Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

Vector (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Vector gives Jeremy a decidedly quizzical look, not quite understanding where the "I guess" bit of his statement is coming from. "Thanks?" she responds in equally uncertain tones to him. To Datura, she re-asserts her charm. "Oh, I'll definitely consider that. Make sure you send all the contracts to my agent and we'll review." And with that, she blurs her way over to the pond, going to see who this new person is who's doing some... leaf trampolining? "Hi, I don't think I saw you here yesterday! I'm Vector, of course. Who are you?"
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

Between Vector's antics and Jeremy's compliment, Sylyntz attempted to strike a pose of their own. It was somewhat less impressive than pretty much anything the teen had on offer, but there was somehow still plenty of pride and effort put into the display. It was a pose that also somehow managed to portray a level of thanks toward the offered compliment. Perhaps it was the cheerfully perked-up antennae.

The envelope caught Sylyntz's attention and their attention turned to Datura, watching her lips as she spoke. Sylyntz slumped a little in apprehension after the previous mistake before releasing the drone again, and slowly and with all the concentration and fumbling as someone trying to thread a needle attempted to grab the offered item between the chubby fingers of the mechanical device. As they fumbled at the envelope, an audio message played from somewhere within their mask.
Quote:
Stay still... no, I can't fix it if you move about so much... hmm? Oh... it's on... ah... greetings Datura! It's me, the Geneweaver, once again. If you are hearing this message, then doubtlessly it was because you asked about it... or otherwise Sylyntz has made a mistake, but that is not necessarily a negative thing. Anyway, as you may have probably guessed I have skimmed over some of Sylyntz's recordings and considered it worthwhile to send my sidekick on another fact-finding jaunt. I fully predict some future correspondence in person at some point in the future, but alas time is not always an ally. For now, rest assured that your project has my attention and I would be more than happy to discuss any potential future collaboration when I am available to do so. Kind regards. Kind regards...? Is that even something one says when ending an audio message? Blast... Sylyntz! No! You are not suppose to record this bit! End-"

At last, Sylyntz managed to get a grip on the envelope, and the drone floated around their head for a moment as though trying to find a place to deposit it. In the end, it opted for slotting the letter into Sylyntz's belt, hoping that it would not come dislodged. Or that any bends in it would not be detrimental to the contents.
Sentinel watched around him before advancing forward. The invitation, though strange, beckoned him here. "Might as well see what's going on here." His mask was tight on his face. It was a special request that he didn't understand, but he still respected it.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

A flicker of something like uncertainty or disappointment goes across Datura's face at Vector's "talk to my agent" blow-off, but the message from Geneweaver restores her good spirits fully. "Most excellent! Please tell Geneweaver that I look forward to an in-person discussion at his earliest convenience. I suspect that our two talents could find some synergy, to start with. My letter to him expands on my ideas."

She takes a deep breath, and turns to Keyframe. "I'm not very good at the direct ask part of this job, but I guess I'll stop dancing around it and spit it out -- Keyframe, maybe you'd consider joining as a trainee member as well? It's no financial cost, you'd just be committing to some do-goodery once you're graduated. Nothing outside of whatever your eventual full skillset turns out to be, of course!" She looks surprised. "OH! I had good news for you, I can't believe I forgot! I did some asking around for you, and it turned out an associate of mine has a distant relation who has a talent for illusions. His aren't visual, I'm afraid, but auditory. He can re-create voices he's heard, or make them say new things. He does a lot of what he calls 'foley' work for the movie industry, in fact, though I'm pretty sure his boss thinks he's actually... I don't know, shaking metal sheets next to microphones instead of just making faces and concentrating. But I know he absolutely had an issue with creating noises he didn't intend to make for several years after his powers manifested. He said he would consider meeting you here at the center for weekly practice sessions together, if you're interested. I suspect if you recorded a personal message for him, that might give him the final push he needs to sort out his schedule and properly give back to his community." She winks, as if she finds nothing quite so delightful as gang-pressing people into doing acts of volunteerism. "And if that doesn't do it, I'll go and get him. The super powered community is too small for us not to support one another."
Zyn (played by WolfieTheDragon13)

She'd forgotten. She'd totally forgotten.

Zyn was quickly striding through the crowd of people in the outside city, trying to remember where she'd exited the Super Center from the night before. She had stayed overnight in a nearby hotel, intending to get the information on superpowers from Datura and take the 3 o' clock train home, but other things had come up, and now...

It must've disguised itself somehow--or maybe she was just notoriously bad with directions. With a frustrated sigh, she re-adjusted her mask, (which was beginning to peel off--Stickyman's gluestick had been working perfectly fine for her yesterday, but of course decided it was going to be temperamental now.) slipped into a narrow alleyway, and pressed the button on the watch again, bracing herself for the sensation of instant-travel.

Next thing she knew, she was stepping out of a teleporter into the gleaming lobby of the super center again, trying for a moment or two longer to try and get a corner of her mask to lay flat before giving up.

There were several familiar faces from the day before, and also a few new ones--it was a little strange to see how many she recognized. It made her feel a little subconscious that she was wearing the same clothes she had on yesterday, but hopefully no one had paid enough attention to her to notice that.

She walked a few feet away from the teleporters before coming up short, trying to figure out the best--and least awkward--way to integrate herself into the conversation.
He nods approvingly at their pose with a large grin. "Yeah, you go little buddy!" When they turn to "address" Datura however, he looks the other way in an attempt to be polite, taking in the rest of the view—as well as giving a wave and a "Hey," to the fairly serious looking newcomer. That said, one might catch his shoulders shaking at the final part of the message, and a poor attempt at hiding a chortle.

It was no surprise then that he jumps, lips tightnened in an all too guilty look as he turned to face Datura. Zyn gets a grateful wave, both for her part as a distraction and maybe for yesterday's volunteering, but before he could say anything, Datura's proposition has him reeling.

"Are you kidding?! Working with a sound designer AND voice actor super, DUDE, that's incredible—s-sorry!" He has to steady himself, his hair almost bouncing along with him in excitement. "It's just—okay well, I don't work in the industry yet, but I animate and I can totally get behind that? Damn, what an advantage too, he could start a whole podcast if he wanted to, hah! If I can, like—I mean, I should have the weekends off for sure, but the kids are having their exams so I might have more time then and, geezus, wait, what do even I tell him?" He looks up, completely unaware that he'd been rambling. "I mean, if he doesn't want to, I don't want to force him but like... w-wow, I don't know? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE that, but are you sure?"
((Eyyyy Zyn, you made it! ^_^ ))

((Hi, yeah! Had some free time on my hands so I thought I'd drop in! Good to see you! And everyone else too, of course ;-)))

Datura was, of course, wearing the very same costume that she'd been wearing yesterday. If it was actually the same clothing or she just had a closet-full of the brightly colored spandex numbers, who knew? Probably she had several, of course, being that it was a work uniform. So Zyn's wearing of the same clothes didn't look particularly unusual to her, in this setting. To Jeremy, she nods. "Yes, of COURSE I'm sure! That's what we're here for!"

A deep rumbling noise slowly grows, gradually beginning to shake the walls and floor of the Super Center. Abruptly, an alarm screams out a warning, the lights of the lobby going red. Datura curses, leaping toward a nearby wall panel and frantically punches buttons. "No!" She cries through gritted teeth. "Not today! I had the shields lowered so that the public could visit, and--"

KEEERASH!!! The eastern wall suddenly craters inward as a massive armored vehicle, its hull slick with some kind of ooze and its nose tipped with a comically large drill, punches through the metal walls and drops open a hatchway. Black-clad goons, all wearing gas masks and carrying guns that look like they were designed for a sci-fi movie start leaping out, followed by a menacing laugh. "NYAHAHAHAHA! DID YOU THINK THAT MAJOR POLLUTION WOULDN'T FIND OUT ABOUT THIS GATHERING OF DO-GOODERS, DATURA?"

The teen's eyebrows go way, way up, and she mutters something about not realizing it was going to be that kind of workday. She glances around quickly as if checking for the location of any possible recording devices, her eyes skating over Sylyntz once more. Her voice is suddenly all business, loud and commanding. "Okay, first thing's first, who's a civilian? Hands up if you want to be taken to safety!"
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

Now that was odd... just as Sylyntz was trying to nudge their belt into a position to better secure the letter with subtle hip movements - if one could call what they had 'hips' - there was an odd vibration throughout the building. Sylyntz tottered about a little trying to work out just what was going on. Nothing... it was... nothing...?

Sylyntz's head turned left and right, eyeing the west side of the building in confusion. Maybe it was just an earthquake? They were of course totally oblivious to the mayhem that was unfolding behind them.
Absolutely beaming, Jeremy is about to continue with his gratitude. But then comes the alarm, and he falters with a frown. "What? What do—"

He falls back with a loud swear, wondering what on earth that horrible sound was. When he manages to find its source, his face pales, looking between the wall and Datura. Those guys definitely did not look friendly, and he quickly scoots back, eyes between them and finally resting on the grand arrival.

The evil laugh was impressive though, he had to give him that.

Part of him nearly obeys the teen's call for evacuation, before realizing that oh, wait a second. First looking at his hands, then to Datura, Zyn, Sylyntz, Vector and the other new faces, he eventually decides to stand, rather shakily, at their side. It's more awkward and hardly as brave as he would liked it to appear, but he's doing the best he can. Help now, panic later. ALL the panic.

It was almost something of a relief to Zyn as she caught Jeremy--no, sorry, Keyframe's--friendly wave at her. In response, she lifted a hand in a rather casual-looking salute, giving him a sly grin.

Maybe today wouldn't be so bad?

Naturally, as soon as that thought had floated across her mind, the whole building started to rumble and shake, causing the girl to nearly loose her footing as she quickly groped for something to hold on to--in this case, a nearby railing. Within seconds, one of the walls crumbled inward, revealing a huge armored vehicle and a bunch of goons that looked like they had stepped out of a summer blockbuster.

"Major Pollution?" she echoed rather causally, adrenaline pumping through her veins as she wrapped her fingers tightly around something on her belt, pulling a small knife out of it's sheath, one that looked an awful lot like the sword she had used in the simulation yesterday. "Were all the good supervillain names taken?"

It definitely looked as if she had brought a knife to a gun fight, but this was no ordinary knife. seconds later it's etching began to glow an ominous green-blue, and it quickly doubled in size, causing the air around her to shimmer in a haze of light.

Please be enough. Please, please be enough. she thought to herself.

((For real though, the name 'Major Pollution' is gold XD))
((I love like the absolute 80s hasbro villain vibes he's giving off :'D ))

((I may or may not but definitely did live and breath Captain Planet as a kid. >.>))
Sentinel sensed the rumbling and quickly rushed over to see if he could help. "Time to get to work." he whispered to himself.

He summoned his double-sided scythe to his hand as he got closer. He looked around to see if there was anything he could use to his advantage.

The villain's laugh was pretty good though. It definitely was better than a lot of the ones he was used to hearing.

Vector stares at Sylyntz just standing there as the wall caves in behind them. "Oh," she catches herself before she can swear, and finishes, "poop." She blurs over to the weird little furry creature, stopping just long enough for the human eye to register her complete silhouette locking an arm around their furry center. Assuming no resistance, she vrrrrrrrroooms them over to behind a metal console built into a corner of the room, depositing Sylyntz there, hoping it's enough cover to protect them from the laser beams flying through the air. "Mybestsideistheleft," she motor mouths, barely managing to slow her speech down enough for the human ear to understand her. "I'mgonnawantacopyofthis. Thanks." She gives them a blurry patpatpat on the head, and goes streaking back over to the group of supers standing defiantly in the center of the lobby, pausing JUST long enough for a heroic pose, ponytail fluttering over her shoulder in the wind of her own speed, then blurs again, and returns holding one of the weird sci-fi guns she apparently just took off a goon. "I'vereallygottapaymoreattentionattargetpractice," she mutters, but she does manage to look real cool holding it.

Panels in the Super Center's ceiling slide back, allowing mechanized turrets to lower from the ceiling and take aim at the approaching army of goons. A bona fide laser fight begins, green lasers from the Super Center, red lasers from Major Pollution's forces.

Datura throws her arms up, and the garden at the center of the lobby erupts into a near jungle of vines, stretching from wall to wall and floor to ceiling, hiding the defenders from the rapidly closing force. The occasional red laser comes PEW PEWing through the wall, leaving sizzled plant matter behind. Still, it makes the goon's fire much less accurate when it comes to the small group of defenders.

"Keyframe! Try to distract them! Give them false targets if you can. Vector, Zyn and -- whoever you are -- " she says, indicating Sentinel, "Get ready to rush them when I drop this wall!"
Sylyntz (played by Riik)

Sylyntz was... at a total loss as to what just happened. One minute they were looking for a source of an earthquake whilst they felt the impression of movement around them that did not match previous patterns. The next, they were being whisked away and... deposited...? They managed to just about catch sight of Vector as they glanced around trying to find the source of what had moved them, then spent a few seconds getting their bearings. They were... behind furniture...? Equipment. A console. This was certainly quite far away from where they were before. Sylyntz peeked out from their hiding place...

And the penny dropped.

Oh noes! Someone had crashed into the wall! No wait... that wasn't an ordinary vehicle. Were those guns...? Goodness! Was this an attack...? One thing was for certain. Sylyntz was not equipped for warfare. Not without...

Sylyntz used their neural transmitter to send a distress message back to the lab. With any luck, the Geneweaver still had that spare teleportation watch. Which meant... he could send it through...

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Official Event: Spring Masquerade

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus