Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Covenant Earth War (A Large Scale Halo war rp)

Captain Cutter (played by Chris_Pike) Topic Starter

Douglas sighed "You and me are Spartan IIs, Jessica is a Spartan III, Therefore she is not as tough and... Unfortunately John... Because we are better and stronger, We are going to see many die before us. Its one of the bad things of being stronger than those around you... I know how you feel"
Captain Keyes (played by Zactrul)

John nodded "I know" he said then got up from his seat "let me know how Jessica is when you get any information" he then began walking off towards the bridge.

The Pillar of Autumn was in the middle of slipspace on its way to Onyx

Douglas nodded "You will be the first to know" He said standing up as well

The Spirit of Fire was about two minutes behind the Autumn and Cutter was looking over old data "Serena, Send the data we got on these creatures from are last encounter to there AI" Cutter said looking at a data pad, Serena nodded "Alright then" Then Serena sent all data they had on the strange alien creature to Cortana

Cortana received the information "The flood huh?" she said reviewing the data "they are all biomass but none of them living? how is that possible at all" cortana turned to Keyes "I don't have a clue, what about you Cutter?" Keyes asked

"From what we saw years ago and from Serena's readings, These things take over the host and use its BIO mass to become more powerful, Like a hive mind they all know when one of their creatures die, Which makes surprise attacks impossible. When we fought the flood they often kept regenerating their larger flood structures. They can also tap into the minds of those infected, They can tap into the memories of those they infect meaning they could easily figure out a plan. However... Interestingly enough Spartans that did not receive negative side effects of their mutations are immune to flood infection"

Keyes confirmed "alright that's good, but we can't send in only Spartans" he said

John came walking into the bridge and interrupted the conversation "then send just me, you won't risk as much" he said insistently

Cutter put a hand to his chin,"That wont stop them from killing you Spartan. There is no none way to permanently stop this infestation" Cutter was about to say something else, But then Serena then spoke "Actually Captain there is... The Strange robots called 'Sentinels' were able to permenatly kill any flood building or parasite, I assume if there was flood on that planet, There are bound to be some of those there"

john shook his head "oh well, if I fall then you'll know how dangerous they are" he walked up beside Keyes "it's better than having no information sir"

Cutter sighed "Keyes, Hes under your command. Its your call if you want to send him or not" Cutter then spoke a little louder "if you do however, I can provide MAC blasts to cover him"

Keyes shook his head "No, John i'm not sending you down there we need to think about what we're doing" he said

John then saluted "sir with all due respect, we won't get anything done up here"

Cutter started thinking, Then Serena spoke "What if Cortana went with John? Surly she could divert power to Johns shields in his suit when needed, And provide helpful information to him, She is quite good at doing that, Or so she has told me"

Cortana nodded "it's been a while since I saw some action from John's HUD" she said and John nodded "whatever get's me down there" he said Keyes looking at him "fine, just be careful chief don't get wreckless"

Cutter nodded "We will provide support as you need it" Then the Spirit Of Fire sent over a Pelican, The difference was this Pelican had duel ChainGuns on the front. The Pelican landed waiting for John

John made his way to the hangars and while he was moving he contacted Douglas "keep me updated on Jessica's status" he said and once in the hangar bay made his way to the pelican and hopped inside

"I will" Douglas said in his rough voice

The Pelican took off and headed for the flood covered planet. Then when they got low the Pelican started unloading its chainguns to clear a landing zone, some Flood Launchers fired at the Pelican, But the Pelican was able to dodge the blasts and started destroying the Launchers and then landed "Good luck sir!" The Male Pelican pilot said waiting for John to jump out

John hopped out and nodded "alright point me in the right direction Cortana" He said and waited for a response "Alright your gonna head southwest i'm getting some signals from that way" she said and John turned around and started sprinting towards the signal

The Pelican took off and headed back for the Spirit of fire

Two Flood combat forms from Elites were idling and did not see John, Now John could sneak around them or kill them.

John snuck around them keeping low, he tossed a grenade behind them and let it explode to draw attention away from him and started sprinting some more "Cutter do you have my signal on your map?"

The two Combat forms quickly ran towards the Explosion, Cutter then spoke "Yes John we have you. and be advised that there is a Flood Hive near you, If you want We can take it out"

John nodded still sprinting "keep their attention away from me, do whatever you have to, just don't send down any marines or ODST" he said making his way away from the hive "Cortana how far is the signal?" Cortana came up on johns HUD and showed him a map of the local area "It should be 500 meters in front of you" John couldn't see past a large hill in front of him but he kept running towards the marker anyways

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Covenant Earth War (A Large Scale Halo war rp)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus