Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((OH golly folks I didn't realize how much time had passed! I'mma give us another 20 minutes or so to wrap for today. :) ))
Zyn (played by WolfieTheDragon13)

((Sounds good! Thanks!))
He swears he’s trying his best to be polite, especially since at this point he’s pretty sure she really is their host, but he can’t help but snicker at the story. “S-sorry. Hope no one got hurt! But that’s amazing, like. I don’t know, again, this is an entire new world for me. And yeah!” He nods in agreement with Zyn. “You could actually do stuff!

“Oh, hey! I’m…” He pauses. Should he have a name? …But everyone was a super here, so it should be okay. “I guess, Jeremy is all I have for now! I didn’t have any powers until recently, it was.. uh. A bit of shock.” He holds up the bandaged hand. “No joke, literally.” He paused. “…Well, maybe kind of a joke. Cool stuff though?” What on earth could be considered cool by their standards?
((yeah! I'll try to come on earlier tomorrow I got caught up with his profile c': ))

Datura shakes her head. "Oh, I had a few scrapes, but it was nothing really. Mostly, I was just in shock." She looks thoughtful, mouthing "Jeremy" to herself in silence, and then says, "We should give you a temporary call sign for now. You can make a decision about a permanent one or whether to forego one entirely later on, but I don't want to close any doors for you this early. What about... The artist? Doodler?... Pencil?" She scrunches up her nose, trying to think of something simple to go with for now. "Stick Figure? The scribbler? Just, something like that for now. Until you find something more permanent."

Then, she turns to Zyn. "Zyn, is Jeremy the sort of person that your, uh... organization looks out for? If locals get spooked by his manifestations?"

"Uh, I mean imbued things. Like, ah... certain 'supers' are powerful enough to essentially give their powers to odjects. Like, for example..."

She reached a hand into her pocket, pulling out a plain, unassuming cork and holding it out for his inspection

"...This thing. It can plug any hole, but it's kinda specific--that and it doesn't always work for me." she gave the item a slight frown at this. "...But the real cool stuff can be dangerous in the wrong hands. So we're only allowed to use it in certain circumstances."

At Datura's question, she gave the man a sideways glance, seemingly evaluating him.

"We are sort of short on hands at the minute. I mean, I'm the only one really available for field work. But there's other stuff to do too. Cataloging for example, aka getting to play with stuff like this all day." she added, holding up the cork again.

((Sorry! I'm slow haha))
He grimaces at his own faux pas. “Oh man, I had a feeling. Lemme think… in-betweener.. Xsheet..? nah, reel? Frame by frame? Frame… oh.” He smacks a fist in his hand. “How about Keyframe? It’s ah… an animation thing, it’s kind of dumb, but it could work for now?”

There’s a fairly surprised and perhaps just a little panicked expression. “Organization?” He considers this with some seriousness, only for his eyes to glint. “Like The Regvenge Rangers?! Damn, that’s killer! Oh man, and secret gadgets and stuff too—“

The reveal of the cork cuts him off into a highly amused and stunned snort, squinting at the cork. “…I feel like, I’m probably underestimating how important that is—might be kind of the point, but still.”
He looks between the two, still a little caught off guard by the possibility. “ I-I mean. I guess? If it might help me learn how to deal with this more.” He gestures to his hands.

Datura grins. "Keyframe! That's absolutely perfect. I love it. If that's not your permanent callsign, I'll be stunned." She looks between Zyn and Jeremy thoughtfully. "I have to close up the center to visitors for now; you caught me a little late in the day! But if you're able to come back tomorrow, I'll try to prep more material for you, and I'll reach out to my network and see if I can find an illusionist who might be willing to teach you. In the meanwhile... Zyn, if you're not too busy, do you think you could keep an eye on Jeremy just overnight? Make sure his powers don't cause him or his neighbors any problems? That is, if you're both comfortable with that arrangement."

"We come into contact with all kinds of crazy powers pretty much every day--you might be able to find someone or something that has similar powers to your own. Also, my boss has lived pretty much forever and seen everything under the sun, and I mean everything. He might be able to help too."

"Uh... if he's alright with that, I guess I don't mind." she added, looking over at him again. "I'll give you my number, if you like. Er, you do use cellphones where you come from, right?"

((Jeremy, feel free to shoot me a PM if you like, no pressure if not though! Anyway, goodnight! And thanks everyone! This was way fun :-D ))
"Oh! Hah, guess I came in pretty late." He nods at the suggestion with a small shrug. "It's my day off tomorrow, and honestly I wanna be here for tomorrow too." He looks to Zyn. "Sure, sure. I'm okay with it if you are."

The question actually gets him to laugh. " I didn't think about that—yeah, we do. I'll give you my number then, and uh." He turns to their host. "Thanks? It's been a weird night, but pretty... Informative, I guess."
((Same here! That should be my final post for the night yes c: ))
Marinette (played anonymously)

Marinette had thought she had arrived too late when she saw nobody. "Oh... looks like I'm already late. Whoops!" She nervously giggled from her current transformed state, as she did need a mask. She was about to leave before suddenly deciding to stay, having hope that people would either come or return. "I have a hope in me someone will be here soon!"

((THANK YOU everyone today was awesome! I super hope I'll see you all again tomorrow :D

Topic is closing for now, but will reopen tomorrow for another 6 hours.

Sorry Marinette, you just missed us today! PLease do try again tomorrow though!))

It was day two of the Super Center's open house, and even more teleporter wrist-bands had been delivered to likely candidates. Datura stood ready in the lobby once more, looking expectantly at the teleporters. Yesterday had been a moderate success - could she make today blow yesterday out of the water?

((Welcome to our second official real time masquerade! This RP chat will be open for 6 hours today. We hope to see a variety of characters, an inclusive atmosphere, and an ever-changing cast to interact with.

We strongly encourage you to make a new, anonymous character to attend with! The setting is modern, in a slightly-alternate reality where masked super heroes exist. You may attend with any of your existing characters if you really want to -- All characters will be required to wear a mask, but that is the only restriction - bring me your super heroes, sidekicks, intrepid reporters and hapless bystanders! All characters are welcome, provided they don't destroy the venue.

When the masquerade is over today, the masks come off! Everybody can announce who they played after the masquerade ends, so that you can connect with your newfound friends and disappear down the plot bunny's tunnel to make new stories.

Remember - be respectful of your fellow players, and do your best to promote a fun and exciting RP environment for all comers.))
((Hello I am here! :D I will join in, in a little bit!))

((Hurrah! :D ))
Belle (played anonymously)

Belle appeared as if from nowhere, still looking down at the watch on her wrist as she slowly retracted her hand and looked up. Her mouth fell open realizing it had worked, she was here. Long had she hidden herself away, locked beyond the wall of weather she used to ward off those that would cause her harm. The world had changed since she had retreated into the mountains, and in truth she wasn't sure how long she had stayed there. She only knew the world at that time, at least her world, wouldn't accept her.

Slowly she allowed her arms to rest at her side, taking in her surroundings. The balloons stuck out, like someone had attempted to decorate a space ship for a child's birthday party. The garden, the pond, and even the dome light to some extent was a nice sight, and as her mouth closed she smiled as she stared at them a moment. Green was a color she hadn't seen in some time now, not like this anyway, and she began walking towards the center of the room to better examine the spring colors before halting.

She realized suddenly she wasn't alone, and her smile faded as she turned to notice Kavita. "Oh," she claimed, turning to face her but otherwise remaining where she was, "I didn't see you there." As she waited some kind of response, she reached up and pressed her gloved fingers from a single hand onto her mask, either repositioning it or assuring herself it was still there.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus