Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((That's okay, maybe it still works. ;) ))
Time Ghost (played by randomentity777)

A sudden flash of light indicates a new arrival via the transporters. A young woman, clad in a black and white costume with a yellow starburst insignia, her face covered by a typical superhero face mask, falls into the arrival area and rolls along the ground. "Augh! Oof! Ow!" She sprawls onto the floor. "I'm alright...just got caught off guard from the suddenness of it." She gets up and dusts herself off. "Anyways, where am I?"

The holographic boulders obligingly fall apart as they pass through Seraph's gate. After a few satisfying moments, the boulders vanish, and the word, "Cheating" appears in the air in front of Seraph.

The woman makes her way over to Datura. "You must be the person who organized all of this. I'm Time Ghost."
Zyn (played by WolfieTheDragon13)

((Ahaha yeah, Jeremy! Totally sounds like something I would take forever to do too--I'm awful at naming things ;-) Very clever though!))

Datura's eyebrows shoot up. "Time Ghost? You don't have time traveling or twisting powers, do you? My goodness, those are rare! It's a pleasure to meet you. I go by Datura. Plant growth and controls, for my own skill set. Comes in handy in more situations than you might think, but certainly not so many as time-based powers. Love the outfit, by the by."
Unfortunately, he only seems able to offer a startled “AUGHA” at first. Once he’s processed that he’s being welcomed, he shrugged with something of an awkward laugh. “I… I think? This is a lot to take in, I’m… listen, I got some kind of invitation back home, and full disclosure this is.. I mean, I’m pretty new to this, is what I’m saying? I don't even have a proper costume or name.” Let alone proper powers, he added privately.

He paused. “….I’m not in trouble or anything am I—Oh dang?” The new arrival got him to jump again. To his credit, he did offer a small wave.

"One? Oh! I meant a genetically-engineered creature." she explained to Sylyntz. "Where I come from, we're not nearly as advanced. Speaking of which... where are you from? "

"Er, not that you have to spell that out." she added, remembering the creature's form of communication might be rather slow and painful to process. "Maybe you could act it out, and I could guess?" She suggested, waving her arms in a way that vaguely resembled... a tree?

Datura reaches out a steadying hand toward Jeremy, but lets it hover about an inch away from him, clearly asking for some sign of consent before she touches his shoulder. "Steady on, friend. It's wonderful to have you here. If you need help grappling with a... new discovery, shall we say? You've come to exactly the right place. Costumes and names we can help with too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, hmm? Not everyone with a special talent feels the call to go into service, of course."

"Thanks." She smiles, "Well, they are kind of time twisting in a way. I can phase myself out of sync with the flow of time, meaning that I'm not affected by anything that changes history or some sort of erasing time paradox thing." She thinks. "Even I don't understand it. Anyways, it's nice to meet you, Datura." She gives a friendly wave in Jeremy's direction as she hangs around the room, taking everything in.
Seraph (played anonymously)

"rather rude, the rocks didn't touch me after all." they quietly told themselves as they began to dust themselves off with their hands "Though honestly I could

((accidentally sent that))

((Totally did that myself before I proofread one of my posts earlier, no worries ;-)))

"rather rude, the rocks didn't touch me after all." they quietly told themselves as they began to dust themselves off with their hands "Though honestly, I could have picked any other saint. Would they have preferred Joriel? Perhaps Michiel? Those are rather boring options though. Hardly any pageantry in them at all".
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

Sylyntz's head lowered a little. Act it out... easier said than done. Still... they tried. And by tried... it was more of a moment of stumbling about as though drunk, hopping from foot to foot, antennae wiggling about, almost falling over on more than one occasion. In the end, Sylyntz settled for spelling out: N E A R B Y . G E N E W E A V E R = S U P E R - S M A R T . It took a few seconds to display, but it was the best they could coherently offer.
While he does give the hand a wary look, he doesn’t flinch away, and the grounding is much needed and appreciated. The confirmation that this was indeed the place to get help also has him visibly relieved, in spite of his sheepish smile.

“Sure—I’m not really sure how my own… “powers”? I guess? Would help with that kind of thing, even if I wanted to. Powers." He made a face. "Wow, that sounds weird—no offense, I meant, for me? If I can stop them from popping up everywhere on their own, though, MAN that’d be fantastic.”

Datura nods thoughtfully to Time Ghost. "Yes, I can see how that might come in handy. Are you able to do it such that matter doesn't affect you, either? Say, to dodge a punch that might just go through you? Or is it time only?" She paused, realizing that she wasn't sure how a person could leave time but not space, or space but not time, but sometimes powers were complicated. She shook her head, turning to Jeremy and giving his shoulder a comforting pat. "Getting them under control is absolutely the first step. I promise, your life is about to change, and you're going to have your own choice in where you go from here. Can you tell me anything about what it is that you can do, or what it is that you want to STOP doing?"

Over in the training bay, the word "Cheating" fades away, and is replaced by rather more words: Object of simulation: hone physical reflexes for use when offensive powers are unavailable.

"Ack--sorry, again." Zyn added, feeling like a bit of an idiot when the creature settled for spelling out the message instead. He did look kind of cute bouncing around, but she wasn't about to dare admit that aloud. "It was still better than mine though. I can see why no one ever asks me to play charades anymore."

She let out a slight laugh at her own joke before quieting down again.

"Nearby Geneweaver, huh? I can see why you'd be super smart after that. Just soaking up all the, uh... science." she finished, rather lamely. "I haven't studied it much myself, but wow, can you imagine being able to physically make anything that pops into your head?"
Vector (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Having given her TV interview(?) Vector gives a little twirl and wave to those present, and blows kisses apparently randomly on her way back over to the teleporters. "Great meeting you all! See you on the second day of this little open house, I bet." And with that, she exits the scene.

"Not built for evasion sadly dear, but sound advice all the same I assure you. everything else can be done with the right words though, so I suppose this was indeed fun regardless." He didn't seem to care much, freely exiting the machine with a wide grin decorating his features. "Might not use that particular mode in the future myself, but I assume its more useful for others. I learn better through reading anyway, not much of the physical sort."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus