - and probably wise, all things considered - decision to continue to short walk at a more tempered pace. Thankfully, they were designed in such a way that a fall was of little consequence to their well-being. Their equipment on the other hand... well it was quite lucky that nothing as of yet was broken.
"Yeah well, maybe not always elephants, but definitely a whole bunch of "somethings"? It's good for art blocks, but at what cost, you know? Especially when you wake up to one in your face!" He grimaces slightly, but in good humour." He pauses, and then makes a fairly shameful realization. "I never got your name...alias thing—I should probably get you guys' too?" He adds, looking to his fellow visitors. "If you're okay with that? Or is this like a whole fairy rumplestiltskin deal where names are bad—"

"Oh shoot—" He turns to the small.. thing? Offering it a hand to help steady it. "Hey, you okay there?"
Belle (played anonymously)

The situation felt suddenly awkward. She was pleased Lukas hadn't hurt himself, but suddenly Belle found herself surrounded by people, after having been near no one for.....well she wasn't even sure. The conversation proceeded without her, and she simply stood there looking back and forth at the participants, unable to offer any insight. It was still the leaf that intrigued her, but like Lukas' concern about alien etiquette, she wasn't sure the proper way to bring up the subject of abilities of that nature.

She decided to make herself scarce a moment, allow them to finish their conversation while indulging her original interest. Slipping off silently, she approached the garden and pond once again with a smile, staring wide eyed at it all as she slowly sat beside the water. It was beautiful, so much more than Belle had recalled. She maneuvered closer to the plant life, reaching out slowly and gently taking a flower in her hand. She didn't pluck it, merely leaving it where it stood and leaning down towards it, still smiling, and attempting to smell the fragrance of the beautiful plant.

Datura winces a bit, seeing Sylyntz fall, but makes no mention of it. Especially since between Jeremy and Sylyntz, the situation seems well in hand. Or... in one hand and a robot hand.

To Jeremy/Keyframe, she says, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I don't know how I overlooked that. Busy day yesterday, I guess. I go by Datura. It's a flower native to my home." She adds, realizing that not many people recognize the name. "I think in English it's called white thorn-apple, or sometimes devil's trumpet. I even heard it called moonflower, once. But I'm just Datura, proud founder of this brand new Super Center. I'll be even prouder when we start to expand the member list!"

Noting Belle's interacting with the garden out of the corner of her eye, she flicks a finger, and the giant leaf gently slides out toward her, creating a hammock-like seat for her to recline on while she appreciates the flowers and the fish.
Lukas Warmley (played anonymously)

Lukas was about to reply, when something the woman had said gave him pause. He looked thoughtful, brow furrowing and eyes trailing off in speculation. Was the company planning on branching out into the field of ’identity-sensitive accounting’? If so, why hadn’t Mr. Gustavson told him as much? Perhaps his attendance here was not intended to broker a deal, but merely introduce the greater super-community to… What, a small, mid-range Swedish accounting firm? No, that was silly.

“I suppose I’m not entirely sure why they wanted me to attend.” He admitted after a moment. And while that was not necessarily true-

His train of thought was again interrupted as something irrelevant occurred to him. Holding up one finger as inoffensively as possible, he said “Ah, excuse me, I’ll be back in a moment-” then extricated himself from the situation, searching for a semiprivate place to make a phone call.

(Gotta run, might be back later-)

((Thank you for being here! I hope we'll see you again! :D ))
Belle (played anonymously)

Belle retracts her hand, leaning back as the giant leaf approaches her. She recalls the moment before, where the leaf had scooped up Lukas and haphazardly delivered him before her and Datura, and half expecting to be returned to the same location herself. After a moment, she turned back to look at the founder, certain she had had something to do with it whether or not she was returning the look.

Glancing back, Belle smiled and worked her way to her feet, immediately leaping into the air and twisting around to land on her back upon the leaf with a few giggles to herself....at least so long as the leaf held. Should she simply fall through to the ground there would be nothing to giggle about.
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

Sylyntz had no real way to interact with the offered hand - at least in a way that was particularly useful. Except perhaps lean on it for support as they steadied themselves - not that they hadn't already gotten control of their faculties, but it felt polite and socially advantageous to humour the helpful man. When they were sufficiently sure everything was already, they let loose their hovering hand drone and clumsily flopped it palm-down into the man's hand as if to shake it - or perhaps more accurately, pretend to take hold of it. After all, was that not the purpose of an outstretched hand? Sylyntz had never put much stock into the social meanings of such gestures given their lack of ability to reciprocate in an ordinary manner, but it was a good idea to at least try to follow human convention, wasn't it?

Datura smiles, but makes no other indication as Belle looks at her that she's behind the offered leaf. Perhaps she has picked up on Belle being shy, and doesn't want to overwhelm her? Meanwhile, the vines curl beneath the leaf to create a more supportive surface for Belle to bounce on, and even flex themselves a bit to continue bouncing her up and down after she lands. Like the plant is playing with her.
He mentally kicks himself, having somehow missed the hand wasn't exactly attached to help it up properly, but it didn't seem like it took too much offense? There's an amused look at the attempt at a maybe-handshake, which is reciprocated with a beam. "Hi! Nice meeting you!"

"Datura." He says it thoughtfully, trying to make sure he's pronounced it correctly, then nods. "Got it! Don't really know much about flowers but I know moonflowers at least? It a seriously great name though." He looks around at the surroundings, the lobby, the displays, the high tech gear. "I mean you definitely should be proud, this is already huge? I'm.. still trying to get over the fact that I'm not dreaming, so."

"Oh yes. I had some help from backers, including the UN, and I raised money in some... other ways..." She pauses, looking embarrassed, and then realizes that in order to not leave this to people's imagination she's going to have to clarify. "I sold landscaping services to the rich and famous. Royalty, even." She crosses her arms almost self consciously. "There's some absurd fantasy gardens out there right now to make this place happen. The water that's going to need to be wasted to maintain them in such impropable locations is going to be..." She shrugs it off. "But, the center is here, and I think it's going to make a big difference for the worldwide community. Think of all the problems we can help solve, for people with powers and people without!"
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

Sylyntz kept the drone there for perhaps slightly too long, then finally let it fly off into the air, where it performed a series of stunt flips, before heading back over to Sylyntz and dropping toward the holster. Which it missed.

But the room was spared the sound of a sickening crunch of fragile internal components as the hand caught itself inches off the ground, wobbled a little in place and slowly slipped its way back to its holster safely. Sylyntz slumped in relief at their last-second save. maybe showing off with expensive equipment was not the best idea...
Vector (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The teleporter activates, and there she is again! The teen crime fighter! The star of Bisney's "Vector explains it all!" She appears already striking a pose, her high blond ponytail streaming behind her in an unfelt wind, her makeup subtle and perfect, her silverwhite and pink costume ever so shiny! "Hey everyone! I'm back! Did you miss me?" she burbles, blurring down from the teleporter pad and over to the group at the center of the lobby. She moves so fast, it's almost like she's teleported across the room, from one struck pose to another.
There's a small glance given to the leaf nearby as he recalls yesterday's events with a nod. "Yeah, that'll definitely do it." His face falls somewhat, both sympathetic and maybe a little awkward. Oh no upset person—"You never know, maybe someone might have water powers? Or—no wait, that sounded bad. But well, this is already helping so far. At least, for me?"

He blinks down at the drone hand, wondering if maybe he should shake it a bit more, until it seems to take a life of his own. To Sylyntz credit, he was definitely and initially impressed! At least, until he goes wide eyed at the miss, reaching out to catch it small "aAH—!"

Between the relief of the drone catching itself in time, and the sudden appearance of what as apparently a highschooler in proper superhero gear, zooming around, all Jeremy could do was stare with a helpless expression. "I—geezus I still need to get used to this. Welcome I guess!" Teacher instincts have him worried about the teen potentially breaking something in her speed, but he does turn his attention back to Sylyntz. "That was a pretty neat trick!"

"Hello again, Vector. Welcome back. It doesn't look like we have a TV crew here for you today, but I know you said you and your sponsors supported the idea of this place. Maybe you'd like to consider joining the Super Center?"

Datura produces a small golden envelope from one of her utility belt pouches. The envelope is sealed with green wax, and a real flower has been pressed into the wax itself. She offers this with a flourish to Sylyntz, though realizes as she does so she's not entirely sure whether the creature is equipped to take things. Maybe that robot drone hand can help out in this situation? She sure hopes it can, otherwise this is a bit awkward. "This is for your master, Geneweaver. And do you have any more communications from them for us today?"
((I just realised what the bisney thing mentioned yesterday was ahhhh I can't believe I missed that? With Jeremy being a "Gisnep" fan, now I am pretty sure there's like. A whole multiverse of weird Disney expys—
Also sylyntz is baby bean ))
Vector (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((I was dead certain that in any universe with actual supers large corporations would hire and brand them and I thought.. probably a teenage blond girl would end up on the "Bisney" channel hawking lunch boxes and crappy My First Lipgloss bundles hahaha))
(( Okay but honestly absolutely fair assessment, they completely would XD))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus